• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
There's also Emperor's New Groove, which after getting a cult classic status would actually benefit from a remake treatment but nooooo we're getting ScarJo as a 6 year old from Hawai
ehhh, does it really need a remake?

I feel like there isn't much improve to the original. Sure, you could make something different, but does audiences & the fanbase really want to see that?

A rerelease would be easier to make & sold more imo. That, or if Disney REALLY want to go crazy (which I doubt), they could try to remake the serious film that Emperor's New Groove was supposed to be.

All to say is, if I was in Disney shoes, and I wanted something successful:

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Tis the week I'll be seeing my second film of this year in theaters.

Sonic the Hedgehog. From what I've seen so far I think it'll be a very fun movie especially now that Sonic's design is a lot better. :grin:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
actually with Fox now in the mix, Disney's been having even more flops on their resume

Dark Phoenix, Terminator Dark Fate, Ad Astra, etc.

And I highly doubt New Mutants is gonna light the box office on fire either

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
actually with Fox now in the mix, Disney's been having even more flops on their resume

Dark Phoenix, Terminator Dark Fate, Ad Astra, etc.

And I highly doubt New Mutants is gonna light the box office on fire either
Eh I wouldn't include stuff released before the acquisition. That ****'s entirely on Fox.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
ehhh, does it really need a remake?

I feel like there isn't much improve to the original. Sure, you could make something different, but does audiences & the fanbase really want to see that?

A rerelease would be easier to make & sold more imo. That, or if Disney REALLY want to go crazy (which I doubt), they could try to remake the serious film that Emperor's New Groove was supposed to be.

All to say is, if I was in Disney shoes, and I wanted something successful:
I agree but at the same time, it'd make more people aware of it, they forgot to market it and Emperor's New Groove is easily one of, if not the most underrated Disney movies put there
We already have Power Rangers
WE CAN HAVE MORE THOUGH DAMMIT

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I agree but at the same time, it'd make more people aware of it, they forgot to market it and Emperor's New Groove is easily one of, if not the most underrated Disney movies put there
Think the best way we can do to show how good this movie is is to spread the words & make memes out of it, which I'm seeing more & more as time pass on.

The original is a fantastic movie that deserve more recognition, but remaking isn't the way to go imo. I said it before, but rereleasing it in cinema (if that's possible) with maybe even the animated show being air again & have some decent marketing could do the job just fine.

Again tho, I can't see Disney putting the time & effort because of how 2D Animated Film haven't been their priority for some time now. With them remaking old one in live action or making 3D animated film, which is fine for the latter btw, but I don't think anyone here want to see Emperor New Groove remade in live action.

D

Deleted member

Oh hey doc, what did I miss? Been working on MTG decks(because I’m bored af right now)
I NOW HAVE 4 SLEEVED COMMANDER DECKS YEAH BOY(Approximately 400 cards total)
C32368ED-F9A3-4EBF-A0B4-3537AA75CE96.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Won't be the last one either:
o-o Holy crap, I remember the thing about the lead saying the tasteless stuff...but not all of this. Wow. me and my older sibling loved Disney's Mulan, and I am not fan of Disney's live action BS, so, it being a flop makes me feel pleased, somehow.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Mulan's gonna flop? I wasn't gonna see it anyway so meh. Disney should cool it with the live action honestly.

Brindor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2939-3197-6187
Princess Mulan doesn't deserve to have beautiful name linked to the trash by the fat cats in Disney and Communist China

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
There's also Emperor's New Groove, which after getting a cult classic status would actually benefit from a remake treatment but nooooo we're getting ScarJo as a 6 year old from Hawai
Uh... why is an adult playing a six year old

Why is a white person playing a character whose heritage is Polynesian

...is this **** confirmed?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Uh... why is an adult playing a six year old

Why is a white person playing a character whose heritage is Polynesian

...is this **** confirmed?
Nothing confirmed, just speculation with knowledge of live action remakes, hell, Disney couldn't even be arsed to get PoC for the background characters in Alladin and just used blackface

D

Deleted member

Quick little progress update.

I originally had a room that was a giant staircase and then a bunch of doors, but now I’ve changed it into a hallway with a bunch of doors. Made more sense to me than a staircase, then a platform with a bunch of doors on it
05FB09FE-8A33-464F-9405-00EBC07C6E4D.jpeg

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
DC/WB haven't been consistent, they've only recently found their footing after MoS, BvS, Suicide Squad (Which BoP is a follow up to incidentally) and JL were all terrible to mediocre at best. They've been in panic mode. Why else would they already ditch Batfleck with yet another Batman reboot? There's really no confidence in the brand when it comes to films.
Birds of Prey's marketing has been awful and ticket sales went up really late.

The MCU has put out consistent quality films, they've followed a plan and haven't had to panic reboot one of their top characters and they've been marketed properly with tickets being available in a timely manner.

If you want to go outside of the comicbook film bubble then Disney have their fair share of flops too. Disney ain't as strong as you think. Dumbo flopped. Alice Through the Looking Glass flopped, Tomorrowland flopped, John Carter, Mars Needs Moms, The Lone Ranger. All flops.

So stop pushing this bull**** narrative around.
Wow. I really hurt your feelings.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
So I tried to look up some details on the Lilo & Stitch live-action movie and came across this scary interpration of Stitch that came from an old fake hoax:

He looks like a blue Stripe from Gremlins...​

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
My dad went To work at the local comic store, and I came with him. They had the biggest dog I have ever seen in my life.
B49E93B2-09EC-4C72-AA05-19FF881693EF.jpeg

I know it doesn’t look like he is very big, but believe me, he is.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
My dad went To work at the local comic store, and I came with him. They had the biggest dog I have ever seen in my life.
View attachment 261549
I know it doesn’t look like he is very big, but believe me, he is.
Not the biggest boi I’ve seen but a good boi nonetheless.

Also I see Harley Quinn to the side there.

D

Deleted member

I got nothing to say atm, so I’m hopping off for a bit.

See ya’ll later

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You said something silly and Schnee called you out on it.

I don't really think that necessarily means they were furious while doing so, though.
Ok. I understand the points that she made. But you can't argue that Disney doesn't have any sort of undeserved baked in advantage in the industry just because of their branding. Because it's just true. I've lost count of the ammount of times when I've heard someone talk about a movie that was perfectly fine, in some instances really good, only to hear it said about it "Disney Equivelent is Better". And as someone who does not like a majority of Disney products and does not have nostalgia for the brand, it can be frustrating hearing people scream about the quality in something that you just don't see or understand.

And forgive me for thinking someone who said "stop pushing this bull**** narraive" was at least a little upset.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Tried drawing some creepy art.
8401DD75-789E-4626-ADDF-133BED369BE1.png

Rizen

Smash Legend
You know what's dumb about English? Lots of things but in this case, "four" and "fourteen" have "U"s but "forty" doesn't. Well back to work...

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I’ve seen way creepier stuff, honestly.

I can see why other people would think it’s creepy thou
I mean, I’m not trying to make something super terrifying anyway. That wasn’t really my intention. Horror isn’t exactly my strong suit anyway. Just wanted to try something a bit different.

D

Deleted member

I made this without being based on current speculation and just to show picks I would like in future Smash titles.

image0-3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom