• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
It in't even the end of the first day of the year and my predictions are wrong (I predicted we would wait until March for our first non-Smash direct).

I'm more suprised than anything, really.

D

Deleted member

Alright, it's still far from done, but I think I can say that I finished the biggest part of the lineart.
Next will be polishing and then...I don't know tbh lol. It's either I color her then put her gi, or I put her gi and then I color her.

Not too sure what I do first, but I hope you like what's here! It'd a bit rough in some places, but hey, first try are never the best as they say.

Noipoi Noipoi , Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! , AndreaAC AndreaAC , KarneraMythos KarneraMythos , Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy ,@Tako Tuesday ,@JDCabrera @Wademan94
Could I be tagged for posts of these sorts? I like seeing your stuff.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
We just basicallly got a direct confirmation why is it so dead in here lol
Because it's New Year's Day. A lot of people either A) do stuff, B) sleep off a wicked hangover, or C) work retail.

D

Deleted member

Alright, it's still far from done, but I think I can say that I finished the biggest part of the lineart.
Next will be polishing and then...I don't know tbh lol. It's either I color her then put her gi, or I put her gi and then I color her.

Not too sure what I do first, but I hope you like what's here! It'd a bit rough in some places, but hey, first try are never the best as they say.

Noipoi Noipoi , Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! , AndreaAC AndreaAC , KarneraMythos KarneraMythos , Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy ,@Tako Tuesday ,@JDCabrera @Wademan94
Damn, it is looking really awesome!

D

Deleted member

Damn, what a wonderful first day of year I had.

Yes, I literally didn’t sleep during a whole night and I fell asleep in the morning... but then my father’s family made a surprise visit to my house and we had lunch with them.

And let me tell you: they are way, way better than my mother’s family by a mile. This was legit the first family reunion of any kind I had in months that went 100% perfect and without any bad mood between all of us.

I also made progress in DQXI S thanks to my positive mentallity after that lunch.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

:) Keep it up, my friend! xD To me, personally, doing a clean line art is one of the most complex parts when it comes to a drawing...that is why most of the time I do rough sketches with some color. But sometimes I do feel pleased of how the lineart comes out.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
:) Keep it up, my friend! xD To me, personally, doing a clean line art is one of the most complex parts when it comes to a drawing...that is why most of the time I do rough sketches with some color. But sometimes I do feel pleased of how the lineart comes out.
Yeah, I'm actually thinking of doing just sketches next time, maybe color some of them if I like them enough. Because lineart takes wayyyy more time than I thought it would for my liking. I still try here and there, but it's not a guaranted I say as much.

Still hope what I do with Marsa will look clean enough.

D

Deleted member

Seeing that new Gamestop list, here are my hopes for a January Direct:

>Reveal of four DQ Heroes amiibo
>New 2D Metroid/Prime Trilogy
>First trailer of the Dragon Quest: Adventures Of Dai game adaptation
>Showcase of the free UA3 update featuring Black Bolt, Medusa and the leaked costumes (F4 won’t happen until Spring so don’t count on that yet)
>LEGO Marvel 1 port
>Western localization of Famicom Detective Club Switch
>New trailer for LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
>Master Chief Collection Switch
>Rare Replay
>KoF XIV

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Seeing that new Gamestop list, here are my hopes for a January Direct:

>Reveal of four DQ Heroes amiibo
>New 2D Metroid/Prime Trilogy
>First trailer of the Dragon Quest: Adventures Of Dai game adaptation
>Showcase of the free UA3 update featuring Black Bolt, Medusa and the leaked costumes (F4 won’t happen until Spring so don’t count on that yet)
>LEGO Marvel 1 port
>Western localization of Famicom Detective Club Switch
>New trailer for LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
>Master Chief Collection Switch
>Rare Replay
>KoF XIV
I'd kill for anything new regarding Metroid.

Just gimme something to fill the void while I continue waiting two or three more years for Prime 4, god dammit.

AndreaAC

Yeah, I'm actually thinking of doing just sketches next time, maybe color some of them if I like them enough. Because lineart takes wayyyy more time than I thought it would for my liking. I still try here and there, but it's not a guaranted I say as much.

Still hope what I do with Marsa will look clean enough.
I think that would be the best, starting with quantity to get better at other things that we artist need to learn in order to be able to deliver quality later on. Right now don't worry too much about that. :) You are doing pretty good for being your first time! xD Way better than me, I must say. My first time drawing with a tablet was pretty much shaky stuff.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I think that would be the best, starting with quantity to get better at other things that we artist need to learn in order to be able to deliver quality later on. Right now don't worry too much about that. :) You are doing pretty good for being your first time! xD Way better than me, I must say. My first time drawing with a tablet was pretty much shaky stuff.
Eh, my hands tend to shake quit easily. I need to redo alot of them to look decent.

My dyspraxia & me being too critical of my own work doesn't help either, but hey, you gotta live with your own flaws at time.

That, and seeing peoples liking my work despite my doubt always reassure me and push me to get better at it, and without you folks & others out there, I wouldn't be here to begin with.

So I hope this new year/decade will be the time to show my cool/weird ideas to the world as best as they can look! :)

D

Deleted member

I don't think I've been able to say this yet due to me being busy but Happy New Years/New Decade everyone! I hope this decade is a lot better than the last one cause it did have it's flaws but fortunately last decade did also have it's positives such as:

-Two Smash Games (Smash 4 and Ultimate)
-Ultimate in General
-A lot of good movies and games coming out and being able to experience them
and lastly but most importantly
-Finding and being apart of this community even if it has it's downsides there's a lot of cool people here such as Noipoi Noipoi @Taylor F Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! Lamperouge Lamperouge Hat N' Clogs Hat N' Clogs KarneraMythos KarneraMythos @JDCabrera TheCJBrine TheCJBrine Zinith Zinith Idon Idon Wario Bros. Wario Bros. Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 and Shroob Shroob just to name a few.

A lot of you are cool people and I'm very thankful to have met a lot of you. Here's to a new and better Decade!

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I don't think I've been able to say this yet due to me being busy but Happy New Years/New Decade everyone! I hope this decade is a lot better than the last one cause it did have it's flaws but fortunately last decade did also have it's positives such as:

-Ultimate in General
-Finding and being apart of this community even if it has it's downsides there's a lot of cool people here such as Noipoi Noipoi @Taylor F Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! Lamperouge Lamperouge Hat N' Clogs Hat N' Clogs KarneraMythos KarneraMythos @JDCabrera TheCJBrine TheCJBrine Zinith Zinith Idon Idon Wario Bros. Wario Bros. Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 and Shroob Shroob just to name a few.

A lot of you are cool people and I'm very thankful to have met a lot of you. Here's to a new and better Decade!
Thanks so much man! You too!

D

Deleted member

-Ultimate in General

Thanks!

Really hoping that 2020 is as good or even better than 2019 for me. It will be hard to top such a great year of my life, but maybe it happens.

D

Deleted member

-Ultimate in General

Aw, same to you, man. Keep being awesome!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

-Ultimate in General

I thank thee, friend! :b:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

-Ultimate in General

Aw, thank you.

Hopefully the coming years turn out to be amazing for all of us.

AndreaAC

Eh, my hands tend to shake quit easily. I need to redo alot of them to look decent.

My dyspraxia & me being too critical of my own work doesn't help either, but hey, you gotta live with your own flaws at time.
xD You are not alone on that. I actually have to use something that delays the movement of the pen for the line to look remotely decent. And I actually need to get used to this new laptop since the delay is not as big as it was with the other one I had so, I still lose a little bit of control. Same with the self criticism, and us sometimes being harsher than any other individual towards what we do. But, you are totally right.

So I hope this new year/decade will be the time to show my cool/weird ideas to the world as best as they can look! :)
:D I know you will, as you seem very determined to do so! :3 YES YOU CAN AND YES YOU WILL!

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

-Ultimate in General

Thank you shotostar. Glad myself and others could help you feel at home here on the boards.

I hope 2020 treats you well.

D

Deleted member

User appreciation post.

Probably gonna forget someone, but here we go.

Noipoi Noipoi - Generally a rad dude, very funny, and easy to talk to. Love you bro.... Platonically.
AndreaAC AndreaAC - Like Noipoi, generally a very radical dude. Creative and easy to talk to. (Seriously, I just go on rants and rants about creative stuff I do, and we both enjoy it. LOL I like listening to what you have to say as well.)
Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! - Who are you?
@JDCabrera - Again, generally a radical dude. 10/10 would chat with again
Aurane Aurane - I admit I don’t talk with you much, but I’d love to do so more. You seem like an awesome guy.
Hat N' Clogs Hat N' Clogs - Once again, a radical homie. Nice and honest. :)

if you arent on here your actually the worst

I’m joking, There’s way too many cool people for me to put on here. lol

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
xD You are not alone on that. I actually have to use something that delays the movement of the pen for the line to look remotely decent. And I actually need to get used to this new laptop since the delay is not as big as it was with the other one I had so, I still lose a little bit of control. Same with the self criticism, and us sometimes being harsher than any other individual towards what we do. But, you are totally right.

:D I know you will, as you seem very determined to do so! :3 YES YOU CAN AND YES YOU WILL!
Really, we all have problems, but all we should strive for as artist is this:
You're damn right I'm determinated to do this and get better at it. All thanks to peoples like you. :4pacman: And while I'm really tired since it's really late here, you can bet that even if I don't always manage to work on something, sometime later, I will get back and do more of it, because that's my passion.

WE. CAN. DO. IT.
samus thumb up.jpg

also, we have all a Nail in our head to cheer us up, so what is there to complain?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh, I may as well wish a part of my contreras from this site a new year.

So, wishing an awesome new year to osby osby , Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! , @Taylor F , staindgrey staindgrey , @Bolderousness , @Lesley Black Velvet , Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy , OffBi OffBi , Flyboy Flyboy , Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen , Gentlepanda Gentlepanda , Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku , Iridium Iridium , Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester , @Shishœ , DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon , Hinata Hinata , Daybreak Daybreak , Teeb147 Teeb147 , @ryumo the Zekenator , Noipoi Noipoi , AndreaAC AndreaAC , Lamperouge Lamperouge , Metal Shop X Metal Shop X , Franco Geno Franco Geno , Opossum Opossum , DerpingPikachu DerpingPikachu and many more of the dope people from the site who seriously helped me in one way or another during the past year.

May 2020 be for all of you what 2019 was for me or even better.

Last edited by a moderator:

AndreaAC

AndreaAC AndreaAC AndreaAC AndreaAC - Like Noipoi, generally a very radical dude. Creative and easy to talk to. (Seriously, I just go on rants and rants about creative stuff I do, and we both enjoy it. LOL I like listening to what you have to say as well.)
xD Hehe, thank you, Taylor! And well, I try to help however I can! :> And you know, I enjoy seeing you alongside other friends slowly but surely progressing in the projects you decide to put your mind on! I wish I had more knowledge on a lot of other stuff, but, I guess I need to be patient myself, for that.
xD Oh, you are a meanie! (jk xP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom