• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
This could get buried but hey.

Well my fellow members, I'll be done talking for the day. Today I'll probably know my fate regarding a few things with my college. For some unknown reason I'm feeling a bit optimistic today for a rarity. It could be the feeling I need

Enjoy your day guys.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just blew 15k out of 20k gems in Masters but I finally got Leaf, Hilda, and Hilbert. Also got boosts for Blue, Caitlin, and Elesa so I can't complain too much.

Hopefully Leaf lives up to her potential. Not loosing stat increases, having multiple ways to increase stats, move gauge boosts, can heal, and transferring boosts upon switching out is fantastic if you want team synergy in single player or co-op; granted if you're after damage or a Mega Evolution boost from a Sync attack you'd be out of luck. I like that Eevee also continues to use it's anime voice.

I kind of wish I had Hilda back before I finished grinding the Fire Training event. She's not fantastic, but is definitely the better of the two Fire type 5-Stars.

Grinding the Solgaleo event definitely paid off as I was able to unlock Lvl 120 immediately for both of them and Lvl 100 for Hilbert. Time to start grinding the new Ice event to give Pryce another boost.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This could get buried but hey.

Well my fellow members, I'll be done talking for the day. Today I'll probably know my fate regarding a few things with my college. For some unknown reason I'm feeling a bit optimistic today for a rarity. It could be the feeling I need

Enjoy your day guys.
Hope all goes well with your college results!

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
To finish all this off. All of you should watch A Place Further Than The Universe. This song from the anime is what is kinda keeping me together for today.

To quote from a YouTube comment that's from the anime.
"I was just thinking... this is pretty fun!"
"Fun?"
"Yeah. It's like... motion!"
"I feel like my youth is in motion!"

I may be in my 20s but I think that's what getting me through this for today. Be back to the forums after.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Alright, finally making a fan discord because I think we have enough fans to justify it.

Guess I'm hitting the "big time".

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
You know, thinking about the new stage that comes with Byleth, I'm sad that so few stages are legal. Like is there really no way to make some more of them work? No special rules or alternate modes? Nothing crazy like the Pokemon, Game and Watch, Wario or Ness levels. Like the sideways Captain Falcon level and Bridge of Eldin are some of my favourites.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
You know, thinking about the new stage that comes with Byleth, I'm sad that so few stages are legal. Like is there really no way to make some more of them work? No special rules or alternate modes? Nothing crazy like the Pokemon, Game and Watch, Wario or Ness levels. Like the sideways Captain Falcon level and Bridge of Eldin are some of my favourites.
Even if all stages had a mode where they're legal (and not just Omega/Battlefield forms), there would still be several banned either due to z axis bull****, distracting backgrounds, or music that would get copyright claims if streamed

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Honestly there's a number of stages that would probably work in competitive play, a lot of competitive players and TOs are just incredibly picky for some bizarre reason.

Unfortunately I don't think either of those levels you listed would work really well though. The Bridge of Edlin for instance has problems where players can camp at the side of the stage and end stocks ridiculously early with ease. But other stages like hazards off Halberd, Castle Siege and Lylat Cruise can all be pretty fair stages that are still banned from most tournaments because of so called "jank".

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
No, the point of legal stages is to use stages that most accurately convey player skill without the stage interfering to the extent that specific gimmicks or randomness decide the victor using the standard 3-stock, timer ruleset. Besides, there does not exist a ruleset that will make many of these numerous illegal stages competitive to begin with. Big Blue has the road that kills characters with no hope of recovering and Bridge of Eldin is a walk-off meaning it will inevitably lead to cheesy camping and early percent kills.

In Ultimate, there's a far better variety than there was in past games, so even if you could justify some controversial stages aren't inherently "unfair" there's no reason to pick those stages simply because better more acceptable ones exist.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly there's a number of stages that would probably work in competitive play, a lot of competitive players and TOs are just incredibly picky for some bizarre reason.

Unfortunately I don't think either of those levels you listed would work really well though. The Bridge of Edlin for instance has problems where players can camp at the side of the stage and end stocks ridiculously early with ease. But other stages like hazards off Halberd, Castle Siege and Lylat Cruise can all be pretty fair stages that are still banned from most tournaments because of so called "jank".
As someone's whose been subject to Lylat jank in multiple games it can stay banned lol

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
As someone's whose been subject to Lylat jank in multiple games it can stay banned lol
While Lylat has been a problem (or still is idk) I can't help but chuckle when I remember Tweek losing to ESAM because Tweek tried to grab that ****ing rat and people tried to put the blame on Lylat instead of Tweek who wouldn't have even gotten a kill if he landed the grab and still had a few wonderwings left

MainJPW

M.T.A
True. Call Sonic Team I guess.

Also, I thought people only hated the emerald hunting in SA2 where they borked the radar. I thought people liked its SA1 design.
I've seen people say Emerald Hunting would be fine if it were located at the end of a stage like a Egg Capsule or Goal Ring, and I agree with that. Emerald Hunting is just a generic game of hot and cold in all honesty. Knuckles should just have Sonic stages but with the added alternate routes, punching, gliding and climbing; you don't really need all these roulette styles since the 2D games did just fine without them.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I'm not a Sonic fan

So this is hottest of hot takes

But the best thing to come out of Knuckles' stages in SA2 is Pumpkin Hill Zone's music.

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025

No, the point of legal stages is to use stages that most accurately convey player skill without the stage interfering to the extent that specific gimmicks or randomness decide the victor using the standard 3-stock, timer ruleset. Besides, there does not exist a ruleset that will make many of these numerous illegal stages competitive to begin with. Big Blue has the road that kills characters with no hope of recovering and Bridge of Eldin is a walk-off meaning it will inevitably lead to cheesy camping and early percent kills.

In Ultimate, there's a far better variety than there was in past games, so even if you could justify some controversial stages aren't inherently "unfair" there's no reason to pick those stages simply because better more acceptable ones exist.
Don't get me wrong, I fully understand why those stages are banned. I thought of them because they don't have a lot of sudden chances or randomness but still some cool differences that are predictable and from what I know have fair blast zones.
I can probably better explain how I could see Bridge of Eldin altered. You could try to somehow nullify that camping, like having borders that you can't exit unless you get launched out, taking damage near there or having decreased launch distance depending on positioning. Not saying those would work but hypothetically if there was a good solution then that would make for an interesting stage pick that would buff some low to mid tiers, such as ones with poor or predictable recovery.
This is all just hypothetical out of the box thinking of course. I'm not saying it will work, just that it's an interesting thought.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm not a Sonic fan

But the best thing to come out of Knuckles' stages in SA2 is Pumpkin Hill Zone's music.
RIP Larry, a ghost got him.
Sad Ridley.jpg

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I'm not a Sonic fan

The best thing to come out of SA2's Knuckles stages was just the music in general. They're all great.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Got a new profile picture here as you can see. (It's two Kirbies as cherries hugging or either kissing.)

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Was ready to start playing the ReMind dlc for KHIII since it was preloaded and just became ready to use only to be hit with an update meant to take me 10 hours.
:/

D

Deleted member

MTG ruling text is funny sometimes :p
952ABD8F-0485-4E82-AC64-C1A00F558FE2.png

This particular ruling is for the card Underworld Charger

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Was ready to start playing the ReMind dlc for KHIII since it was preloaded and just became ready to use only to be hit with an update meant to take me 10 hours.
:/
TBH while I want to play RE:Mind, I'm so incredibly busy with other games and life in general that I just don't have time for it right now. Probably won't get to it until spring or summer at the earliest.

Which probably means I'll get spoiled, but boh well. :drshrug:

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I'm not a Sonic fan

I can agree to that.

Speaking of SA2, having a remake of that game would be fantastic. I would certainly buy it.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I can agree to that.

Speaking of SA2, having a remake of that game would be fantastic. I would certainly buy it.
Sonic’s 30th anniversary is coming up and a group of other cuddly mascots have proven just how financially successful you can be by remaking your early 3D games with bug fixes and quality of life updates. I think we could be in for a treat soon.

If the next gen brings us Sonic Adventure and Banjo-Kazooie remake collections... well, I would be super excited for the rest of this year.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wait it’s back again?

Sweet, probably going to vote Chrom, Dimitri, and I don’t know who else.

-I can’t vote gatekeeper

View attachment 259130

Also how do you feel about the sort of Virion Alt and his new weapon? I promoted a normal one the other day but still need to figure a build out
As for the new "Virion," I couldn't care less about TMS so it basically doesn't amount to anything for me. As for the refine though? That I love.

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
I want more good 3D Sonic games. I never got invested into the series because I didn't wanna play Colors and Generations and then just be disappointed with the rest. I hear Forces is pretty good for gameplay but uuuuh the story. And I wanna play Sonic games for Sonic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom