• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Would there be any way for this to happen without the possession excuse?
Luigi witnesses a pitiful, cowardly creature/person getting assaulted by some baddies and it reminds him of how he's felt throughout the years, and in seeing this person he can reflect on and relate to, it gives him the courage and power to fight without fear or inhibition unlike his past self.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I dunno about clone, It has just enough apart from Pokemon to consider itself more so an inspiration, for example Undertale being inspired by Earthbound.

And no, the two being “Catch and raise monsters to battle for you” isn’t enough to call it a clone IMO.
I'm only calling it a clone because it hasn't shown anything yet that's really original other than it's own creations.

Edit: or that I've seen, to be fair. I only just recently jumped on the Temtem train. Even if it were a thorough clone, that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Ah.

For me, Oracles design is best. It'd be the first heavyset woman, which would be a really cool design. Plus, she has tons of potential even in that form. She has tons of muscle as is.

Regardless, I wonder if Impa lacking a consistent design is what's keeping her out. Even though we had updates for Zelda characters, they kept the same general proportions. Which is why we got TP, a bit of SS, BOTW instead. Even Toon Link was a newcomer proper only using Young Link as a base. Toon Ganondorf is very different from regular Ganondorf too, though I admit TP Ganondorf still has some differences. I mean, besides his scowl.
What about the good girls and boys though? I feel like Oracle Impa might have a similar issue to Mai haha

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
What about the good girls and boys though? I feel like Oracle Impa might have a similar issue to Mai haha
bestimpaever2.jpg

This one? Looks good to me. Maybe fix the cleavage a little. If you weren't joking, cleavage wasn't the issue Sakurai meant. I could see having a skirt with bike shorts though to make her easier to be agile, though.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
This just sparked a random thought. What if Nintendo, for one game, let loose and inverted all their wholesomeness and family friendliness, channeling it into the bloodiest, most violent, most irreverent and inappropriate game they could make. What do you think that would look like? Would you want to experience the "Anti-Nintendo" game?
View attachment 259272
This one? Looks good to me. Maybe fix the cleavage a little. If you weren't joking, cleavage wasn't the issue Sakurai meant. I could see having a skirt with bike shorts though to make her easier to be agile, though.
And I still think the younger and more fit Impa is the best choice.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Was gonna do tomorrow but things changed. Gonna watch another killer Bigfoot flick called Primal Rage.

Got my mushroom pizza and ice tea ready!

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Pent-up angery from his Brother taking the spotlight all the damn time, perhaps?
This actually reminds me of an idea I had a while back for a SMBZ styled sprite series involving :ultmario::ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultpacman: and Luigi would be approached by one of the antagonistic forces and granted him immense power and Luigi becomes blinded by the power trip to the point where the quartet has to battle him. Also had him get into an unresolved argument with Mario that adds fuel to the fire.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
This actually reminds me of an idea I had a while back for a SMBZ styled sprite series involving :ultmario::ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultpacman: and Luigi would be approached by one of the antagonistic forces and granted him immense power and Luigi becomes blinded by the power trip to the point where the quartet has to battle him. Also had him get into an unresolved argument with Mario that adds fuel to the fire.
There have been quite a lot of SMBZ-inspired sprite animations I seen on Youtube. Like, have any of you seen this one SMBZ-esque series that's trying way too hard to be super dark? Here's the intro:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Like I said earlier, just make her a Sheik echo. And if that's a no go then just rip off Warriors and give her the Naginata.
Sheik Echo sounds more fun, imo.

Would it be too OP to incorporate a Deku Nut into her moveset somewhere?
That's part of my Oracles Impa moveset. Though it needs to have limitations/lag. That's actually a really strong stunning moves. It could stun based upon the damage on the opponent, akin to how long a Grab lasts?

B: Cow Throw(Minotaur Throw, Bull Throw)[Cow can stun, Minotaur has the most knockback, Bull can send them into the ground like a Pitfall]
Up B: Deku Your Nuts[Simple knockback damage. Rest are obvious]
-(Exploding Nuts, Stun Nuts)
Down B: Gigastomach Impact[The differences are elemental. Cold Sore can freeze at high enough percentages]
-(Flaming Indigestion, Cold Sore)
Side B: Mega Sword(A full swing from down to up)
(Battle Rapier[Faster, but less damaging], Iron Cutter[Slower, but more damaging])
Final Smash: Impassable Formation[Oracles Impa, Old!Impa, SS!Impa, OOT!Impa, and HW!Impa all come in to do a gigantic set of attacks. No ideas as of yet.)
This is the version I made some time ago, with Smash 4 in mind.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
There have been quite a lot of SMBZ-inspired sprite animations I seen on Youtube. Like, have any of you seen this one SMBZ-esque series that's trying way too hard to be super dark? Here's the intro:
Yeesh, thankfully I didn’t have many plans to go super dark with mine. At the least I don’t remember potentially killing off any major characters.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Sheik Echo sounds more fun, imo.

That's part of my Oracles Impa moveset. Though it needs to have limitations/lag. That's actually a really strong stunning moves. It could stun based upon the damage on the opponent, akin to how long a Grab lasts?

B: Cow Throw(Minotaur Throw, Bull Throw)[Cow can stun, Minotaur has the most knockback, Bull can send them into the ground like a Pitfall]
Up B: Deku Your Nuts[Simple knockback damage. Rest are obvious]
-(Exploding Nuts, Stun Nuts)
Down B: Gigastomach Impact[The differences are elemental. Cold Sore can freeze at high enough percentages]
-(Flaming Indigestion, Cold Sore)
Side B: Mega Sword(A full swing from down to up)
(Battle Rapier[Faster, but less damaging], Iron Cutter[Slower, but more damaging])
Final Smash: Impassable Formation[Oracles Impa, Old!Impa, SS!Impa, OOT!Impa, and HW!Impa all come in to do a gigantic set of attacks. No ideas as of yet.)
This is the version I made some time ago, with Smash 4 in mind.
Ah yes, I would love to throw c o w s at opponents.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ah yes, I would love to throw c o w s at opponents.
I admit it's the only joke move I threw in there. It just came to my mind as a silly thing to do, and I do remember her having some artwork where she's hyper strong. Let me find that. Or it was deviantart, I guess. I don't fully remember, but eh.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Wademan94 Wademan94 I'm making my own character for fun, and it's character design time. Got any tips when it comes to character design?
I’m honestly not the best person to go to with this aspect since I don’t always follow my own rules, but what I think I can say is have a solid idea of what you want to convey with this character, and write out ways you can represent aspects of your idea in their design. Sketch some of those parts out before putting them on to see if you think they’d work. Don’t be afraid to make multiple versions, also don’t be afraid to look up references and benchmarks of existing characters to see what makes these designs effective.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I’m honestly not the best person to go to with this aspect since I don’t always follow my own rules, but what I think I can say is have a solid idea of what you want to convey with this character, and write out ways you can represent aspects of your idea in their design. Sketch some of those parts out before putting them on to see if you think they’d work. Don’t be afraid to make multiple versions, also don’t be afraid to look up references and benchmarks of existing characters to see what makes these designs effective.
Alright, got it. Thanks! I'm at the point where I'm trying out different art styles for this guy, so I'm definitely gonna experiment.

I'm not Wade, but I can still say: Give your character things that most other characters don't have, as that will make them memorable. But don't overdo it with unique features and pollute the design.
If there is one thing I hate, it's a cluttered character design. I'll stray away from that. Thanks!

D

Deleted member

I honestly love voicing villains.

People are often told to stay in line and be respectful, so it's always really fun to just throw that out of the window when acting.

Just a random thought I had.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I'm not Wade, but I can still say: Give your character things that most other characters don't have, as that will make them memorable. But don't overdo it with unique features and pollute the design.
Admittedly I do have a habit of overdetailing my designs which is a bit of a problem since I plan to create animated series of my concepts one day though I think I’m getting better at watching out for that.

D

Deleted member

Ya ever heard of the card who name is literally just the name of a plot device lmao
3FA25662-86F4-4876-85E1-B307FA38761D.png

That’s actually how it was used in the anime aswell, the person running this guy wanted to solve a philosophical question(removing pain) by taking away everyone’s freedom(and sacrificing a planet but we don’t talk about that)

Last edited by a moderator:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

No joke, this is actually real.​
I mean if I found a talking cat-human hybrid that looked that non-threatening randomly in the middle of space without any form of protection from the dangers of space, I’d be pretty suspicious too.

Kirby Dragons Kirby Dragons Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! so far I think these four are the most complex designs I have for my series:
269715AD-D25F-4502-8B2E-A0CBAC1D8504.jpeg
80858DA9-EF92-40F4-B9CF-60A0A760039E.jpeg
D54C08D2-42A5-45ED-8412-4ED697119C10.jpeg
7352A948-7E6F-46AA-8FDB-542E3CDEBE02.jpeg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My mom and I were just arguing over me not eating full meals and snacking.

She said she’ll stop buying Ramen for me, and I’m like
“But I can just bike and buy some myself”

and she, no joke, pretty much said...
If you buy your own food, you’re being disobedient
and I’m like

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Well my friends and this could get buried but I'm in a damn fine mood.
So today I've survived getting kicked out of college and am allowed to continue. While I lacked in the practical side they were very, very impressed by my style of writing in theory. Instead of doing essays for answers, I did stories of sorts to describe stuff instead.
I'm so happy for myself as a few days ago I felt like I was done for.
Tokuoiomiragoio.png

So for my own reward, it was time to get this and something else. I beat the system kinda.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Finished watching Primal Rage.

Great kills, good creature action, nice practical effects not relying on CGI although the movie was confusing as heck.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Well, we've done it.
We have found one of the most cursed memes I have seen in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom