• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I can imagine this being a scene in a new Kirby t.v show after Right Back at Ya: (This new t.v show would take place in the Modern Kirby games.)
View attachment 260651
Zero himself seen here would not trust Kirby and his friends at first, but becomes more nicer and positive thus with him becoming a friend of Kirby.
First thing I thought of when I saw this + the responses
AB991F1E-2C3B-447B-95F4-3351C09C5261.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Oh, your problem is dancing?

Hey, I want to believe that you aren't forced to dance.

There were a lot of dancing at my high school graduation ceremony and none of them were obligatory.
Oof..still don't have anyone to go with though.

D

Deleted member

Oof..still don't have anyone to go with though.
It's not a big deal, tbh.

Even if you can't go with your friends, the people over there may still be cool with your presence.

Maybe you get as lucky as I back then and someone invites you to a drink.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I can imagine this being a scene in a new Kirby t.v show after Right Back at Ya: (This new t.v show would take place in the Modern Kirby games.)
View attachment 260651
Zero himself seen here would not trust Kirby and his friends at first, but becomes more nicer and positive thus with him becoming a friend of Kirby.
I expect to see fans put villains like Marx, the reformed Magolor, and maybe even Drawcia into situations like this.

But not Zero, of all beings.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I got a fun little game. Make a 26 character fighting game roster, but they all have to correspond to each leter of the alphabet. Since this isn't tied to Smash, you can pick characters outside of video games as well, given that they aren't real (a character an actor plays is ok, the actor themself isn't).

Have at it.

And... this is getting First Paged! How delightful.
Note that I'm going to edit some characters in. Cause that's a lot to do immediately. That or I'll reply later. ._.;

D

Deleted member

I got a fun little game. Make a 26 character fighting game roster, but they all have to correspond to each leter of the alphabet. Since this isn't tied to Smash, you can pick characters outside of video games as well, given that they aren't real (a character an actor plays is ok, the actor themself isn't).

Have at it.

Hmmmmm, that’s a toughie

A) Ajani(MTG)
B) Blaster Dark(Vanguard)
C)Chronojet Dragon G
D)Dimension Police, Great Daiyusha(Vanguard)
E)Elemental Hero Neos(Yugioh)
F)Fox(Star Fox)
G)Genesis Dragon, Harmonics Neo Messiah(Vanguard)
H)
I)
J)
K)
L)
M)
N)
O)
P)
Q)
R)Roselina and Luma
S)Star-Vadar, Chaos Breaker Crisis(Vanguard)
T)
U)
V)
W)Winning Champ, Victor(Vanguard)
X)
Y)Yamigedo(Buddyfight)
Z)

That’s all of the ones I can think of off the top of my head lol

Shroob

Sup?
What characters in Kirby are even dead dead anyway?

It's strange that Marx and Magolor somehow survived their tenure as final bosses.

D

Deleted member

Exact same reasons I didn’t go. And I still regret it. It’s the big send off of your high school career. Do not squander it.
Being the person I am, I just won’t go to Prom(I mean, our school doesn’t have one anyway, but that’s because the budget for the school goes elsewhere and our home high schools, the schools we would have gone too had we not been accepted here, provide the rest)

A few years ago, I woulda said no just on the basis of being super shy IRL. But now? That’s not an issue anymore, I’m just not a fan of going into a building, dancing/socializing for a few hours(hours that I could use for more useful tasks, such as working on my various skills) then leaving.

Just not my thing, IMO

D

Deleted member

All this talk about high school and college parties made me remember a funny event from my high school graduation dinner.

I was at this desk eating with my friend Benjamín, some of his class partners, my technology teacher and my two favourite teachers of my high school year (who one of them made the effort of coming from another island just to see our graduation in person).
The restaurant we went to had a lot of food... And at some point the waitress gave us two good plates of potatoes with a traditional hot sauce of my island.

What happened next is that I pulled a Goku and ate almost both of the whole plates while the rest of the desk was eating the other stuff they served. When they found out the amount of potatoes I ate the faces they had were hilarious and I made some Dragon Ball and One Piece jokes with Ben's classmates about It.

I basically skipped the second plate and waited for the dessert, lol.

Shroob

Sup?
Oh we talking prom?

I didnt go.

I didn't know anyone at my school and had better things to do than sit in a gym for 2-3 hours doing nothing.

D

Deleted member

Oh we talking prom?

I didnt go.

I didn't know anyone at my school and had better things to do than sit in a gym for 2-3 hours doing nothing.
Oh, in my high school we celebrated our graduation outside the center.

I don't know how to call the place in English, but it was an open place near the beach.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I've never been to a school dance at all actually. The people I went to regular school in 9th/10th with were awful so I went to online school and now I don't know anybody. So it's a big oof either way.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero

Have at it.

That looks fun!
A-Alduin (Skyrim)

B-BoJack Horseman (BoJack Horseman)

C-Christine (Christine, the killer car.)

D-Dr. Eggman (Sonic)

E-Ed, Edd n Eddy (Ed, Edd n Eddy)

F-Freddy Krueger (Nightmare on Elm Street)

G-Godzilla (Godzilla)

H-???

I-Indominus Rex (Jurassic World)

J-Jay (Ninjago)

K-Kirby (Kirby)

L-Lincoln Loud (The Loud House)

M-Mickey Mouse (Mickey Mouse)

N-Ninja Turtles (TMNT, Ralph, Leo, Mikey and Donnie as separate fighters.)

O-Octodad (Octodad: Dadiest Catch)

P-Perry (Phineas and Ferb)

Q-???

R-Rathalos (Monster Hunter)

S-Scooby Doo (Scooby-Doo!)

T-Thanos (Avengers)

U-???

V-???

W-Waluigi (Mario)

X-Mr. X (Resident Evil)

Y-Yoshi (Mario)

Z-???
Tried my best, and I think it's good.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I’ve figured out how to make transitions between areas by making entire new areas, but now I’m having problems because I need to use animations in part of the cutscene and I can’t seem to be able to use any from ones that work just fine in the original world. :drflip:

Going to bed in a bit anyway, so gonna call it a night here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Just killed Ridley's Classic Mode, holy ****. Was at 9.9 before even reaching Master Hand & Crazy Hand. I feel vindicated for wanting Ridley in Smash.

Oh, and prom wasn't that bad for me. I had friends I got to hang out with during it while our coupled friends were out doing their thing. Suppose I was lucky enough to have a pretty moderately-sized group of friends.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
My girlfriend at the time really wanted to go to prom so I went with her to mine and hers a year later. Not REALLY my thing but I forced myself to have fun. Especially when I started goofing off because I knew I'd probably never see these ****ers ever again lol.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Reply later it is;

• A: Artoria(Fate)
  • B: Brian(Quest 64)
  • C: Cloud Strife
  • D: Darkwing Duck
  • E: Eggman
  • F: Fulgore
  • G: Gordon Freeman
  • H: Heavy(Team Fortress 2)
  • I: Ike(gotta have something Fire Emblem)
  • J: Jill Valentine
  • K: King K. Rool
  • L: Link
  • M: Mario
  • N: Nightmare(Soul Calibur)
  • O: Optimal Optimus(Beast Wars)
  • P: Pac-Man
  • Q: Q-Bert
  • R: Rabbid
  • S: Scorpion
  • T: ToyAgumon
  • U: Ursula(My Little Mermaid. ...I ran out of name ideas)
  • V: Villager
  • W: Wario
  • X: XYZ Dragon Cannon
  • Y: Yoshi
  • Z: Zoro(One Piece)
Got difficult at some points. Had to rack my brain for a few characters. I do want to bring some Sonic beyond Eggman(or instead of him), but like, all the Mortal Kombats characters that are perfect start with an S. And Mario already took the M spot, making Marth and Metal Sonic impossible. It's for the most part covered with some cool options. Only ones that I more or less threw in were Heavy and Ratchet cause I couldn't think of better options. Plus, they're cool characters anyway. Ursula was another case of racking my brain, so I might change that out if something better is thought of.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
so our first ama for next week will be

and our second

if both are available expect their amas to drop next Wednesday and Saturday respectively

real talk, only a couple names left, if there's any opportunity to sign up, now's a pretty good one

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Here's mine:

• A: Artorias (Dark Souls)
  • B: Bowser
  • C: Crash
  • D: Doomguy/DK
  • E: Eggman
  • F: Fox
  • G: Gordon Freeman
  • H: Heihachi
  • I: Ike
  • J: Jill Valentine/Jak
  • K: Kirby
  • L: Link
  • M: Mario
  • N: Ness/Noctis/Nemesis
  • O: Olcadan (Soul Calibur)
  • P: Pikachu
  • Q: Q-Bert
  • R: Ratchet
  • S: Spyro/Silver the Hedgehog/Samus (hard time deciding)
  • T: Tails
  • U: Ulala
  • V: Villager
  • W: Wario
  • X: X (Mega Man)
  • Y: Yoshi
  • Z: Zitz (Battletoads)

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
God its so damn annoying how everyone is acting like the coronavirus is the apocalypse and new black plague.

Fearmongering as usual. Remember when everyone panicked over the swine flu? Ahhh good times.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm surprised the OG Paper Mario community has such an active modding community.

If this mod wasn't INSANELY HARD, I'd legit try out Master Quest.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm surprised the OG Paper Mario community has such an active modding community.

If this mod wasn't INSANELY HARD, I'd legit try out Master Quest.
Huh. It helps that the original game was reasonably balanced where the final boss actually could be a decent challenge.

You can't cheese it. Besides, some bosses were harder than Bowser in comparison anyway.

Kind of neat they did that. My guess is TTYD would require you to remove a lot of Badge options in order to make it way more difficult, due to Danger Mario stuff. Just adding stats to enemies alone is a lot easier in comparison.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Huh. It helps that the original game was reasonably balanced where the final boss actually could be a decent challenge.

You can't cheese it. Besides, some bosses were harder than Bowser in comparison anyway.

Kind of neat they did that. My guess is TTYD would require you to remove a lot of Badge options in order to make it way more difficult, due to Danger Mario stuff. Just adding stats to enemies alone is a lot easier in comparison.
Yeah. Nerf or remove some badges and then give Bonetail and Shadow Queen twice the health.

Shroob

Sup?

The Master Quest adds... a lot.

Rebalanced level ups so you get 5 hp, bp and fp per choice
Items that were cut in development(Hustle Drink)
Brand new badges
Superbosses
A whole new area to Star Hill
A Pit of 100 Trials
And a whole slew of changes to make every enemy and boss inherently harder, including brand new enemies like Anti-Guy versions of all the Shy Guy variants in the Toy Box

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The Master Quest adds... a lot.

Rebalanced level ups so you get 5 hp, bp and fp per choice
Items that were cut in development(Hustle Drink)
Brand new badges
Superbosses
A whole new area to Star Hill
A Pit of 100 Trials
And a whole slew of changes to make every enemy and boss inherently harder, including brand new enemies like Anti-Guy versions of all the Shy Guy variants in the Toy Box
Interesting. Is your max stats the same or can they be a bit higher?

It's good to see cool improvements like that.

Damnit, I want to see some better hacks of Quest now. Only one was worked on, which was a Mother 64 remake, and it got dropped. I'm not counting small Gameshark changes that made a few bosses actually more than simply a damage sponge boss either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom