• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Not as good as the last update but fairly solid:

Pop'n Twinbee - A JP/PAL only release. Seems to be one of the better shooters Konami put out after the let down of Gradius 3. Being from the Twinbee series, I'd expect a solid game here.
Smash Tennis - Another new release that was JP/PAL only, so I'll be curious to see how it stacks up and if it has that classic Namco charm.

Shadow of the Ninja - A Natsume classic. Hopefully two-player online co-op will make the game easier. A solid platformer and hidden gem. Like Sunsoft, Natsume was behind several rare and cult classic 8-bit action titles so hopefully this is a good sign for future re-releases.
Eliminator Boat Dual - The surprise of the month. Haven't played it but I have heard good things about it. I wonder what company owns it?

Japan gets Twinbee and Atlantis no Nazo (a famous kusoge title), and plays catch up with Crystalis and BoF2. In terms of quality, this is yet another month were NA/PAL regions have beaten JP.

Good for them, then.

My issue with Breath of Fire is that out of all of the Capcom properties, they chose to only bring Breath of Fire, Ghosts n' Goblins, and its spinoff series starring Firebrand (I think that's his name). Not a single man of mega, not a single fighting street, they didn't even wanna bring ****ing Strider or Captain Commando. And I assume it's because of Legacy Collection or HD ports and all that making it pretty unnecessary. And they do have the classic NES and SNES with all the good **** for 60 - 80 bucks or however much it costs.

I just want more first-party titles that people recognize from the SNES era, the real bangers, the real hitters. We got StarFox ****ing 2, which was an exclusive before, why can't I get Mother 2?
Strider kind of makes sense as it has some licensing stuff behind it. The only game in the series that was on a Nintendo platform was the NES version, which isn't the most fondly remembered, was a NA only release, and was based more on the manga.

Mega Man, Mega Man X, Street Fighter, Final Fight, and Captain Commando all already have collections on Switch. That said:

SNES, still has Final Fight 2/3, Saturday Night Slam Masters 1/2, and Magic Sword. Also Mega Man spin offs.

NES, they still have 1942/43, Commando, Codename Viper, Bionic Commando, Gargoyle's Quest 2, Gun.Smoke, Legendary Wings, Mighty Final Fight, Section Z, Son Son, Street Fighter 2010, and Trojan.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Hello, Nintendo Ninjas?
This one right here.
IMG_20191225_132257.jpg

"Uh, hey there Mr. Doug Bowser, I just wanted to play some Wario World without hooking up my Wii. Plus, some of my GCN discs are gettin' kind of old and might not read for much longer, and I only got one working Memory Card left that could give out anyday, so uh, we cool?"
IMG_20191227_180619.jpg

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Welp, I'm just one Zamazenta away from completing my living National Dex. I've had a Mewtwo deposited on the GTS for hours but no one's taken up the offer, which makes sense I guess.

I might have to complete my second play through of Sword and trade a second Zacian for it.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Good for them, then.

My issue with Breath of Fire is that out of all of the Capcom properties, they chose to only bring Breath of Fire, Ghosts n' Goblins, and its spinoff series starring Firebrand (I think that's his name). Not a single man of mega, not a single fighting street, they didn't even wanna bring ****ing Strider or Captain Commando. And I assume it's because of Legacy Collection or HD ports and all that making it pretty unnecessary. And they do have the classic NES and SNES with all the good **** for 60 - 80 bucks or however much it costs.

I just want more first-party titles that people recognize from the SNES era, the real bangers, the real hitters. We got StarFox ****ing 2, which was an exclusive before, why can't I get Mother 2?
Mega Man, Earthbound, and Street Fighter should honestly be there, you will hear no arguments from me on that, but I will not stand for any slander of Breath of Fire, Ghosts n' Goblins, and especially Demon's Crest. Those are really solid games and actually are worthwhile additions to the service, and them being there is not a detriment to it just because other games aren't.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Alright, so. I got 4 out of 6 characters actually finished on my fighter's pass 2 template. I just need 2 more. I'm trying to limit myself to 2 factors right now; characters I explicitly want, and ones not currently in Ultimate in any shape or form(I do not believe base game spirits disconfirm either, but I'm still trying to be unique here. Do note, I am not going to count any spirit events that suddenly pop up. I mean basically around when Byleth was announced and we got news we're getting exactly 6 more). I do however think AT's are severely unlikely to upgrade in the same game(not impossible, mind you, but they're not ones I consider plausible enough. Not that most of my characters are either, of course, but at least they're new, which is overall the point behind my personal favorite selection).

So far, what's done is Scorpion, Brian, Fulgore, and ToyAgumon, in that order. I don't have the names pasted or the logos done. Just the big character pictures. Fulgore is the only one I feel looks a little bad, due to using the outdated sprite/render, as it didn't enlarge too well. But it's also still really nice, especially after I cleaned up a tiny error. Plus, Brian isn't a render either, just a regular boxart style drawing.

It won't be easy to figure out, though. Only contender right now is Cirno, and I'm still iffy on her as an option. Especially since she might not have the right kind of drawing that's easy to work with either. I'm also trying to for different companies to spread out the love, so Nightmare is off the table with ToyAgumont here(yes, Bandai and Namco used to be separate, but they aren't now). You could argue its arbitrary as a rule, but I find it more fun and interesting to set a lot of restrictions too. Capcom's Morrigan Aensland is another contender, too. Finding a picture that isn't focused on her bosom would be difficult. And while I like her, I'm not sure I'd entirely choose her over Lord Raptor either. Fate is another series I'm thinking on, though which one is difficult to say. Mordred was easily one character I liked a lot, though Nero and Artoria are great too. Snarkers are fun.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
-snip-
Cuphead Spirit event
First Cuphead as a Mii costume, and now a Spirit event! Well I’m certainly a happy camper! I’m curious as to how they’ll represent characters such as The Devil and King Dice.

Edit: Apparently Cuphead and Mugman are Megamans, and The Devil is Mewtwo.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm absolutely not disagreeing with you, virtual console is my most wanted feature. Like, of course ****ing Nintendo takes one of their best ideas in the last 15 years and goes "nobody wants to buy games individually now, they want shovelware from 30 years forced down their throats."
To be fair, there really was no way to do a VC indefinitely. If they let us transfer over our games from system to system indefinitely then they’ll loose money on it the more systems they release. But if they make us re-buy each system then it would be a very anti-consumer move and very bad PR.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I have games to occupy me for the meantime - DQ XI S just seems to have content that goes and goes
... but I just wanna know more about what Nintendo has planned after spring like their holiday title etc.

Really looking forward to Animal Crossing (though the fans on Twitter are doing my head in), but hoping the rest of the year isn't carried by ports, DLC and then one big title at the end, as was largely the case for 2018

Cracke

Smash Journeyman
I have games to occupy me for the meantime - DQ XI S just seems to have content that goes and goes
... but I just wanna know more about what Nintendo has planned after spring like their holiday title etc.

Really looking forward to Animal Crossing (though the fans on Twitter are doing my head in), but hoping the rest of the year isn't carried by ports, DLC and then one big title at the end, as was largely the case for 2018
Here's hoping we get a notable direct sometime in March, March is the end of most known content, right?

D

Deleted member

botw 2 better have registerable things that aren't horses. cannot say how many times i have ridden a bear to the stables only for them to tell me off.. "bull****" i whisper under my breath at the screen. his name is ****bag and he is my bear. these corrupt hypocrites rule these stables and i hope they are killed off

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
What on this good green earth is this gif and why was it datamined from Pokemon Home:

pokemon-home-gif.original.gif

Also, yes, I'm serious: This was datamined from Pokemon Home.

What the peck.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
We now have a partially covered silhouette of the Mythical Pokémon in the latest issue of CoroCoro.

Full reveal will be on February 27 (Pokémon Day)

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Imagine if Smash had this and people started forming conspiracy theories about it being related to a character.
It is bad I can actually imagine that happening?

Maybe as a ****post, but I feel like someone would actually use this gif as a evidence of them knowning something about the next character.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Imagine if Smash had this and people started forming conspiracy theories about it being related to a character.
They're doing that anyway, I guarantee you that someone is already making a "Mystery Silhouette for Smash" thread draft as we speak.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Here's a warning for Sword/Shield players

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Not day. I mean what hour.
As much as people like to think we have Directs down to an exact science based on previous patterns/insider information, I think it'd be better for their health if they just accepted it'll happen when it happens.

Of course that's the opposite of what will actually go down, but we'll be here to watch as mashing F5 at a specific hour yields the same result it has for months.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

That exact moment when you realize Bugs Bunny could singe handily defeat Thanos.

Bugs Bunny OP as **** plz nerf.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm sure that the direct will happen next week, guys!
Yeah. Sure. Nintendo probably feels like what they did in January is enough and won’t show us anything till E3. Because in a year where Sony and Microsoft are going to be quiet for most of it before exploding at the end it’s important to not use the time you have when they’re quiet to dominate the conversation.

D

Deleted member

We may not have a Direct this week, but It Will still be an awesome day for me tomorrow:

>My mother will go with my grandfather to the doctor in the morning so that means we may eat out of home again
>The first Marvel Legends figure from the F4 wave (Doctor Doom) comes out at my favourite comic book store and of course I will pick It
>I Will decide an hour with my crush for my Friday date at the English classes
>My mother goes to the theater during the evening so I'll be home alone during that time frame
>I Will shave off my beard for the Friday date

So we may not have a Direct, but that surely won't ruin this awesome week I'm having.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
We now have a partially covered silhouette of the Mythical Pokémon in the latest issue of CoroCoro.

Full reveal will be on February 27 (Pokémon Day)
Looks like a hitmonlee and sableye fusion. What a weird look

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So I had absolute rarity of going to the cinema with my film critic friend and us two being the only ones there, in the whole building.

1917 was brilliant by the way. Great plot and acting. The one shot filming was amazing but it felt like it worked against the film a bit. Give it 8.5 out of 10.

Sadly no Direct news which is a shame but hey another week is ahead.

D

Deleted member

Decided to spend some time working on making some Silhouettes for a scene I want to do for my project, I made a ton of them.
They're pretty easy and quick to make, so I'm just mass producing them atm so I can finalize who I want the obligatory "big bad(s)" to be.
download (8).jpg

Screenshot_20190501-145634_YouTube.jpg

Dragon_Deity_of_Destruction,_Gyze_(Anime-GZ-NC-5) (1).jpg

download (9).jpg

download (10).jpg
If you can't tell, there's a distinct pattern here lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom