• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Actually, How to Train Your Dragon Trilogy is still on my need to watch list.

I know they're fantastic though. They're actually the reason I wish Nintendo would've gotten Universal to use them over Illumination but eh, it is what it is I guess.
Okay watch em once, they’re incredible.

Then never again :)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Alright, so, don't hate me, but after watching Joker again... I gotta say I think it's overrated.

It's good. It is. But like everytime I watch it I have another problem pop up and, don't get me wrong, I do this with EVERY movie and it usually has to do with technical stuff like choreography or stunts or CGI or just stuff being fortunate, this movie I kind of have been finding problems with the ENTIRE supporting cast. Every one of them are useless. Like, it's astounding.
Why would anyone hard you for having an honest opinion? If anything there needs to be more people like you who isn't afraid to share out their honest opinion on popular movies.

Different opinions is what makes the world a much more unique place.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Okay watch em once, they’re incredible.

Then never again :)
Imma watch it 3 times and tell you EVERY. SINGLE. PROBLEM. THEY HAVE.

You're welcome.

Even though it'll probably come out to just pet peeves.
Why would anyone hard you for having an honest opinion? If anything there needs to be more people like you who isn't afraid to share out their honest opinion on popular movies.
Eh, it was more of a joke but I know when Joker first came out it was praised as the best Comic Book movie ever. I disagree, of course, I think that probably belongs to Logan.

But yeah, I'm not afraid to give my honest opinions but I don't want to subtract from someone else's enjoyment of a movie by pointing out major flaws. It can sometimes ruin others immersion which, again, can be annoying. Big reason I don't read reviews before watching a movie.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I guarantee you, I would bet you actually money, that one of these guys is gonna win.
May I recommend some movies if you haven't seen them?

Heisei Gamera Trilogy
Hellboy 1 & 2 (Don't watch the 2019 movie. Its awful)
Guardians of the Galaxy 1 & 2
Kong: Skull Island
Missing Link (2019)
Shazam!

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Alright, so, don't hate me, but after watching Joker again... I gotta say I think it's overrated.

It's good. It is. But like everytime I watch it I have another problem pop up and, don't get me wrong, I do this with EVERY movie and it usually has to do with technical stuff like choreography or stunts or CGI or just stuff being fortunate, this movie I kind of have been finding problems with the ENTIRE supporting cast. Every one of them are useless. Like, it's astounding.
Every one of them is useless despite his mother being someone that screws with his mind and is integral to the climax?
Or Robert deNiro's character being inconsiderate and contributing to the mess?
Or the counselor setting up a dichonomy between well-grounded guide vs. total psycho?

All these characters are secondaries but are key in the film to get into the mind of Phoenix's Joker.

Get out of here with your trashy blanket statements about how "EVERY" character is useless that's not the main. Get real.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
What I love about Joker the most is

Given the ending where Arthur told all the events to the psychiatrist saying "You wouldn't get it". It lets the viewer decide whether or not everything he told her were all in his head that he made up or not as "One big joke".

Retains the Joker character we all know but in spirit! :grin:

There's also the theory that the ending is actually years after Arthur was defeated by Batman.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
This thread keeps changing names to something else every time I pop in, not that I'm complaining.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Hope things get better for you both Hat and Derping.
I doubt I'll ever feel at peace with myself, but I appreciate the encouragement anyway.
I'm trying but it's really freaking hard.
I feel like just letting out all my anger willy nilly and tearing things up (metaphorically).

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I doubt I'll ever feel at peace with myself, but I appreciate the encouragement anyway.
I'm trying but it's really freaking hard.
I feel like just letting out all my anger willy nilly and tearing things up (metaphorically).
Anything I can do to help you feel better?

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
Hey guys, remember Super Mario Bros Z? It's coming back from hiatus
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom