• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I'm gonna go. I refuse to keep going around in circles like this. I'll take what you said under advisement and keep trying to work on turning off my emotions.
I'm keeping your emotions in mind. If you're that upset about having your expectations spoiled and how it wont change, you should direct your emotions into something else.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Now I'm really exited for Byleth and am wonder which Fire Emblem character I should try to play again while I wait. I like the look of Ike and Marth but I also would prefer playing another female.
Regardless of what you think of them as characters, Corrin is a rewarding fighter when you know how to play them right. Plus, they’re among the most unique of the current FE cast, what with being a Manakete. I’d say you’ve got nothing to lose!

So much for that nap, I guess...

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
For Byleth, I don’t even feel negative at all, considering I wasn’t expecting much to begin with as people were hoping for characters I’m not excatly nostalgic or interesting in (Ayumi and Elise would be great though).

It’s alright to be disappointed but the anger the reveal has gotten is even more unjustified than Corrin’s since..

1. His game was better recieved overall than Fates and has the most attention the series has gotten.

2. Has some mechanically different stuff for being a utility knife of the FE cast

3. Is revealed alongside FP2 which has 6 more characters to be revealed.

To say that Byleths inclusion is not worth it is just wrong, as I personally feel that most characters would be fine in Smash in my opinion (Except for non video game ones, but even then I find Popeye the exception).

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Because it's popular. And sooner enough it's style is going to infect something I do like. I was blissfully ignoring Dark Souls, just letting it exist and not devoting any of my energy to thinking about it. Then it became popular and infected God of War to the point that it will probably never return to it's roots. I don't want that to happen again. If the things I don't like could just agree to a cease fire and stop trying to infect the things I like and stop preventing franchises with the gameplay styles I like from getting made, then I would stop. But that's not going to stop.
Girl

"infecting"? Really?

So franchises should never try anything new, ever, right?

Just roll with the punches instead of getting all pissy over things that don't matter in the long run.

I like you, but I'm sorry you're being very childish here.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Girl

"infecting"? Really?

Just roll with the punches instead of getting all pissy over things that don't matter in the long run.

One thing I’d kill to see is a crossover with Pokémon , where the soldiers in each army fight alongside a Pokémon of the player’s choice. Think about how cool that could be! Who’s to say change is always a bad thing?

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I'm heading off for now. I got stuff to do today. I'll be back later tonight after playing FEH to continue gushing about why today was perfect and Byleth is the coolest.

Remember: Byleth is dope, Gooigi is getting in, and Mii Costumes are the most underappreciated thing Smash has ever given us. Peace. :dr^_^:

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
Regardless of what you think of them as characters, Corrin is a rewarding fighter when you know how to play them right. Plus, they’re among the most unique of the current FE cast, what with being a Manakete. I’d say you’ve got nothing to lose!

So much for that nap, I guess...
I tried her but she was quite confusing. I'll need to look at her kit more thoroughly.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Then I wish they gave me any reason to be excited.

With Hero they also revealed Banjo because they knew a lot of people would make a stink about Hero. They covered both ends of the fanbase. But this is basically the same kind of situation and they did the exact opposite of what they should have. Even if it was just a tease with no gameplay and a beta 3D model like the Mewtwo reveal in Smash4, if you gave the people who didn't like Byleth and Fire Emblem something to mull over and get excited about then there would be no outrage, no backlash, nothing. But they didn't. You can't be self-aware of your own community one minute and completely ignorant the next.
They gave you the reveal of 6 more characters coming!

6 reveals later is better than 1 reveal now any day of the week.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master

Precisely. I’m alright with pretty much anybody joining in on the fun, regardless of where they come from. They could add the likes of Ratchet & Clank, or heck, even someone I have zero connection to like Dante because I know it wouldn’t be the end. Who knows where we’ll go from here?

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
The Pokémon could be Urshifu as well. I know it's newer but still. You never really know.

Basically look out for final evos of the starters, Toxtricity, or the new legends

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The Pokémon could be Urshifu as well. I know it's newer but still. You never really know.

Basically look out for final evos of the starters, Toxtricity, or the new legends
If we get a Pokémon I’m betting Urshifu. Two fighting styles is right up Sakurai’s ally for unique characters.

Plus it wold use DLC to advertise DLC, flawless!

D

Deleted member

Well, Byleth is a solid 5/10 for me, just kinda there with no strong positive or negative emotions. Looks fun to play though. I'm more confused why they were chosen to end an otherwise 3rd party only pass. I could've easily seen Byleth during the second season though, especially when taking into account that Sakurai said it was too late for Xenoblades Chronicles 2 to get a character.

Well, at the end of the day Byleth shows that 1st parties are still running. I just dread the coming year(s) with all the speculation and "leakers".

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
If we get a Pokémon I’m betting Urshifu. Two fighting styles is right up Sakurai’s ally for unique characters.

Plus it wold use DLC to advertise DLC, flawless!
Please, we already have a Pokemon who's a model swap of a human.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
For Byleth, I don’t even feel negative at all, considering I wasn’t expecting much to begin with as people were hoping for characters I’m not excatly nostalgic or interesting in (Ayumi and Elise would be great though).

It’s alright to be disappointed but the anger the reveal has gotten is even more unjustified than Corrin’s since..

1. His game was better recieved overall than Fates and has the most attention the series has gotten.

2. Has some mechanically different stuff for being a utility knife of the FE cast

3. Is revealed alongside FP2 which has 6 more characters to be revealed.

To say that Byleths inclusion is not worth it is just wrong, as I personally feel that most characters would be fine in Smash in my opinion (Except for non video game ones, but even then I find Popeye the exception).
It also kind of bothers me that in Twitter, people are responding to people calling them out for being immature with (As in the context of the image) wojack images as to say that they’re drones and unintelligent in general (Which I find more insulting).

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

And in the mean time I have to deal with one really boring character I don't just not like but actively hate, 6 nebulous concepts with no promise of actual hype, and endless speculation/arguments about who could fill those spots, all though taking Fire Emblem out of the equation means there's one less thing to argue about.
I'm keeping your emotions in mind. If you're that upset about having your expectations spoiled and how it wont change, you should direct your emotions into something else.
Like what?
Girl

"infecting"? Really?

I'm trying to calm down. So I won't touch some of these points. But I will leave this quote from the ever problematic Arlo. "We love it when you try new things, but not when those new things replace every old thing we love".

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Reminder that Banjo is the only cartoon character we have as DLC as of now.

Also, hey, think it's safe here?

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
It also kind of bothers me that in Twitter, people are responding to people calling them out for being immature with (As in the context of the image) wojack images as to say that they’re drones and unintelligent in general (Which I find more insulting).
I know, right? It’s like the zealous part of Dexit all over again. Can’t we all just agree to disagree and go off on our merry ways? Because honestly, if this keeps up, someone might actually wind up getting hurt (for real).

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Reminder that Banjo is the only cartoon character we have as DLC as of now.

Also, hey, think it's safe here?
Hopefully they rectify that.
I know, right? It’s like the zealous part of Dexit all over again. Can’t we all just agree to disagree and go off on our merry ways? Because honestly, if this keeps up, someone might actually wind up getting hurt (for real).
Somebody already has. Because people don't just think about video games in this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom