• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

This is a really funny video, and I've seen it many times, but like most politically incorrect media, you're suppose to keep it to yourself.
Huh? dunno what you’re so caught up on, tbh, video seemed fine to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Honestly, struggling with some suicidal thoughts myself when I was younger, I find this behavior pretty inappropriate.
I only care if it's done distastefully, because humans in general have had a history of making light out of topics that have personally affected them

D

Deleted member

I only care if it's done distastefully, because humans in general have had a history of making light out of topics that have personally affected them
yeah, If I thought the video was in bad taste or something, I wouldn’t have posted it.
There have been times I just haven’t made specific ****posts because if I did ya’ll would send me to the 5th dimension with how weird they would be.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
While it was terribly unfunny and featured a bit too much "LOL RANDOM" for my tastes, I didn't find that video nearly as offensive as some of you are making it out to be.

Y'all need to lighten up.

D

Deleted member

Alright now you're just trolling. Moving on.
F0393FFF-CCC1-4AC0-B41C-9E7B69FAB30E.jpeg

This convo doesn’t seem to be going anywhere, so may as well.

I still don’t get what you mean, honestly.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
While it was terribly unfunny and featured a bit too much "LOL RANDOM" for my tastes, I didn't find that video nearly as offensive as some of you are making it out to be.

Y'all need to lighten up.
I personally don't either but you have to take into account that suicide is a serious topic that many don't take as lightly as other.

I could of used that video many times (believe me. I had it ready when Byleth drama started up), but I didn't post it because I knew that there were people here who didn't find that type of humor comfortable.

Also it's not acceptable here regardless. But nobody gives a **** about that. :T

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Kon'nichiwa. How about a little comic to keep y'all entertained this afternoon?

Sayonara!:yoshi:
It's sad that fans don't bat an eye at Mario and Pokemon reps taking half of the roster, but with Fire Emblem they get angry so much.
EO5JPYTU0AAESOH.jpg

Saw Kirby in the last page. (I imagine him not being happy at Sakurai's Super Star bias and no Modern Kirby representation, his series hasn't got a new rep for years after Brawl, same with Zelda and other series.)
Me: "Also Mario and Pikachu why are you angry, your characters like take up a lot of the roster."

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
What is with the sudden surge in popularity of youtubers who just take basic information, well known information, and put together 12 minute long video essays repeating it over and over again. Aaronitmar’s new video on Byleth is basically just him saying a sentence, repeating it 4 times, and then moving on. His 12 minute video could have been like, half as long if he just wasn’t being so redundant. A lot of his videos are like that, and it’s not just him. Don’t even get me started on Canadian Guy Eh.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I wanna see a game where they actually double down on Luigi getting possessed or something and he just kicks some ass.

Angry, pissed Luigi is a treasure we need to be exposed to more often.

D

Deleted member

Anyway, now that that drama is cooling off...

TEM TEM TIME, with ya boi Alpharad!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It's sad that fans don't bat an eye at Mario and Poke'mon reps taking half of the roster, but with Fire Emblem they get angry so much.
View attachment 259263
Saw Kirby in the last page. (I imagine him not being happy at Sakurai's Super Star bias and no Modern Kirby representation, his series hasn't got a new rep for years after Brawl, same with Zelda and other series.)
Me: "Also Mario and Pikachu why are you angry, your characters like take up a lot of the roster."
The only people who really should be upset are the Zelda ones.

D

Deleted member

What is with the sudden surge in popularity of youtubers who just take basic information, well known information, and put together 12 minute long video essays repeating it over and over again. Aaronitmar’s new video on Byleth is basically just him saying a sentence, repeating it 4 times, and then moving on. His 12 minute video could have been like, half as long if he just wasn’t being so redundant. A lot of his videos are like that, and it’s not just him. Don’t even get me started on Canadian Guy Eh.
This is a trend that I know well from my time in the card game community.

Youtubers like Dzeef, Cimoo, etc tend to make their videos longer than they need to be to get that sweet sweet ad revenue.
What is Temtem anyway?
Pokemon but MMO instead of RPG

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Real answer: it's some kind of mmo Pokemon clone that looks extremely well done. It even has some fan made "pokemon" that the creators bought for use, like that Platapus creature.
Oh thank goodness I'm not the only one who just thought of two Temmies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Agree, we have 3 Links, A clone of Captain Falcon (Ganondorf), 2 Zeldas (one is a ninja.), and popular requested ones like Minda and Skull Kid being decomfirmed as Assist Trophies.
I think a good start would be adding Impa as a Shiek echo and LTTP Ganon as a unique. Maybe Darunia and Ruto for some unique races. And Vaati for another unique bad guy and toon character. Then when the next smash rolls around, or if assist trophies get upgraded, add in Midna and Skull Kid.

Also, throw in Tingle just for the laughs.

D

Deleted member

Real answer: it's some kind of mmo Pokemon clone that looks extremely well done. It even has some fan made "pokemon" that the creators bought for use, like that Platapus creature.
I dunno about clone, It has just enough apart from Pokemon to consider itself more so an inspiration, for example Undertale being inspired by Earthbound.

And no, the two being “Catch and raise monsters to battle for you” isn’t enough to call it a clone IMO.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
This is a trend that I know well from my time in the card game community.

Youtubers like Dzeef, Cimoo, etc tend to make their videos longer than they need to be to get that sweet sweet ad revenue.

Pokemon but MMO instead of RPG
It doesn’t even feel like they know what they’re doing is redundant though. They way they talk, those two in specific, makes me feel like THEY need it to be repeated that many times to internalize it.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Inb4 people start calling Temtem "the pokemon killer" despite Pokemon being a nearly immortal jaggernaught.

MMOs aren't really my thing but i might go check it out later anyway.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
In other news something Snake will definitely love one of Joker's dialogues in Mortal Kombat 11 is hinting at an Injustice 3.

YES!!!! Please be true!

I want Circe, Detective Chimp, Etrigan, John Constantine, Jonah Hex, Killer Croc and King Shark.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I think a good start would be adding Impa as a Shiek echo and LTTP Ganon as a unique. Maybe Darunia and Ruto for some unique races. And Vaati for another unique bad guy and toon character. Then when the next smash rolls around, or if assist trophies get upgraded, add in Midna and Skull Kid.

I would put them in my roster including CD-i Ganon from Faces of Evil.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

That face when Tingle is the only one who could represent their own franchise. Funny that.

IMO, Impa has too many designs and could work better as a semi-clone of Sheik. She doesn't fit the proportions every time either. Especially with tons of designs that could work out. She's not viable in her BOTW role either(could be in BOTW2, though), though the SS role is the most recent after(well, OOT technically) so one of those could work. One change I'd like is giving Impa the old chain move. It wasn't great, but it would help separate them as Echoes.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That face when Tingle is the only one who could represent their own franchise. Funny that.

IMO, Impa has too many designs and could work better as a semi-clone of Sheik. She doesn't fit the proportions every time either. Especially with tons of designs that could work out. She's not viable in her BOTW role either(could be in BOTW2, though), though the SS role is the most recent after(well, OOT technically) so one of those could work. One change I'd like is giving Impa the old chain move. It wasn't great, but it would help separate them as Echoes.
I always figured she would use her OoT design, which would would fit Shiek’s proportions well.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I always figured she would use her OoT design, which would would fit Shiek’s proportions well.
Ah.

For me, Oracles design is best. It'd be the first heavyset woman, which would be a really cool design. Plus, she has tons of potential even in that form. She has tons of muscle as is.

Regardless, I wonder if Impa lacking a consistent design is what's keeping her out. Even though we had updates for Zelda characters, they kept the same general proportions. Which is why we got TP, a bit of SS, BOTW instead. Even Toon Link was a newcomer proper only using Young Link as a base. Toon Ganondorf is very different from regular Ganondorf too, though I admit TP Ganondorf still has some differences. I mean, besides his scowl.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ah.

For me, Oracles design is best. It'd be the first heavyset woman, which would be a really cool design. Plus, she has tons of potential even in that form. She has tons of muscle as is.

Regardless, I wonder if Impa lacking a consistent design is what's keeping her out. Even though we had updates for Zelda characters, they kept the same general proportions. Which is why we got TP, a bit of SS, BOTW instead. Even Toon Link was a newcomer proper only using Young Link as a base. Toon Ganondorf is very different from regular Ganondorf too, though I admit TP Ganondorf still has some differences. I mean, besides his scowl.
I wouldn’t be a fan. Looked up the design. Not doing it for me.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I still would've liked Ghirahim as a fighter.

But at this point I'd take anything from Zelda. Hell, even a basic mook like a Bokoblin.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I wouldn’t be a fan. Looked up the design. Not doing it for me.
Only one I honestly find really good as a design. But I said the reasons already. I like diversity as well, and she's already capable of doing all her moves in that form too.

Only issue with using it is a lack of recency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom