• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

No it wont.

Speculation will never go barren.

For as long as there are characters to add.
I mean, at least for news and leaks, definitely.

Look how much of a drought of smash info we've had up until today, and that was with Erdrick and Banjo being either leaked, heavily discussed, or both. We likely won't have any leads for the remaining two.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So, until the next news for the next DLC characters come, who's ready to go through another news drought?
That's exactly what I want.

We got TWO characters announced today. I don't want to be in discussions about the next character until Banjo-Kazooie is released or close to it.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So how does Banjo's reveal to Smash affect Steve's and Master Chief's chances?

How does Hero's chances affect any other Square Enix rep's chances?

Do any of those characters still have a shot? What do you all think?

D

Deleted member

Gotta say, Banjo for some reason gave me a feeling similar to Ryotsu from Kochikame which I find amusing.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982

While it does not rule them out (except Chief due to Frankie) I do not expect them to make an appearance outside of a Mii costume appearance. I do not see them adding two characters from the same company for business reasons. But who knows?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I don't think this really a hot take anymore, most people seem to be fully on the RE train already, me too because it makes a lot of sense.

Honestly the only way I see Phoenix or Dante getting in over a RE character is if Sakurai already has really had a good idea for their move sets or that Phoenix and Dante really punched above their weights in the ballot. Possible, but unlikely for that to happen.
Well...
  1. 1. Phoenix Wright has a decent (not great) moveset in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3.
  2. 2. Dante has an amazing moveset in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and MvC: Infinite (both are basically just his Devil May Cry 3 moveset translated to a fighting game), and his Devil May Cry 5 moveset is the most comprehensive and spectacularly deep and varied and full moveset I've seen in a 3D hack 'n' slash game.
  3. Every Capcom character that matters automatically has a good moveset due to the various Vs. series (including the 3 in Smash already) and those games are awesome and most of them are awesome in them (seriously folks, play the Capcom Vs. games, they're Godlike; actually just play Tag Fighters in general, BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle + Dragon Ball FighterZ are insanely fun).

But in spite of that. Resident Evil is the pick.

"Leon in Resident Evil 4 (with a bit of MvC RE characters + other games [namely 5] sprinkled in)" and you got a golden character. It works as well as anything else. It's simple yet refined. And it's something the Capcom Vs. series fans have actually clamored for for years now (it's probably gonna happen in Marvel vs. Capcom 4 as well).

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Chief was disconfirmed for this pass.

I'd say Steve went a bit lower, since there's a pretty fair chance he's a costume or spirit. Not that we can't get two Microsoft characters. Or even standalone DLC.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Zinith Zinith I don't know if this will make you mad, but I think Banjo & Kazooie's eggs will be better in Smash Bros. Ultimate than Yoshi's eggs will ever be. :troll:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

If the Mii costume theory holds out, then I think it’s safe to say that another Square rep or Microsoft/Rare rep isn’t happening.

We have to wait and see what costumes come with Hero and Banjo.

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
there's virtually no way i can be more hype for a reveal after banjo now

the great thing about smash, though, is i said the same thing about both shulk and ridley's reveal, and i can't wait to see how they up this. banjo's set is put together so lovingly!! it warms this heart

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Chief was disconfirmed for this pass.

I'd say Steve went a bit lower, since there's a pretty fair chance he's a costume or spirit. Not that we can't get two Microsoft characters. Or even standalone DLC.
I swear I heard this before but I recalled the whole Chief disconfirming was debunked. I don't remember where but that's what I recall. Though I could perhaps be wrong and misinterpreting it for something else.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If the costumes for Square are mysteriously missing or different. I think Geno is wrapping up the show. That's legit the only way I think Sakurai can end the game that has been ''Here's every fan want you've ever wanted and some you didn't even know you wanted/needed."

There's no one out there that has the mass ''OH MY GOD FINALLY. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT."

Though I have a feeling one of the reps is Resident Evil for sure.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Banjo is a Nintendo franchise and character (who debuted in a Nintendo series and his series debuted exclusively on a Nintendo console while his company was mostly owned by Nintendo) who just happens to be owned by Microsoft.

That's one specific situation that is unique. No other non-Rare character is like that.

It's very much Apples and Ackee (the rarest fruit known to man).
No... no I don't think that's right.

Just because Banjo has a big history with Nintendo doesn't mean he had an edge at all. Cloud... Joker... Snake. All of them were far more known for their Playstation status, but they got in due to popularity (or personal request in Brawl's Snake). Phoenix Wright's series, up until recently, was never on a competitor's console outside of mobile ports (bad ones might I add), so by that logic, he's basically confirmed.

Banjo got in through sheer fan demand. Don't you dare deny that. He's a third party character now, and that means he has to follow Microsoft's rules. I'm not saying a Resi character can't happen (and honestly, now I expect it), but all I was saying was that point 5 was weak in comparison and is more speculation. My perspective doesn't include that.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So, in terms of hype, I doubt anything else from this game will top the hype I had for Inkling. Not Isaac, not Paper Mario, not even Steve.
And if someone somehow tops that, then color me shocked.

Although part of that hype probably had to do with it also being a Smash reveal.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I mean, at least for news and leaks, definitely.

Look how much of a drought of smash info we've had up until today, and that was with Erdrick and Banjo being either leaked, heavily discussed, or both. We likely won't have any leads for the remaining two.
I dont have any idea what youre talking about.

Are you being sarcastic? The internet was ablaze with rumored leaks, and that included Erdrick and Banjo, who we got.

It was a month and a half ago we got a Smash drop of info for Joker.

None of your claims are factually true, at all.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I swear I heard this before but I recalled the whole Chief disconfirming was debunked. I don't remember where but that's what I recall. Though I could perhaps be wrong and misinterpreting it for something else.
For Frank, yes. He's known for ****posting. There's enough possibility to not take him too seriously. Under NDA, he can deny someone in(though that depends the NDA specifics). 343 came out with the same exact statement, saying Chief is pretty much not in the Fighter's Pass using vague terms that were very context-specific.

Both combined pretty much is saying he's not in the current FP.

I do agree to not take it too seriously due to the NDA factor, though. Even then, there's really little reason to believe both are lying.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
No... no I don't think that's right.

Just because Banjo has a big history with Nintendo doesn't mean he had an edge at all. Cloud... Joker... Snake. All of them were far more known for their Playstation status, but they got in due to popularity (or personal request in Brawl's Snake). Phoenix Wright's series, up until recently, was never on a competitor's console outside of mobile ports (bad ones might I add), so by that logic, he's basically confirmed.

Banjo got in through sheer fan demand. Don't you dare deny that. He's a third party character now, and that means he has to follow Microsoft's rules. I'm not saying a Resi character can't happen (and honestly, now I expect it), but all I was saying was that point 5 was weak in comparison and is more speculation. My perspective doesn't include that.
The mobile ports have an issue or two (mostly in Rise from the Ashes) otherwise they are solid?

D

Deleted member

I dont have any idea what youre talking about.

Are you being sarcastic? The internet was ablaze with rumored leaks, and that included Erdrick and Banjo, who we got.

It was a month and a half ago we got a Smash drop of info for Joker.

None of your claims are factually true, at all.
...did you miss the big block of time we went without any smash news?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
So, in terms of hype, I doubt anything else from this game will top the hype I had for Inkling. Not Isaac, not Paper Mario, not even Steve.
And if someone somehow tops that, then color me shocked.

Although part of that hype probably had to do with it also being a Smash reveal.
Yeah... also, how they revealed Inkling was super rad. I think the fire in the eyes would have been a better recurring motif than the opening slash we got from Smash 4.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
For Frank, yes. He's known for ****posting. There's enough possibility to not take him too seriously. Under NDA, he can deny someone in(though that depends the NDA specifics). 343 came out with the same exact statement, saying Chief is pretty much not in the Fighter's Pass using vague terms that were very context-specific.

Both combined pretty much is saying he's not in the current FP.

I do agree to not take it too seriously due to the NDA factor, though. Even then, there's really little reason to believe both are lying.
Ah gotcha then. Thanks clearing that up. I wasn't sure.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I was with a friend, so I had no time to write my reactions here, but I'll try to sum it up right now.

I'm overall quite disappointed by Nintendo's E3...
I have absolutely no interest in Banjo or Dragon Quest so the Smash announcement were quite disappointing for me, but Smash aside, the overall conference was a bit sad for me.
A lot of portings and remakes, announcements of already announced stuff, and little to no new stuff. The small 10 seconds of hype came when they announced the dungeon maker mode in Link's Awakening, and that's all. Breath of the Wild sequel... cool, if not that I didn't like the first one at all; and they even wasted some time talking about Pokèmon when we had a Pokèmon conference right some days ago.

I dunno... they said that there are more games that will be announced soon, so maybe they will announce something that interests me in September... this direct just failed to hype me, it left me with delusion instead.

If anything, the menu mechanics of the Hero from DQ seems interesting gameplay-wise... but really, any RPG character could have had that, even Cloud... Why not using a similar gimmick for Young Link and the masks? Or the ocarina songs? meh... I'm still not fully convinced if to buy Smash or not when I will get a Switch, I'm just not interested enough, I doubt the last 2 newcomer will convince me unless they are Adeleine and Karate Joe, or so (I know they will most likely be 3rd party character I care absolutely nothing of, just like the other 3).

Sorry for the rant.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I was with a friend, so I had no time to write my reactions here, but I'll try to sum it up right now.

I have absolutely no interest in Banjo or Dragon Quest so the Smash announcement were quite disappointing for me, but Smash aside, the overall conference was a bit sad for me.
A lot of portings and remakes, announcements of already announced stuff, and little to no new stuff. The small 10 seconds of hype came when they announced the dungeon maker mode in Link's Awakening, and that's all. Breath of the Wild sequel... cool, if not that I didn't like the first one at all; and they even wasted some time talking about Pokèmon when we had a Pokèmon conference right some days ago.

I dunno... they said that there are more games that will be announced soon, so maybe they will announce something that interests me in September... this direct just failed to hype me, it left me with delusion instead.

If anything, the menu mechanics of the Hero from DQ seems interesting gameplay-wise... but really, any RPG character could have had that, even Cloud... Why not using a similar gimmick for Young Link and the masks? Or the ocarina songs? meh... I'm still not fully convinced if to buy Smash or not when I will get a Switch, I'm just not interested enough, I doubt the last 2 newcomer will convince me unless they are Adeleine and Karate Joe, or so (I know they will most likely be 3rd party character I care absolutely nothing of, just like the other 3).

Sorry for the rant.
Hey nothing to be sorry about. That's your opinion and nothing more. People have different opinions and tastes and that's what makes the world a more unique place. Not everything is for everyone you know. ;)

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982

Sorry for the rant.
They did say they were focusing on what's to come this year. I went with no expectations and enjoyed it.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Taking my personal bias out, Geno's the only one that'd match Banjo's hype. I personally never got it with that character, but there's no denying he's been that major "Never Ever" character people are still waiting for, even more so than Isaac or Waluigi who also have quite a few requests.

On a personal level, as always, Mega Man X/EXE, Jin Kazama and Ryu Hayabusa are the main characters I'd really want.

But given how much I like the base roster, there's a ton of other characters they could add and I'd still be happy.

At this point, I just want to fight with Banjo. He looks like a fun character.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Joker and Heros reviels are the only thing making Layton not showing up feel not that bad.

cant say much about Banjo because Im not intrested or care about him but Joker and Hero help me not feel so bad about Layton being a no show. Id still love layton tho, sakurai

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Taking my personal bias out, Geno's the only one that'd match Banjo's hype. I personally never got it with that character, but there's no denying he's been that major "Never Ever" character people are still waiting for, even more so than Isaac or Waluigi who also have quite a few requests.

On a personal level, as always, Mega Man X/EXE, Jin Kazama and Ryu Hayabusa are the main characters I'd really want.

But given how much I like the base roster, there's a ton of other characters they could add and I'd still be happy.

At this point, I just want to fight with Banjo. He looks like a fun character.
Damn fair point there. I apparently overlooked Geno actually. Now that you mention it I'll argue that Geno arguably is probably the only character who comes to mind that might at least match Banjo in terms of hype and reveal.

Still rooting for Geno's supporters that somewhat or somehow he will make the cut. Plus he'd be an unique character I'd like to see how he plays out given the moveset he could have. :)

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I think he means reveals.

Between Joker and Hero/Banjo was half a year of wait.
Reveals are not the same as no news.
He said there was no news.
And statistically, with E3 being a strong likelihood for two characters, there was only room for one character reveal beforehand.

We had reveals in December.
PP in Feb.
Joker in April.
And now two.

I think the phrase 'information drought' is an emotional way to communicate what isnt true. We went a long time without a reveal, yes- thats what happens when we have 14 months for five characters, with one event in the year nearly requiring multiple reveals.

And to a further point, the inital comments to which I was responding posed that there could be no more speculation, as if we did not still have at least two more reveals.

It just isnt logical.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I just can't imagine whoever could be next. I honestly don't think anyone at this point can top Banjo's reveal. Not even K. Rool's and Ridley's reveal comes anywhere close to it.

Still predicting an Lloyd Irving and an Resident Evil rep as the final two.

Who do you guys think the final two characters are? Do you also agree that no one at this point is gonna be able to top Banjo?
Well that's subjective and all given personal opinion but yeah I believe Banjo can't be topped. It's something the fanbase has wanted since the days of Melee like Ridley & K.Rool. Ultimate truly is fanservice incarnate.

As for who I think the last two are, my bet is a 1st party character and Leon Kennedy from Resident Evil. I feel RE is very likely to be on the pass although I have less confidence in a 1st party character.

I also believe Kasumi will be added as a free Echo Fighter for those who purchased Joker and Jill Valentine will be an Echo Fighter for Leon Kennedy.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
While it does not rule them out (except Chief due to Frankie) I do not expect them to make an appearance outside of a Mii costume appearance. I do not see them adding two characters from the same company for business reasons. But who knows?
I hope this isnt true.

I want Steve.
I want Rayman and Ezio.
I want Crash and Spyro.
I want Sora and Lara Croft.

I also have hope for more than the one fighters pass, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom