• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Actually, speaking to the "Minecraft content", I think I know exactly what it's going to be.

When they get to the 5.0 Update and add Banjo-Kazooie (can't believe I just typed that), they'll go over the different costumes you can also buy. Minecraft could actually be one of those, and the selfish part of me hopes that Master Chief gets a gunner outfit for the memes.

That would also uphold Mii Theory, by the way.

Shroob

Sup?
I, for one, welcome the fact that we know jack **** about the remaining 2 characters and only have a yet to be proven theory as a potential nudge.

Even though a lot of us are pointing fingers at Capcom and Namco right now....

At least it's not Erdrick is Brave discussion anymore

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I AM AND YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE WHO REMEMBERED.

I couldn't watch the Xbox E3 until today. I'm so psyched for Panzer Dragoon, Phantasy Star, Gears 5, Banjo, The Hero, Luigi's Mansion, Link's Awakening, BotW getting the Majors's Mask treatment, and, yes, Resident Evil 5 Mercs on the go.

Also pretty sold on Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Square Enix's Avengers game.

But seriously, Phantasy Star and Panzer Dragoon were the highlights for me by far.
Glad to see you enjoyed. I recommend reading the below because the thread here talked about it earlier but resident evil getting represented seems pretty possible right now.
I haven't had a lot of time to talk here today, but I want to just say a few things at a few different points. I'm probably going to make an arena to celebrate later on but I've got a few things to say.

I want to get one thing out of the way, I'm going to put it in a spoiler, ok? Ok.

This is now the second time that I've been not only disagreed with, but vehemently disagreed with over the outcome of this game. It's not as if I'm planning on holding any of that against anybody.

However, there have been a few times where folks have been *****. Not just here, but among the Smash community. I don't lie when I say what I've heard. I'm not that type of person. I actively struggle to come up with lies, so imagine coming up with lies about my favorite game.

When I've said certain things are happening, I don't actually have to share that. I share it not only because I think it's important for discussion, but also so that people don't get their hopes up.

I'll be avoiding the reveal of my sources. I'm not asking for unquestioned respect, because that's dumb. I'm simply asking that rather than assuming I'm bull**** or looking for attention, consider where I'm coming from. I said Box Theory was real and to only expect two characters, mainly because of sources or reasons. I was told I was stupid, ended up right, was able to brag. This time, while I was wrong personally about Banjo (I'm glad I was), I told you that Erdrick was happening. I added personal speculation that Luminary could be at least one of the skins. I was told basically that "the future is now old man" and that I was delusional to think that he would still be coming. As if I'm easily fooled by people I put trust in, or have no idea what I'm talking about.

As it turns out, I was right again, despite what people told me about the information I was willing to share, as somebody who isn't even a leaker, and was effectively spoken down to because I apparently was "just some kind of leaker".

No offense, but **** off with that. I love talking Smash, and I actually like sticking around this thread because Smash is fun to play and talk about. However, I would appreciate at least some sort of. I'm not really here for popularity, though I feel as though that's something I've gotten through becoming a meme.

Whatever, just needed to get this off my chest.

On the Direct, and Smash stuff:

Hyped for Luigi's Mansion 3, Animal Crossing, BOTW sequel. I noticed that the Three Houses trailer confirmed that leak, Link's Awakening looks pretty legit...for me, Smash stole the show.

I still cannot get over the fact that Banjo is in, but I'm incredibly glad he is. It's given me the feeling that of when I was a kid and played Banjo-Kazooie regularly. Though I never played Tooie, I feel as if this was a pick that I never realized...just how much I wanted it. Better yet, I think I wanted it this whole time, but because I told myself it would never happen, I stopped believing in it happening. It feels amazing. I can't wait for this character to debut in a game that they should have been in from the beginning.

After the presentation in the February Direct, I basically knew that Dragon Quest was getting Erdrick, which I could also base on the information I'd heard. I was very much impressed with the trailer, and I felt as a gamer that hasn't played Dragon Quest before, that the character has been treated with incredible amounts of care. I'm very much excited to eventually play Dragon Quest 11, after I trade in the PS4 copy I own for my future copy of the Switch game.

While I'm not quite over these two characters yet...I actually can't wait to try the Hero, and I still can't believe that Banjo was revealed today, I can't help but wonder what we might be looking at going forward. I've talked with personal/local friends today, and they actually told me the same thing I thought, without even saying it.

That Resident Evil Section of the Direct seemed, in a few ways, similar to the section on Dragon Quest XI back in February. It was a special segment to a series/game that hadn't had as large of a presence until recently, and it was more or less praised...at least as I remember it. I have to watch the Direct again.

At this point I feel like Leon will be a Capcom DLC character with alts of Chris Redfield, with a Raccoon City stage. This isn't just me saying this, but while I don't have anything credible related to "leaks" or anything of that sort, I really do get a feeling the series is coming our way.

I'm not sure who gets picked yet with Namco, but that's for another time. I'm kinda thinking Mii Theory could have something to it (not to mention I suggested it in my Smashboards article), but I think the clincher will come from 4.0 and the Hero.
Well first, hopefully I didn’t come off as rude in our discussions althougg
I think we both were pretty civil with them.

Back to the resident evil stuff, I’ve been watching a few direct reactions all the way today. And resident evil is pretty signaled out.

Out of ever game in that direct they could have chosen, they specifically request you play resident evil. A game not even made by them. That’s a prettt big reveal in all honestly.

I’m not going to be shocked and would be pretty hyped if RE does get a rep

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I, for one, welcome the fact that we know jack **** about the remaining 2 characters and only have a yet to be proven theory as a potential nudge.

Even though a lot of us are pointing fingers at Capcom and Namco right now....

At least it's not Erdrick is Brave discussion anymore
Erdrick wasn't brave though, Hero was

massive difference, everyone was wrong

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
So all characters are getting Galeem/Dharkon costumes?
Please yes. I would play those alts in a heartbeat.

Is one of those my boi shredding it on the rails? :yoshi:
Holy **** that’s right, I forgot that Tokyo 2020 was a thing.

Hopefully they show it off in Treehouse tomorrow.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
To note, he's gone on record to mention he's never said Steve.

At this point, even a Mii costume is "Minecraft content".
Steve or not, I don't know why Minecraft content wasn't revealed today alongside Banjo, considering how they're both from Microsoft. The most likely scenario at this point is a costume or a Spirit, but even then it seems awfully weird that he'd hear about something so small and insignificant before Erdrick or Banjo, two actual characters.

I feel like Minecraft is Verge's "Chorus Kids". He's gotten a ton of stuff right and proven himself reliable, but in the end, he wasn't perfect. it's not a done deal yet, but every form of Minecraft content aside from a character just doesn't make sense in my head.

Ivander

Smash Legend
The “uuuummm” makes it seem like Viewtiful Joe will just be a Mii costume and nothing more

I’d like to be wrong tho
I could easily see V.Joe as a Brawler costume.

That said, I'd certainly wouldn't mind Joe as a character. But I'm biased toward Monster Hunter or Amaterasu.

Shroob

Sup?
Steve or not, I don't know why Minecraft content wasn't revealed today alongside Banjo, considering how they're both from Microsoft. The most likely scenario at this point is a costume or a Spirit, but even then it seems awfully weird that he'd hear about something so small and insignificant before Erdrick or Banjo, two actual characters.

I feel like Minecraft is Verge's "Chorus Kids". He's gotten a ton of stuff right and proven himself reliable, but in the end, he wasn't perfect. it's not a done deal yet, but every form of Minecraft content aside from a character just doesn't make sense in my head.
We didn't get to see the Chocobo hat or Geno Mii Costume either despite Hero.

Patience.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Glad to see you enjoyed. I recommend reading the below because the thread here talked about it earlier but resident evil getting represented seems pretty possible right now.

Well first, hopefully I didn’t come off as rude in our discussions althougg
I think we both were pretty civil with them.

Back to the resident evil stuff, I’ve been watching a few direct reactions all the way today. And resident evil is pretty signaled out.

Out of ever game in that direct they could have chosen, they specifically request you play resident evil. A game not even made by them. That’s a prettt big reveal in all honestly.

I’m not going to be shocked and would be pretty hyped if RE does get a rep
As with Tree Gelbman Tree Gelbman , you guys were mostly tame. Specifically, our discussion recently was absolutely fine at least in my mind. You're all good, my dude!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
You know, now that I think about it

This was the best plan to ensure we get more DLC, by having Hero (hot in Japan) and Banjo (popular in the West) as DLC, that **** finna sell like hot cakes for both regions respectively

But it’ll still make money regardless and Nintendo will be like “holy cow! They really like it! WE NEED MORE!”

Here’s to hoping I suppose

Also why was my last post mod edited? Didn’t have any swearing in it from what I could tell

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I am hungry for more information.
I just want them to open Banjo's page.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

Patience.
Assuming they even return, but I suppose we'll just have to wait.

For now though, despite all that's happened, I'm not sure I expect any Minecraft content to be in Ultimate. It's hard to believe Nintendo would be negotiating the rights for a Mii costume or Spirit close to a year and a half before they'd be officially revealed. It's a character or bust for me.

Wouldn't mind being wrong though.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Patience.
Still low key hoping that they don’t bring back geno’s costume so I can hold on to hope that he can finally come on

D

Deleted member

Finally got the chance to listen to the Spiral Mountain remix, ****'s a banger. I love the little stingers for other level themes like Mayhem Temple and Rusty Bucket Bay sprinkled in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Assuming they even return, but I suppose we'll just have to wait.

For now though, despite all that's happened, I'm not sure I expect any Minecraft content to be in Ultimate. It's hard to believe Nintendo would be negotiating the rights for a Mii costume or Spirit close to a year and a half before they'd be officially revealed. It's a character or bust for me.

Wouldn't mind being wrong though.
They didn't reveal any details beyond the playable characters at best. They didn't even directly state the stage names. If something is coming, we're not supposed to know more yet. We'll find out later during the next Smash/Nintendo direct. There's a lot of time to come up. Like, Erdrick is in around a month, perhaps. Summer 2019 is right now. Maybe two months.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Ok so in the Banjo trailer when you see his silhouette in the sky right before clonking Duck Hunt on the head, you can see banjo carrying something, for a split second I was worried that he was holding a wrench and that his move set would be based on Nuts and Bolts

D

Deleted member

Nah it was gonna be some smash memes, Yamper and (the new purple boi on the block) Impidimp

But I might sneak a lil sumthin in there
“Smash memes.”

You mean I get to see Guh-huh!” in your style? /s

Noipoi

Howdy!
Ok so in the Banjo trailer when you see his silhouette in the sky right before clonking Duck Hunt on the head, you can see banjo carrying something, for a split second I was worried that he was holding a wrench and that his move set would be based on Nuts and Bolts
Nah man he was holding a Banjo so he can yee haw while he kicks your ass

D

Deleted member

Nah man he was holding a Banjo so he can yee haw while he kicks your ***
If he was based off nuts and bolts I would have stopped watching the stream. /s

no but seriously his nuts and bolts design is crap and smash bros did it right

Shroob

Sup?
If he was based off nuts and bolts I would have stopped watching the stream. /s

no but seriously his nuts and bolts design is crap and smash bros did it right
Smash makes everyone look nice.

They fixed Ken spontaneously growing bananas where his hair should be.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
You know, now that I think about it

This was the best plan to ensure we get more DLC, by having Hero (hot in Japan) and Banjo (popular in the West) as DLC, that **** finna sell like hot cakes for both regions respectively

But it’ll still make money regardless and Nintendo will be like “holy cow! They really like it! WE NEED MORE!”

Here’s to hoping I suppose

Also why was my last post mod edited? Didn’t have any swearing in it from what I could tell
I think this is likely their mindset and both characters basically sold this pass imo. If we get Leon Or Wright it’s practically over sales wise. Only time will tell though.

And happy birthday by the way!

D

Deleted member

Can’t wait for the Eggman feet pics.

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Calling it

• We get Home-Run Contest with The Hero's patch.
  • We get a Minecraft stage with lots of Minecraft content with Banjo's patch (the Minecraft stage would be paid DLC outside the Fight Pass).
  • We get DLC content for Spirit modes with either The Hero or Banjo & Kazooie (or both)

BTW my GOODNESS it feels good to say that like they're in after all these years; I've wanted a DQ Hero since Smash 4 speculation and Banjo since Smash 64

Lastly... I got another big hot take prediction I will share in a bit.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Does anyone know when the 3.1 warning or whatever ends?

I'm not expecting Hero until much later this month or July but basically any day after that period is over is fair game.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Don't forget to shill for your favorites as hard as you can guys. It got us Ridley, K.Rool, Mega Man, Sonic, Cloud, Dark Samus, Chrom, and Banjo.

WinPose.gif

As long as there's hope you can change the future.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom