• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
There's a hundred and four days of smash speculation, til Sakurai comes along just to end it..

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Low money doesn’t directly Correlate to low quality. And I can think of.... a lot of reasons.... why this wouldn’t be doing very well.

Least of which is the fact that it’s in February which is second only to January as the worst month to put out a movie.

Yeah, I’ve heard nothing but good things about it. This really surprises me. I don’t want to jump to obvious conclusions but...... considering what happened with Black Panther and Captain Marvel..... it’s hard not too.
What conclusions?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
What conclusions?
That it’s being review bombed, that it’s underperforming because it’s staring a group of women, that it’s a dc movie and for some reason people don’t trust them after they’ve put out a string of quality. Like, it’s probably not any one of those things specifically, but they’re all probably on like, the list of 15 reasons why a good movie might not make money.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
That it’s being review bombed, that it’s underperforming because it’s staring a group of women, that it’s a dc movie and for some reason people don’t trust them after they’ve put out a string of quality. Like, it’s probably not any one of those things specifically, but they’re all probably on like, the list of 15 reasons why a good movie might not make money.
I can absolutely see people not wanting to see it based on previous DC movies, especially since it gives off the vibe of being a sequel to Suicide Squad, which I think is absolutely the worst of DC's movies, maybe tied with Justice League. (I still enjoyed both, but I'm easy to please when it comes to movies. I can still tell when a movie is technically bad though)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
There's a hundred and four days of smash speculation, til Sakurai comes along just to end it..
So the annual problem for our fandom is finding the best way to discuss it...

LIKE MAYBE

Starting a flame war, or getting in a argument,
About who should be nerfed or cut,

Posting a fake leak and calling it real,
Or calling someone else a butt!

Predicting that Goku's in, dissing 3rd parties,
Hating on Japanese games!

Worshiping Mr.Grinch, denying box theory,
Or driving the modmins insane!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So the annual problem for our fandom is finding the best way to discuss it...

LIKE MAYBE

Starting a flame war, or getting in a argument,
About who should be nerfed or cut,

Posting a fake leak and calling it real,
Or calling someone else a butt!

Predicting that Goku's in, dissing 3rd parties,
Hating on Japanese games!

Worshiping Mr.Grinch, denying box theory,
Or driving the modmins insane!
I'm going to call out someone's ass.

Why?

Because I have that power.

None of you can stop me from saying it.

So here you go.
h_ BEGONE.jpg

À̶͈͈͚̯͓̞̝̻̙̭À̶̢͚͎̲̩̬͔̺̙̼̜͓͎͑̅̆̿̇́̓̃̈́̆̀̐̕̕a̴̧̛̠̳͍̳̋̇̈́̉͗́͒̀̓̋̐͐̚͠á̵̹̝̦̯̱͇̾̔̅̉͋͌͗̈̄̐͝à̶̡̠͕̭̲̣͚̮̬̺͈͇̋̆̓ā̶͍͔̼̮̜͇̙̻̼̝Ã̷͍͎̝̤̺̞͎̹͓̊̉̉̾̿̆͝ͅS̴̰̲͑̂̉̉s̶̡͉͓͍̩̱̼̼̩̙̭̊̈̀͆̅͆̐͑͐̀͜͠s̷̡͕͔͖͔̼̪͉̠͕̭̻͑́̍̏̚͝ͅs̵̡̬͍̲͇̞͓̫̲̰͎̬͊̔s̵̢̞̮̯̥̜̻̞̩̗̼̒̔̌̿̉͜s̵̢̨̧̨̮͔̫̋̔̈́̈̉̌͛͊̂͂͛͐̉͜ͅs̵̡̢̛̰͕̣͕͚͚͉̳͎̤̓̐͐̎̉͐̀͛̚̚̕ͅS̸͉̦̲̱̹̤̬̞̟̱̮̬̤͖̈́̉́̈́͋̀͗̒̉̆̉ͅS̵̞̭͆̀̉͝S̴̜̙͚̹͓̺̙̰̮̖͈͚̓͑̈̒̐̚S̵̛͔̤̞̙̓͊̌̐̏́͛́S̶̨̻̥̬̿̐̈́͂̒͆͑̾́̎͘͝͝s̷̖̺̬̩̭̘̳̭̤̍͂̏̐̽͜͝ͅ

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I really need to continue to flesh out my various Yugioh archtypes;

I've had some small ideas for the Tri- one. Basically Zelda-based. The Ritual Spells are of course Power, Wisdom, and Courage, but making them work well and be balanced is the difficult part. Power is already going to have attack stats, but the rest I'm unsure of. Besides that, a bunch of field spells that the level 1 Monster(based upon Tingle) can search that can benefit specific ritual monsters.

The next one is K.I., based upon Killer Instinct(officially called Krazy Inputs), which focuses mainly on having a large field where you gain benefits based upon the number of monsters and such. It uses Link monsters with arrows based upon the directional pad. Besides that, the only clear card right now is Combo Breaker, but the idea is that it punishes the opposing player for the amount of special summoning they do, by inflicting 100 points of damage to them per special summon, and sends all their special summoned monsters to the GY. It's meant to be very very weak damage, but actually still have a strong effect. A work in progress, though.

The WAK/White Air Knight(both names are part of it, like Prophecy/Spellbook) which is comparable to Odd-Eyes, having tons of variance, though mostly spam-based. The real bosses of it tend to be Fusions. Still have Links, Synchro, Xyz, and Pendulum too. Fusion is the core "thing" it has. It even works with contact fusions, and various effects if you summon monsters with the most ridiculous summoning requirements(which admittedly isn't that bad thanks to built-in archtype support that allows for it to work easily).

Last one otherwise is the Of Quests archtype(Quest 64 stuff), and with tons of new monster types, trying to make it variable like HEROes is an ideal thing. There's many sub parts as is. Spell, Monster, Hero, Boss, Legendary Monster, Item, Location/Field(name not figured out for the field spells yet). It does have its own unique Links.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I can absolutely see people not wanting to see it based on previous DC movies, especially since it gives off the vibe of being a sequel to Suicide Squad, which I think is absolutely the worst of DC's movies, maybe tied with Justice League. (I still enjoyed both, but I'm easy to please when it comes to movies. I can still tell when a movie is technically bad though)
That still doesn’t change the fact that Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Shazam were all great and Birds of Prey has nothing in common with Squad’s production crew.

And you’d think after the Thor movies people would understand that greatness can come after tragedy.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
DCEU still has Wonder Woman 1984, Black Adam and Shazam! 2 which will no doubt do a lot better especially 1984.

The franchise will survive.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I know. It’s just really sad to see a good movie underperform because of stigma.
I know that feel. The same way I feel with Godzilla and the kaiju genre. Sure G14 and K:SI made over $500 million but can't match the success with something like the MCU that managed to make even C-listers like Guardians (Whom are my favorite Marvel films) and Black Panther big hits.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I know that feel. The same way I feel with Godzilla and the kaiju genre. Sure G14 and K:SI made over $500 million but can't match the success with something like the MCU that managed to make even C-listers like Guardians (Whom are my favorite Marvel films) and Black Panther big hits.
It’s gotten to the point where no matter where they stranded originally, if they get in an mcu film they move up to A-Lister. Just because of Disney Witchcraft and Branding.

Disney cheats.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It’s gotten to the point where no matter where they stranded originally, if they get in an mcu film they move up to A-Lister. Just because of Disney Witchcraft and Branding.

Disney cheats.
And why I at this point consider the MCU and Disney/Pixar films to be the McDonalds of cinema. All they keep doing at this point is reusing the same formula and vibe, main reason I got burned out by them both.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
And why I at this point consider the MCU and Disney/Pixar films to be the McDonalds of cinema. All they keep doing at this point is reusing the same formula and vibe, main reason I got burned out by them both.
At the same time, if I was given the option to eat nothing but McDonald’s for lunch every day, I probably would. Because it’s addicting.

A metaphor I think still applies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
At the same time, if I was given the option to eat nothing but McDonald’s for lunch every day, I probably would. Because it’s addicting.

A metaphor I think still applies.
Guardians 3 and Doctor Stranges 2 are the only ones I'm looking forward to. Any other MCU films I'll wait until rental.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
It ****ing snowed ****ing yesterday in Ala-****ing-bama in ****ing February

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Disney cheats.
It's almost like consistently making good films, having proper build up and actual marketing helps.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Guardians 3 and Doctor Stranges 2 are the only ones I'm looking forward to. Any other MCU films I'll wait until rental.
I am simultaneously burned out of the mcu with no desire to see the films, yet feel like I have some sort of outside obligation to keep up with the franchise. Like, I don’t WANT to see these movies, but I want to still be able to talk to people, ya know?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It's almost like consistently making good films, having proper build up and actual marketing helps.
You know Disney isn’t the only studio that does that right? Contrary to popular belief, most movies are not bad. And most studios spend so much money on marketing it’s hardly bearable. Like, I barely understand the point your trying to make.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
You know Disney isn’t the only studio that does that right? Contrary to popular belief, most movies are not bad. And most studios spend so much money on marketing it’s hardly bearable. Like, I barely understand the point your trying to make.
DC/WB haven't been consistent, they've only recently found their footing after MoS, BvS, Suicide Squad (Which BoP is a follow up to incidentally) and JL were all terrible to mediocre at best. They've been in panic mode. Why else would they already ditch Batfleck with yet another Batman reboot? There's really no confidence in the brand when it comes to films.
Birds of Prey's marketing has been awful and ticket sales went up really late.

The MCU has put out consistent quality films, they've followed a plan and haven't had to panic reboot one of their top characters and they've been marketed properly with tickets being available in a timely manner.

If you want to go outside of the comicbook film bubble then Disney have their fair share of flops too. Disney ain't as strong as you think. Dumbo flopped. Alice Through the Looking Glass flopped, Tomorrowland flopped, John Carter, Mars Needs Moms, The Lone Ranger. All flops.

So stop pushing this bull**** narrative around.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So... does anybody remember that time Disney released adaptions of Wrinkle in Time and The Nutcracker and they became instant hits and box office juggernauts?

me neither

Disney's no stranger to flops

for example, pretty much any of their live action stuff these days that isn't a remake of one of their animated properties or a Pirates sequel tend to tank hard

I bet y'al forgot we're supposed to be getting an Artemis Fowl movie from the mouse house this year

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So... does anybody remember that time Disney released adaptions of Wrinkle in Time and The Nutcracker and they became instant hits and box office juggernauts?

me neither

for example, pretty much any of their live action stuff these days that isn't a remake of one of the animated properties or a Pirates sequel tend to tank hard
Won't be the last one either:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
So... does anybody remember that time Disney relased an adaption of Wrinkle in Time and it became an instant hit and box office juggernaut?

me neither

Disney's no stranger to stinkers either
Wasn't interested in that movie much, have you ever seen it?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

me neither

for example, pretty much any of their live action stuff these days that isn't a remake of one of the animated properties or a Pirates sequel tend to tank hard
Don't forget Treasure Planets.

This film flop for many reasons, none of which were the film fault. (Harry Potter being close to it's release being one of them)

Annnnnd I made myself sad now.:sadsheep:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Don't forget Treasure Planets.

This film flop for many reasons, none of which were the film fault. (Harry Potter being close to it's release being one of them)

Annnnnd I made myself sad now.:sadsheep:
There's also Emperor's New Groove, which after getting a cult classic status would actually benefit from a remake treatment but nooooo we're getting ScarJo as a 6 year old from Hawai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom