• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Let's just start the Capcom wars, shall we?
Well, it helps Capcom that so many of the franchises can fit right into Smash and having the Vs Capcom franchise also helps too. And it still makes me wonder why they haven't made like their own Capcom-only Fighter yet.
Sega and Konami would also be in this category if they gave their lesser franchises some more spotlight. Capcom is mostly in it's own category though because they do make more use of their IPs, even their lesser ones, and they are certainly very willing to provide Nintendo when it comes to Smash Bros.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Obviously were not gonna get any character teases even but I'm rather curious do you think they'll mention anything else that's Smash related at the Nintendo E3 Day 2 tomorrow?

Regardless doesn't matter anyways since I'm leaving for my 5 day trip to San Diego tomorrow.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Awesome! As far as I know, I've only played a single Sega Saturn game in some form, which probably wasn't the best representation of what the console could do. I'm definitely going to get this one - I'd love to play more games like Star Fox.
If you want before it, Panzer Dragoon Orta is backwards compatible already and it's quite good. It was an OG Xbox exclusive.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Does anyone know when the 3.1 warning or whatever ends?

I'm not expecting Hero until much later this month or July but basically any day after that period is over is fair game.
I believe it's June 17th, could be wrong though. I wouldn't expect Hero until around July though, maybe even August.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
WALUIGI TIME

INTENSIFIES
One day it WILL be Real Reploid Hours. Gotta show my support, that's all.

I'm betting the next game might have Waluigi since he's pretty popular, even if some people think he's just a meme.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I believe it's June 17th, could be wrong though. I wouldn't expect Hero until around July though, maybe even August.
August seems too late.

I expect Banjo out by September-ish to not overlap with the reveal of character 4 in the September Direct.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Don't forget to shill for your favorites as hard as you can guys. It got us Ridley, K.Rool, Mega Man, Sonic, Cloud, Dark Samus, Chrom, and Banjo.

View attachment 227577

As long as there's hope you can change the future.
I totally agree with you, but don't forget...the fans voted to bring back all of the vets too.

I in particular put in a lot for my boy Snake, including a Twitter account and rallying the troops.

This game just feels like the greatest game ever right now. It's as if we were right with Nintendo for these decisions.

Noipoi

Howdy!
A potted plant
Mr. John Persona
Not one, not two, not three, but four Dragon Quest heroes
And Banjo goddamn Kazooie

I dunno what this timeline is, but I’m loving it.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Does anyone know when the 3.1 warning or whatever ends?

I'm not expecting Hero until much later this month or July but basically any day after that period is over is fair game.
It ended on the JP site. It now shows stuff with amiibo, the new banner, etc.

What's notable is they removed the bottom part that displayed all the DLC fighters. It looks like trying to fix that is causing site issues, so instead of implying we have more than 6 DLC, they just removed it. Not surprising.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Don't forget to shill for your favorites as hard as you can guys. It got us Ridley, K.Rool, Mega Man, Sonic, Cloud, Dark Samus, Chrom, and Banjo.

View attachment 227577

As long as there's hope you can change the future.
I think this goes to show by giving enough support, the impossible can become possible. Good luck to you all and your characters!

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Well I guess we can now say for sure that Shinobi knew exactly what they were doing

When the Recent Male Indivdual successfully leaks Bear of String Instrumentation

Last edited by a moderator:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Pikmin 4 news tomorrow, maybe? Please?

Also more Zelda stuff would be awesome. I want to know if we can play as Zelda in the next LoZ entry or not, ASAP.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I totally agree with you, but don't forget...the fans voted to bring back all of the vets too.

I in particular put in a lot for my boy Snake, including a Twitter account and rallying the troops.

This game just feels like the greatest game ever right now. It's as if we were right with Nintendo for these decisions.
Oh for sure, that's why the whole crew's back. Now that there's no old characters to bring back, the next era of voting/shilling/ballots or whatever is a new and wild world. There's gonna be salt, and hype, but it'll be worth it.

I gotta shill harder for that 2nd Mega Man and Tekken character. For me preferably MMX and Jin, but if it was Heihachi and MM.EXE for example, there's no complaints at all.

This reminds me of a lot of the air launchers in Dragon Ball FighterZ. Wonder if it's in any way a reference?
Trunks vs Armor King.jpg

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Oh for sure, that's why the whole crew's back. Now that there's no old characters to bring back, the next era of voting/shilling/ballots or whatever is a new and wild world. There's gonna be salt, and hype, but it'll be worth it.

I gotta shill harder for that 2nd Mega Man and Tekken character. For me preferably MMX and Jin, but if it was Heihachi and MM.EXE for example, there's no complaints at all.
I never expect another poll.

And quite frankly, I don't want one.

I want those resources but into actual development. I don't see what good it would do. There arent new characters from the last five years that I find crucial to add in comparison to others we could still get.

Buffalo Soldier

Smash Apprentice
Remember when we were all worried Sakurai would give us a character from a phone game few in the West had even heard of lol? We’ve come a long way.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
My Big hot take: The next DLC character is from the Resident Evil franchise. Here are my reasons:

1. This is the most important reason to me: I've had this itch for a while we're getting a Resident Evil character. About 2 months back Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones made me deeply consider and reconsider a character from Resident Evil. He specifically pointed out compared to Dante and Devil May Cry, Resident Evil dwarfs it without having the Minecraft generic stigma; it's too big of a series for Nintendo to pass over if they go to Capcom for another character. And I realize Scol is right. The Resident Evil series is huge in every major and most minor regions, and it's been that way for over 2 decades, and has never stopped being "the horror game series."
  2. Resident Evil got the star treatment in this E3 Nintendo Direct despite having no substantial new games. Sure Resident Evil 7 is probably coming to the Switch next year (maybe RE2 remake too), but that still doesn't justify this attention here.
  3. In spite of that I think for sure 1 of the last 2 Fight Pass characters is Capcom. Most people here I think should agree with that. Capcom just has an embarrassment of great characters for fighting games. You could grab the 10 most popular picks and they'd all be beloved in Smash.
  4. Monster Hunter already got content (2 tracks and a boss) in Smash Ultimate without a character.
  5. Phoenix Wright and Devil May Cry are microscopic in popularity next to Resident Evil.
  6. Every other Capcom IP either has characters in Smash (Street Fighter, Mega Man) or is dormant in comparision (Okami, Viewtiful Joe, Darkstalkers, etc).
  7. Resident Evil is on a hot streak. Resident Evil 0, 1 Remake, 4 HD are ported to basically every console and remain beloved and great to this day. Resident Evil 7 and 2 Remake recently came out to phenomenal reception and box office performance.
Add all these factors together and the situation lines up perfectly for Resident Evil to get a character in Smash.

But sure, the series is the biggest, but who would be the character? You could copy Marvel vs. Capcom with Chris and Jill, but Smash always goes a fresh route.

And that route usually involves emulating a game and a character in the game perfectly, from Joker in Persona 5, Ryu and Ken in Street Fighter 2 and Banjo & Kazoie in well you get it. But what game and character? Easy.

Resident Evil 4 and Leon Kennedy. It's been something a lot of speculators have said they wanted since Snake was 1st announced in Brawl, and it works. You take the way action flows in RE4 + the general combat archetype, you convert it to Smash, you fill in the gaps with Resident Evil love. It works, it just works just like Joker from Persona 5 and Banjo & Kazooie.

You throw in Chris Redfield as an alt character (maybe with moves from RE5 too) similar to what The Hero just got, and you got a home-run.

I think it's a knock out choice, it's something a lot of fans realllllly want without realizing it (not much unlike Cloud Strife was in Smash 4), and it just works on every level. Now is the perfect opportunity to do it.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Even if I don't see any more game news from Nintendo tomorrow that I'd like to, I'd still remain more than content after every reveal I witnessed today.

Whatever this game's supposed faults, I, personally, don't give a crap. Sakurai and his team have gone above and beyond to give us the greatest Smash game they possibly could. The best and most beloved cast possible, and the most balanced yet fun and hectic gameplay of any Smash game thus far. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate has damn well earned it's title. People can criticize it all they want, everyone's entitled to have their own opinions, but with such a massive fanbase, this is by far one of the best product they could've made for all us Smash fans as a whole. And it's not even complete yet, there's at least two more DLC fighters on the way from here.

Thus far the game has been a major success among fans and beyond, and for very good reason. I'd like to think the devs and everyone else involved with making this game into what it has become deserve serious gratitude at the least. I can't imagine them nailing down a Smash game much better than they have with this one.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
They didn't reveal any details beyond the playable characters at best. They didn't even directly state the stage names. If something is coming, we're not supposed to know more yet. We'll find out later during the next Smash/Nintendo direct. There's a lot of time to come up. Like, Erdrick is in around a month, perhaps. Summer 2019 is right now. Maybe two months.
My bets are on the Hero coming out end of July at the earliest, end of August at the latest. Banjo will probably launch in October or November. And there will probably be another direct in September which reveals the second to last Fighter, with the final one revealing and releasing in the beginning of 2020.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
My Big hot take: The next DLC character is from the Resident Evil franchise. Here are my reasons:

1. This is the most important reason to me: I've had this itch for a while we're getting a Resident Evil character. About 2 months back Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones made me deeply consider and reconsider a character from Resident Evil. He specifically pointed out compared to Dante and Devil May Cry, Resident Evil dwarfs it without having the Minecraft generic stigma; it's too big of a series for Nintendo to pass over if they go to Capcom for another character. And I realize Scol is right. The Resident Evil series is huge in every major and most minor regions, and it's been that way for over 2 decades, and has never stopped being "the horror game series."
  2. Resident Evil got the star treatment in this E3 Nintendo Direct despite having no substantial new games. Sure Resident Evil 7 is probably coming to the Switch next year (maybe RE2 remake too), but that still doesn't justify this attention here.
  3. In spite of that I think for sure 1 of the last 2 Fight Pass characters is Capcom. Most people here I think should agree with that. Capcom just has an embarrassment of great characters for fighting games. You could grab the 10 most popular picks and they'd all be beloved in Smash.
  4. Monster Hunter already got content (2 tracks and a boss) in Smash Ultimate without a character.
  5. Phoenix Wright and Devil May Cry are microscopic in popularity next to Resident Evil.
  6. Every other Capcom IP either has characters in Smash (Street Fighter, Mega Man) or is dormant in comparision (Okami, Viewtiful Joe, Darkstalkers, etc).
  7. Resident Evil is on a hot streak. Resident Evil 0, 1 Remake, 4 HD are ported to basically every console and remain beloved and great to this day. Resident Evil 7 and 2 Remake recently came out to phenomenal reception and box office performance.
Add all these factors together and the situation lines up perfectly for Resident Evil to get a character in Smash.

But sure, the series is the biggest, but who would be the character? You could copy Marvel vs. Capcom with Chris and Jill, but Smash always goes a fresh route.

And that route usually involves emulating a game and a character in the game perfectly, from Joker in Persona 5, Ryu and Ken in Street Fighter 2 and Banjo & Kazoie in well you get it. But what game and character? Easy.

Resident Evil 4 and Leon Kennedy. It's been something a lot of speculators have said they wanted since Snake was 1st announced in Brawl, and it works. You take the way action flows in RE4 + the general combat archetype, you convert it to Smash, you fill in the gaps with Resident Evil love. It works, it just works just like Joker from Persona 5 and Banjo & Kazooie.

You throw in Chris Redfield as an alt character (maybe with moves from RE5 too) similar to what The Hero just got, and you got a home-run.

I think it's a knock out choice, it's something a lot of fans realllllly want without realizing it (not much unlike Cloud Strife was in Smash 4), and it just works on every level. Now is the perfect opportunity to do it.

Most of this is solid, but I believe point number 5 to be moot with today's final reveal. Halo and Minecraft dwarf Banjo-Kazooie in terms of Microsoft's franchises, but who got in? Not Captain Haloman or Blocky McBlockerson.

D

Deleted member

Finally sat through the direct.

Rating the conference as a whole, Smash aside, seriously Nintendo from July to September is insanely packed as **** (between MUA3, DQXI S, DQB2, Astral Chain, Daemon ex Machina, Link's Awakening, Fire Emblem). While a bit sad that AC is delayed, wallet is not sad of this development, Hope Luigi comes around October or later and Panzer Dragoon around December/January.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion

I don't think this really a hot take anymore, most people seem to be fully on the RE train already, me too because it makes a lot of sense.

Honestly the only way I see Phoenix or Dante getting in over a RE character is if Sakurai already has really had a good idea for their move sets or that Phoenix and Dante really punched above their weights in the ballot. Possible, but unlikely for that to happen.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
My bets are on the Hero coming out end of July at the earliest, end of August at the latest. Banjo will probably launch in October or November. And there will probably be another direct in September which reveals the second to last Fighter, with the final one revealing and releasing in the beginning of 2020.
They definitely listed a release month for Banjo Kazooie.
And I think it was August, though dont remember specifically.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Most of this is solid, but I believe point number 5 to be moot with today's final reveal. Halo and Minecraft dwarf Banjo-Kazooie in terms of Microsoft's franchises, but who got in? Not Captain Haloman or Blocky McBlockerson.
Banjo is a Nintendo franchise and character (who debuted in a Nintendo series and his series debuted exclusively on a Nintendo console while his company was mostly owned by Nintendo) who just happens to be owned by Microsoft.

That's one specific situation that is unique. No other non-Rare character is like that.

It's very much Apples and Ackee (the rarest fruit known to man).

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, until the next news for the next DLC characters come, who's ready to go through another news drought?

D

Deleted member

The most leaked and discussed characters have been revealed today.

Speculation for the final remaining two characters in wave 1's gonna be pretty barren.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
The most leaked and discussed characters have been revealed today.

Speculation for the final remaining two characters in wave 1's gonna be pretty barren.
No it wont.

Speculation will never go barren.

For as long as there are characters to add.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So, until the next news for the next DLC characters come, who's ready to go through another news drought?
Not me. I don't care who comes next given I got everything I wanted. Anyone else whether Amaterasu, Crash, Doom Slayer, Elma, Phoenix Wright or Sylux are just icing on cake at this point.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Banjo is a Nintendo franchise and character (who debuted in a Nintendo series and his series debuted exclusively on a Nintendo console.
Hey same...well without the semantics. I dont think previous ownership means anything.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I just can't imagine whoever could be next. I honestly don't think anyone at this point can top Banjo's reveal. Not even K. Rool's and Ridley's reveal comes anywhere close to it.

Still predicting an Lloyd Irving and an Resident Evil rep as the final two.

Who do you guys think the final two characters are? Do you also agree that no one at this point is gonna be able to top Banjo?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom