• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Has anyone else been having problems with putting in a new avatar profile? Tried doing that, but it ended up being a pain in the ass with constantly having to load up pics in the right size only to result in another error message.
Your image may be too big, or perhaps the uploaded isn’t working.

Dan

Smash Lord
How do the online event tournaments work? Do you have to sit through the entire thing or is it like Mario Tennis where you matchmake whenever you want based on your seed? I want to try the Melee one.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Good, I've managed to get my old profile back. I might keep it for a little longer, was planning on a new one for the start of the year.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Added two Pokemon to my battle ready box.

Galvantula and Heliolisk. I know I said Heliolisk before, but I finished training it, so now it's ready for battles. Galvantula has been around for almost two weeks now but I never got around to finishing it up. But it's done now, and ready to fight.

Think I have enough Electric Type Pokemon for now. Here's all of the Pokemon in my Battle Ready box.

Cinderace, Obstagoon, Grimmsnarl, Pangoro, Weavile, Hydreigon, Gardevoir, Gallade, Heliolisk, G-Drednaw, Inteleon, Lucario, Toxtricity, G-Butterfree, Golurk, Gengar, Galvantula, Ferrothorn, Tsareena, G-Sandaconda, Charizard, Hitmonchan, Mr. Rime, Dracovish, Silvally, Zacian, and Eternatus.

Nearly an entire box of Pokemon ready to fight.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
My avatar represents me today.

I've just been struggling to have energy and I ended up taking a half hour power nap by accident at my work desk. Fun times /s

D

Deleted member

Just sent in a bunch of my MTG cards to a nearby hobby shop so I can hopefully get some mulls.
Also whoever removed the Ass in the thread title; thank you!

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Taking a break from DQXI to resume my Blue Lions playthrough in Three Houses.

Mercedes' voice is driving me insane and I'm going to permanently bench her once I'm able to recruit Marianne lol.

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
How do the online event tournaments work? Do you have to sit through the entire thing or is it like Mario Tennis where you matchmake whenever you want based on your seed? I want to try the Melee one.
You can just jump in to these tournaments whenever you want and the game will find a tourney for you. At that point, it just works like offline tourney mode where you play a series of battles and try to win. If you lose, you can stay and spectate other people's matches or leave and join another.

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
Can someone tell me what joy cons are good for? Like specific games you need specific amount of? Do they have gyro and how many exclusive games use gyro?
Asking because I've been thinking about what controllers we should buy for smash. Thought we would get a second joy con and another controller because that would mean upto 5 players possible, but now what I know two joy cons cost like 80€ and you can get normal ones for like sub 30€. Been considering pro controller and gamecube controllers both made by PDP.

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
Can someone tell me what joy cons are good for? Like specific games you need specific amount of? Do they have gyro and how many exclusive games use gyro?
Asking because I've been thinking about what controllers we should buy for smash. Thought we would get a second joy con and another controller because that would mean upto 5 players possible, but now what I know two joy cons cost like 80€ and you can get normal ones for like sub 30€. Been considering pro controller and gamecube controllers both made by PDP.
Joy cons aren't necessary for most games, however they are the only controllers you can use for Super Mario Party and 1 2 Switch. For Super Smash Bros, I'd recommend GameCube controllers or Pro controllers. They're comfortable to use, and probably the best options for Smash. Also, sideways Joy Cons are just not practical for Smash so you might as well get something like a GameCube controller as it's cheaper and better to play with.

D

Deleted member

Joy cons are good for pretty much only a few games, the rest of which you’ll want a Pro/GameCube controller.
Of the top of my head:

Ring Fit Adventure
Pokémon Let’s Go P&E
Super Mario Party

almost any other game you would be better off using a pro controller, or other controllers.

Dan

Smash Lord
You can just jump in to these tournaments whenever you want and the game will find a tourney for you. At that point, it just works like offline tourney mode where you play a series of battles and try to win. If you lose, you can stay and spectate other people's matches or leave and join another.
Does it have to be done in one sitting?

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I hear images of Sans too because his "vocal" lines in Undertale/Deltarune are so memorable. They have that cadance to it that's recognizable and unique yet without becoming obnoxious.
I don't think anybody could find that "uhuhuhuhuhuhuh" obnoxious. It's a great text sound.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Alright, it's still far from done, but I think I can say that I finished the biggest part of the lineart.
Marsa exemple 12.png
Next will be polishing and then...I don't know tbh lol. It's either I color her then put her gi, or I put her gi and then I color her.

Not too sure what I do first, but I hope you like what's here! It'd a bit rough in some places, but hey, first try are never the best as they say.

Noipoi Noipoi , Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! , AndreaAC AndreaAC , KarneraMythos KarneraMythos , Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy , Tako Tuesday Tako Tuesday ,@JDCabrera Wademan94 Wademan94

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Haven’t seen anyone post about it yet, but it looks like we’re getting the usual pre-direct GameStop SKUs

There was a problem fetching the tweet

My prediction is for next Wednesday, the 7th, since they usually like to do Wednesdays, and there’s also a new firmware update then.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
This is actually how the Smashboards revolution begins. We must rise up against the tyrants and their lame threat titles with our superior memes and ****posts.
Y'know, I was gonna edit your post as a comical show of power/assertion of dominance, but then I realized I don't actually hold any power here.

As you were.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Haven’t seen anyone post about it yet, but it looks like we’re getting the usual pre-direct GameStop SKUs

There was a problem fetching the tweet

My prediction is for next Wednesday, the 7th, since they usually like to do Wednesdays, and there’s also a new firmware update then.
hypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehype

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

The 7th, you say.

Nintendo, give me Jill for my birthday, goddammit.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Well, so far on one account for the Guaranteed Gacha, I got Jeanne Alter and my first Parvati, who will go nicely with Atalante, Dantes and Lancelot when Skadi comes around. Haven't done my second one yet.
Gil off the GSSR

NP2 Hokusai from 30sq and 12 tickets
I got Amakusa Shiro from the GSSR and one Hokusai from the New Years Banner (from 16 tickets and 30 SQz).

Let me just say that pulling Hokusai from 30 SQz felt like the game's way of enticing me to quit my break from FGO, especially because she was one of my most wanted servants for this year, and pulling her this quickly with minimal orbs means I can still have a good number of orbs to save for Achilles when his banner drops!
So for my phone account(as Jeanne Alter was on my Pad account), I got Moriarty for my Guarantee. So that gives me a Buster 5-Star Archer to go with Summer Arthuria, not to mention I like his character and he is a Limited-only Summon. So cool that both of my Guarantees were Limited-only Summons and ones that I wanted.

Did an attempt for Hokusai on my phone account. I didn't get her, but I did get Francis Drake, which is nice as I didn't have an 5-Star AoE Rider(as Quetzal is Single Target).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom