• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Anyone here a fan of Guess Who? Well, it looks like there's a brand new edition coming soon:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Anyone here a fan of Guess Who? Well, it looks like there's a brand new edition coming soon:
Smash is for good boys & girls.

Therefore, Smash fan can't play this game.

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Just beat Dragon Quest XI S! Woop woop

Play time was just short of 100 hours, but I hear that there's a lot of postgame - makes sense too, as there were a few weird loose ends in the story I'm assuming are gonna be built upon plus a scene and the end of the credits (plus a whole load of locked doors I'm assuming there's a key for somewhere)

Really enjoyed the game but probably gonna hold back on writing a review until I've seen more of the postgame

Also, random note, but I thought the final boss' design was really cool

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

This kind of thing is why I hate their marketing strategy for DLC and why most companies don’t do it this way anymore. Capcom, NRS, Namco (kind of), they all reveal in bulk.

Like, when :ultjoker: was revealed, all I was thinking about was :ultjoker: coming to Smash. It consumed my thoughts for like 3 months and I got really in to Persona 5. Similar things would have probably happened with :ulthero: :ultbanjokazooie: and :ult_terry: if the period of knowing about them before release was a bit longer (and if I wasn’t already a massive Banjo stan). And there certainly wouldn’t have been this mindless thoughtless anti-hype generated by a mystery that you’re not supposed to figure out.

And I know I did complain about how long it was taking us to see more of Joker at the time. But that’s another problem I have with how they do DLC. They never give concrete release dates. Only windows. I think it’s better to give a date. Even if that date is far out. It gives you a goal to work towards. “This has to be finished by this time, get to work!” That kind of thing. At the very least it creates the perception of that in our minds and not the idea that “we’re just kinda workin on it when we can, sometimes over lunch. I think we got like, maybe a new animation done today. Chill out man, it’s ready when it’s ready. Just sit back and listen to the wind with us”.

I do acknowledge that not everyone gets that perception of their work ethic from this, but statistically a lot of other people must.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
No I did mistake what you said. I just said "of course" because I thought it obvious in hindsight that you meant what you did. I never really got into the series so I couldn't tell at first.
Ah alright.
Guys! The long waited trailer for Godzilla V.S Kong is coming out on 7th of January this year.^-^
You got a source for that? Looked it up on Google can't find anything.

D

Deleted member

This kind of thing is why I hate their marketing strategy for DLC and why most companies don’t do it this way anymore. Capcom, NRS, Namco (kind of), they all reveal in bulk.

Like, when :ultjoker: was revealed, all I was thinking about was :ultjoker: coming to Smash. It consumed my thoughts for like 3 months and I got really in to Persona 5. Similar things would have probably happened with :ulthero: :ultbanjokazooie: and :ult_terry: if the period of knowing about them before release was a bit longer (and if I wasn’t already a massive Banjo stan). And there certainly wouldn’t have been this mindless thoughtless anti-hype generated by a mystery that you’re not supposed to figure out.

And I know I did complain about how long it was taking us to see more of Joker at the time. But that’s another problem I have with how they do DLC. They never give concrete release dates. Only windows. I think it’s better to give a date. Even if that date is far out. It gives you a goal to work towards. “This has to be finished by this time, get to work!” That kind of thing. At the very least it creates the perception of that in our minds and not the idea that “we’re just kinda workin on it when we can, sometimes over lunch. I think we got like, maybe a new animation done today. Chill out man, it’s ready when it’s ready. Just sit back and listen to the wind with us”.

I do acknowledge that not everyone gets that perception of their work ethic from this, but statistically a lot of other people must.
Personally, I like the way Nintendo doesn’t do what there competitors do so that they stand out. Sure that means that people will complain(Please fix Nintendo Online dammit) but otherwise I have little to no complaints with how the dlc was handled this game.

Now the actual picks themselves I do have a bit of beef with, but that’s mainly my TCG anime bias speaking(Yugi for Smash when)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Watched another part of an walkthrough of Luigi's Mansion 3.

I think after I go to the mall which will be in 20 minutes gonna get back to more of the Ace Attorney anime. Currently on episode 16 as it is.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Today is the day that I am...

1578154645258.png

And I'm gonna begin binge-watching this series just because :p
In all seriousness, I'm looking forward to my family coming up for my birthday weekend. I've missed them and it's gonna be a fun time.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Personally, I like the way Nintendo doesn’t do what there competitors do so that they stand out. Sure that means that people will complain(Please fix Nintendo Online dammit) but otherwise I have little to no complaints with how the dlc was handled this game.

Now the actual picks themselves I do have a bit of beef with, but that’s mainly my TCG anime bias speaking(Yugi for Smash when)
There’s standing out and then there’s making the process easier for your consumers.

Maybe everyone else is doing it because it’s just a better way to do it?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

View attachment 255662

In all seriousness, I'm looking forward to my family coming up for my birthday weekend. I've missed them and it's gonna be a fun time.

Hope you have a good one! :)

Don't ask me why I picked this pic btw.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

View attachment 255662

Happy birthday! Have a good one.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So, apparently whoever made this Sprite bottle did a kinda bad job because a tiny piece of plastic on the bottle was jutting out, and I didn't notice it, and I cut my hand in two places trying to take off the cap. Now I have two band-aids on my hand and it hurts a lot. That sucks.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Eh. Sure. I can't trade right now, but when I can, I'll tag you.
Sure let me know I’ll be around throughout the day.

View attachment 255662

Happy Birthday!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

View attachment 255662

Yzma Birthday.gif

Have a gud one, my dood! :b:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom