• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Been lurking for a few minutes, guess I might as well put in my two cents before I disappear again;
I'm not at all hyped for Byleth. But it's dlc so I don't have to buy it anyway. I've said my reasoning for this before but i'll say it again, fire emblem seems to get a lot of love compared to other good games like kirby or zelda which have lots of good potential characters. Makes me sad seeing all the cool zelda guys as at's. But anyway, hopefully this may lead to some new nintendo bois in the next pass. Glad some of you are happy with the character tho. Plus six more characters kind of makes up for it anyway :U One more thing. Certain people need to stop acting like children, it's a video game. Just for fun, yeah? c:

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Speaking of Joker, I never expected for the normal teens in persona to be soo....

Lanky as it was in Smash.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
That description fits Pokemon Trainer though. Are you saying Pokemon is anim-

Wait a minute.
I mean, Smash Ultimate Pokemon Trainer doesn't have exactly a pretty face, soooooo
shrug kuzco.png

Eh?

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
And in the mean time I have to deal with one really boring character I don't just not like but actively hate, 6 nebulous concepts with no promise of actual hype, and endless speculation/arguments about who could fill those spots, all though taking Fire Emblem out of the equation means there's one less thing to argue about.

Like what?

I'm trying to calm down. So I won't touch some of these points. But I will leave this quote from the ever problematic Arlo. "We love it when you try new things, but not when those new things replace every old thing we love".
Here's something, you hate too much.

You complain about how upset you are all the time, but that's likely because you give yourself up to these negative thoughts and emotions so easily. If you just loosen up a little bit from time to time, your baseline eould be a lot more positive.

They say it takes more muscles to frown than it does to smile, that goes for thoughts too. It's exhausting to be angry about every little thing.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Everyone: Sakurai is showing three fingers because of DMC3!

Sakurai: *Adds Byleth from Three Houses, a highly speculated character*

Everyone:

In all fairness I was really skeptical that we'd be getting more FE characters myself.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I wish Ultimate would have free updates that just added fanservice alts like Gooigi, Mr. L. James McCloud, Morpho Knight, Shadow Queen Peach, and more.

Like, it's such a small aesthetic thing but it would please me greatly.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master

You complain about how upset you are all the time, but that's likely because you give yourself up tothese negative thoughts and emotions so easily. If you just loosen up a little bit from time to time, your baseline eould be a lot more positive.

They say it takes more muscles to frown than it does to smile, that goes for thoughts too. It's exhausting to be angry about every little thing.
There’s tons of amazing examples of change in games to back this up as well. Mario does it on an inaugural basis, with all kinds of different adventures utilizing all kinds of different formulas, and with the exception of a handful of bad mushrooms, there has been a plethora of amazing adventures, from spacefaring to vacationeering to globetrotting. Even Breath of the Wild seems to have set a new standard for Zelda, and it’s widely regarded as the best game of the decade. Change can stink sometimes, yeah, but it’s when you take a good, long gander at the positives that the negatives completely melt away.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
And so, I have returned. Spent some time looking through various reactions on Byleth and obviously judging by the community's impressions of the presentation, a lot of them were not pretty.

BTW, which of Byleth's alternate colors are your favorites? It's the Claude alt for me, because out of all the House Leaders I found to like him the most.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
And so, I have returned. Spent some time looking through various reactions on Byleth and obviously judging by the community's impressions of the presentation, a lot of them were not pretty.

BTW, which of Byleth's alternate colors are your favorites? It's the Claude alt for me, because out of all the House Leaders I found to like him the most.
Dimitri for male and Sothis for female.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
There’s tons of amazing examples of change in games to back this up as well. Mario does it on an inaugural basis, with all kinds of different adventures utilizing all kinds of different formulas, and with the exception of a handful of bad mushrooms, there has been a plethora of amazing adventures, from spacefaring to vacationeering to globetrotting. Even Breath of the Wild seems to have set a new standard for Zelda, and it’s widely regarded as the best game of the decade. Change can stink sometimes, yeah, but it’s when you take a good, long gander at the positives that the negatives completely melt away.
Alright. I don’t want to argue, I’m too tired. But I will play this game. Let’s use an example unrelated to fire emblem to stay away from controversy. What are the long term benefits to me, a fan of hack n slashed, when God of War stops being one? Because I can’t think of any.

D

Deleted member

The Edelgard one. I like red, I like red with black and I like the silver hair. As a bonus, she doesn't have those ugly tights either.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So I decided to head into the depths to see some reactions of Byleth in other places like GameFAQs and Reddit. It wasn't pretty. I prefer logical disagreements instead of whining.

To put it in a nutshell of how some of them are acting;

"You are not allowed Scott! You're not alllllowed to like this generic anime swordsman Scott!"

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So I decided to head into the depths to see some reactions of Byleth in other places like GameFAQs. It wasn't pretty. I prefer logical disagreements instead of whining.

To put it in a nutshell of how some of them are acting;

"You are not allowed Scott! You're not alllllowed to like this generic anime swordsman Scott!"
>GameFAQS
Rookie mistake

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Alright. I don’t want to argue, I’m too tired. But I will play this game. Let’s use an example unrelated to fire emblem to stay away from controversy. What are the long term benefits to me, a fan of hack n slashed, when God of War stops being one? Because I can’t think of any.
Well, if you really find yourself cornered by something like that, and you feel that there’s no enjoyment in it anymore, the best thing you can do is look to another game. It’s like I heard from a 3-foot Irish wolfhound with a massive revolver once said in a poker game; “When life closes a door, luck opens a window... and karma deactivates the alarm system!” There’s a plethora of Hack ‘n‘ Slashes out there that are more than ripe for the ripping, so go wild! Explore, live a little! Just don’t let your vendetta consume you along the way.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I may not be hyped with this (and I truly can't complain as I blindly bought the Fighter's Pass at launch) but Byleth still looks pretty neat moveset wise. The Cuphead Mii costume is surprising too.

And holy ****, SIX fighters?

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
A) Because it’s turn based
B) because it’s fantasy themed
C) because it employs silent protagonists
D) because for some reason it’s popular enough to get 8 fighters in Smash!
Not all Fire Emblem protagonists are silent. Chrom, Robin, and Lucina specifically almost spend more of the game talking than fighting.
I didn't see it pointed out, but it should be clarified that 3 Houses is quite literally the only FE game with a silent protagonist. Not sure how or even why people thought otherwise

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025

You complain about how upset you are all the time, but that's likely because you give yourself up to these negative thoughts and emotions so easily. If you just loosen up a little bit from time to time, your baseline eould be a lot more positive.

I gotta agree here. I can be a major ***** and just whine and mope for days, but it's never good for me. SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 has to realise that it's completely useless and detrimental to hate things that don't actually harm you. I can understand getting annoyed at your liked series becoming too different for you, but when it's an unique series you don't even wanna play. It's not even as if their spot in the Smash roster takes a spot from someone you'd enjoy more so there's no loss for you there.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Good Afternoon Everyone
Hi there!
I gotta agree here. I can be a major ***** and just whine and mope for days, but it's never good for me. SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 has to realise that it's completely useless and detrimental to hate things that don't actually harm you. I can understand getting annoyed at your liked series becoming too different for you, but when it's an unique series you don't even wanna play. It's not even as if their spot in the Smash roster takes a spot from someone you'd enjoy more so there's no loss for you there.
Here’s an excellent way to cool yourself down if you’re feeling low. Nothing but chill music, motivational messages, and an adorable little girl just grooving to her own beat. Always calms me down when I’m having an off-day.
’Course, if this doesn’t do you any favors, you could always just go and watch Too Cute and fawn at the puppies and kittens.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Well, if you really find yourself cornered by something like that, and you feel that there’s no enjoyment in it anymore, the best thing you can do is look to another game. It’s like I heard from a 3-foot Irish wolfhound with a massive revolver once said in a poker game; “When life closes a door, luck opens a window... and karma deactivates the alarm system!” There’s a plethora of Hack ‘n‘ Slashes out there that are more than ripe for the ripping, so go wild! Explore, live a little! Just don’t let your vendetta consume you along the way.
Just adding to this but to emphasis greatly, when you have a favourite interest treat it like you're going on an adventure. Don't stop at one game or movie, try as much as possible. Outside of a reason like eSports or money/time, it always saddens me when people don't try more games or watch more stuff outside of a few.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Part of me wants to play with the Claude alt out of Golden Deer pride, but let's be honest, most people can't pull off the yellow look as well as Claude can. But then again I'm just not a big fan of the color yellow.

I'll probably stick with the default male, although the Dimitri and Edelgard alts do look really nice.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Just adding to this but to emphasis greatly, when you have a favourite interest treat it like you're going on an adventure. Don't stop at one game or movie, try as much as possible. Outside of a reason like eSports or money/time, it always saddens me when people don't try more games or watch more stuff outside of a few.
And if you find something else that interests you and you wanna give it a whirl, don’t be afraid, give it a shot! It’s a lot like food: you never know until you try it, regardless of how it looks in the eyes of both you and others. I’ve played a certain game that wound up tickling me like no game before it has this last year, and now I’m a fan of the franchise. Don’t turtle yourself up; get out there and smell the roses.

Dutch Raikuna

And if you find something else that interests you and you wanna give it a whirl, don’t be afraid, give it a shot! It’s a lot like food: you never know until you try it, regardless of how it looks in the eyes of both you and others. I’ve played a certain game that wound up tickling me like no game before it has this last year, and now I’m a fan of the franchise. Don’t turtle yourself up; get out there and smell the roses.
Again pretty much. And you'll never know what that new thing could do for you.
Reminds me of something I worked on a few years back. Tried to create a "media tree of origin" of certain games and movies I got into and tried to go far back in my life as possible to being a young kid and see how it branched out. Was a pretty fun personal project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom