• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Also, new NES and SNES online games are releasing this month.
Also starting to be convinced that Nintendo fans don't play other games that aren't featured in Smash.
I honestly am not sure some Smash fans know other video games completely unrelated to Smash exist or that not everyone is into Smash, honestly.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Well I’m sorry there isn’t a line with the word “Ultimate” I can pull from. At least from what I heard.

Who would Papyrus be? :ultluigi:? :ultfalcon:? Or what about Undyne? Toriel? Alphys? Asgore? etc?
Hmm well I think papyrus as Luigi works
Definitely plant for flowy. Ness, Lucas,and villager as Chara, Frisk and Asriel. Yoshi as Alphys. Bayonetta as mettaton. Zss as Undyne. Bowser as Asgore. Maybe Peach or Zelda as Toriel.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I'm just saying if we get an Undertale spirit event and Sans is not represented by Ness, then what's even the point?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I honestly am not sure some Smash fans know other video games completely unrelated to Smash exist or that not everyone is into Smash, honestly.
To be completely fair, when I was first indoctrinated into the series I was told that everyone loves it because it “brings together all corners of the gaming community” and that “a character getting in Smash means they’ve really made it”. I didn’t make any of that up. It’s how the people around me irl and online talked about it. So newcomers at least are more so infected by that mindset then actually inventing it in their own heads.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
For those losing their minds over no direct, keep in mind that in 2016, the only big thing that we got was Zelda BoTW, and new Pokemon games. One which we already knew about, as well as seeing some gameplay, and one that was an inevitability. We only got ONE big direct for the year, and that was in March. The only other thing of note is the 3DS direct, which was mostly ports and shovelware cash grab games, with like, 3 things of interest.

Rizen

Smash Legend
A while ago someone hosted smashfests but they got canceled due to noise complaints by the neighbors. They haven't started back up so I said "screw it, I'll host my own". I'm getting too rusty playing MHW Iceborne.

MooMew64

...I'd actually be okay if Nintendo wanted to sit April and May out, lol.

I got Mystery Dungeon, Animal Crossing, FF7 Remake, AND Battle for Bikini Bottom coming. My spring gaming is already pretty full.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Also starting to be convinced that Nintendo fans don't play other games that aren't featured in Smash.
Shadow of the Ninja looks kind of dope. And maybe that Twinbee game too. The two.....eh. I get why the MM and CV games aren't on these cause of the collections that they made for multiple platforms.

But all the DKC games should be there at some point.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Shadow of the Ninja looks kind of dope. And maybe that Twinbee game too. The two.....eh. I get why the MM and CV games aren't on these cause of the collections that they made for multiple platforms.

But all the DKC games should be there at some point.
I do wonder why Nintendo is so insistent on being obtuse about this. Are they hoping that people will just keep waiting for the game until they get it?

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Lol Nintendo's Twitter is a special place right now.
It has been the longest direct drought so far... Not that it should matter.

I honestly forgot about the wait entirely for a while until today, lol.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Or maybe the selection is pretty ass.

I want Donkey Kong and EarthBound, not goddamn Breath of Fire.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
For those losing their minds over no direct, keep in mind that in 2016, the only big thing that we got was Zelda BoTW, and new Pokemon games. One which we already knew about, as well as seeing some gameplay, and one that was an inevitability. We only got ONE big direct for the year, and that was in March. The only other thing of note is the 3DS direct, which was mostly ports and shovelware cash grab games, with like, 3 things of interest.
BOTW was all they needed before they revealed the Switch

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Today is one of those days where I don't want to do anything but laze about and eat junk food.

(Un)fortunately I'm all out of junk food, so I'd have to get up and go to the store to get some. But I'm feeling lazy so I'm not going to.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
But what about people who like Breath of Fire? I'm sure they like it being on there.

TBH I'm more annoyed it's year 3 and N64 still ain't on it. :/
When's Mario 64? The alone would make a ton of people happy. Without getting into stuff like Star Fox, F-Zero and Kirby.

D

Deleted member

When's a Direct showing up?

Oh my goodness this drought.

Sakurai why leave us in the dark?

Me binge-watching Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid AND trying to get into K-Drama:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
But what about people who like Breath of Fire? I'm sure they like it being on there.
Good for them, then.

My issue with Breath of Fire is that out of all of the Capcom properties, they chose to only bring Breath of Fire, Ghosts n' Goblins, and its spinoff series starring Firebrand (I think that's his name). Not a single man of mega, not a single fighting street, they didn't even wanna bring ****ing Strider or Captain Commando. And I assume it's because of Legacy Collection or HD ports and all that making it pretty unnecessary. And they do have the classic NES and SNES with all the good **** for 60 - 80 bucks or however much it costs.

I just want more first-party titles that people recognize from the SNES era, the real bangers, the real hitters. We got StarFox ****ing 2, which was an exclusive before, why can't I get Mother 2?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I don't know how I didn't know this but apparently the GTS is only accessible on the mobile version of Pokemon Home.

So if I want to trade something from Sword, I have to open up Pokemon Home on the Switch, move it into Home, then go on my phone to put it into the GTS, wait for someone to take the trade, then move the new pokemon back from Home into Sword.

That's really clunky and stupid. I'd be angry if the GTS was a exclusive to premium but as it is now I'm just slightly annoyed.

MooMew64

When's Mario 64? The alone would make a ton of people happy. Without getting into stuff like Star Fox, F-Zero and Kirby.
On the bright side, OoT and Majora's Mask are on 3DS, but yeah getting the original Mario 64 is a pain nowadays if you weren't one of the 5 people in the world that bought a Wii U. Kirby 64 is in the same boat, now that I think about it.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Good for them, then.

My issue with Breath of Fire is that out of all of the Capcom properties, they chose to only bring Breath of Fire, Ghosts n' Goblins, and its spinoff series starring Firebrand (I think that's his name). Not a single man of mega, not a single fighting street, they didn't even wanna bring ****ing Strider or Captain Commando. And I assume it's because of Legacy Collection or HD ports and all that making it pretty unnecessary. And they do have the classic NES and SNES with all the good **** for 60 - 80 bucks or however much it costs.

I just want more first-party titles that people recognize from the SNES era, the real bangers, the real hitters. We got StarFox ****ing 2, which was an exclusive before, why can't I get Mother 2?
Demon's Crest is pretty great if you never tried it.

I agree that no Mega Man/MMX or Street Fighter really hurts the line up, same with Castlevania and Contra. Which also got skipped over due to their Collections releasing. It'd be nice if they released stuff like Mega Man Extreme or the Gameboy Mega Man games, since they wouldn't conflict with what Capcom put out, but there's no Gameboy/Gameboy Color selection either, as far as I know.

Why the DKC games weren't out as far as I could tell, is beyond me though.

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Good for them, then.

Capcom doesn't want you getting Mega Man for free with a NSO subscription because they're selling the collections.

If someone is paying $20 a year and getting the better and more memorable Mega Man games, then where is the incentive to $40 or whatever to own a copy?

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Capcom doesn't want you getting Mega Man for free with a NSO subscription because they're selling the collections.
Then give me Virtual Console. The N64 and GCN releases would come quicker that way.

I wanna play Chibi-Robo before they threw it in the toilet god dammit.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I just miss the virtual console tbh.
If the NSO version just had more consistent releases, it'd arguably be a better service. Depending on how much you like the Netflix style gaming service. Though as it stands the releases they have now, while still having pretty good games is comparatively lackluster.

But honestly, you'd think GB and GBC would be out too, not to mention N64.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Then give me Virtual Console. The N64 and GCN releases would come quicker that way.

I wanna play Chibi-Robo before they threw it in the toilet god dammit.
I'm absolutely not disagreeing with you, virtual console is my most wanted feature. Like, of course ****ing Nintendo takes one of their best ideas in the last 15 years and goes "nobody wants to buy games individually now, they want shovelware from 30 years forced down their throats."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom