• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
As for me, I got my most wanted with Inkling, and one of my wants with Isabelle, and I got the return of Pokemon Trainer, so that's good too.
But at the same time, Paper Mario, Isaac, and Starfy were killed, Maxwell isn't happening, so my last hope is Steve.

But I am content with the roster, and it even came with Hero, who is a character that I once had no interest in, into someone I want to try out, as well as his series.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Ok but are we gonna talk about the fact that

we’ll get Galeem/Dharkon-possessed/cloned alts for the characters barring (maybe) Kirby and the DLC???

I don’t gotta play through WoL countless times to stage the screenshots of my artistic vision(tm) anymore holla
I haven't heard of this.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Every character getting a 9th alt is kinda sus, ngl.
and a 10th if you count the fake clones Galeem/Dharkon make in their battles

But who knows maybe it’s something that’s like, only unlocked when you beat WoL the first time or something. Plus, certain characters like Kirby wouldn’t have those alts? Who knows

I haven't heard of this.
in Hero’s trailer, Robin has the Dharkon aura but he (she? I actually think it’s female Robin) is on the castlevania stage as opposed to Castle Siege where you fight the male one in his awakening

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1560299640304.png

Look forward to my latest piece of writing.
It's supposed to be "My Switch and I", so much hate.

Last edited by a moderator:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
and a 10th if you count the fake clones Galeem/Dharkon make in their battles

But who knows maybe it’s something that’s like, only unlocked when you beat WoL the first time or something. Plus, certain characters like Kirby wouldn’t have those alts? Who knows

in Hero’s trailer, Robin has the Dharkon aura but he (she? I actually think it’s female Robin) is on the castlevania stage as opposed to Castle Siege where you fight the male one in his awakening
Isn’t the dark aura and stuff just a thing that’s added on top of existing alts rather than an alt of its own, so it’d be more of a modifier you could mix and match with any costume in the game? Correct me if I’m wrong. Anyway though, it doesn’t necessarily mean much as this could just be them using dev tools to make the trailer. Having them as a selectable modifier could be a cool option though.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
You know

Since Nintendo is now abolishing crunch time for their employees, and if the pass sells extremely well, maybe Guidances can be patched in along the line?

maybe even new Snake codecs sans the Colonel as his character was retired after his Japanese VO’s death

Isn’t the dark aura and stuff just a thing that’s added on top of existing alts rather than an alt of its own, so it’d be more of a modifier you could mix and match with any costume in the game? Correct me if I’m wrong. Anyway though, it doesn’t necessarily mean much as this could just be them using dev tools to make the trailer. Having them as a selectable modifier could be a cool option though.
I mean some Spirits give colored auras (I figured some out: Green are stat boosts (often from eating), red are health connected (I.e. Undamaged attack boost) and blue is I guess everything else) but they’re not the same as the special WoL auras. That WAS a WoL aura right there.

Last edited:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
You know

Since Nintendo is now abolishing crunch time for their employees, and if the pass sells extremely well, maybe Guidances can be patched in along the line?

maybe even new Snake codecs sans the Colonel as his character was retired after his Japanese VO’s death
they'd still have to bring back the voice actors for the guidances which is a lot of money for a few lines

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
gameplay wise uh

hero looks pretty neat and actually probably gonna be hella hard in competitive cause of all the magic he can do

banjo to me just looks like joker, but now instead of gun its egg

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
gameplay wise uh

hero looks pretty neat and actually probably gonna be hella hard in competitive cause of all the magic he can do

As a Joker main, no, he plays differently than the bear.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
gameplay wise uh

how does banjo look anything like joker?

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
gameplay wise uh

tbh I'm almost in the same position as you
I find Hero to be the most interesting DLC addition so far with his magic potential. I might actually be using Hero the most out of every other DLC pick unless one of my most wanted picks miraculously gets in.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ahem

C7B88C6F-174D-465A-BFB6-A51F8644C2CD.png

Told y’all so

Even got the eyes

OH and originally Snake is under Galeem’s control in WoL so you can have a Galeem aura for say Zelda who is originally under Dharkon’s control in WoL

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
I mean some Spirits give colored auras (I figured some out: Green are stat boosts (often from eating), red are health connected (I.e. Undamaged attack boost) and blue is I guess everything else) but they’re not the same as the special WoL auras. That WAS a WoL aura right there.
That’s not what I’m talking about... I’m talking only about the WoL auras here. Aren’t they just a modifier for existing costumes, or are they actually coded as completely separate alts? If it’s the former, then it would just need to be some other kind of option separate from your normal alt pick (maybe as a little cheat code where you hold a button while selecting a character) and characters wouldn’t need 9th, ect. alts. Giving players these variations as completely separate alts would clutter up the costume selection, anyway.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
That’s not what I’m talking about... I’m talking only about the WoL auras here. Aren’t they just a modifier for existing costumes, or are they actually coded as completely separate alts? If it’s the former, then it would just need to be some other kind of option separate from your normal alt pick (maybe as a little cheat code where you hold a button while selecting a character) and characters wouldn’t need 9th, ect. alts. Giving players these variations as completely separate alts would clutter up the costume selection, anyway.
I guess we’ll find out when Hero drops?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
how does banjo look anything like joker?
generally fast with quick moves? check
fast-moving projectile with less knockback but with hitstun for maximum gimping? check
flying recovery? check
overhead swing f-smash that probably becomes a spammable kill move? check

if people can use it against anime swordsmen i will roll in my privilege to mock any similarities that i find :4pacman:

As a Joker main, no, he plays differently than the bear.
kirbsmash has banjo preinstalled on his switch guys

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Since I’m not currently creative enough for rhyming, I won’t do a full Guidance where Gruntilda crashes the one for Banjo but here’s a few lines I could see:
“Why is she just speaking in grunts? I can’t understand a word she’s saying!” 3A60A576-3DCD-48C7-9E27-962995D81427.png
7C56171E-156B-4AB7-8A96-189E156189A7.png “Just read the subtitles Pi-Oh. Right.

Also:
“No fair! Her portrait is just a floating head! Why does sh get more animation than us?! FA5D6EE1-2F9B-464A-B161-C37887A6413F.png

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace
fast-moving projectile with less knockback but with hitstun for maximum gimping? check
flying recovery? check

if people can use it against anime swordsmen i will roll in my privilege to mock any similarities that i find :4pacman:

Saying that banjo and joker are the same or even similar is genuinely so absurd

KMDP

Smash Legend
View attachment 227557
Look forward to my latest piece of writing.
It's supposed to be "My Switch and I", so much hate.
"I will make a fanfiction about me and my Switch" is grammatically correct.

The trick is taking out the third party, "I will make a fanfiction about me" is correct, "I will make a fanfiction about I" is not.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Since I’m not currently creative enough for rhyming, I won’t do a full Guidance where Gruntilda crashes the one for Banjo but here’s a few lines I could see:
“Why is she just speaking in grunts? I can’t understand a word she’s saying!”View attachment 227562
View attachment 227563“Just read the subtitles Pi-Oh. Right.

Also:
“No fair! Her portrait is just a floating head! Why does sh get more animation than us?!View attachment 227561
:ultpit:: I know! I’ll try speaking her language!
Hah hoo heh ha heh hoo ha

:ultpalutena:: Pit please you’re embarrassing yourself

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
flying recovery? check

joker in no way has a spammable f-smash lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom