• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace
thats my first impressions of it dawg, i've seen the trailer for it like 5 times

burn me at the stake
That’s fair, it just at a face value seems like such a stretch to even say, like that’s the same of when people were saying Diddy and bowser jr were the same back in 4, it just seems like a huuuuuge stretch to me

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So I had to step away from the internet to finish our seventh episode. (So far I think people like it. Hell yeah.)

What'd I miss? :4pacman:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Honestly, it's pretty bad if you want to spam it since it's unsafe on shield and starts up kinda slow.
me: :GCA::GCR:

you: lol what a dummy imma punish him with this sick smash attack

also me planning everything the whole time: :GCB::GCD:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
generally fast with quick moves? check
fast-moving projectile with less knockback but with hitstun for maximum gimping? check
flying recovery? check
overhead swing f-smash that probably becomes a spammable kill move? check

if people can use it against anime swordsmen i will roll in my privilege to mock any similarities that i find :4pacman:
I personally imagine that Banjo will have a bit of a heavier feel to him by comparison, but IDK.

The more rapid firing mode for eggs seems more similar to how one would strafe around firing a Ray Gun / Steel Diver / ect. than how Joker runs around firing bullets, although I can see how their ability to zone horizontally would be similar. The fact that he also has a throwable item projectile that normally falls near him, vaguely similar to a Snake grenade dropped near himself, means he can be a bit campier in general, though.

I wonder how well the gold feathers work for breaking out of dangerous situations, or if they’re more of a casual play oriented move that you’d use to crash through groups of opponents.

Last edited:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
So basically what I'm gathering is that Update 4.0.0 (which I'm guessing will be middle of June at the earliest since summer starts there) is gonna be pretty interesting because
  • DQ Heroes become playable
  • Galeem/Dharkon puppet themed alts for characters
  • Maybe Homerun contest
  • Other neat ****

D

Deleted member

So I had to step away from the internet to finish our seventh episode. (So far I think people like it. Hell yeah.)

Banjo is in Smash, I have to stay in this avatar until July 9th, and I have to write a fanfiction about me and my Switch.
The "Hero" are in Smash too. ( Four Dragon Quest Characters )

Other cool stuff, like a BOTW Sequel, FF7 remake and more.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
And I thought staindgrey staindgrey would be over the floor due to new Panzer Dragoon even if remake.
I AM AND YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE WHO REMEMBERED.

I couldn't watch the Xbox E3 until today. I'm so psyched for Panzer Dragoon, Phantasy Star, Gears 5, Banjo, The Hero, Luigi's Mansion, Link's Awakening, BotW getting the Majors's Mask treatment, and, yes, Resident Evil 5 Mercs on the go.

Also pretty sold on Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Square Enix's Avengers game.

But seriously, Phantasy Star and Panzer Dragoon were the highlights for me by far.

KMDP

Smash Legend

All the things.

My hype levels for CTR have reached fever pitch.

Tawna!
Isabella, Ami, Megumi and Liz!
Spyro the Dragon!
Baby T!
Baby Crash and Baby Coco!

D

Deleted member

I kinda feel for the Geno fans. All these long standing fan request from back from the start are now complete. Save them.
Truth be told, now that Dragon Quest is in, I'm pushing 60% for Geno as the next Square character. God damn does that boy have potential

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Truth be told, now that Dragon Quest is in, I'm pushing 60% for Geno as the next Square character. God damn does that boy have potential
Me but with Neku. Season 2 lesgo, I need those bangers and fast paced Psych action

Still say a Bamco character should be next, they’re helping develop the game so they deserve it

D

Deleted member

i needed to test, so I drew the guh-huh bear himself.
1560301531462.png

KMDP

Smash Legend
Sorry Bolder.

But there's only room for one "Next Square Character" in my heart.

...You could say my heart is locked.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I AM AND YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE WHO REMEMBERED.

I couldn't watch the Xbox E3 until today. I'm so psyched for Panzer Dragoon, Phantasy Star, Gears 5, Banjo, The Hero, Luigi's Mansion, Link's Awakening, BotW getting the Majors's Mask treatment, and, yes, Resident Evil 5 Mercs on the go.

Also pretty sold on Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Square Enix's Avengers game.

But seriously, Phantasy Star and Panzer Dragoon were the highlights for me by far.
I've never played Panzer Dragoon before, but the trailer definitely has me interested. It's like Star Fox 64, right? That's what I gathered from the gameplay and what I've heard about that series, anyway.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
So now that Banjo is in Smash, is Microsoft actually gonna revive him with a new game or are they going to leave him as is?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Dunno if he may have this but I think it’d be cool if Banjo had a Namco Roulette like taunt where he summons various collectibles from his games with their jingles like the eggs, red and gold feathers, notes, honeycomb, etc.

D

Deleted member

Not gonna lie, I'd rather have another generic Mario character like PP before him. I've played the game, but I'm not seeing him the same way as others do.
Conceptually he's cool, I like his design, he was the best party member in the game, he represents the first Mario RPG, and a bit of nostalgia. That's why I'd like him.

Sorry Bolder.

But there's only room for one "Next Square Character" in my heart.

...You could say my heart is locked.
TBH, this whole Erdrick thing left me with a lot of knowledge on a couple of cool Square brands. I'd be down for Sora, Crono, and Geno. Neku would get my brother hype so I'll throw him into the pile too.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I just replayed Sonic Mania, but this time I got the DLC pack with it....

and WOW. It's crazy to think how I'm blown away all over again, but I am...

To be honest, Mania is now in the running for my favorite GAME of all time. It's definitely my favorite Sonic game of all time, but with the loving care in the level design and game modes that are clearly seen in all features...dang, I flippin' love this game.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I haven't had a lot of time to talk here today, but I want to just say a few things at a few different points. I'm probably going to make an arena to celebrate later on but I've got a few things to say.

I want to get one thing out of the way, I'm going to put it in a spoiler, ok? Ok.

This is now the second time that I've been not only disagreed with, but vehemently disagreed with over the outcome of this game. It's not as if I'm planning on holding any of that against anybody.

However, there have been a few times where folks have been *****. Not just here, but among the Smash community. I don't lie when I say what I've heard. I'm not that type of person. I actively struggle to come up with lies, so imagine coming up with lies about my favorite game.

When I've said certain things are happening, I don't actually have to share that. I share it not only because I think it's important for discussion, but also so that people don't get their hopes up.

I'll be avoiding the reveal of my sources. I'm not asking for unquestioned respect, because that's dumb. I'm simply asking that rather than assuming I'm bull**** or looking for attention, consider where I'm coming from. I said Box Theory was real and to only expect two characters, mainly because of sources or reasons. I was told I was stupid, ended up right, was able to brag. This time, while I was wrong personally about Banjo (I'm glad I was), I told you that Erdrick was happening. I added personal speculation that Luminary could be at least one of the skins. I was told basically that "the future is now old man" and that I was delusional to think that he would still be coming. As if I'm easily fooled by people I put trust in, or have no idea what I'm talking about.

As it turns out, I was right again, despite what people told me about the information I was willing to share, as somebody who isn't even a leaker, and was effectively spoken down to because I apparently was "just some kind of leaker".

No offense, but **** off with that. I love talking Smash, and I actually like sticking around this thread because Smash is fun to play and talk about. However, I would appreciate at least some sort of. I'm not really here for popularity, though I feel as though that's something I've gotten through becoming a meme.

Whatever, just needed to get this off my chest.

On the Direct, and Smash stuff:

Hyped for Luigi's Mansion 3, Animal Crossing, BOTW sequel. I noticed that the Three Houses trailer confirmed that leak, Link's Awakening looks pretty legit...for me, Smash stole the show.

I still cannot get over the fact that Banjo is in, but I'm incredibly glad he is. It's given me the feeling that of when I was a kid and played Banjo-Kazooie regularly. Though I never played Tooie, I feel as if this was a pick that I never realized...just how much I wanted it. Better yet, I think I wanted it this whole time, but because I told myself it would never happen, I stopped believing in it happening. It feels amazing. I can't wait for this character to debut in a game that they should have been in from the beginning.

After the presentation in the February Direct, I basically knew that Dragon Quest was getting Erdrick, which I could also base on the information I'd heard. I was very much impressed with the trailer, and I felt as a gamer that hasn't played Dragon Quest before, that the character has been treated with incredible amounts of care. I'm very much excited to eventually play Dragon Quest 11, after I trade in the PS4 copy I own for my future copy of the Switch game.

While I'm not quite over these two characters yet...I actually can't wait to try the Hero, and I still can't believe that Banjo was revealed today, I can't help but wonder what we might be looking at going forward. I've talked with personal/local friends today, and they actually told me the same thing I thought, without even saying it.

That Resident Evil Section of the Direct seemed, in a few ways, similar to the section on Dragon Quest XI back in February. It was a special segment to a series/game that hadn't had as large of a presence until recently, and it was more or less praised...at least as I remember it. I have to watch the Direct again.

At this point I feel like Leon will be a Capcom DLC character with alts of Chris Redfield, with a Raccoon City stage. This isn't just me saying this, but while I don't have anything credible related to "leaks" or anything of that sort, I really do get a feeling the series is coming our way.

I'm not sure who gets picked yet with Namco, but that's for another time. I'm kinda thinking Mii Theory could have something to it (not to mention I suggested it in my Smashboards article), but I think the clincher will come from 4.0 and the Hero.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
You know what would’ve been a cool detail for the Spiral Mountain stage?

Having Items that spawn on the stage sometimes randomly have googly eyes attached to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom