• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
When your current favorite anime is being used as evidence for Goku in Smash...

As much as some people don't want him and as much a central rule as the "game characters only" rule is, you gotta admit, Goku in Smash would break the internet.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Timezone Converter? What kind of Doctor Who **** is that?
It tells you what time it is in other timezones. Real high tech stuff there.

Serebii said the event ended at 23:59 UTC, which is supposed to be 3:59 pm where I live, but that was hours ago.
And no, I haven't found a Shiny Magikarp yet.
Edit: Accidently hit post early.

Anyway the reason I was asking was because I had a spare, and I was going to offer it to you if you didn't get the event one in time.

....But it looks like it was supposed to be 3:59 pm tomorrow, so there's plenty of time left.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
>First you take away the Pumpkin theme
>Then you take away the Christmas theme RIGHT when I had finally gotten used to it

download.jpg

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The overcompensation levels in this thread are dangerously high.
You know, if you're jealous of my karma count it's okay to just say so.
Literally just found another one.

Idk bud.
Yeah I just got confused by the date. Turns out its supposed to be 3:59 for me tomorrow.

Did you see the edit on my last post?

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Since I've actually seen the episode, I know the context.

It was a quick montage of entertainment and Goku doing the Kamehameha happened just after the Switch image... :yoshi:
"Ohaiyo Sekai! Good Morning World!"

Dr Stone was a damn good anime.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Since I've actually seen the episode, I know the context.

It was a quick montage of entertainment and Goku doing the Kamehameha happened just after the Switch image... :yoshi:
A PS4 controller next to a Switch?

Kratos is coming bois

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I finally got one!
E798F2DF-116E-4F99-8334-8FD4338EC993.jpeg

277 eggs and then probably another 500 when I did this on and off.

It’s 5ivs( minus special attack) Adamant, moon ball, egg moves( curse sucker punch) and infiltrator.

So glad to have this, and especially nice after spending the night in the hospital

It's not over yet. I'm still finding Magikarps with nuggets.
Let me know if you don’t get one, I don’t have any hustle ones, but I do have several 5iv swift swim ones that your free to have.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Okay now I get it. The event ends tomorrow at 11:59 for me.

More than enough time.

Edit: I don't want your guys' Magikarps but thanks anyways.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Hm, but I'm not running into anymore Magikarp raids online, and wishing pieces aren't making any appear for me anymore. I got a gigantamax Kingler though.

I double checked and the event was supposed to end 3-ish hours ago. Maybe it did end, but their dens just won't despawn until their respective timezone's midnight?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hm, but I'm not running into anymore Magikarp raids online, and wishing pieces aren't making any appear for me anymore. I got a gigantamax Kingler though.

I double checked and the event was supposed to end 3-ish hours ago. Maybe it did end, but their dens just won't despawn until their respective timezone's midnight?
No idea, I just saw one around an hour ago. I haven been connected to online so I don’t know if they were still popping up on my end, but I saw them in my own wild area.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm one shiny away from being able to have a full team of shiny pokemon in Sw/Sh. The catch is that have of that team would consist of Magikarp.

New pointless life goal: Have a full team of 6 shiny Magikarp. That might actually be feasible if they do this event again next year.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
What are some of the best Smash reaction videos that you've seen? I'd prefer it if you just named the Youtubers behind them rather than embedding videos, since (a) it would likely make it take much longer to load the page and (b) most of the time (at least from what I've seen), they contain language that would be considered censor-dodging.

I've seen some, like Maximilian Dood's reactions (his Cloud video being a highlight), along with the Completionist's reaction to finding out that Cloud's in Smash Bros. and Alpharad's Smash Ultimate reactions, but I find it tough to find reaction videos that seem authentic (usually, people seem to go WAY overboard, to the point where it seems like they're faking it).

I probably won't be able to actually watch the videos until tomorrow, but I figure I should try to branch out in terms of gaming Youtubers that I follow (or Youtubers in general, but I'll just take this one step at a time), and that seems like a way to start doing that.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I was watching A Muppet Christmas Carol the other day and it made me want to check the book out from the library (lets see if I actually do).
“A classic is something that everybody wants to have read and nobody wants to read.”

― Mark Twain

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
When your current favorite anime is being used as evidence for Goku in Smash...

They...They do know the characters they listed as not video game characters are indeed video game characters, right?

There's no way that's not an ironic troll post. No one is that big a goof.

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
They...They do know the characters they listed as not video gasme characters are indeed video game characters, right?

There's no way that's not an ironic troll post. No one is that big a goof.
I think they were trying to get at the fact that Lucario first appeared in a movie before a game and R.O.B. was originally a toy/controller before ever being in a game, but I don't know enough about Dragon Quest to even guess where they think Hero comes from.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So what are the chances were getting an Direct and FP5 this week?

Also chances we also get the first post-Pass DLC fighter?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
So what are the chances were getting an Direct and FP5 this week?

Also chances we also get the first post-Pass DLC fighter?
A Direct: 62.3%
The fifth fighters pass character being announced: 98.4% if a Direct is announced.
The first post-Fighters-Pass character also being announced: 43.6% if we get the fifth fighters pass character announced.

I have no idea; I just made those numbers up.

Hopefully we'll get a Direct in the next week or two; there's been a January Direct outlining their releases for the first part of the year every year since Directs started, aside from 2019. Hopefully that change is not a sign; we know nothing about Nintendo's 2020 line-up (or the Switch's 2020 line-up, really - the "Coming Soon" section on the eShop is pretty barren), and I'm not sure how much longer we can go without any news.

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Anything I'm missing?
Well, I made this post a while back. Might as well bump it now that the thread's got some more activity.
Like I said, I drew my top 10 games of 2019, and now I've decided to share. I've got some room for improvement, but I'm ultimately happy with how it all came out.
View attachment 255582
I'm a big fan of creation in video games. I'm also a big fan of just goofing off. This game combines them together beautifully and (more often than not) hilariously, whether you're just screwing around or actually focused on advancing through the game. The impressive breadth of stuff you can write down can lead to amazing situations such as a dude giving his girl... well, anything, really. If you wanna be either good by being creatively evil, then this game should deliver.
View attachment 255583
I'm also a sucker for platformers, and this series is one I've been intent on getting into for a few years now. I enjoyed just how weird the whole game is: it's not every day you play a game that sees you catching monkeys around the world, especially when most of the time they're minding their own business. The control scheme took some getting used to, but ultimately, I found myself going bananas with the whole thing. I'd love to try the other two main titles one of these days.
View attachment 255584You know how some video game sequels are essentially just the first game, just made infinitely superior by doubling or tripling the amount of content the first game had? Mario Maker 2 is a shining example of that thanks to... well, everything that was added. From the new enemies to the 3D World theme to the slopes, it takes everything that made the first game so good and essentially pumps it full of sheer joy and extra creativity.
View attachment 255588
The first game on the list in my backlog, and probably the oldest as well. I watched my brothers play it little by little when I was younger, but it was only until recently I tried it for myself. While I enjoyed 2 and 3 more, this was still a really strong start for Pikmin as a franchise, with a lot of creative ways to use the Pikmin to repair your ship.
View attachment 255589
This was the first point-and-click adventure I've played, and it was definitely a delight. Aside from being simple to understand and not riddled with the morality system that Telltale became known for, it's one of the funniest games I've played this year (just listen to pretty much anything Max says).
View attachment 255590
Who knew such a silly concept should be so much fun? This game has a simple enough premise: you are a goose, and your goal is to cause as much of an uproar as possible against a village. With the sheer amount of stuff you can do to screw with the people, it's easily on of the funniest games of the year.
View attachment 255591
Another game stuck in my backlog, this year was the first I played my own way through instead of just screwing around on my brothers' profile. It might be one of the darkest Zelda games, but it's still one of the greats, with how much fun a lot of the mechanics are (Wolf Link, Ball & Chain, Clawshots, the list goes on).
View attachment 255592
This may just be my favorite Luigi's Mansion yet, which is a sentiment most likely shared among other fans of Mario's little bro. Aside from beautifully combining the open exploration of the first game with the creative theming of the second, the controls are easy to grasp and the puzzles are ridiculously creative, especially those concerning Gooigi.
View attachment 255593
I've said this earlier; I've played this game so dang much that I've completely forgotten how to play Mario Kart properly anymore. Honestly, I doubt anybody's to blame: this is a genuinely fun, fast-paced kart racer with tons of content that continues to trickle in (some questionable business practices aside). It's a great reminder that Crash is back, and hopefully here to stay!
View attachment 255595Oh yes I did. I gave this game a shot, and I don't regret it. Beyond all the fanservice, It's a genuinely fun game with simple controls, satisfying attacks, and a story that actually managed to tug at my heart with great characters. It all combines to make Senran Kagura the best game I've played this year.
And there you have it. Everything is still pretty messy, but I'm still happy with how they all came out. I'm sure there might be a bit of flak from some of my choices, but they're my opinions alone, and I respect yours. Just don't be a giant jerk about it.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
What are some of the best Smash reaction videos that you've seen? I'd prefer it if you just named the Youtubers behind them rather than embedding videos, since (a) it would likely make it take much longer to load the page and (b) most of the time (at least from what I've seen), they contain language that would be considered censor-dodging.

I've seen some, like Maximilian Dood's reactions (his Cloud video being a highlight), along with the Completionist's reaction to finding out that Cloud's in Smash Bros. and Alpharad's Smash Ultimate reactions, but I find it tough to find reaction videos that seem authentic (usually, people seem to go WAY overboard, to the point where it seems like they're faking it).

I probably won't be able to actually watch the videos until tomorrow, but I figure I should try to branch out in terms of gaming Youtubers that I follow (or Youtubers in general, but I'll just take this one step at a time), and that seems like a way to start doing that.
The reaction videos that I watch the most are usually the ones recorded at Nintendo NYC with the huge crowds of people. Two of my favorites have to be their reaction to the reveals of Hero & Terry, mainly because of the positive reception constrating with the negative commentary in online sites like Twitter (..most definitely Twitter). All the constant salty b**ching ranging from "WHaT's DraGoN QUesT? tHIs ChARacTeR JUsT LoOkS LiKE mOrE AnIMe sWOrDSmAn bULls**T, hE's jUSt tRuNKs WiTH mAgiC" along with "nOBodY kNoWs wHo TErrY iS, hE'S jUsT kEn wItH a hAt".

The NYC crowds however, had a much more wholesome behavior when it came to these two and appeared to be very welcoming about their inclusion. Definitely a refresher from all the annoying nay-sayers & toxic hate that went about around those times.

"Terry! Terry! Terry!"

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
A Direct: 62.3%
The fifth fighters pass character being announced: 98.4% if a Direct is announced.
The first post-Fighters-Pass character also being announced: 43.6% if we get the fifth fighters pass character announced.

I have no idea; I just made those numbers up.

Hopefully we'll get a Direct in the next week or two; there's been a January Direct outlining their releases for the first part of the year every year since Directs started, aside from 2019. Hopefully that change is not a sign; we know nothing about Nintendo's 2020 line-up (or the Switch's 2020 line-up, really - the "Coming Soon" section on the eShop is pretty barren), and I'm not sure how much longer we can go without any news.
Even if we don't get one this week. I'm certain it'll definitely be this month.

And besides I got other things I'm excited for this week. Joker on disc and going to see Underwater at the theaters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom