• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Happy birthday Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura !

I'd give you Elma as a DLC character if I could, but that's a little outside my ability.
Isn’t there like a behind closed doors conference that they’ll hold soonish? They announced Pikmin 3 in one, they also iirc revealed Wii Fit Trainer and PAC MAN in such conferences too

At least a teaser throw us a heckin bone bruh

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
alright lets see what the hero (tm) has stolen so far from what i've seen:

- link's jab
- link's dash attack
- link's shield properties
- link's crouch
- link's up taunt
- roy/chrom f-smash
- mii swordfighter u-smash
- chroy/marcina u-smash as an u-tilt i guess

barely don't count

- robin's thunder
- robin's elwind
- jigglypuff's sing
Decided to fact check this:

F-smash isn't Roy's, it's original.
Jab isn't Link's, it's original.
Up Smash isn't Mii Swordfighter's, it's original
Hero never performs Link's up taunt in the trailer
Based on the effects of the moves, Elwind and Sing are too much of a stretch to say that they "barely" don't count. They just don't count.

The rest are fair comparisons.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I really want Chrono, but I'm always sort of conflicted because Chrono is the least interesting playable character in Chrono trigger.

KMDP

Smash Legend
TBH, this whole Erdrick thing left me with a lot of knowledge on a couple of cool Square brands. I'd be down for Sora, Crono, and Geno. Neku would get my brother hype so I'll throw him into the pile too.
There are five characters that will actually get me hype (ignore the fact that I have 20+ characters in my signature).

Isaac
Tails
Agumon
Crash Bandicoot
Tifa Lockhart

To be honest, Agumon and Crash seem fairly realistic options for Smash at this juncture.

And I don't want to hear anything about how Digimon is an anime first (it's not), the V-Pets aren't games (Bandai Namco themselves consider them to be games) or Tekken (Heihachi) is a better option (Digimon makes significantly more money for BN than Tekken).

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Isn’t there like a behind closed doors conference that they’ll hold soonish? They announced Pikmin 3 in one, they also iirc revealed Wii Fit Trainer and PAC MAN in such conferences too

At least a teaser throw us a heckin bone bruh
They'll occasionally reveal a few things outside the Direct, but it's usually on the same day.

After day 2, I wouldn't expect anything new. By then, they probably would've shown us everything.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I really want Chrono, but I'm always sort of conflicted because Chrono is the least interesting playable character in Chrono trigger.
Crono would still be pretty great - even if he's the least interesting playable character (not sure if you mean in terms of personality or abilities), the playable cast of Chrono Trigger is downright fantastic.

Plus, if we got Chrono Trigger, we'd get the music, which is as incredible as the cast. And, on a more humourous note, people would be able to make stages based on Never Gonna Give You Up with appropriate background music.

D

Deleted member

I haven't had a lot of time to talk here today, but I want to just say a few things at a few different points. I'm probably going to make an arena to celebrate later on but I've got a few things to say.

I want to get one thing out of the way, I'm going to put it in a spoiler, ok? Ok.

This is now the second time that I've been not only disagreed with, but vehemently disagreed with over the outcome of this game. It's not as if I'm planning on holding any of that against anybody.

However, there have been a few times where folks have been *****. Not just here, but among the Smash community. I don't lie when I say what I've heard. I'm not that type of person. I actively struggle to come up with lies, so imagine coming up with lies about my favorite game.

When I've said certain things are happening, I don't actually have to share that. I share it not only because I think it's important for discussion, but also so that people don't get their hopes up.

I'll be avoiding the reveal of my sources. I'm not asking for unquestioned respect, because that's dumb. I'm simply asking that rather than assuming I'm bull**** or looking for attention, consider where I'm coming from. I said Box Theory was real and to only expect two characters, mainly because of sources or reasons. I was told I was stupid, ended up right, was able to brag. This time, while I was wrong personally about Banjo (I'm glad I was), I told you that Erdrick was happening. I added personal speculation that Luminary could be at least one of the skins. I was told basically that "the future is now old man" and that I was delusional to think that he would still be coming. As if I'm easily fooled by people I put trust in, or have no idea what I'm talking about.

As it turns out, I was right again, despite what people told me about the information I was willing to share, as somebody who isn't even a leaker, and was effectively spoken down to because I apparently was "just some kind of leaker".

No offense, but **** off with that. I love talking Smash, and I actually like sticking around this thread because Smash is fun to play and talk about. However, I would appreciate at least some sort of. I'm not really here for popularity, though I feel as though that's something I've gotten through becoming a meme.

Whatever, just needed to get this off my chest.

On the Direct, and Smash stuff:

Hyped for Luigi's Mansion 3, Animal Crossing, BOTW sequel. I noticed that the Three Houses trailer confirmed that leak, Link's Awakening looks pretty legit...for me, Smash stole the show.

I still cannot get over the fact that Banjo is in, but I'm incredibly glad he is. It's given me the feeling that of when I was a kid and played Banjo-Kazooie regularly. Though I never played Tooie, I feel as if this was a pick that I never realized...just how much I wanted it. Better yet, I think I wanted it this whole time, but because I told myself it would never happen, I stopped believing in it happening. It feels amazing. I can't wait for this character to debut in a game that they should have been in from the beginning.

After the presentation in the February Direct, I basically knew that Dragon Quest was getting Erdrick, which I could also base on the information I'd heard. I was very much impressed with the trailer, and I felt as a gamer that hasn't played Dragon Quest before, that the character has been treated with incredible amounts of care. I'm very much excited to eventually play Dragon Quest 11, after I trade in the PS4 copy I own for my future copy of the Switch game.

While I'm not quite over these two characters yet...I actually can't wait to try the Hero, and I still can't believe that Banjo was revealed today, I can't help but wonder what we might be looking at going forward. I've talked with personal/local friends today, and they actually told me the same thing I thought, without even saying it.

That Resident Evil Section of the Direct seemed, in a few ways, similar to the section on Dragon Quest XI back in February. It was a special segment to a series/game that hadn't had as large of a presence until recently, and it was more or less praised...at least as I remember it. I have to watch the Direct again.

At this point I feel like Leon will be a Capcom DLC character with alts of Chris Redfield, with a Raccoon City stage. This isn't just me saying this, but while I don't have anything credible related to "leaks" or anything of that sort, I really do get a feeling the series is coming our way.

I'm not sure who gets picked yet with Namco, but that's for another time. I'm kinda thinking Mii Theory could have something to it (not to mention I suggested it in my Smashboards article), but I think the clincher will come from 4.0 and the Hero.
I still can't believe Banjo is in. Everything about that trailer was magical. From the classic N64 voices, to Spiral Mountain, to how it references the opening of the first game by having them hold their titular instruments, to the running animation being the talon trot, to grenade eggs and the ****ing breegall bash from Tooie.

Like geez. I felt like a kid again. Just gotta see the music selection, I suppose.

There are five characters that will actually get me hype (ignore the fact that I have 20+ characters in my signature).

Isaac
Tails
Agumon
Crash Bandicoot
Tifa Lockhart

To be honest, Agumon and Crash seem fairly realistic options for Smash at this juncture.

And I don't want to hear anything about how Digimon is an anime first (it's not), the V-Pets aren't games (Bandai Namco themselves consider them to be games) or Tekken (Heihachi) is a better option (Digimon makes significantly more money for BN than Tekken).
No one is going to get me as hype as I've been today other than maybe Bomberman. Digimon would be cool, though. I'd be down 100% for the series being in.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I've never played Panzer Dragoon before, but the trailer definitely has me interested. It's like Star Fox 64, right? That's what I gathered from the gameplay and what I've heard about that series, anyway.
It's Starfox with dragons instead of Arwings and a more serious story. The game they showed off is a remake of the first, which came out on the Saturn in uh... 1995?

It's the first Saturn remake I can think of aside from NiGHTS and I'm freaking hyped.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm sorry if I made you feel any particular way in our disputes about the likelyhood of Erdrick. I truly just felt that E3 was make or break for him. I didn't think anyone who said he was coming was a liar or what not. I realize I might have said ''deluded." and those were harsh wordings.

Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones

D

Deleted member

I’m in Atlanta for a bit and I’ve already met 2 drunk people, and another person who I’m pretty sure was drunk.

More than I can handle. They were annoying as crap.

Shroob

Sup?
The best thing about all of this?

Until August at the earliest with a potential September Direct?

tenor.gif
THE LEAKS ARE GONE
tenor.gif

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
It's Starfox with dragons instead of Arwings and a more serious story. The game they showed off is a remake of the first, which came out on the Saturn in uh... 1995?

It's the first Saturn remake I can think of aside from NiGHTS and I'm freaking hyped.
Awesome! As far as I know, I've only played a single Sega Saturn game in some form, which probably wasn't the best representation of what the console could do. I'm definitely going to get this one - I'd love to play more games like Star Fox.

KMDP

Smash Legend

I wonder if SEGA took that questionnaire they had several months ago to heart.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Crono would still be pretty great - even if he's the least interesting playable character (not sure if you mean in terms of personality or abilities), the playable cast of Chrono Trigger is downright fantastic.

Plus, if we got Chrono Trigger, we'd get the music, which is as incredible as the cast. And, on a more humourous note, people would be able to make stages based on Never Gonna Give You Up with appropriate background music.
Oh, don't get me wrong, Crono would be great on his own. But could you imagine getting Frog in Smash? That'd be sick, and I think would get more people interested in Chrono Trigger than Crono could.

Shroob

Sup?

"Guys, Verge is buckling down on Steve again!! Says it's pretty much confirmed!!"
At this point, may as well take Verg's word as gospel.

His Minecraft boss ain't happening and it'll probably be a Mii Costume and maybe Spirit fight(Which, actually makes a lot of sense in the context of a "BOSS")

But the dude's been saying Erdrick since the start of the year, SE since September of last year, and was confident in Banjo.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well I'm done hyping Banjo for the night. I'm gonna go relax and focus on other things right now like hyping Erdrick lol.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Here we go again.
The “uuuummm” makes it seem like Viewtiful Joe will just be a Mii costume and nothing more

I’d like to be wrong tho

Its a clean slate

A fresh start

....until Verge starts backing Elma two days from now...
fixed it for you

Pls I have a mighty need

Last edited by a moderator:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'm sorry if I made you feel any particular way in our disputes about the likelyhood of Erdrick. I truly just felt that E3 was make or break for him. I didn't think anyone who said he was coming was a liar or what not. I realize I might have said ''deluded." and those were harsh wordings.

Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones
'Tis all good homie. I just needed to get that off my chest, because there's been a variety of dudes who have come out in...worse ways than you ever could have.

No worries, for real. I do appreciate the apology though. No hard feelings.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
While I still would’ve preferred a Bravely Default Rep, the DQ Heroes have started to grow on me a bit. I’m interested to see how he’ll play. Still not really into DQ as a whole.

But with Banjo’s reveal, my wishlist of somewhat realistic 3rd Party characters is almost complete.

And the one that’s missing is the girl you see in my profile pic.

I’m hopeful since a Namco Rep seems pretty plausible right now, but you never know with Smash. So we’ll just have to wait and see.

Also, happy birthday Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura !

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
At this point, may as well take Verg's word as gospel.

His Minecraft boss ain't happening and it'll probably be a Mii Costume and maybe Spirit fight(Which, actually makes a lot of sense in the context of a "BOSS"

But the dude's been saying Erdrick since the start of the year, SE since September of last year, and was confident in Banjo.
He's been predicting Minecraft content long before any of that though (May 2018), and he's still standing by that claim.

I dunno. He could still be right, but we only have two spots left, so the room for error is becoming increasingly smaller. I'm just not sure I can get behind that when he's doesn't even seem totally sure of it himself.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
He's been predicting Minecraft content long before any of that though (May 2018), and he's still standing by that claim.

I dunno. He could still be right, but we only have two spots left, so the room for error is becoming increasingly smaller. I'm just not sure I can get behind that when he's doesn't even seem totally sure of it himself.
To note, he's gone on record to mention he's never said Steve.

At this point, even a Mii costume is "Minecraft content".

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Here we go again.
Viewtiful Joe would be amazing - if we got a new Capcom character, it would be a tough call between him, Amaterasu, and Dante for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I can’t believe Banjo survived the Grinch massacre
Despite the struggle and pain. He was the one to survive it all. Someone who was probably supposed to be in since Melee, only to go to another console maker, has finally made it back.

Winning at low health.gif

People.

K. Rool came bacm from the dead first.

Irrelevance was a moot point when he was confirmed and has always been one since.

We can get ANY character so long as there is demand.
I'll hold out that hope still. Mega Man X can pull a Chrom one of these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom