• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Sakurai and co. seem to give publishers all the control they want in regards to Smash, considering the state of Sonic, Pac-Man, and Cloud.
Yeah. Sakurai would have accommodated. But Disney doesn’t know that. Even if you tell them they won’t believe it. Especially if the stories behind MvCI and KH3’s development is to be believed.

D

Deleted member

Isn't that like the whole point of smashboards tho lol
Not to me, it isn’t.

I’m only here for the social thread and on rare occasions popping out into the more speculative areas, but I almost never log-on and start typing because I want to speculate. It usually just comes up as a topic and I put my 2 cents into the bag.
Like this very convo, for example.

Last edited by a moderator:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I still don’t buy the DoomSlayer decon. The Sora thing? I buy, it’s Nintendo talking about a direct veto. Not another company saying “oh we just haven’t been asked” like all the other third parties who lied when asked PTE-reveal.
If doomguy was in they would be under a non disclosure thing and they wouldn't be allowed to say either way. And what other third parties have lied?

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Yeah. Sakurai would have accommodated. But Disney doesn’t know that. Even if you tell them they won’t believe it. Especially if the stories behind MvCI and KH3’s development is to be believed.
I don't know, it's still fishy. Disney is a smart company, I'm sure they can see a good opportunity when it's presented to them and Marvel vs Capcom's popularity isn't what it used to be. What's the story for KH3 though, what didn't they allow?

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Well that's two of my wishlist boys dead now, wonder who's next.
I wouldn't exactly think that Sora out of the running personally. Like Wario Bros. Wario Bros. said, not only is this all a questionable rumor that popped up from a Kinda Funny Games video of all things, but also we don't know the exact details of when that happened.

Best to take it with a grain of salt, as usual.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Are y’all talking about what Imran Khan said? He heard there were talks between Nintendo and Disney Japan regarding Sora, but he didn’t say they vetoed him in Smash, he just thought they could cause problems with getting Sora for Nintendo (which could be licensing troubles and not outright saying no). Despite what he said, he still thought he could get in, he was speculating.

I remember something about an SE higher up telling a fan “no” when they asked about Sora in Smash, however. I don’t remember when that was, though. I also forgot his name, but he’s involved with KH and was at one of the XBox events (2018’s?). He’s very high-up at SE, like one of the top dudes I think.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I don't know if I'm convinced, what does Disney gain from vetoing something like Smash? It's one of the best possible advertising possibilities in gaming.
If I were to bet greed.

They likely wanted too much and when Nintendo could t deliver they said no then. Disney is all about the money

D

Deleted member

I didn't get a whole lot of stuff done today, project wise, but I feel it's for the better I don't rush this.
1581131634816.png

Night, ya'll!

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If doomguy was in they would be under a non disclosure thing and they wouldn't be allowed to say either way. And what other third parties have lied?
The only one I know off hand is Grant Kirkhope. But I know other examples have come up when this has been discussed in the past.
SNK talked about how they didn’t have any smash reps in but if they were to add someone it be this random ass dog. This was while terry was being worked on as well. That’s the only other prominent one I remember

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I don't know, it's still fishy. Disney is a smart company, I'm sure they can see a good opportunity when it's presented to them and Marvel vs Capcom's popularity isn't what it used to be. What's the story for KH3 though, what didn't they allow?
Disney was super controlling this time of what was and wasn’t allowed in each worlds story, particularly the Frozen one where the level was completely different and Disney made them change it to be identical to the film last friggin minute so they couldn’t make new assets.

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Disney was super controlling this time of what was and wasn’t allowed in each worlds story, particularly the Frozen one where the level was completely different and Disney made them change it to be identical to the film last friggin minute so they couldn’t make new assets.
I actually understand that, Frozen is their big thing right now and they were probably afraid that whatever Nomura came up with would either sour people's view of the franchise or conflict with Frozen 2. It sucks for people hoping for a better world in the game, but in that situation it was probably a good business decision.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I still don’t buy the DoomSlayer decon. The Sora thing? I buy, it’s Nintendo talking about a direct veto. Not another company saying “oh we just haven’t been asked” like all the other third parties who lied when asked PTE-reveal.
Except it wasn't Nintendo talking. It was someone speculating, you'd know that if you actually listened to the podcast.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I've got to say as a :ultyounglink: player I am loving these buffs. I've been practicing Zair into DA and Usmash around 115%. It's nice to have a Zair that does something useful. FThrow killing and a frame 4 jab are also huge. Now before someone says something, I think there were about 40 odd characters who needed buffs more. But if Cloud and TL are getting buffed I won't say no.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I actually understand that, Frozen is their big thing right now and they were probably afraid that whatever Nomura came up with would either sour people's view of the franchise or conflict with Frozen 2. It sucks for people hoping for a better world in the game, but in that situation it was probably a good business decision.
We obviously don’t know exactly what Nomura has planned. But we can guess based on the content they made and a few weird quirks about the world. And I actually think the story they came up with would have been very in line with the film. Elsa just would have been the boss, which is a big no-no, assuming we’re guessing correctly.

But even if the descision was wise from a business perspective, they could have at least vetoed it way sooner so they could actually make new assets and scenarios.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Right now, I'm listening to some Pokemon ORAS music...

And it's making me feel really nostalgic about my first time with Omega Ruby... Such good times.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
We obviously don’t know exactly what Nomura has planned. But we can guess based on the content they made and a few weird quirks about the world. And I actually think the story they came up with would have been very in line with the film. Elsa just would have been the boss, which is a big no-no, assuming we’re guessing correctly.

But even if the descision was wise from a business perspective, they could have at least vetoed it way sooner so they could actually make new assets and scenarios.
Now that you've mentioned it, I do remember watching the Game Theory on it and yeah, the Frozen world is super wonky and obviously cobbled together last minute. (I picked up on that a bit while playing the game before the video)

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Regardless of what happens regarding whatever business deals that may or may not have happened regarding Sora in Smash Ultimate, at least Super Smash Flash 2 v.1.2 is now confirmed to be coming on Valentine’s Day, which includes brand new sprites and palette swaps for Sora plus a new second KH stage.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Either way, whether the Sora rumour is true or not, as much as I like Sora and Kingdom Hearts, I wouldn't be that choked up if he didn't make it into Smash.

I just don't think there's a way to properly represent Kingdom Hearts without Disney characters, but I also don't really think Disney characters belong in Smash.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Ugh, I'm gonna buy One's Justice 2 when it comes out...

I can't pass up double the first game's roster when I'm this big of a HeroAca nut...
I love mha too, but I barely touch the first one's justice. I hope someday we get a game like fighterz for it but it'll probably be a while. Are the newcomers atleast good?

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I love mha too, but I barely touch the first one's justice. I hope someday we get a game like fighterz for it but it'll probably be a while. Are the newcomers atleast good?
I mean, the game has my favorite characters, Momo Yaoyorozu and Mina Ashido, so yeah, I'm already happy.

I can also beat the **** out of the grape ******* child, so that's a plus.

They added all of the big three, Fatgum, Mr. Compress, Twice, Sir Nighteye, Camie got leaked, Overhaul's a good villain, and if they don't add Hawks, who's about to be super relevant, then they'll add him as DLC.

Personally I'd like them to add Ryukyu, but her quirk would be kinda busted so I know they won't.

Centipeder would be cool too

Also Mirko, please add her

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I'm so hyped for gaming over the coming months. Mystery Dungeon, Animal Crossing, and FF7 Remake all right next to each other is nuuuuuuuts.

Animal Crossing especially looks so pecking good, I cannot wait. FF7 Remake also looks like a masterpiece.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So I somehow managed to glitch the King Dice fight so that he wouldn't do his card attack despite the animation playing. I was still able to hit him, so the boss fight became a massive joke.

Not complaining though.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So I'm awake at 7am on a Saturday about to go to a creative writing talk for a few hours.
Author doing a lecture on visual learning and interesting ways they get their story inspiration and all that.

First time for me going and only myself so I'm pretty nervous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom