• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Happy Birthday Wademan94 Wademan94

Also also, I wouldn't mind Connie and Steven drifting apart. I was never a big fan of the ship to the point that it was an OTP of mine anyways. Plus, now Stevonnie fans get to know how Sars fans felt if that's the direction it goes.

Plus we all know the end of the series is gonna be a happy ending anyways so it's not like the relationships are all completely totaled and ruined.

Though, maybe not do what Star Vs. the Forces of Evil did.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Rose Tyler is still my favorite traveling companion.

Also Handles needed more screentime than what I've heard he has.
You've seen Midnight, right?

For such a low budget episode, that has to be one of Tennant's best performances imo.
Didn't catch all of that one, sadly. My evening got busy mid-episode. If it's on again any time soon, I ought to record it.

For what I saw though, Tennant was still very much on-point.

Yes lol. 2016 was a very wack year lol. It was simultaniously very fun and very awful at the same time for me, depending on the month.

The early seasons of Modern Who are overall very good. Then there's a dip during Moffat's early time as show runner, but then things get better with Capaldi. But now they're in a dip again with s11; hopefully s12 is better.

And yes, I'm shocked lol. Normally you're more of a Papyrus than a Sans.
Shroob Shroob Wrong. Midnight is a Tennant performance, NOT a Smith one. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midnight_(Doctor_Who)
2016 was a serious mixed bag of a year.

Do you have any opinion on the 13th Doctor as of yet?

Every now and then there's one pun I can think up that I just have to use. And hey, as it turns out, I've gradually warmed up to punning again since 2018 lol.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

And yeah, some games don't give the same experience with save states. Though having them here and there isn't a bad idea, in case of softlocks.

osby

Smash Obsessed
IDGAF what other people do but a lot of the experience of playing challenging games is overcoming the trials. Take Dark souls 1 remastered. You go through the town for the first time. You beat this enemy and that enemy but a group gangs up on you. It's totally unfair. So you run back from the bonfire and beat the enemies a little easier then you get to the group and try something else. That may or may not work but there's always more. You get past the first group but get backstabbed. The next time you are better at clearing out the first group and avoid the back stab. You keep going and retrying all while getting a little better. After 20 minutes you're practically speedrunning through the early enemies. Then after all that trial and error you finally kick down the ladder and it MEANS something. It means you did it. You overcame countless odds and are ready to face the next grueling punishment. And you're a bad*** for it. That's the experience you can never get with save states.
I'll never get the same experience with anyone else because different people can't have live the same feeling.

Like, I think finishing long-ass JRPGs is super satisfying but I'm not going to force someone to do the same if sitting through hundreds of random encounters is not their definition of fun.

Everyone has their own reasons to play games and it feels silly to say one is better.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
No context Dr.Who:

The time the Doctor fought Satan

Unironically one of my favorite 2 parters just because the lore.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
As far as Dark Souls is concerned, yes, it makes you feel badass, but it's NOT because the game is unfair. It's challenging, but in no way is it unfair as you have all the tools you need to get through the areas.

Even then, most Souls fans absolutely HATE the bosses that require tedious trotting through a level to get to and hate bosses that are pure jank like Bed of Chaos. Save States and Rewind would help fix the problems with such bosses immensely and improve the overall enjoyment for many fans.

You can still feel like a badass for accomplishing the feat of killing a boss who's difficulty doesn't change with these features added. It does nothing to decrease the quality of the game itself.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Also also, I wouldn't mind Connie and Steven drifting apart. I was never a big fan of the ship to the point that it was an OTP of mine anyways. Plus, now Stevonnie fans get to know how Sars fans felt if that's the direction it goes.

Plus we all know the end of the series is gonna be a happy ending anyways so it's not like the relationships are all completely totaled and ruined.

Though, maybe not do what Star Vs. the Forces of Evil did.
>Series ends with Steven somehow completely destroying whatever scientific or magical force it is that allows Gem to be living beings in the first place to prevent all Gems from forming and ends all conflict to prevent more war, while also causing his own genocide.
>Last shot of the series is Steve and Connie staring at each other happily as an official couple, not kissing or even hugging. Just staring and standing still.

Agreed, let's definitely not do that.

Star Vs. the Forces of Evil's 4th season sucked. I'm not even holding back anymore. It wasn't just the series finale. The majority of the 4th season was awful. It was riddled with plot holes, storylines that had set-ups that led to absolutely nowhere, relationships ending off-screen, horrendous and pitifully inconsistent characterization for Star herself, awful pacing, shipping drama that finally got out of hand and overstayed it's welcome,. terrible "villains", little to no foreshadowing or buildup, and just bad writing all around. It's an insult to every prior season of the show and virtually all of it's characters.

/endrant

Sorry, I had to get that off my chest now that I've been reminded of that.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
>Series ends with Steven somehow completely destroying whatever scientific or magical force it is that allows Gem to be living beings in the first place to prevent all Gems from forming and ends all conflict to prevent more war, while also causing his own genocide.
>Last shot of the series is Steve and Connie staring at each other happily as an official couple, not kissing or even hugging. Just staring and standing still.

Agreed, let's definitely not do that.

Star Vs. the Forces of Evil's 4th season sucked. I'm not even holding back anymore. It wasn't just the series finale. The majority of the 4th season was awful. It was riddled with plot holes, storylines that had set-ups that led to absolutely nowhere, relationships ending off-screen, horrendous and pitifully inconsistent characterization for Star herself, awful pacing, shipping drama that finally got out of hand and overstayed it's welcome,. terrible "villains", little to no foreshadowing or buildup, and just bad writing all around. It's an insult to every prior season of the show and virtually all of it's characters.

/endrant

Sorry, I had to get that off my chest now that I've been reminded of that.
You're fine. A lot of fans feel the same way you do.

But to diverge from this, what do you guys think Nintendo has planned for 2020? I personally think a Kirby announcement and D/P Remakes are almost guaranteed.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'll never get the same experience with anyone else because different people can't have live the same feeling.

Like, I think finishing long-ass JRPGs is super satisfying but I'm not going to force someone to do the same if siting through hundreds of random encounters is not their definition of fun.

Everyone has their own reasons to play games and it feels silly to say one is better.
Let me ride on the Wall Of Death one more time. Let me ride on the Wall Of Death one more time. You can waste your time on the other rides but this is the nearest to being alive. Oh let me take my chances on the Wall Of Death.

Noipoi

Howdy!

But to diverge from this, what do you guys think Nintendo has planned for 2020? I personally think a Kirby announcement and D/P Remakes are almost guaranteed.
I bet Odyssey 2. It makes no sense that such a huge and successful game didn’t get any dlc, unless they were working on a sequel! Also predicting Diamond and Pearl remakes, the timing feels right.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Never forget the multiple attempts the staff and executives involved in the making of the original Doctor Who made to replicate the success of the Daleks. That's one thing I know about Classic Who.

Krotons. Quarks. You name it.

Shroob

Sup?
Noipoi Noipoi

Honestly Dragapult and Dracovish can be run together fairly well.

I saw a Rain team that peaked real ****ing high over on Smogon ages ago that ran both.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

Kirby feels like it's definitely happening, we usually get two-to-three per Nintendo handheld. Other than that, I'm actually thinking no Pokemon next year, and they got some big surprises for us for the end of year. I don't think BotW2 is next year.

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Lance doesn’t even run only dragons.

The ****ing fraud.
Remember Lapras being used by a Dragon Type Gym Leader?

I bet Odyssey 2. It makes no sense that such a huge and successful game didn’t get any dlc, unless they were working on a sequel! Also predicting Diamond and Pearl remakes, the timing feels right.
Yeah, I also think Odyssey 2 is pretty likely.

I'm womdering what ekse they could do to top the first game in spectacle, at least. I mean, Isle Delfino is already appealing and would be great for fanservice, but they can't use the Moon again, can they? Like how do you increase the grandiose feel relative to Earth's atmosphere beyond the Moon? Visit other planets? The Sun? The Earth"s core, maybe?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Mario on PS4/Odyssey 2 will be about Mario visiting many Nintendo worlds.

DK Island, Zebes, Hyrule, the F-Zero Grand Prix, Dream Land, Corneria and such.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Officially decided on Breath of the Wild.

Never played an Legend of Zelda game so I want to have the experience right away.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
It would actually be hype if one of those themed outfit Moons in Odyssey 2 requires a Paper Mario costume and entering the door brings you to one of the settings of the PM games. I personally think Super Paper Mario would work best because it's basically a platformer and it just transitions nicely on a 2D plane with 2D mechanics.

It would also be hype if we got the ability to swing a hammer like in the RPGS and even Super Mario Maker 2 now. 3D Mario with a hammer would've been in Mario & Luigi for the Switch, but as we all know, Alphadream is RIP.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Officially decided on Breath of the Wild.

Never played an Legend of Zelda game so I want to have the experience right away.
It's a bit of an outlier. Other games don't have weapon-breaking, or that you need to cook stuff to get any kind of healing item. It also has barely any direction(akin to Zelda 1, though that game has more structure). So keep in mind this isn't a normal experience. The core gameplay is more or less the same among typical Zelda games(give or take things like 2D, 3D, and extra unique mechanics, like Slash VS Stab). Are you trying to go for a core Zelda 3D experience, or just a core Zelda experience?

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Just wanted to quickly thank everyone for all the birthday wishes!! You don’t know how much they mean to me.
Oh Gosh, I am VERY late for this. T W T Sorry! But oh well! :D I hope you had a wonderful time celebrating alongside your loved ones, my friend! :happysheep:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom