• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Lol, my tablet auto corrected spring to "sorter" in my previous post.

I gotta stop posting on mobile. That, or I need to proofread way more. :p
Just do what I do and turn damn auto-correct off! unless your phone is like a windows phone or something, you should be able to turn it off fairly easily.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I want more good 3D Sonic games. I never got invested into the series because I didn't wanna play Colors and Generations and then just be disappointed with the rest. I hear Forces is pretty good for gameplay but uuuuh the story. And I wanna play Sonic games for Sonic.
Unleashed is a perfectly fine experience. The Werehog levels can be kind of long, but they’re also the easiest way to get medals without having to try to explore in boost formula sonic.

Sonic Forces’s story isn’t bad it’s just basically non-existent. Like there’s very little plot beyond reasons to go from stage to stage, despite the way the marketing presented it. Which isn’t that different from colors or generations. And Lost World is...... okay. It’s very different gameplay wise and collecting the red rings is bs. But you can have a good time if you just go stage to stage and only collect the red rings that are easily obtainable/in plain sight.

Basically, for most of Sonic’s 3D games, your only gonna be disappointed if every game you play has to be a masterpiece. If you can enjoy a game that’s just okay, and have a good time with it like I can, then you’ll be fine.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
YEEEEEESSS I'M COMPLETELY OFF WORK ON THE 28TH!

GUESS WHO'S GONNA BE PLAYING BYLETH DAY ONE?!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Currently with a huge cold.

I couldn't sleep last night since Iiterally had problems to breath.

I hope the cold passes out as soon as possible

Niiiiiiiice.

Are we gonna be doing an arena here on the 28th? If so, I'd be down to play Byleth dittos with this thread.
I'd be down too.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Sony is bringing first party titles to PC now?

Dang. Never thought I'd see the day. Nintendo's gonna be the only holdout that forever keeps their stuff on their own platforms now.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Sony is bringing first party titles to PC now?

Dang. Never thought I'd see the day. Nintendo's gonna be the only holdout that forever keeps their stuff on their own platforms now.
Damn it.

One step closer to the death of the console and needing to buy thousand dollar PCs just to play.

Lesson in life kids, business will always try to force you to pay for the most expensive option possible, by any means necessary.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Looking forward to tomorrow as that's when Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD releases.

I enjoyed watching my brother and friend playing it back in the original Xbox era but now it'll be my turn to play it.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
A real life Yoshi in its natural habitat
Now patched with proper sound effects:

I really want a 3D Sonic game on switch that’s not Forces.

Can we get a switch port of Generations?
I remember thinking of an exclusive version of Generations for the Wii U similar to what the 3DS did with the same story but new stages and bosses.
  • Green Hill
  • Aquatic Ruin
  • Flying Battery
  • Great Eggman Robo (S&K)
  • Windy Valley
  • Metal Harbor
  • Grand Metropolis
  • Metal Madness (Heroes)
  • Sand Oasis
  • Cool Edge
  • Starlight Carnival
  • Nega Wisp Armor (Colors)
And there’d be a second phase to each boss you fight as Super Sonic once you collect all the emeralds.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Unleashed is a perfectly fine experience. The Werehog levels can be kind of long, but they’re also the easiest way to get medals without having to try to explore in boost formula sonic.

Sonic Forces’s story isn’t bad it’s just basically non-existent. Like there’s very little plot beyond reasons to go from stage to stage, despite the way the marketing presented it. Which isn’t that different from colors or generations. And Lost World is...... okay. It’s very different gameplay wise and collecting the red rings is bs. But you can have a good time if you just go stage to stage and only collect the red rings that are easily obtainable/in plain sight.

Basically, for most of Sonic’s 3D games, your only gonna be disappointed if every game you play has to be a masterpiece. If you can enjoy a game that’s just okay, and have a good time with it like I can, then you’ll be fine.
Sonic Force's biggest offense was how the plot treated Tails and shoving Classic Sonic down people's throats when people were starting to get sick of Sonic nostalgia pandering.

I kinda miss the 2000's era of sonic, people let 06 define that decade and it overshadowed all the good games that came out from that decade.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

I remember thinking of an exclusive version of Generations for the Wii U similar to what the 3DS did with the same story but new stages and bosses.
  • Green Hill
  • Aquatic Ruin
  • Flying Battery
  • Windy Valley
  • Metal Harbor
  • Grand Metropolis
  • Metal Madness (Heroes)
  • Sand Oasis
  • Cool Edge
  • Starlight Carnival
And there’d be a second phase to each boss you fight as Super Sonic once you collect all the emeralds.
This probably won't happen, but seeing my favorite stage in Riders (Sand Ruins) being transformed into a standard platforming Sonic stage would be a dream.

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
It didn't cross my mind but I really wouldn't e opposed to playing that either. I don't mind a few slower paced levels. And I finished Legacy of Kain: Defiance which used a much crappier version of DMC combat and I didn't mind.
What I'm iffy on is how the story doiesn't make much sense from what I hear. I mean Colors doesn't have much story but it's so simple that they couldn't screw it up. And I'd really rather play with Sonic than the gadget kid.
Usually I want a perfect package. Immerse myself in a world while having fun. But I can also make compromises.
Damn it.

One step closer to the death of the console and needing to buy thousand dollar PCs just to play.

Lesson in life kids, business will always try to force you to pay for the most expensive option possible, by any means necessary.
Actually PCs are pretty cheap in the long run. The main factor is how much you want out of it. You can probably get something for like 200€ and it'll run Terraria and Minecraft. PC also allows you to customize your graphics options so you can make the game ugly and fast or gorgeous and sluggish. My PC tower was 1000€ when I bough it probably around 5 years ago. It was top of the line then but now has trouble with some new triple A games with higher graphics options. Also as opposed to consoles, you only need to replace the parts that are broken or dated. Sometimes that's multiple but at least at first you'll only reach one part that is a bottleneck. So factoring that with console generations changing kinda frequently and now only needing to pay for the one PC for it's own exclusive library, Xbox library and Sony library, you get a lot of for surprisingly little money. You can also use pretty much any controller with a PC.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

• Green Hill
  • Aquatic Ruin
  • Flying Battery
  • Windy Valley
  • Metal Harbor
  • Grand Metropolis
  • Metal Madness (Heroes)
  • Sand Oasis
  • Cool Edge
  • Starlight Carnival
I really wish the 3DS version had gone all out with the handheld levels. Do Sonic 1 & 2 master system along with chaos and Tripple trouble for classic era, the advanced trilogy for the... advanced era, and the two rush games for modern.

But at this point. I want a full on Generations 2. Bigger and better, including the new “Post-Modern” era (Lost World, Mania, and Forces) with TWO stages from each game. And boss fights from each title featured. Treat it like an expansion or something.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Just gimme SA2 so I can have a portable Chao Garden.
Hey. If Sonic’s rumors and cryptic social media posts are anything to go by, we might not be far away from that.

Gotta say, while I’m excited at the idea of finally playing the adventure games, but with many of the bugs fixed, the animation and voice acting improved, and the terrible Dreamcast HD art style removed, I will still miss the boost.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
How much content is there in the DLC? Probably not gonna get to it for another month or two but I'd like to know if it turned out to be really in-depth.
right now someone just did Re:mind and after you do re:mind, Limit Cut is unlocked and I think that is a continuation of the story I think. Streamer Im watching is fighting Data bosses rn and thats as much as ive seen

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If these were the final fighters. What would you guys think?

76: Crash Bandicoot - Late January/February reveal/Summer release
77: Master Chief - E3 reveal/Fall release
78: Rex - Fall reveal/January release
79: Lloyd Irving - January/February reveal/Summer release
80: Travis Touchdown - E3 reveal/Fall release
81: Rillaboom - Fall reveal/December release

Based on my current prediction.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Oh well. Master Chief gets priority, then.

Prefer Doomguy but that's ok. Cpuld still be a ruse as well but eh

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

I would think "none of those are Jill".

D

Deleted member

I wouldn't be surprised, just disappointed. but that's what I've felt like this entire cycle anyway because my most-wanteds will probably never be considered anyway.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I’d think “why is there no Geno”.

It feels like nobody’s predicting him because it’s “cool” to not want him or to think he’s unlikely or something.

Also people are really clinging to Rex.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

Pretty rad NGL.

Travis is a big blegh for me, though.

Last edited:

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
alright, before I go to bed, figure I post this.

Keep in mind it's supposed to be a feminine figure, so tell me if I'm doing a OK job or not. Tryin' not go fanservice proportions, just a girl with average-above average proportions.

@AndreaAC ,@Noipoi ,@JDCabrera ,@Guh-Huzzah! ,@Taylor F ,@Dyllybirdy ,@KarneraMythos , Tako Tuesday Tako Tuesday , Wademan94 Wademan94

Thanks for any help you can provide, and on that said, have a good night ya all.
I'm late, but I just want to say this is really nice stuff! Since I tend to struggle a bit with anatomy myself, this is especially cool to see! Keep it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom