• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I just found out I can pair my DualShock 4 with my phone. I can play the IOS Whitehead sonic games with a controller now.

I still want them on consoles (particularly switch) and I’ll still have to buy three and knuckles on my Xbox because legally they can’t be remade because of Micheal Jackson (the ****ers), but I’m slightly less antsy about the whole thing.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! Finished drawing up your girl Cassandra, used markers on her though I wish I had a lighter brown on me. I think she’s my favorite out of the three so far.
I need to start scanning these in.

Tagging your broseph @Taylor F too
This is incredible as always! It looks fantastic! I also like the addition of the feathers around the neck, I forgot to add eyebrows to her ref, so I'm going to do that today. May add those feathers in too and see how they look. Thanks so much for the art! This stuff really makes my day. I'm glad that you like her!

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
New avatar time.

I now demand that whenever someone notices I'm not viewing the thread that they now say "Hey, where's ZephyrZ ZephyrZ ?" for as long as I have this avatar.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You know what's really funny about how I'm animating everything for my project?

I am quite literally making a game from scratch(not a good game mind you but a game nonetheless) but instead of adding combat or anything interesting, it's just a bunch of cutscenes, one after the other.

So in other words, I'm doing my dream(making a video game) but actually no, but technically speaking I still am(just not the kinda game that anyone would want to "play")

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Can't believe ya'll get to have dreams with meaning.

One time Jasper from Steven Universe murdered me.
I once had a dream where I fought Luigi to unlock him in Melee. Started whooping my ass and then he looked at the screen saying “game over.” My eight year old self was confused what he was saying until I saw Bom-Ombs and sent my character flying. He gave out a really sinister laugh that woke me up

after that, I made sure every other character was unlocked before I got him and G&W

D

Deleted member

I take back everything I said about Battle Spirits having trash OP’s, jesus christ almost all of them are bangers

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
1) I dont believe that "sora was vetoed" thing because in the actual video that game from, he was spitballing, not confirming
and 2)
Idk what animal is worth of my love

D

Deleted member

Wademan94 Wademan94 Me when I finally get my **** together and write down whatever random plot idea comes to mind in a google doc
38vwuu (1).jpg

My personal favorite of the plots that "I would never do anyway but wrote down because this is a brainstorming session, not a disqualification contest"
Screenshot 2020-02-08 at 8.23.39 AM.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So fellow writers and project makers here.

I went to the writer's talk thing today. It as interesting expect for one thing. A loud ass student being a ****.

D

Deleted member

So fellow writers and project makers here.

I went to the writer's talk thing today. It as interesting expect for one thing. A loud ass student being a ****.
NGL, this project has been the first time I’ve really went all in with writing(not counting my fanfics from when I was 10)

I do also have another project idea I’ve wanted to do, but I’m holding off on that until I get something done and out for my first project(but starting the second one and finishing it will help my secret project.)
The only thing I’m willing to say is it’s 3d modeling based, but also 3d animation. I dunno how I’ll pull it off, but I’ll deal with that once we get there.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
This is incredible as always! It looks fantastic! I also like the addition of the feathers around the neck, I forgot to add eyebrows to her ref, so I'm going to do that today. May add those feathers in too and see how they look. Thanks so much for the art! This stuff really makes my day. I'm glad that you like her!
I’m glad you like it dude! I like how she turned out here. Can’t wait to see your updated version of her!

D

Deleted member

Progress no updateo Number ichi!

I have all of the areas complete: The cutscenes setup, now all I need to do is flesh-out the story(and dialogue) a bit so that it’s not just a back and forth between two to three characters.

Don’t think I’ll get it done by Sunday, but I think I’m gonna aim for sometime next week(school takes priority over my project atm)

Dutch Raikuna

NGL, this project has been the first time I’ve really went all in with writing(not counting my fanfics from when I was 10)
From learning and going to these talks, I found them very helpful.
If you are struggling a bit in your projects and school or college not really the best place, I would go to these roundtable talks in your city.
You could learn something new regarding or like me, it could help pick up something you missed if you do it.

Not saying it only to Mr Baku here but to all the people writing or doing personal projects, places like there can be helpful.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I’m glad you like it dude! I like how she turned out here. Can’t wait to see your updated version of her!
Here’s the updated version!
EF7DAE97-5F81-42EF-AB24-1A9C6AA3D969.png

And while I was at it, I went ahead and finished Oliver! Went ahead and made him look like a more traditional merman.
0D9CC564-3D47-4667-AE98-97362F849C1D.png

D

Deleted member

From learning and going to these talks, I found them very helpful.
If you are struggling a bit in your projects and school or college not really the best place, I would go to these roundtable talks in your city.
You could learn something new regarding or like me, it could help pick up something you missed if you do it.

Not saying it only to Mr Baku here but to all the people writing or doing personal projects, places like there can be helpful.
I mean, I’m not having problems with my project itself, it’s mainly just that when the going gets tough, I tend to give up pretty easily.

But to quote a person that I really resonate with:

792EDFCF-995E-4AE1-B10D-837BB410F0D8.jpeg

578A3EAF-7707-43AF-B31E-ACDD09202E2A.jpeg

D

Deleted member

If only I could figure out how to make faces work, this would be amazing to use
AA6E85F9-7DC0-401B-84C2-F6E754CBF247.jpeg

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Nice! I wonder if the clownfish form could be a later stage of the experiment?

Also I made a quick edit to my drawing seeing this (also with a bit better lighting now)
View attachment 261523
@Taylor F
Ooh! I love it even more now! I’m going to work on a few concepts for the main antagonist’s mask now, and see what sticks. I do want him to have a mask as to hide his identity and all.

D

Deleted member

Progress updato Number Ni!
FA380C5A-E11D-4DAC-9496-5172ABD1B9C1.jpeg

I have everything I need ready right now, All I’m gonna need to do is double check the script, make sure the transitions make sense, and then it’s off to recording.

This will probably take longer than I think, so I dunno when I’ll be done.

Also I figured out how to change charcter sprites mid-cutscene, so once I design some sprites of Obscure Card game over here I’ll be able to make use of that.
Also changed a few things in the script, mainly how certain events happen, logically speaking.

Once I get this thing done, I’m probably gonna relax for a bit, buy the full version once I get the chance, then start work on the next episode. Have higher priority things on my to-do list than this project.

Until then, sayonara :kirby:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master

Dutch Raikuna

So I've got my laptop, I've written enough story and coursework for a few days and outside of watching anime that I can't normally access on PS4 and browsing this forum, I've forgotten what else I use this for.

This is like a mid 2010's school grade laptop (**** basically). Don't know what games could run on it.

Last edited:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
My friend in Alaska wants to start a lets play channel of the two of us screaming at dumb roblox games. Should be pretty great lmao.

D

Deleted member

So I've got my laptop, I've written enough story and coursework for a few days and outside of watching anime that I can't normally access on PS4 and browsing this forum, I've forgotten what else I use this for.

This is like a mid 2010's school grade laptop (**** basically). Don't know what games could run on it.
Oh yeah, same here, my computer is a absolute potato.

It can barely run Vanilla Minecraft without my computer chugging to even get a single frame(and no that’s not an overstatment)

It can run games like Gmod just fine thou, dunno why.

I’m definitely gonna save up for an upgrade in the near future, but for my purposes, any old computer will do(Not much of a video gamer, I’m a card gamer!)

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Low money doesn’t directly Correlate to low quality. And I can think of.... a lot of reasons.... why this wouldn’t be doing very well.

Least of which is the fact that it’s in February which is second only to January as the worst month to put out a movie.
Well, I'm going to go see it tomorrow or Monday, I've heard good things.
Yeah, I’ve heard nothing but good things about it. This really surprises me. I don’t want to jump to obvious conclusions but...... considering what happened with Black Panther and Captain Marvel..... it’s hard not too.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Low money doesn’t directly Correlate to low quality. And I can think of.... a lot of reasons.... why this wouldn’t be doing very well.

Least of which is the fact that it’s in February which is second only to January as the worst month to put out a movie.
Tell that to Zootopia, Get Out, Black Panther, How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World and John Wick 2.

January's also had some hits like Blade Runner, Cloverfield, Bad Boys for Life, Rambo and three of the Underworld films.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Tell that to Zootopia, Get Out, Black Panther, How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World and John Wick 2.
Dude. It’s a generally recognized trend in the cinema industry. Remember I’m going to school for this stuff. And when thousands of movies get made over the course of a decade (the length of time you highlighted) of course there’s going to be a few exceptions. Doesn’t change the fact that it’s something Hollywood studios have noticed since cinema became a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom