• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Something neat I haven't seen many people mention
View attachment 227511
The heroes that appear in the final smash are the ones who aren't featured as skins, meaning the smash team had to fully create and model 7 separate charcetrs, all for this one final smash.
It's a nice homage to all of DQ. The third parties are really being treated with love this time around.
we should have gotten the dude with the aviator helmet instead of the teal man with the dragon wing tiara

Shroob

Sup?
In light of people being upset at the lack of female alts for Hero, is there anyone here who thinks we could get a standalone female character as DLC?
Well, at this point, my money's on Jill or someone from Tales of, though if it's Tales of it'd undoubtedly be Lloyd or Yuri.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Going by this logic, let's remember that there's still talk of Minecraft content making it in.

Could my theory of a Mario-Maker style Minecraft Flatworld stage without a playable rep possibly be a reality?
If there really is Minecraft content coming... then it's probably just a Mii costume at this point (since that is content).

Doubt we'd get a new stage.

Shroob

Sup?
I do still think we're going to get ONE stage unrelated to the fighter pass eventually.

What that is, dunno.

But it just seems like we'd end on a grid of 110(109stages+Random) instead of 109(108stages+random).

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
So this year my birthday is on Friday, October 11th. Nintendo normally releases their games on Fridays, and Luigi's Mansion may possibly be an October release to coincide with Halloween.

I'm starting to feel incredibly special right about now.

D

Deleted member

A year ago I did a Grunty rhyme on why Banjo will never get in, I have to rectify my mistake.

*ahem*

View attachment 227512

Well well well...ain't this absurd?
Fortune shines on the Bear and Bird!
You'd better buy that Fighters Pass...

'Cause Banjo's come to kick your ***!
Somewhat related, I hope we get codec/guidance style Easter eggs with Grunty on Spiral Mountain. I wanna see what kind of rhymes they could come up with for the other Smash characters.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I do still think we're going to get ONE stage unrelated to the fighter pass eventually.

What that is, dunno.

But it just seems like we'd end on a grid of 110(109stages+Random) instead of 109(108stages+random).
the missing spot is for custom stage toggle in random stage select

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
View attachment 227511
The heroes that appear in the final smash are the ones who aren't featured as skins, meaning the smash team had to fully create and model 7 separate charcetrs, all for this one final smash.
It's a nice homage to all of DQ. The third parties are really being treated with love this time around.
See that? Third hero from the left.

Dragon Quest did SSGSS before SSGSS was a thing, you can't fight me over any of this.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
View attachment 227511
Which DQs are each of these guys from?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So Steve is the new Heihachi, basically?

Cause that's the main reason we don't have him. Too hard to transition to Smash properly.

I can see that as a possibility.
I think it’s pretty possible. Both banjo and Steve likely had good ballot support, it steve if I had to guess placed a little better.

Them then trying to make him work but ultimately deciding banjo is a better fit would make a lot of sense. It would also explain the all confusion around Steve and Minecraft content originally. That’s just my personal prediction though

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
The Geno trailer's gonna be like the banjo and k rool trailer, but with mii gunner in a geno costume. She wouldn't laugh though. She would stand there, staring.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
First post in the thread in this thread since the direct (was kind of in a state of shock afterwards and didn't know where to look next). So, thoughts:
- Luigi's Mansion 3 looks great, actually pretty excited for it and by the sounds of the stuff at the Treehouse, it seems like they're fixing some of the things that people didn't like about Dark Moon. Don't know why we don't have a release date, though (or even a release month/season)
- Didn't get much in the way of Pokemon news from the direct, though the stuff they revealed afterwards about not being able to transfer most Pokemon stinks
- I'm looking forward to the Link's Awakening remake more as the soundtrack sounds better than I initially thought and that dungeon maker is a cool addition
- Know nothing about DQ, but I like how are expectations were subverted by them having multiple protags instead of just the one; maybe I'll pick up DQ11...
- Animal Crossing looks great, but I need to know a bit more about it. The delay's a shame but if they're doing it to ensure quality, then that's completely acceptable (plus we do have an actual date)
- I have no nostalgic connection to Banjo and the clamouring for him recently was beginning to get on my nerves, but HOLY **** that trailer was amazing and turned me round
- BREATH OF THE WILD ****ING 2

Shame no Pikmin but what a great direct to be a Zelda fan

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The Geno trailer's gonna be like the banjo and k rool trailer, but with mii gunner in a geno costume. She wouldn't laugh though. She would stand there, staring.
Id still lmao if they did this a third time

Shroob

Sup?
Sakurai's not only a god

f70.png

He's also a god-tier plastic surgeon.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
In light of people being upset at the lack of female alts for Hero, is there anyone here who thinks we could get a standalone female character as DLC?
I’d love to see Shantae myself (don’t wanna get into any Spirit arguments right now) though aside from her I can only think of Jill and possibly Lara Croft off the top of my head...

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I just fought a Luigi on Elite Smash called Elegant.

Considering I'm sleep deprived and put up a real fight despite that I'm suspicious it may have been a poser and not the real Elegant. He killed me early on my last stock but aside from that he wasn't giving me too much issue. But his GSP was really high so now I'm wondering if he was having an off day or something.

I checked and he's streaming right now, but I don't know if there's a way to go back and see if he fought me.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I'm really glad there's multiple protags instead of just Erdrick. I could never get on board with Erdrick because of his design, but I'm gonna have to main Eight with his pirate-looking bandana

D

Deleted member

You know, I love Minecraft, but we must stop moping about Steve not being in.
Play Minecraft instead of moping about Steve.
Also buy the Fighter's Pass.
Smash Ultimate is Banjo's game, everyone.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I find it very interesting that Hero and Banjo got CGI trailers.

Plant, Joker (sort of), and Smash 4’s DLC didn’t have them, so I find a bit odd that they still did them for these characters.

Not sure if this will apply for the other two.

Shroob

Sup?
I find it very interesting that Hero and Banjo got CGI trailers.

Plant, Joker (sort of), and Smash 4’s DLC didn’t have them, so I find a bit odd that they still did them for these characters.

Not sure if this will apply for the other two.
I mean, Joker got an actual animated one... I'd consider that pretty special.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ooh me me me

You KNOW who I’m hinting at at this point... ;)

I know Kazooie is female but she’s one half of the Banjo and Kazooie duo so I’m not counting her here either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom