• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
It's weird reading a fanfic of a specific series you like and noticing each and every branching path the fic takes that deviate from canon.

Like, I dunno. I kinda like it, but I wish more kinda like kept toward the canon and expanded upon it while keeping the characters like themselves. I dunno. Authenticity and it feeling close to that... quality and charm of sorts that the home series has is really engaging to me.

D

Deleted member

It's weird reading a fanfic of a specific series you like and noticing each and every branching path the fic takes that deviate from canon.

Like, I dunno. I kinda like it, but I wish more kinda like kept toward the canon and expanded upon it while keeping the characters like themselves. I dunno. Authenticity and it feeling close to that... quality and charm of sorts that the home series has is really engaging to me.
NGL, I was one of those people writing terrible fanfics because I didn’t know wtf I was doing half of the time

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

I’m always afraid that whenever I write something for an idea I have for an existing series, that others would see it as “too fan-ficcy” since I like to work off what said series has established so far.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

TFW you get a Valkerion off of Valkerion’s Skill so you can drive check 5 times and get like 3 triggers
D8DAE5AE-4319-42F7-A376-9625F7EF3511.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......

Reading fanfic never feels right to me. Like if it doesn't come from the creators it doesn't feel official and non canon if you know what I mean.

It's why I prefer creating my own worlds and stories and stuff.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Reading fanfic never feels right to me. Like if it doesn't come from the creators it doesn't feel official and non canon if you know what I mean.

It's why I prefer creating my own worlds and stories and stuff.
I actually write a lot of fan fiction. Technically. I have a goal of developing them into actual good ideas and pitching them to the actual owners. But that is technically what I’m doing.

Dutch Raikuna

Switching topics, could get buried but any Atelier fans here?

Have you guys tried getting Atelier Ryza for Switch? I'm thinking of getting it but for some reason it's damn hard getting a physical copy.

Last edited:

thecursedside

Smash Rookie
Nah, I prefer the cosmic horror Lovecraft eldritch universe destroying reality tearing god.
Why not just warp Whispy into such a thing? He's already been through many changes as of now. He's been a father, a twin, silver, flowery, robotic, elderly, heck one incarnation is a golem. Wouldn't hurt to add one more to the list.

I really want to see that now.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Coding is hard man. I didn't think a simple RPG battle box would take hours upon hours to get right. It took me hours to just so it could advance after one chooses the fight option, and then the next option doesn't work because it crashes.

Yippee...

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Next Mario and Sonic at the Olympics game should be Mario and Sonic AND CRASH at the Olympic Games. With AND CRASH in the logo looking like it was crudely nailed on. And the story mode is about Crash and company crashing the Olympics and Mario and Sonic just not knowing how to deal with any of this chaos.

Shroob

Sup?
Comcast, can I have Internet?

No, we have internet at home!

*Internet at home*

"4MBs remaining. Remaining time to finish: 5 hours"

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I wanna see a game where they actually double down on Luigi getting possessed or something and he just kicks some ass.

Angry, pissed Luigi is a treasure we need to be exposed to more often.
After losing 0-3 to Ken, Luigi gets possessed with the Satsui No Hadou.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I guess going off the fanfic topic: Do y'all have any personalities or quirks you like to see a certain character have?

Like, for example, people really took Rosalina with a guitar concept art and went with it in a few depictions I've seen; all the serious characters having a snarky side and a hidden emotional side that can only be brought out by a select few. Stuff like that.

Dutch Raikuna

OK, so in about an hour or so I'm gonna play TMS at long last.

However because I've reached 31 physical copies of games and I hate having a prime number of things, I'm thinking of getting a game that would compliment it.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
OK, so in about an hour or so I'm gonna play TMS at long last.

However because I've reached 31 physical copies of games and I hate having a prime number of things, I'm thinking of getting a game that would compliment it.

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana
Blade Strangers
Super Mario Maker 2
Mario Tennis Aces
Resident Evil Revelations Collection
Assassin's Creed: The Rebel Collection

It's tough so I'd like you guys thoughts on it. What would you choose to compliment a game like Mirage Sessions?
Senran Kagu---*Shot*

Idk to be honest lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom