• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I guess going off the fanfic topic: Do y'all have any personalities or quirks you like to see a certain character have?

Like, for example, people really took Rosalina with a guitar concept art and went with it in a few depictions I've seen; all the serious characters having a snarky side and a hidden emotional side that can only be brought out by a select few. Stuff like that.
I like characters that are unafraid to be themselves and have their own ways of viewing and reacting to the world as well as characters that are capable of staying reasonably optimistic and positive even in the darkest times. Also characters with more negative outlooks can begrudgingly accept whatever crazy situation they’re in and be along for the ride.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
What if instead of Mario and Sonic at the Olympics it was Nintendo and SEGA!?!

Or why don’t they try to rope in a bunch of companies. The Olympics have more then just two countries. And I’m sure lots of companies would be dtf. Capcom, Namco, Square, Activision, Maybe even Microsoft.

D

Deleted member

Or why don’t they try to rope in a bunch of companies. The Olympics have more then just two countries. And I’m sure lots of companies would be dtf. Capcom, Namco, Square, Activision, Maybe even Microsoft.
Dude that'd be sick.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

I’m gonna need to hear the roster for this one first.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I mean if I found a talking cat-human hybrid that looked that non-threatening randomly in the middle of space without any form of protection from the dangers of space, I’d be pretty suspicious too.

Kirby Dragons Kirby Dragons @Guh-Huzzah! so far I think these four are the most complex designs I have for my series:
These designs are pretty detailed, but it looks like all the details mesh in well. Good job.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I mean if I found a talking cat-human hybrid that looked that non-threatening randomly in the middle of space without any form of protection from the dangers of space, I’d be pretty suspicious too.

Kirby Dragons Kirby Dragons @Guh-Huzzah! so far I think these four are the most complex designs I have for my series:
Hey, these look great!

The third one in particular looks really cool.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero

Ah yes, Would main the Hornet from Daytona USA. (Imagine a car doing long jump. running and other sports like hammer throw...)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I’m gonna need to hear the roster for this one first.
Sega:
Sonic
Tails
NiGHTS
Aiai
Amigo
Joker

Namco:
Pac-Man
Lloyd
Heihachi
Klonoa
Valkyrie
Dig Dug

Capcom:
Mega Man
Ryu
Chun Li
Morrigan
Phoenix Wright
Viewtiful Joe

Konami:
Bomberman
Simon
Alucard
Goemon
Snake
Twinbee

Nintendo:
Mario
Marth
Ike
Lucina
Chrom
Roy
Lyn
Byleth
Sigurd
Black Knight
Micaiah
Ryoma
Edelgard
Azura
Caeda
Leif
Robin
Dmitri
Eirika
Ephraim
Tharja
Alm
Claude
Marth again
Rhea
Camilla
Hector
Celica
Tiki
Seliph
Xander
Eliwood
Corrin
and Piranha Plant

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Sega:
Sonic
Tails
NiGHTS
Aiai
Amigo
Joker

Namco:
Pac-Man
Lloyd
Heihachi
Klonoa
Valkyrie
Dig Dug

Capcom:
Mega Man
Ryu
Chun Li
Morrigan
Phoenix Wright
Viewtiful Joe

Konami:
Bomberman
Simon
Alucard
Goemon
Snake
Twinbee

Nintendo:
Mario
Marth
Ike
Lucina
Chrom
Roy
Lyn
Byleth
Sigurd
Black Knight
Micaiah
Ryoma
Edelgard
Azura
Caeda
Leif
Robin
Dmitri
Eirika
Ephraim
Tharja
Alm
Claude
Marth again
Rhea
Camilla
Hector
Celica
Tiki
Seliph
Xander
Eliwood
Corrin
and Piranha Plant
Hm, that's good...but the Fire Emblem side of the roster is severely lacking.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Sega:
Sonic
Tails
NiGHTS
Aiai
Amigo
Joker

Namco:
Pac-Man
Lloyd
Heihachi
Klonoa
Valkyrie
Dig Dug

Capcom:
Mega Man
Ryu
Chun Li
Morrigan
Phoenix Wright
Viewtiful Joe

Konami:
Bomberman
Simon
Alucard
Goemon
Snake
Twinbee

Nintendo:
Mario
Marth
Ike
Lucina
Chrom
Roy
Lyn
Byleth
Sigurd
Black Knight
Micaiah
Ryoma
Edelgard
Azura
Caeda
Leif
Robin
Dmitri
Eirika
Ephraim
Tharja
Alm
Claude
Marth again
Rhea
Camilla
Hector
Celica
Tiki
Seliph
Xander
Eliwood
Corrin
and Piranha Plant
Oof, somebody’s clearly not bitter.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Sega:
Sonic
Tails
NiGHTS
Aiai
Amigo
Joker

Namco:
Pac-Man
Lloyd
Heihachi
Klonoa
Valkyrie
Dig Dug

Capcom:
Mega Man
Ryu
Chun Li
Morrigan
Phoenix Wright
Viewtiful Joe

Konami:
Bomberman
Simon
Alucard
Goemon
Snake
Twinbee

Nintendo:
Mario
Marth
Ike
Lucina
Chrom
Roy
Lyn
Byleth
Sigurd
Black Knight
Micaiah
Ryoma
Edelgard
Azura
Caeda
Leif
Robin
Dmitri
Eirika
Ephraim
Tharja
Alm
Claude
Marth again
Rhea
Camilla
Hector
Celica
Tiki
Seliph
Xander
Eliwood
Corrin
and Piranha Plant
Me seeing the Nintendo roster:
*Kirby is crying in the corner*

Last edited:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Sorry to interrupt the thread, but does anybody still think that Doom Slayer has any shot of making it into the second Fighter Pass? Apparently the DOOM: Eternal director flat-out deconfirmed it, and wanted to know if they were officially out of the running.

And I'm not talking about a leaker deconfirming it. I'm talking about the actual devs doing that.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Sorry to interrupt the thread, but does anybody still think that Doom Slayer has any shot of making it into the second Fighter Pass? Apparently the DOOM: Eternal director flat-out deconfirmed it, and wanted to know if they were officially out of the running.

And I'm not talking about a leaker deconfirming it. I'm talking about the actual devs doing that.
Yeah, he's doomed.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So far just played the opening hour of Tokyo Mirage Sessions. So the + and - so far;

+This is one of the most stylish games I have ever played. Leave it to Atlus to create it. The UI and character design are perfect.
+Battle system is great and the animation is really well done.
+This couldn't be more Fire Emblem meets Persona than possible and it's cool.
+One small detail but I absolutely love it is having the background characters as simple colours as it adds to the aesthetic and helps focus on the cast better.
+Reincarnation is a god tier song.

-I mostly bought it for the gameplay but yeah the story is ridiculous. Good premise.
-Maybe it's because I know who their seiyuus also voice but I feel like Itsuki's and Tsubasa's feel off in their performance. For example I can't hear Tsubasa's voice without being like "oh, its Rem".
-The localisation change of the ages is annoying me a little bit more than I thought. Most likely because I'm far more to Japanese now than I was when the game came out.

So yeah I'm liking it a lot.

Last edited:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime

I honestly think there's only a slim chance we'll get any Western character in Fighter's Pass 2. Banjo & Kazooie was unique because they started out as a Nintendo series, even though they were developed by British developer Rare and then later were owned by Microsoft. It's possible we'll get another Western character, but Sakurai and his team are Japanese, and in general Western games are not very popular in Japan. At least Sakurai has played a very wide variety of Western games, but for him to narrow down even just one he feels would work in Smash and be able to be licensed, it'd be a daunting task.

Among the potential candidates, Doom Slayer is one a lot of people assume because of the history with Nintendo and DOOM being to the FPS genre what Metal Gear is to the stealth genre. Bethesda has also been very friendly with Nintendo this generation, releasing all new and old DOOM games on the Switch despite the challenges. However, Sakurai loves to represent a game's content as faithfully as possible, both in the character and in their stage. His long broadcasts for the DLC fighters have showcased this more explicitly than ever. He wants to introduce as much of the world/series as he can in just one fighter and one stage.

To that end, the fact that blood and gore are such critical parts of DOOM's identity almost knocks it entirely out of the running. To get DOOM to work, you'd have to sanitize everything in such a bloodless and significantly less violent way to the point that it'd barely resemble DOOM anymore. You could maybe make the stage a Mars base free of any blood or gore, and maybe give Doom Slayer a moveset that is toned down in its violence, but at that point, why bother? Why not go for a character that doesn't require so much effort to fit the tone of Smash?

But Ultimate's newcomer rollercoaster has shown us that all assumptions are meant to be broken, good and bad. Sakurai could find a way to sanitize the character/series and still represent it faithfully, but that's a really big stretch.

Last edited:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Can we just take a moment to talk about

This:

View attachment 259322
What about Galarian Slowpoke? Is there like some hidden message or something that we need to get from this? Like, I mean, it's just another Pokemon, so I don't see how--

goroacro.png

I'm very sorry to tell you, but I'm afraid that the Galarian Slowpoke couldn't understand anything you said...

gorocake.png

...beyond hearing somebody mention something about delicious pancakes

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Tonight I voted for a Very Good Boy.
Screenshot_20200122-220426~2.png

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
As of now with my progress in my Miitopia playthrough, I'm near the endgame to the final battle and collecting the keys needed to open the gate to the Sky Scraper. My party has been well strengthened and leveled up during my playtime, saved some of the most rarest foods for those who definitely needed a stat upgrade.

Good Night!

D

Deleted member

My votes for the FE Heroes poll:

>Marianne x2
>Dorothea x2
>Edelgard
>Claude
>Maybe Marth seeing what happened last year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom