• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I really want to play the Dragon quest heroes games but I really don't want to jump the gun and buy them on PS4 in case that rumored western Switch release is actually happening.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
My dad gave me some new headphones, pretty welcoming as a late Christmas present.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I really want to play the Dragon quest heroes games but I really don't want to jump the gun and buy them on PS4 in case that rumored western Switch release is actually happening.
Things been rumored since the Switch was released. Not saying it ain't gonna happen but, like, it hasn't happened in the nearly 3 years of it being rumored.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I've been playing Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 for a good portion of the day; I'm back to work tomorrow, so I figure I should put some time into it while I've got the whole day off.

One thing I don't like is that it seems to have a lot of mechanics that remind me of free-to-play games, even though it's a full-price game. Overwatch is guilty of similar things (though thankfully, MUA3 doesn't have lootboxes), but between content that's (apparently) limited time only (and requires a lot of grinding to get) and XP Cubes (when previous games leveled up your entire team at the same time, at least from what I recall), it just seems weird to me.

Thankfully, playing online reduces the grind significantly (playing online once unlocked training level Delta for me, which bumps you up an an entire tier in online if you lose, two entire tiers if you win in online, and one entire tier if you win offline), and there's nothing significant locked behind the limited time challenges (mostly costumes and the concept art that comes with them; there are alternate palettes available in the in-game shop, but they don't unlock the concept art), but it feels like they planned to have XP Cubes as microtransactions, or other free-to-play elements, only to back off at the last minute.

At the very least, all of this makes it a LOT easier to level up my team - I probably should focus on getting my strongest characters (Magneto, Captain Marvel, the Hulk) even stronger, to complete the higher level challenges, but I like using a variety of characters, so I've been getting as many of them as I can into the 40-50 range.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Taylor was porting a FNAF themed model, and while I know little to nothing about renders, I do know how to ruin everything he makes.
View attachment 255597
Personally. I think the animatronics would be a lot scarier if they had guns.
Hm. I must punish you for this.

What if I went into your PC at night and screwed up the mesh?

Haha. Just kidding.

Unless...?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Taylor was porting a FNAF themed model, and while I know little to nothing about renders, I do know how to ruin everything he makes.
View attachment 255597
Personally. I think the animatronics would be a lot scarier if they had guns.
Hm. I must punish you for this.

What if I went into your PC at night and screwed up the mesh?

Haha. Just kidding.

Unless...?
Lowkey Beerus vs Champa atm.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Things been rumored since the Switch was released. Not saying it ain't gonna happen but, like, it hasn't happened in the nearly 3 years of it being rumored.
I didn't know that, I was mostly just talking about how it came up in online retailer listings within the past month or so and with Dragon quest getting a bit more attention in the west as of late I find it a bit believable that they would try cashing in on it now.

Also I don't want to buy it on PS4 only for the switch port to be announced soon afterwards. That's happened to me before and it's always awkward.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Tbf, considering hiw well Dragon Quest 11 and Builders 2 did on the Switch, it's not really much of a stretch to assume Heroes will be on the Switch.

It's not like that one rumor that claimed Red Dead 2 was coming to the Switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom