• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I think Byletth will be fire emblem’s Ganondorf. Playing a little different then their own game, hits hard, is slow but with the reversal techniques and their kit could pull off some sweet combos in the right hands.

Going to be interesting to see how people play them going forth

SHOTO MAINS WHERE YOU AT WE PROSPERING TONIGHT
Yo Ryu and Ken can special cancel down smash now (DOWN SMASH?!), that's pretty wild. Idk why they buffed the power of Ryu tatsumaki (idk to what extent, haven't tested it yet), i mean it was already a really good kill move, so... down-smash canceled into killer tatsu is going to be a thing now i guess lol. Also, kind of crazy but you can down smash all day every day and retreat with a tatsu whenever you want lol (as long as you hit your opponent or their shield with the down smash).

I haven't tested anything yet but the leg invincibility on the tatsu and shieldstun buff on Ryu's Hadoken could be game changer also.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Yo Ryu and Ken can special cancel down smash now (DOWN SMASH?!), that's pretty wild. Idk why they buffed the power of Ryu tatsumaki (idk to what extent, haven't tested it yet), i mean it was already a really good kill move, so... down-smash canceled into killer tatsu is going to be a thing now i guess lol. Also, kind of crazy but you can down smash all day every day and retreat with a tatsu whenever you want lol (as long as you hit your opponent or their shield with the down smash).

I haven't tested anything yet but the leg invincibility on the tatsu and shieldstun buff on Ryu's Hadoken could be game changer also.
You can also cancel the charge, allowing for some fakeouts.

D

Deleted member

Phew, I just got done finishing the finale of Arrow and it's so wild. I've been with this show for five years now and it's been such a crazy experience that I wouldn't change for the world from the heights of Seasons 1 and 2 to the lows of Season 4 to the Renaissance of Season 5 and the greatness of Season 8 I'm glad I got to experience it all.

It's weird though as I've never been with something for this long and for it to end it's just really surreal. I never really thought it was going to end and while it obviously wasn't short (it's been five years for goodness sakes) it feels like just yesterday I binged this show on Netflix and then started watching it live. That said I'm thankful i got to experience it as not only was the show, for all its ups and downs, a great show but it spun-off my favorite show period.

Though that's enough talk here's my thoughts about the finale itself:

For all intents and purposes it wasn't a "Grand Finale" as Oliver died during Crisis so there's no real reason to continue and put a finale on the main characters story it was more so tying up the shows loose ends and lingering plot-threads like Roy and Thea, Diggle's closure and of course the fallout of Crisis and Oliver's death for examples. It set out to do what it wanted to do and it did the job well. I do want to bring up and discuss a few things though and that's

1) Crisis bringing characters back: I'm kind of conflicted on this being a thing on one hand I don't really like it as it sort of feels like a cop-out from all those stakes in previous seasons but on the other hand it makes perfect sense how and why it happened as Crisis already made an entire new universe so hypothetically of course this sort of scenario could play out and I am so SO happy to see my boy Quentin alive. I do somewhat feel like it's a cop out but enough time has passed from those deaths happening and now plus it making sense in universe so it doesn't ruin my enjoyment and even then I'm glad to see Quentin again.

2) Diggle becoming the Green Lantern: Obviously this was going to happen at some point right? It was going to happen at some point in time and I'm glad it's happening even if I feel it should've happened sooner it's really exciting seeing this kind of thing happening and him possibly appearing on the new Superman show with him moving to Metropolis is really great. I really like this and I really hope they do it justice. Hell yeah.

That said there are a few missed opportunities with Slade not making any major appearance as he's a big part of Oliver's backstory and eventual transformation into the Green Arrow so him not showing up is a shame cause Slade has always been a favorite of mine and I always like seeing him. Same with Ray for that matter but that's a whole 'nother can of worms so to speak.

Overall it's a great finale I'm glad I could've experienced just like the show as a whole.

In the end Arrow is likely one of the most influential pieces of Media for me as it stuck with me more than any other show or thing I've ever experienced I usually move on from one thing to another in a relatively short span of time but Arrow is the first thing to keep me invested in it for a long long time and I would never ever change that for anything. It may not be my favorite piece of Media overall but hell if it isn't one of the most influential and amazing experiences I've ever witnessed and one that I'll continue to cherish for a long time.

tl;dr Arrow is a very influential show for me and I stan it completely despite it's flaws.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Looking forward to that animated Mortal Kombat movie. Glad WB is going this sort of stuff beyond DC.

Glad I got the Spirit things for DXM and Tetris. Still got a handful of alt fighters and some summons to grab, but I'll get those PNGs done one day.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
GOD dude I am BUMMED OUT, man. I was looking forward to this character but I have 0 drive to play this character. Every single character that was bew in Ultimate wii put a decent amount into. Even PLANT! MY LEAST FAVORITE CHARACTER. But I... just DON'T want to play as Byleth. I don't like em.

This also coming from a Snake main with Ike, K. Rool, and Ganondorf funsies. I LOVE heavy hitters with weight but Byleth is just not fun to play and I can't put my finger on why. It's frustrating.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Wait, the Sothis spirit fight is hard?

Metal Face+Hyper Smash Attack on Ganondorf 2-shots it.
I used Terry and had the Mega Man .EXE and Geese assist to get more constant FS. Though I used Buster Wolf to Finish it anyways.

And you do realize you can put platforming in an open world game right?
I think the Spider-Man games like SM2 and Ultimate have really good platforming mechanics. Though obviously it's based more on weaving between buildings, wall running/wall jumping, double jumping and web-zipping(basically Spider-Man's Air Dash).

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Terry's still my favorite of the DLC by a landslide. I've always been more of a Tekken guy, but of the few SNK games I've played here and there, I've always liked Terry. He was one of those characters who seemed unlikely but ended up happening. Buster Wolf is also the sickest **** to put into a game.

Banjo-Kazooie I like despite the simplicity. Hero's goofy fun with his myriad of menus, though I just was to get Magic Burst all the time and do DBZ moves. Joker's fast, so he ain't bad. Byleth's alright. Sluggish but simple. A little less fun than Banjo due to said sluggishness. Wish the Claude costume gave him tan skin.

I will say I have zero intention of maining any character who's Up-B is a tether. I don't like 'em.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Bruh... why is Byleth so slow...

Seriously just... just eat some speed carrots dude, this is embarassing. Better start praying to Sakurai for some buffs soon.
IMG_20200126_103503.jpg

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Toon Link buffs, Olimar got his shield back and ROB is untouched

breddy gud

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Bruh... why is Byleth so slow...

Seriously just... just eat some speed carrots dude, this is embarassing. Better start praying to Sakurai for some buffs soon.
View attachment 260143
Holding 4 weapons at the same time ain't good for speeeeeeeds. Too bad it didn't count on the weight side.

On the buff side, I'm totally expecting the next patch not coming before a loooong time (if the next character get reveal at E3 that is), soooo....

Also, Marth & Corrin are still crying in the corner.

You can also cancel the charge, allowing for some fakeouts.
I finally got some time to test it out among other things and ackchyually you can't cancel the charge, unless i'm doing something wrong.

Since you need the down smash to hit in order to special cancel the animation, you can't do it before releasing the charge.

D

Deleted member

hazardless garreg mach is stuck in the cathedral because rhea did nothing wrong

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
YOOOOOOOOOOO! Just tested what I seen, and Samus/Dark Samus up & down Smash kill Pit/Dark Pit at around 101% (middle of stage for Up Smash & at edge with the second hit for Down Smash).

This is some ****ing GOOD buff! Down Smash especially benefit alot, since the angle for the second hit was always good, but not that great for KO due to it's lack of power. Now, if you have a bad recovery and get hit by this, you better pick a god & pray, because it will send you right to the shadow realm.

That, and Dash attack clean hit & Up Throw kill earlier too.
samus thumb up.jpg

This is a really nice patch for Samus mains, I dig it.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I finally got some time to test it out among other things and ackchyually you can't cancel the charge, unless i'm doing something wrong.

Since you need the down smash to hit in order to special cancel the animation, you can't do it before releasing the charge.
You can cancel the move without hitting it, you just can't cancel it while charging like I heard. (tho you have to do the input REALLY FAST before you release down Smash)

Still pretty, if bizarre, good buff for Ken & Ryu.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Good Afternoon people. I've been playing as Byleth more. Yep, he/she is a shield killer.

How is the forum today now that it's out?

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Byleth is fun, but like, does anyone else feel like they're a character designed for Brawl or Melee? Like, Hero, Joker, and Terry you can very much tell are designed with Sakurai's new moveset mindset but, I dunno Byleth feels archaic like Banjo. Probably even more so than Banjo.

They're still fun though, I was just expecting a little more uniqueness to them I guess.
I kinda get what you're saying, but I don't think it's a bad thing. Having a less mechanically complex character to serve as a palette cleanser after Terry is nice, similar to how Banjo was a good palette cleanser after Joker and Hero. Plus, I think Sakurai's general philosophy of trying to make a character play like how their source material plays, seeing how the large emphasis on using the right weapon at the right time is evocative of the weapon triangle in Fire Emblem. It's just a little more subtle than someone like Hero or Ryu, who took mechanics straight from their game into Smash.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Inklings didn't get touched in this patch. Which is fine by me, they feel perfect where they're at right now.

Cloud might actually be decent again now so that's cool.

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
Byleth mains are like students they try, fail and improve to the point they become teachers themselves and can easily evaluate the flaws in other characters.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Byleth mains are like students they try, fail and improve to the point they become teachers themselves and can easily evaluate the flaws in other characters.
That's like with every character lol

Albeit, Byleth is a teacher themselves in 3 Houses apparently (haven't played that game, just going off what I heard) so I'll allow it. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom