• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Back from the venue of LMBM. Only visiting today cause of **** I gotta do but I had a great time even though I wasn't competing. I got to meet and talk with people and play some high level sets. Even if high levels sets could be summarized as me only ever having a chance when they played a character besides their mains.

Maister in particular was incredibly approachable. I may hate G&W but don't let anyone tell you Maister is carried or bad, dude knows how to play lol.

Closest I got to beating someone using their main was against Chippy. I think I did damn good considering he played Inkling and I played Ridley.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Woah, next month I will have been on this site for 6 years...
95a (1).gif

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I didn't get a Shiny Magikarp, but that's fine. Got a bunch of Magikarp and Nuggets so it wasn't a waste of time.

>NootSpecificGuy

Edit: oh **** that's a double post. I'm ****ed now.
You want a free shiny one? I don’t mind trading one I caught a few while grinding and don’t have much use for them since I trained one up already

Brindor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2939-3197-6187
Can't believe I'll be 20 next year
Holy hell, I joined here when I was 14 and a friendless mute dork, times change

Shroob

Sup?
Okay but seriously you keep nuking all the themes I like.

Is it too much to ask for Orange? We got like, 2-3 red and blue themes, don't we? Where's the love for orange. The standard Yellow is way too jarring and the Red is too dark on the black background.

:drshrug:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Pretty apt that people are reminiscing about how long they've been here as it's exactly 10 years since I joined Smashboards today. It's kind of an odd feeling to think that there are posts on this website from when I was 14 years old, I'm not super proud of having my name attached to all of them mind you, but it's a fun little time machine to have. I guess I should just be thankful that Brawl Central went down, I'd hate to go back and look at what I wrote when I was just 11 years old lol.

Anyways, I've made a lot of good memories here, hopefully more will follow.

Last edited:

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
As much as some people don't want him and as much a central rule as the "game characters only" rule is, you gotta admit, Goku in Smash would break the internet.
Imagine if they actually added him but he ended up being low tier. I can taste the salt.
A PS4 controller next to a Switch?

Kratos is coming bois
No joke, he would be a pretty awesome character in Smash. Probably a KO meter or Terry's 100% type thing, long ranged attacks, long grabs and boomerang axe.
Me for the past few years.
*pat pat*
I hate online dating! I was talking to someone who said "I write poetry!" so I responded "That's awesome. I'd like to hear your poems sometime. I have been focusing on writing my sci-fi book currently. Speaking of books, have you read any good books lately? I've been meaning to go to the library to find a new book." then she says Goodbye "I really value a higher compatibility score. " What the hell? We barely had a conversation. The problem is women don't even give you a chance to start to get to know them. FML.
Imo dating in itself is a scam. It shouldn't be the goal, it should be a sporadic thing you agree to when the starts align. That way you are in it for real and like the person in their entirety and aren't just looking at the surface like "would I Of course I have very little experience so I may be talking from my bum, but that's how I see it.

I wanna go to another tournament eventually. I just wish I didn't hate the way I look and sound...

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
A dozen years and counting here. Imagine any time I think about it, I can feel myself get more rings like a tree does. It's hard to want to say much these days than "I miss the way things used to be/peeps we used to have here" back then, but I'm glad all the same that things panned out that way/those memories can even be a thing. There'll be new faces here and maybe some old ones returning whenever big stuff drops. You never know where we'll be by the next time this comes up as a conversation topic (other than not playing Metroid Prime 4, of course, as it'll still be in development next decade).

The only inevitability is that I will still hate speculah with a passion.

Back from the venue of LMBM. Only visiting today cause of **** I gotta do but I had a great time even though I wasn't competing. I got to meet and talk with people and play some high level sets. Even if high levels sets could be summarized as me only ever having a chance when they played a character besides their mains.

Maister in particular was incredibly approachable. I may hate G&W but don't let anyone tell you Maister is carried or bad, dude knows how to play lol.

Closest I got to beating someone using their main was against Chippy. I think I did damn good considering he played Inkling and I played Ridley.
Watching Squad Strike yesterday + watching people streaming later at night made it seem like a cool event (even if lots of unfortunate drop outs happened).

I'm envious, my friend and I have been wanting to travel out to Smash events again, but we couldn't attend (friend is going to New York but not for the same timeframe).

Maister has always been chill, glad to hear he's not letting things go to his head. I've loved watching him since Smash 4/before G&W made everyone hate everything. Dude deserves this type of respect from more people.

Okay but seriously you keep nuking all the themes I like.

Is it too much to ask for Orange? We got like, 2-3 red and blue themes, don't we? Where's the love for orange. The standard Yellow is way too jarring and the Red is too dark on the black background.

:drshrug:
I liked it too. Honestly wish more people would give skin feedback in a place we could keep track of it easier (I've seen a thread or two in Help from a Staff member, but most was offhand comments for things like April Fools' articles and profile posts somewhat sporadically). May bug someone about it personally soonish.

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
I find it a bit funny that I talk about potentially maining Ridley and incidentally people with Ridley avatars come out of the woodwork.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Although I've stopped watching Death Battle a few years ago. An cool match idea just suddenly came to my mind this morning.

King Ghidorah (Godzilla) vs. Ridley (Metroid)

Genocidal, sadistic space dragons that revels in causing death and destruction across space and planets.

I recall Ridley through some scaling is Planet level but depending on some incarnations too especially obscure versions that King Ghidorah could match him.

Edit: I looked it up. So glad I'm not the only one who thought of this one.

Last edited:

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
Although I've stopped watching Death Battle a few years ago. An cool match idea just suddenly came to my mind this morning.

King Ghidorah (Godzilla) vs. Ridley (Metroid)

Genocidal, sadistic space dragons that revels in causing death and destruction across space and planets.

I recall Ridley through some scaling is Planet level but depending on some incarnations too especially obscure versions that King Ghidorah could match him.

Edit: I looked it up. So glad I'm not the only one who thought of this one.
I would say that Ridley is canonically the size he is in Metroid Prime as someone pointed out that if he was bigger (especially in wings) in the 2D games, he would hog all of the screen and make playing really hard. So since they showed a pretty consistent size after those limitations stopped existing, that would be the closest to canon. Drawn versions are a little too obscure for me and probably exaggerate his height for shock value. That and he has spent time in caves and ships (even piloted ships) so a planet size would make that impossible.
Ridley is no Godzilla (or whatever that three headed thing is that I just googled) so he would stand no chance with force alone. Give the chance he could probably use his intelligence, troops and probably fetch high tech bombs though, but that would be prep.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Oh of course. I'm not well versed enough to really know but from what I know that's something he needs resources for.
My bad I thought you meant when I said scaling you meant being planet-size.

Regardless even if its a mismatch in King Ghidorah's favor. It'd still be an fun episode to watch although I'm doubtful it'll happen anyways.

Last edited:

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
My bad I thought you meant when I said scaling you meant being planet-size.

Regardless even if its a mismatch in King Ghidorah's favor. It'd still be an fun episode to watch although I'm doubtful it'll happen anyways.
No I did mistake what you said. I just said "of course" because I thought it obvious in hindsight that you meant what you did. I never really got into the series so I couldn't tell at first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom