• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
If these were the final fighters. What would you guys think?

76: Crash Bandicoot - Late January/February reveal/Summer release
77: Master Chief - E3 reveal/Fall release
78: Rex - Fall reveal/January release
79: Lloyd Irving - January/February reveal/Summer release
80: Travis Touchdown - E3 reveal/Fall release
81: Rillaboom - Fall reveal/December release

Based on my current prediction.
I said this in the other thread, but it has Lloyd in it, so sign me up! And everyone else is a good or great pick in my eyes, 'specially Crash, Rex and Chief.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm late, but I just want to say this is really nice stuff! Since I tend to struggle a bit with anatomy myself, this is especially cool to see! Keep it up!
As someone who once made this:
old z.png

Think it's fair to say I improved quit a bit since then....well, that, and having Clip Studio Paint & a Tablet Graphic help alot too, but ehhhh, you can't buy talent for yourself as they say.

On a more positif note, in regard of my art I mean, I still like this one alot, even if it's quit rough too.
Sulesse-and-Hector-Normal-Day.png

Not a Kuzco reference btw

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That's because Sakurai wants Rex, relevancy means nothing, and if Byleth can get in so can Rex.
Forgive me if I don’t see it happening. Like.... XBC2 is kind of old now. It hasn’t gotten a lot of continuous support, beck we’re moving on to a remake of the first. And sure, he liked Rex enough to make him a costume and give him a spirit, but he had the opportunity to make him a fighter and went with Byleth instead. I just don’t think Rex will happen.

Now, does this argument sound familiar to anyone? Come on. Show of hands.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Forgive me if I don’t see it happening. Like.... XBC2 is kind of old now. It hasn’t gotten a lot of continuous support, beck we’re moving on to a remake of the first. And sure, he liked Rex enough to make him a costume and give him a spirit, but he had the opportunity to make him a fighter and went with Byleth instead. I just don’t think Rex will happen.
There is no "instead"

They aren't slots designed to fulfill a goal, stop thinking like that

Besides if relevancy mattered we wouldn't have K. Rool and Banjo

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
There is no "instead"

They aren't slots designed to fulfill a goal, stop thinking like that

Besides if relevancy mattered we wouldn't have K. Rool and Banjo
I was trying to illustrate a point. Read it again. Carefully. Especially that second to last sentence. And tell me if it seems a little familiar.

Because I can tell you, how you responded is very familiar to me.

Last edited:

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
Starscream in Bayformers was a robot snack in disguise

View attachment 259218
Man, this takes me back to a Christmas around a 10 years ago. I was a fresh Transformers fan, and it was all thanks to G1. Naturally, I wanted Transformers for Christmas. I specifically asked on my Christmas list: "Only the original characters! NOT the movie versions!" Especially for Starscream, as I hated his nacho bird-freak Bay design a TON. I did end up getting Bayformers toys anyway, but I just accepted them and enjoyed them for what they were.

As someone who once made this:
Think it's fair to say I improved quit a bit since then....well, that, and having Clip Studio Paint & a Tablet Graphic help alot too, but ehhhh, you can't buy talent for yourself as they say.

On a more positif note, in regard of my art I mean, I still like this one alot, even if it's quit rough too.
View attachment 259229
Not a Kuzco reference btw
I'd say your art has definitely improved! Having a drawing tablet is probably really helpful as well. I find that it's easier to fix mistakes digitally than on paper, where you have to worry about eraser smudge and what not. Also I like your old comic! Those are some pretty cool character designs!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Man, this takes me back to a Christmas around a 10 years ago. I was a fresh Transformers fan, and it was all thanks to G1. Naturally, I wanted Transformers for Christmas. I specifically asked on my Christmas list: "Only the original characters! NOT the movie versions!" Especially for Starscream, as I hated his nacho bird-freak Bay design a TON. I did end up getting Bayformers toys anyway, but I just accepted them and enjoyed them for what they were.

I'd say your art has definitely improved! Having a drawing tablet is probably really helpful as well. I find that it's easier to fix mistakes digitally than on paper, where you have to worry about eraser smudge and what not. Also I like your old comic! Those are some pretty cool character designs!
Bro, having the power of Ctrl+Z & being able to erase line without worrying of leaving smudge as you said make me feel like a superhero or somethin'.

It's soooooooooooooooo good.

And hey, glad you like my little comic & the characters in them, can't reveal too much on them, but I shall draw them again.....one day.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I was trying to illustrate a point. Read it again. Carefully. Especially that second to last sentence. And tell me if it seems a little familiar.

Because I can tell you, how you responded is very familiar to me.
Costumes don't deconfirm characters Snake, oh, we have a K. Rool outfit guess he's not getting in.

Rex is a different case. We know Sakurai wanted him in the first place. The game isn't all about promotion. A second Xenoblade character not from the most recent game isn't that far out of the realm of possibility.

There is one rule: Characters and their franchises must be video games originally. That's it. There are no others.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Costumes don't deconfirm characters Snake, oh, we have a K. Rool outfit guess he's not getting in.

Rex is a different case. We know Sakurai wanted him in the first place. The game isn't all about promotion. A second Xenoblade character not from the most recent game isn't that far out of the realm of possibility.

There is one rule: Characters and their franchises must be video games originally. That's it. There are no others.
Maybe someone should tell that to everyone who’s currently hating on Geno using the exact same arguments.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I don't know why you're harping on me about Geno, I'm completely indifferent to his inclusion, and I expect him to be in
I’m not harping on YOU. I should have made that clear. I wanted to put it in context for anyone who happened to read it and make them think about how they approach characters and their inclusion.

No joke. One of the things that finally got me to chill about a Byleth was realizing the kinds of things I was using to trash her also all could apply to Geno. I felt like a hypocrite so I clammed up.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I’m not harping on YOU. I should have made that clear. I wanted to put it in context for anyone who happened to read it and make them think about how they approach characters and their inclusion.

No joke. One of the things that finally got me to chill about a Byleth was realizing the kinds of things I was using to trash her also all could apply to Geno. I felt like a hypocrite so I clammed up.
I kinda got the impression you were getting pissy with me so yeah. Please try to be a bit more clear next time.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
guys. I finally got a job interview
Oh man. One time I got a job interview for an AT&T authorized store, and upon meeting the regional manager for the first time, the first thing he said to me was, "Do you not own a tie?"

That was the most uncomfortable, waste-of-everyone's-time interview I've ever had. Yours is bound to be better.

Good luck.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
one of the few good things I'll say about her wardrobe

like what on earth are those tights, man?
They are "hello, I am the female version of the male character" tights.

Without them and a boob window, how else would we know she's female? Game design 101, my dude.

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
one of the very few good things I'll say about her wardrobe

like what on earth are those tights, man?
At least we got the Sothis skin to remove them! Also, I think that female Byleth in general looks way better in Smash compared to 3H.

Alpharad mentioned why in his video about them, but basically her eye proportions are changed quite significantly in Smash, as they were made smaller and farther apart. When I saw her in the Smash trailer I was like "wait, why do I like her now?" Now I know the reason.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
At least we got the Sothis skin to remove them! Also, I think that female Byleth in general looks way better in Smash compared to 3H.

Alpharad mentioned why in his video about them, but basically her eye proportions are changed quite significantly in Smash, as they were made smaller and farther apart. When I saw her in the Smash trailer I was like "wait, why do I like her now?" Now I know the reason.
Yeah. I noticed that too. I’ve not played 3H but I watched Arlo review is and ????????????? ????????????? ’s Byleth moveset video. And I remembered thinking that neither design in the trailer looked quite the way I remembered it.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

one hand, I agree with you,

but on the other, I'll miss that fish face
1579717381633.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Good for you for self-reflecting. NGL, after the events of yesterday, I have been reflecting as well. Really not up to digging that topic up again, at least not right now.

Actually, on the topic of Byleth, wasn't @GothFluttershy one of the people on the hate train? Haven't seen them in awhile, and don't feel like going back a bunch of pages to check.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Good for you for self-reflecting. NGL, after the events of yesterday, I have been reflecting as well. Really not up to digging that topic up again, at least not right now.

Actually, on the topic of Byleth, wasn't @GothFluttershy one of the people on the hate train? Haven't seen them in awhile, and don't feel like going back a bunch of pages to check.
I haven’t seen them in months I don’t think

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I actually prefer Male Byleth's design, tbh.

Too bad that it's rare as hell to find decent art of him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom