• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Eh, no. The whole DMC3 port thing definitely reeks of crazy conspiracy theory vibes to me, like a completely un-related game hinting towards a character being in Smash has NEVER happened before.
It's not really hinting that.

It's more that:

3 fingers
3 question marks
The presentation on the day that DmC3 update happens.

Is it a stretch? Absolutely

But it's not unfounded.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
On top of FP5 being announced tomorrow. There's also going to be gameplay of Joker in Mortal Kombat 11 happening too.

Tomorrow just couldn't be better can it?

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Jojo hasn't been in WSL for a long, loooooooong time, and in the 80's/90's when it was?

Eh, yeah. 80's/90's were a different time.
Oh, I thought it was. My mistake.

Still, my point was more that I wouldn't classify OP as children's media. Lots of messed up stuff happens in it, and it is no stranger to moments of heavy fan service.

Shroob

Sup?
Oh, I thought it was. My mistake.

Still, my point was more that I wouldn't classify OP as children's media. Lots of messed up stuff happens in it, and it is no stranger to moments of heavy fan service.
Eh, fanservice isn't that shocking lol.

Like, Dragon Ball, the og series, which was a de facto kids series at the time, showed kid Goku's **** on multiple occasions.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I'm either going to wake up and have Danarle spewed all over the internet spoiling it for me

Or I'm going to kill myself staying up another 12 hours.

"I see this as an absolute failure!"
You're not alone. I'm a colossal night owl (lately, I've been going to bed at 3:00AM while proofreading my novels), so I usually just head over to Gamexplain's Youtube and check it out once all the morning action is all said and done.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
While Shonen series may be popular with all ages, they are targeted towards the shonen demographic (12-18 year old boys). They really aren't kids series.

Shroob

Sup?
Question:

Didn't Monolith retweet the November 2018 Direct, when the most that came out of it for them was the Rex costume?

That's why I'm super hesitant on Arle.

Could very easily be a Mii Costume as to why her Dev retweeted her.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
When the DLCrew hang out for a game of good old Monopoly:

The Chaos commences.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
By theory I'm assuming the 3?
The theory is each DLC character debuting in reverse chronological order, the one everyone said was absolutely terrible in the newcomer thread (which I get).
Does the third folder encompass Arle getting in with the theory being wrong or right?
Kinda. There's no way the theory is wrong and Arle gets in (as fighter 5), as her original debut was before Terry's. The second folder encompasses characters like Hayabusa or an Atari rep, who still fit the theory.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
The theory is each DLC character debuting in reverse chronological order, the one everyone said was absolutely terrible in the newcomer thread (which I get).

Kinda. There's no way the theory is wrong and Arle gets in (as fighter 5), as her original debut was before Terry's. The second folder encompasses characters like Hayabusa or an Atari rep, who still fit the theory.
Well that's the first I heard of that.

I just thought Arle seemed likely due to the Retweet+New game coming out the 16th.

Shroob

Sup?
If it IS Arle

I'm gonna be laughing at all the people thinking Fighter 5 would be this

"INTERNET BREAKING" character like Sora or Master Chief.

I'm still highly skeptical, but it'd be hilarious.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Just want to point ONE thing out.

I'm not saying to get your expectations up. But.

I will note that unlike last time, Nintendo hasn't made any sort of disclaimer about a post-Fighters Pass character being revealed this broadcast. Not saying it's a guarantee in any way. But worth keeping in mind.
I mean, they put a disclaimer last time, and nobody even listen to then because everyone thought they were lying, so it wouldn't make a difference regardless lol.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
My plan for tomorrow:

First, I'm gonna turn off the news bar on the Switch startup screen. The moment I wake up, I'm gonna update the game and surprise myself with whoever it is, assuming we get the fifth fighter tomorrow. If no update, I'll just see the trends on the Tweeter.

Double K

Smash Lord
Y'all tellin' me you think JoJo is for 8 year olds?
Has been a Seinen manga for over a decade, and 8 year olds were looking at pictures of ***** in old Dragonball way back in the 80s.

Kodomo as a demographic is just Shonen stuff but easier to merchandise. Remember that Kamen Rider/Super Sentai air in the same block as PreCure, which is the girl equivalent of Kodomo, and you got stuff like Ryuki and Gaim.

CoroCoro Comics only is still in publication because as it turns out, Doraemon and Super Mario-kun make decent money. Manga like Detective Conan, Boruto, One Piece and severral others are all series that while technically meant to be viewed by late elementary and up, is enjoyed by children of all ages. One Piece in particular, airs before noon, usually on the same day as PreCure.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Jojo didn't move to Ultra Jump until Part 7. Meaning all of the famous , *ahem*, pleasant imagery came from WSJ.

Also, remember that shows like Family Guy and Rick & Morty are TV-14. That's the age equivalent Shonen magazines are targeting. And if shonen magazines aren't enough to convince you, take a look at shojo :yoshi:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
See I'm almost convinced it might be Dante because Maximilian tends to get characters he likes, Mega Man, Cloud, Bayo, Ken and Terry. I know he also likes Mega Man X and Protoman a lot, so it ain't 100% gonna happen. But him and Alpharad(Joker and Bayo) get characters they like.

The absolute height of that would be if Max's crazy Sub-Zero theories become real. Which I wouldn't mind because Kuai Liang is my dude.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
https://www.siliconera.com/devil-ma...-style-switching-to-royalguard-and-trickster/

Devil May Cry 3's Switch port is getting on-the-fly Style switching like what Dante has in DMC4 and 5, fittingly enough. This was my biggest issue with DMC3 (I found it annoying that you could only change what Style you have equipped at the statues that sell items, since if I went into a boss with a style that wasn't useful in fighting them, I was screwed), so I'm extremely excited that they've added this feature.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I feel like that's a very safe bet. If it's 35 minutes, I can't seem them not dropping the character basically right afterwards.
maybe give a hint at best, but there’s no reason for Sakurai to do that
Fair point. I often forget original DB had that, lol.
Bulma bewbees also

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom