• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
How would you do a roster for a dedicated Fire Emblem Fighting game? How do you have a balance of having all the fan favorite characters and actually having a wide variety of gameplay styles?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Why did Fire Emblem go handheld? It started as a console series, skipped the N64 to go on to the GameBoy Advanced, made a GameCube and Wii game, before retreating to the DS line. And now they’re only on home consoles again because it’s Nintendo’s only console.

What about the series made them stick to handhelds after the Super Famicom?

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I actually prefer Male Byleth's design, tbh.

Too bad that it's rare as hell to find decent art of him.
same, I love the male design way more but Pixiv has a good amount of good Male byleth art.

The female version is all r-18 as usual because when you are a girl, thats the only thing that matters to people.
How would you do a roster for a dedicated Fire Emblem Fighting game? How do you have a balance of having all the fan favorite characters and actually having a wide variety of gameplay styles?
you could base their play style around their Personalities. Like P4A, Kanji is the tough guy and a 'punk'. He beats people up with a folding chair and his hits look like they hurt like hell. Yosuke is a fast guy and man, when he fights, hes ALL over the screen

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Personally, I would try and ensure that many elements from the source material are integrated - including the traditional weapons triangle or swords, spears and axes - as well as magic users too. To be truthful, I can see it being kinda like SoulCalibur, albeit with more magic and stuff (ie Corrin literally being a dragon, etc.) However, I'd ideally want it to be a 3d fighter too (also like SoulCalibur, but im thinking more a playstyle along the lines of Pokken) but focusing on strategy and such, with characters all having things like counterattacks and other means by which you can outsmart the enemy, rather than straight up outfight them. As for a roster, shoe in all of the Smash clan (because they've all developed sizable communities over time - yes, even byleth) and also some other main/side/villain characters - im thinking Lyn, Edelgard, Black Knight, Lief, Tharja and many others beside. I'll admit im not a Fire Emblem expert or anything, but that's my personal suggestion.

(edit) Some more ideas I came up with are possibly having a second character as a 'reserve' character, kinda like in Eyes of Heaven and how characters perform attacks in tandem (or even in Robin's final smash.)
Also, Tiki is a literal dragon too
I nearly forgot that characters also use bows and stuff so they should be in too
For a roster maybe check out Fire Emblem Heroes

(another edit im so sorry)
So also have the secondary weapons triangle for magic, hidden weapons and bows because then its closer to the source material.
The healthbar ought to be as it was in earlier games - referenced in a few final smashes.
Playstyle kinda based on personalities as suggested by ProfessorPumpkaboo - but also draws from source material wherever possible.
It should be ensured that characters are balanced based on weapons used - so there's a roughly equal proportion of each. This should be the case for both weapon triangles.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
same, I love the male design way more but Pixiv has a good amount of good Male byleth art.

The female version is all r-18 as usual because when you are a girl, thats the only thing that matters to people.

you could base their play style around their Personalities. Like P4A, Kanji is the tough guy and a 'punk'. He beats people up with a folding chair and his hits look like they hurt like hell. Yosuke is a fast guy and man, when he fights, hes ALL over the screen
Who do you pick then?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Personally, I would try and ensure that many elements from the source material are integrated - including the traditional weapons triangle or swords, spears and axes - as well as magic users too. To be truthful, I can see it being kinda like SoulCalibur, albeit with more magic and stuff (ie Corrin literally being a dragon, etc.) However, I'd ideally want it to be a 3d fighter too (also like SoulCalibur, but im thinking more a playstyle along the lines of Pokken) but focusing on strategy and such, with characters all having things like counterattacks and other means by which you can outsmart the enemy, rather than straight up outfight them. As for a roster, shoe in all of the Smash clan (because they've all developed sizable communities) and also some other main/side/villain characters - im thinking Lyn, Edelgard, Black Knight, Lief and others beside. I'll admit im not a Fire Emblem expert or anything, but that's my personal suggestion.
Noted.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
That's our secret, Snake.

They're all fan favorites.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Guys, am I alone in liking Byleth's giant eyes?
It would definitely be more diverse than Fire Emblem Warriors, the roster in that game is easily the weakest part.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
So, I picked up Chrom for a little bit while waiting for Byleth.

Chrom is fun.

I don't know why I haven't been playing Chrom.

Guys, am I alone in liking Byleth's giant eyes?
It would definitely be more diverse than Fire Emblem Warriors, the roster in that game is easily the weakest part.
Nah, I like her eyes too and still think the female design looks pretty good despite me having a slight preference for male Byleth.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Any advice on the specifics? Which games to emphasize? Which characters are popular and which characters would bring unique gameplay?
I would say start with having at least 1 character from each game, Warriors' biggest issue was that it really only had characters from 3 games (the original, Awakening, and Fates), with Lyn and Celica as secret bonus characters.

D

Deleted member

It seems there was a cool easter egg hidden in the box of my Soundwave figure all this time

20200122_201533.jpg

20200122_201606.jpg

Seems to be based on this:

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
This is genuine garbage and I am immensly disappointed, especially as digital games not only have no reason to be as expensive as there's no packaging costs or cut for stores, Nintendo likes to make digital copies more expensive for some reason

D

Deleted member

This is genuine garbage and I am immensly disappointed, especially as digital games not only have no reason to be as expensive as there's no packaging costs or cut for stores, Nintendo likes to make digital copies more expensive for some reason
Damn, I wish Nintendo lost the case ngl.

Cheaper digital games should be a thing on the eShop

Iirc, Sony already does lower the price of some games at the PS Store after some time.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Damn, I wish Nintendo lost the case ngl.

Cheaper digital games should be a thing on the eShop

Iirc, Sony already does lower the price of some games at the PS Store after some time.
Ehhh, that's something else entirely, as this would only be for pre orders. That being said in 6 months of owning a PS3 I came to the conclusion Nintendo is ass with sales on the eshop, it's ACTUALLY ridiculous, I got almost every MGS game for less than 20 euros for it and the DMC trilogy for I believe 3 euros on it

D

Deleted member

Personally this doesn't affect me at all(never buy games online, just dumb IMO when I can literally bike to Walmart or something and buy it IRL) but ya, really scummy moves here.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I would say start with having at least 1 character from each game, Warriors' biggest issue was that it really only had characters from 3 games (the original, Awakening, and Fates), with Lyn and Celica as secret bonus characters.
I think I already know the answer, but I shouldn’t count the remakes separately from the originals when going down the list for this, right?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
perusing my old posts and found this old thing. Figured I’d bring it up again because I’m pretty sure most of the members actively on the thread are different from when I first posted it.
You know something that I’ve been low-key obsessed with making? A PS1 PS-All-Stars Game. Usually the 32bit 3D design turns me away but something about using it in this context, trying to what-if a PS1 counterpart of Smash 64, really interests me. It’s the only time I’ve actually been interested in working within limits because I would want it to be a game that could theoretically run on the PS1. I even have a smaller roster picked out
Spoiler
  1. Crash Bandicoot
  2. Spyro the Dragon
  3. Spike (Ape Escape)
  4. Sir Daniel Fortesque (MediEvil)
  5. Parappa the Rapper
  6. Toro Inoue (Doku Demo Issyo)
  7. Dart Feld (The Legend of Dragon)
  8. Heihachi Mishima (Tekken)
  9. Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)
  10. Alucard (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night)
Unlockable Characters
  1. Sweet Tooth (Twisted Metal)
  2. Sofia de la Rente (WipeOut)
  3. Solid Snake (Metal Gear Solid)
  4. Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)
  5. Abe (Oddworld: Abe’s Odyssey
  6. Maya Amamo (Persona 2: Eternal Punishment)
The game would have a version of the combat system that i’ve been working on that I call “improved all-stars”. Basically the original game with health bars, and only one super move. I even have some stage ideas

Spoiler: Stages
  1. N. Sanity Beach (Crash Bandicoot)
  2. Glimmer (Spyro)
  3. Time Station (Ape Escape)
  4. The Graveyard (MediEvil)
  5. Chop Chop Dojo (Parappa the Rapper)
  6. Final Memory (Doku Demo Issyo)
  7. Marshlands (The Legend of Dragoon)
  8. Pagoda Temple (Tekken)
  9. Tomb of Qualopec (Tomb Raider)
  10. Clock Tower (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night)
Unlockable Stages
  1. Rooftop Combat (Twisted Metal)
  2. Gare d’Europa (Wipeout)
  3. Shadow Moses Island (Metal Gear Solid)
  4. Planets Core (Final Fantasy VII)
  5. Rupture Farms (Oddworld: Abe’s Odyssey)
  6. Xibalba (Persona 2: Eternal Punishment)

I don’t know. What do you guys think? Could be an interesting project to take on.

I’ll get back to character designing after breakfast.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Pringus McDingus is auditioning for one of his new animations, and one of the audition lines is literally
1579727245067.png

Hoo boy, I'm really about to record this in a British accent, aren't I?

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Yeah, half the time I don't want to be bunched in with the "you have good tastes; fem '____' is hot" people so I just don't go female.

But then again I like to have female characters due to barely having the ability to play as them growing up.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I hate the Steam Market restriction bull ****.

I had to reset my password and disable and re-enable the Mobile Authenticator and now, I can't use the market for 15 days.

****ing stupid ass ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom