• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
How? We got one character that has been leaked to hell and back and one character that the fans have been asking for for decades. How does this confirm Mii Costume Theory?

Heck. SEGA is still missing costumes.
Mii theory relied on something very simple:

We need 5 different companies, 4 of which had costumes.

SEGA
SE
Capcom
Namco
And one company without any from 4

Joker came and ONLY had Sega costumes, and Banjo won't bring any from 4 with him.

If Hero comes out and ONLY brings SE ones, then, well it's really going to look intentional at that point.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Sure, but at the same time, ballot isn't everything.

Joker most certainly had 0 ballot impact and I doubt that Hero did either, imo of course.

If we go by Mii Theory, which, frankly is looking REAL likely right now:

We need a Capcom and Namco rep.
Of course. Resident Evil is something that could happen, but I don't think we should start acting like it's the most likely candidate until we start seeing evidence via leaks or other material.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
We're missing....ALL the Capcom Mii outfits.

If Hero comes out and he only brings SE ones, well...

That'll be 2/2 of "Character coming out only brings costumes from their respective company."

I 'seriously' doubt they're just going to scrap really popular Mii outfits like Protoman, and from what we know, we're only getting new content from X.0 patches, aka character releases.
How? We got one character that has been leaked to hell and back and one character that the fans have been asking for for decades. How does this confirm Mii Costume Theory?

That reminds me, I still need to buy the Mii outfits. My payday is this weekend, so I don't see why I haven't already.

Shroob

Sup?
Mii theory basically hinges on Hero's release.

Right now it's looking VERY strong and I personally expect us to get a few Dragon Quest+the cut costumes from Smash 4 back, and if so, then I'd say a Capcom and Namco character are INCREDIBLY likely at that point.

At the very least, we probably have a month tops to wait, so it won't be long.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
We're not even half a dozen hours after Banjo-Kazooie's reveal and people are already throwing relevancy and sales around as a means to disqualify DLC ideas? Come on now.

Banjo was just added. There was no accompanying reboot, no remaster, no Microsoft endorsement, no untapped audience that will magically buy Smash.
A character was just straight up added for the fans with no immediate benefit or obvious agenda.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Except not really. Steve wasn’t really an unreppedw genre, and his blocky animations were pretty decent reason to not include him. He has importance but honestly so did banjo to a lot of people.

Minecraft is obviously bigger but I bet it shot it’s self in the foot because Steve would be hard to transition to smash.

Why Phoenix likely did well in the ballot, I would bet money that resident evil had more support. It’s a very casual but big franchise like Bayo. It is a very solid candidate imo.
So Steve is the new Heihachi, basically?

Cause that's the main reason we don't have him. Too hard to transition to Smash properly.

I can see that as a possibility.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Not sure how to feel about Pokemon being cut.... from Pokemon. What happened to "gotta catch 'em all?" Arceus forbid that you actually have to program the Pokemon you created. It's kind of funny tbh, this is the silliest thing I've seen in a while LOL :laugh:

prepare to have 200+ Pokemon cut... the largest regional dex so far was just a bit over 400 I think, and we have 800+ Pokemon LOL

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

So far, we have 3 DLC characters from different companies: SEGA/Atlus, Square, Microsoft/Rare

If Hero and Banjo get costumes from their respective companies, Mii Costume Theory is gonna look WAY more likely.

The 2 other big companies that had costumes in Smash 4 were Namco and Capcom.

So it makes sense that those companies are more likely to get reps than say... another new company or SEGA because all of their costumes were cut from Smash 4.

At least SEGA has costumes now, even if it's not all of them.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Remember when it was announced that Nintendo was picking the DLC so everyone just threw their arms up and went "welp, I guess we're getting nothing but soulless shill picks"?

Good times.

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly, I just chalk up missing SEGA Mii costumes probably either due to lack of sales or popularity.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to suspect that the Tails and Knuckles outfit probably sold gangbusters over the Virtua Fighter ones, for example. No real reason to bring back missing Mii outfits when they won't sell that well again.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Remember when it was announced that Nintendo was picking the DLC so everyone just threw their arms up and went "welp, I guess we're getting nothing but soulless shill picks"?

Good times.
inb4 we get a new Banjo-Kazooie game therefore making Banjo a shill pick

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
We're not even half a dozen hours after Banjo-Kazooie's reveal and people are already throwing relevancy and sales around as a means to disqualify DLC ideas? Come on now.

Banjo was just added. There was no accompanying reboot, no remaster, no Microsoft endorsement, no untapped audience that will magically buy Smash.
A character was just straight up added for the fans with no immediate benefit or obvious agenda.
Snapshots. Give them to me. I'll find it hilarious. I always do. Who doesn't laugh at those being proven wrong, wrong, and wrong again?

Potato_

Smash Lord
Not sure how to feel about Pokemon being cut.... from Pokemon. What happened to "gotta catch 'em all?" Arceus forbid that you actually have to program the Pokemon you created. It's kind of funny tbh, this is the silliest thing I've seen in a while LOL :laugh:

prepare to have 200+ Pokemon cut... the largest regional dex so far was just a bit over 400 I think, and we have 800+ Pokemon LOL
It's no surprise they revealed this stuff during the Treehouse segment instead of the direct. They knew what the reaction was gonna be like.

That being said, I feel like there's no damn way they don't patch these in later. Even if they weren't planning to before, the huge outcry against it has to make them change their minds.

Collecting pokemon was one of the biggest draws of the game, take some of that away and it's no surprise people aren't liking it.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
We're missing....ALL the Capcom Mii outfits.

If Hero comes out and he only brings SE ones, well...

That'll be 2/2 of "Character coming out only brings costumes from their respective company."

I 'seriously' doubt they're just going to scrap really popular Mii outfits like Protoman, and from what we know, we're only getting new content from X.0 patches, aka character releases.
Mii theory relied on something very simple:

We need 5 different companies, 4 of which had costumes.

SEGA
SE
Capcom
Namco
And one company without any from 4

Joker came and ONLY had Sega costumes, and Banjo won't bring any from 4 with him.

If Hero comes out and ONLY brings SE ones, then, well it's really going to look intentional at that point.
So far, we have 3 DLC characters from different companies: SEGA/Atlus, Square, Microsoft/Rare

If Hero and Banjo get costumes from their respective companies, Mii Costume Theory is gonna look WAY more likely.

The 2 other big companies that had costumes in Smash 4 were Namco and Capcom.

So it makes sense that those companies are more likely to get reps than say... another new company or SEGA because all of their costumes were cut from Smash 4.

At least SEGA has costumes now, even if it's not all of them.
I’m still not buying it. There was no rhyme or reason to the costumes in 4 and there won’t be this’s time either.

Heck. 4 had some sets of costumes released totally independently from characters.

Shroob

Sup?
I’m still not buying it. There was no rhyme or reason to the costumes in 4 and there won’t be this’s time either.

Heck. 4 had some sets of costumes released totally independently from characters.
When that happens, then we'll talk.

If both Hero AND Banjo come without the missing Capcom and Namco costumes, it's going to be really hard to deny it at that point.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master

Going by this logic, let's remember that there's still talk of Minecraft content making it in.

Could my theory of a Mario-Maker style Minecraft Flatworld stage without a playable rep possibly be a reality?

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
yeah no this **** still don't look real

View attachment 227506
Yeah I'm not buying it either. That's obviously just a photoshopped Duck Hunt, which is just a photoshopped Pluto. Clearly fake.

Now can someone explain to me why we're all acting like this "Doug Bowser" person is a credible leaker?

Iridium

Smash Hero
yeah no this **** still don't look real

View attachment 227506
It's the teeth. Yes, the teeth.

Maybe they can fix this with a patch, but I want to have a team with Pokémon I've never had before as of now. They probably will do it, especially if the game encourages catching all of them like every other one.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
When that happens, then we'll talk.

If both Hero AND Banjo come without the missing Capcom and Namco costumes, it's going to be really hard to deny it at that point.
I suppose we'll just have to wait for the inevitably random shadowdrop sometime next month, lol.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Calling it now:
Hero comes with the Chocobo and Geno Mii costumes, along with three new ones: Sephiroth, Crono and Sora (which is why those three were believed to be the new S-E rep; they were actually Mii costumes)
Capcom costumes will be stealth dropped
Namco costumes will be AWOL, tieing in to a new Bandai Namco rep for DLC (Lloyd? Yuri? Nightmare? KOS-MOS?)

D

Deleted member

Something neat I haven't seen many people mention
Screenshot (80).png

The heroes that appear in the final smash are the ones who aren't featured as skins, meaning the smash team had to fully create and model 7 separate charcetrs, all for this one final smash.
It's a nice homage to all of DQ. The third parties are really being treated with love this time around.

Noipoi

Howdy!
A year ago I did a Grunty rhyme on why Banjo will never get in, I have to rectify my mistake.

*ahem*

Grunty_Speaking.gif

Well well well...ain't this absurd?
Fortune shines on the Bear and Bird!
You'd better buy that Fighters Pass...

'Cause Banjo's come to kick your ass!

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

Maybe because the others didn't sell as well, so they brought back the ones that would (AKA the Sonic ones).

And yes, there were 2 DLC packs of costumes unrelated to character releases. But the vast majority of those were 1st Party costumes.

And funny coincidence, the 2 3 costumes that were 3rd Party came from Namco (Lloyd) and Capcom (2 Monster Hunter costumes). That doesn't correlate to anything, but I find it pretty funny.

As of right now, Namco and Capcom look more likely by default. And if they also bring back past costumes, say Geno for example, then it's gonna get much more likely.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Calling it now:
Hero comes with the Chocobo and Geno Mii costumes, along with three new ones: Sephiroth, Crono and Sora (which is why those three were believed to be the new S-E rep; they were actually Mii costumes)
Capcom costumes will be stealth dropped
Namco costumes will be AWOL, tieing in to a new Bandai Namco rep for DLC (Lloyd? Yuri? Nightmare? KOS-MOS?)
I'd believe in stealth dropped content, but at this point it really does seem like the only time we get new content is via x.0 patches, which include new characters.

We still have a lot of time, but I'm not expecting any "Oh, today, patch that adds new Mii outfits!". especially when they're all soo centralized around certain companies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
My favorite part of the B&K trailer wasn’t even the Bear and Bird but the Crocodile, King K Rool. The trio, obviously tired of their brawl, crashed as the Kong’s place with the glutton himself taking a nap on the floor. That was so befitting of our glutton crocodile to crash at the Kong’s place as if it was his own.

And then went hell starts breaking loose with a bouncing banana, he is still oblivious until DK starts making a racket. K Rool’s reaction was priceless as it was a delicious blend of a “WHO DA ****?!” Reaction as well as the reaction my dog has when he’s sleeping and the front door bell rings. It was poetry. Absolute poetry. And then when he is also late to come to the window to see what’s up and just smashes his reptilian body mass against the Kong’s - late as usual.

I loved it. A true testament to the character.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Shared this in the Geno thread, but it is totally worth also putting here.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

D

Deleted member

A year ago I did a Grunty rhyme on why Banjo will never get in, I have to rectify my mistake.

*ahem*

View attachment 227512

Well well well...ain't this absurd?
Fortune shines on the Bear and Bird!
You'd better buy that Fighters Pass...

'Cause Banjo's come to kick your ***!
Kazooie’s a gun and a club as well,
and Banjo will send you straight to hell.
Pray if you wish, plead if you must.
Either way they will crush you into dust!

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
In light of people being upset at the lack of female alts for Hero, is there anyone here who thinks we could get a standalone female character as DLC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom