• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Female Byleth is cute tbh.
best Byleth for a reason besides expressing more emotions
I’m just glad her eyes are a reasonable size here.
Didn’t notice that until you said it
And so, I have returned. Spent some time looking through various reactions on Byleth and obviously judging by the community's impressions of the presentation, a lot of them were not pretty.

BTW, which of Byleth's alternate colors are your favorites? It's the Claude alt for me, because out of all the House Leaders I found to like him the most.
All of the female Byleth alts

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So quickly to change topic. Had a look at the other fighting game trailer released today. The Joker in MK11. I've waiting years to see how crazy he can be in a far more bloody environment. I was impressed. Too bad I've been long burned out on MK.

D

Deleted member

I literally just spent a **** ton of money on singles and crap for Vanguard Cards and now I need to wait for all of them to get here. Gonna take forevereeerrrr......

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?
"It'll be 3rd party only"

"He said new worlds only"

"There's no way they'd end the pass on that"

"It's not suspicious the spirits and music are missing"

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Smash Ultimate upon release is an amazing game with a staggering roster. Anything else we get after the fact is just extra. Being disappointed is totally fair, but being angry at extra work being put into an already stacked celebration of gaming is not appropriate.

None of the DLC from the fighter pass has really blown me away except Joker (don’t even enjoy playing as him really) and that’s okay. I am happy for those that are, I still love Ultimate, and there are a lot more games out there on the Switch as well... like a LOT.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Cuphead was my most wanted character for Smash, and I feel like I’m about to have a ****ing heart attack
2AE4566F-0CFC-4CA1-A02B-CADC6E4DFFE6.jpeg

LOOK AT HOW FAR MY BOY HAS COME

Byleth’s also a great choice for a DLC fighter in my opinion. People loved Three Houses, so it makes sense. They look really fun and unique as well! Cassandra Lee Morris’s voice over as Sothis in the trailer was also amazing. I can literally hear a bit of Morgana in her voice, too.

Shroob

Sup?
I owe no such thing.

I always said Astral Chain it Three Houses would be an exception, and I was correct on that.
Let's not have anymore patterns

Let's just let Smash speculation be crazy

Esp since now Verg and Sabi are officially full of it. This is the one true time that nothing leaked.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
"It'll be 3rd party only"

"He said new worlds only"

"There's no way they'd end the pass on that"

"It's not suspicious the spirits and music are missing"
Sabi and verge: “it’s not a Nintendo character guys! Please believe us!”

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Let's not have anymore patterns

Let's just let Smash speculation be crazy

Esp since now Verg and Sabi are officially full of it. This is the one true time that nothing leaked.
Tbf Verge leaked the mii costumes like 5 minutes before they were shown, he's got info, but it doesn't seem to be known well enough in advance to matter

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I feel like watching the presentation again to get a good look at Byleth's kit. I want this character to be good tbh
Taking a break from the digital world to pot some plants and plant some seeds.
May your plants thrive.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Despite using four different weapon types Byleth seems like a pretty standard, no-gimmicks midranged fighter. I'm personally okay with that since I think even simple characters can be fun, but a part of me wishes that they went for something more ambitious, like maybe some sort of stance fighter.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
We gave em the benefit of the doubt with Joker

They were okay with the middle 3

They choose....poorly...for the last.
They really never saw it coming.
When did Sabi say that?
Sometime around the TGAs. They backed up the list verge put out which had no Nintendo characters on it

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
The FP5 rep was very disappointing. I think if they had not waited for so long, and just dropped it at the game awards, would not feel so unsatisfying.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also something that might be interesting. If this is true they might start banning raid exploit users:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
They really never saw it coming.

Sometime around the TGAs. They backed up the list verge put out which had no Nintendo characters on it
No they didn’t. They said some of what Verge was saying was true, and maybe he had similar sources, but they weren’t going to fully back him up.

And Verge only said no first party on that huge initial list of characters that he quickly backed out of and corrected, I believe.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Also something that might be interesting. If this is true they might start banning raid exploit users:
Eh I doubt exploiters will start getting banned. That seems impossible to enforce, since exploited pokemon are technically legitimate.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
No they didn’t. They said some of what Verge was saying was true, and maybe he had similar sources, but they weren’t going to fully back him up.

And Verge only said no first party on that huge initial list of characters that he quickly backed out of and corrected, I believe.
Back pedal or not, verge is still wrong on this. That entire list shouldn’t have existed to begin with as it was absurd.
Sabi comments and deleted so much that I can’t find it, but I’m 90 positive they believed verge’s claims were right. But fighter five speculation has been a **** show of back and forth that really proves these two didn’t know the character.

Hell verge said as much actually that he didn’t know fighter five but he believed his source did

Shroob

Sup?
People can be disappointed all they want.

This reignited my speculation flame.

1st parties are back on the menu.

NOTHING is off limits aside from 4th party characters.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Eh I doubt exploiters will start getting banned. That seems impossible to enforce, since exploited pokemon are technically legitimate.
Technically they have started, but for a slightly different reason. They banned people using the vs raid reset method because they were leaving matches wasting time.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So I'm seeing some posts saying that they should have switched Byleth with some other character's reveal. And thinking about it, no.

If Byleth was the first character revealed, nobody would have bought it. Nothing would change if they were swapped with Hero, swapping them with Banjo is a terrible idea considering the Hero salt, and Terry wouldn't have made a difference either.

It was a lose-lose no matter how you cut it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Inb4 to drum hype up after Byleth, Goku is revealed as fighter six.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

First parties were never off the table. It was only characters who's franchises were already in the game. And look how that turned out.

Why couldn't Byleth have just been an a la carte character with a few songs and a spirit event? Why did they have to give him a STAGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom