• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
After seeing all the episodes so far I think that this tweet is absolutely going to be what happens In Steven u inverse future:

Steven is going watch as everyone in his life moves by. I think this is how wormy boy happens, Stevens going to corrupt himself and when the last beings left( the diamonds) neglect him for spinel; he’s going to breakdown.

This could be one hell of a rollercoaster for Steven at the very least.

And holy **** why is it so relatable?
No please

Don’t break up Stevonnie...

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
In terms of anime I currently narrowed it down to 5 to watch.
Fire Force
Angel Beats
Fate/stay night
Anohana
Grandblue Fantasy.
Hearing anime lovers on here might try it.
So in the end of deciding what anime to see I watched Saga of Tanya the Evil. And it was surprisingly good of an anime. Binged it.

Really enjoyed the fantasy WWI setting and the continuing mess the main character gets thrown through. I'd give it 8/10.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Hey y'all wanna see a really lame take:

The fact there are people who actually care how others play their games really is a testament to how people take the medium too dang seriously.
Was wondering when that would be brought up here. Retro game twitter has been arguing all day about it.

There are so many ways to play a game it's better to just not even go there: Ex. Emulation vs. Hardware, Single vs. Multiplayer, Speedrunning, Exploiting tricks/glitches/AI/physics, easy vs. hard, controllers, language barriers, etc.

My personal motto is:
Give a game my best shot, whatever point I deem that to be.
Follow the agreed upon rules for whatever multi-player format I'm engaging in.
When convenient try to use original hardware.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I LOVE the early part of the revived series. 10's my favorite doctor, and I've liked him the more I've watched the show. My runners-up are Doctors 12 (Peter Capaldi) and 2 (Patrick Troughton).

My favorite story is definitely Dalek, with Eccelston. It has everything: Doctor Who lore, very interesting characters, good character development for both the Doctor and his companion, good dialogue, good action... it's the complete and total package.
Same here. I do kinda recall you saying 11 was your favorite at one point in time, but I must be either mistaken, or your opinion just changed, since you did say you've liked him the more you've watched the show. :p And I really need to catch as many of the original series' episodes and serials as I can sooner or later, too. I don't really have any opinions on the original Doctors as of yet.

Dalek is a really, really good one, regardless of whether or not you're familiar with the Daleks from the original series. Eccelston's performance as the Ninth Doctor was great throughout his brief run, but his performance in Dalek in particular, you might say, was...Fantastic!:nessecho:

Just wanted to quickly thank everyone for all the birthday wishes!! You don’t know how much they mean to me.
Happy Birthday, my good friend!

I hope you had a wonderful day and celebration.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
After seeing all the episodes so far I think that this tweet is absolutely going to be what happens In Steven u inverse future:

Steven is going watch as everyone in his life moves by. I think this is how wormy boy happens, Stevens going to corrupt himself and when the last beings left( the diamonds) neglect him for spinel; he’s going to breakdown.

This could be one hell of a rollercoaster for Steven at the very least.

And holy **** why is it so relatable?
...They better not break up the OTP. Not this damn late into the show.

Oof. Thinking it over, I actually can't say I'd be all that surprised. I've had a worrying suspicion that something like this would happen with how uninvolved Connie's been since the movie and how she's actually busy and away in-universe as of now.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
As for the retro game debate:

I use save states. It helps save me time, and I still have to redo the specific part of the game before I can move past it. I already know how to do everything in the parts I've already got through: Why waste my time and play parts I know I can do instead of focusing on overcoming the part I'm struggling with? To each their own, but I truly believe the retro game community takes the way people play the games waaaaay too seriously.

Games are about fun. Fun in games is subjective. Insinuating there is a wrong way to play and a wrong way to enjoy video games when you aren't even the developer of the game is kind of arrogant IMHO.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I use the rewind feature in retro games cuz it saves time.

I mean, I already died. I already know not to do what I just did. I learned from the experience. It just means I don’t gotta go through the game over screen and get all the way back to where I was again.

D

Deleted member

While all this talk about "the right way to play video games" and Steven Universe has been going on, I've just been sitting here...doing my own thing..ya know, binging every single YGOPro video I can find
dgUGVD.gif

"That's just me, Ojama Lime!"

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Same here. I do kinda recall you saying 11 was your favorite at one point in time, but I must be either mistaken, or your opinion just changed, since you did say you've liked him the more you've watched the show. :p And I really need to catch as many of the original series' episodes and serials as I can sooner or later, too. I don't really have any opinions on the original Doctors as of yet.

Dalek is a really, really good one, regardless of whether or not you're familiar with the Daleks from the original series. Eccelston's performance as the Ninth Doctor was great throughout his brief run, but his performance in Dalek in particular, you might say, was...Fantastic!:nessecho:
Matt Smith WAS my favorite doctor way back in the ancient days of 2016 AD :p

But nowadays he's ranked high tier, but not #1. My perfection trifecta is Tennant, Capaldi, Troughton. That top 3 is hard set in stone. But he's still up there in my doctor hierarchy. Perhaps 4th-6th for ranking the doctors. His characterization in season 6 is a bit awkward at times though... and in general, season 6 is far and away my most hated season of the modern Doctor Who seasons. Season 7 has plenty of boring episodes, and so does Season 11... but those seasons are at least *watchable.* Season 6, on the other hand, makes no sense.

And I see what you did there lol.

MooMew64

I use the rewind feature in retro games cuz it saves time.

I mean, I already died. I already know not to do what I just did. I learned from the experience. It just means I don’t gotta go through the game over screen and get all the way back to where I was again.
I guess my confusion is why doing this is considered "bad". I don't use the Rewind feature (I do use Save States as previously stated), but who cares if someone uses one or both of those features? As long as someone had a good time, that's all that matters.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I'd probably like Capaldi more if his early stories weren't so...

Rough.

God I hated his first season's love side-plot that went ****ing nowhere.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
...They better not break up the OTP. Not this damn late into the show.

Oof. Thinking it over, I actually can't say I'd be all that surprised. I've had a worrying suspicion that something like this would happen with how uninvolved Connie's been since the movie and how she's actually busy and away in-universe as of now.
It makes so much considering she hasn’t been a big subject and is studying for nasa,college and more. It’s kinda of tropy but makes so much sense given how the first episode literally outlined she was super busy

D

Deleted member

I guess my confusion is why doing this is considered "bad". I don't use the Rewind feature, but I do use Save States as previously stated, but who cares if someone uses one or both of those features? As long as someone had a good time, that's all that matters.
From previous experience...the reason is gatekeeping. main reason I don't play games as much I as used too; got annoying fast having to "know" what new "rules" were being made just so that I didn't lose good boi internet points on reddit

Noipoi

Howdy!
I guess my confusion is why doing this is considered "bad". I don't use the Rewind feature (I do use Save States as previously stated), but who cares if someone uses one or both of those features? As long as someone had a good time, that's all that matters.
Cuz they gotta prove they’re real gamers and others are real lamers

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I'd probably like Capaldi more if his early stories weren't so...

Rough.

God I hated his first season's love side-plot that went ****ing nowhere.
Capaldi himself carries season 8 and makes it a good season.
Clara's not AS insufferable in s8 as she is in s7, but she's still annoying as butts.

Shroob

Sup?
Capaldi himself carries season 8 and makes it a good season.
Clara's not AS insufferable in s8 as she is in s7, but she's still annoying as butts.
I just really never felt the 'connection' between Clara and Danny.

I got that with Amy and Rory, but whenever Clara and Danny were on screen together, I was just begging for them to pan to Capaldi.

MooMew64

Cuz they gotta prove they’re real gamers and others are real lamers
I like hard games (I wouldn't suffer through Death Wish on A Hat in Time if I didn't) but not everyone is down for that.

What's funny to me is these people say "It's not being played as was intended!" When it's literally a feature added by the game's original creators.

And I'm like:

522.jpg

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Matt Smith WAS my favorite doctor way back in the ancient days of 2016 AD :p

But nowadays he's ranked high tier, but not #1. My perfection trifecta is Tennant, Capaldi, Troughton. That top 3 is hard set in stone. But he's still up there in my doctor hierarchy. Perhaps 4th-6th for ranking the doctors. His characterization in season 6 is a bit awkward at times though... and in general, season 6 is far and away my most hated season of the modern Doctor Who seasons. Season 7 has plenty of boring episodes, and so does Season 11... but those seasons are at least *watchable.* Season 6, on the other hand, makes no sense.

And I see what you did there lol.
Looks I remembered correctly then lol.

I always liked Tennant's performance and personality a lot, and after seeing some others I think he's still #1 for now. I've also gained a greater appreciation for him as an actor after seeing him in The Goblet of Fire and DuckTales, so that helps. His stories and the lore involved just push him up further and have helped in maintaining the spot of my favorite Doctor so far. Eccelston's Ninth is almost tied with him for his performance and stories, though.

I don't pun very often, but I couldn't resist that opportunity lol

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
This is gonna be the first gen I get into competitive I’m boutta breed a comp Dragapult lmao
tbh you could probably sit on wonder trade for 20-30 minutes and get a 5/6 IV dreepy way faster than you would breeding one. Everyone is breeding for a dragapult

Shroob

Sup?

I always liked Tennant's performance and personality a lot, and after seeing some others I think he's still #1 for now. I've also gained a greater appreciation for him as an actor after seeing him in The Goblet of Fire and DuckTales, so that helps. His stories and the lore involved just push him up further and have helped in maintaining the spot of my favorite Doctor so far. Eccelston's Ninth is almost tied with him for his performance and stories, though.

You've seen Midnight, right?

For such a low budget episode, that has to be one of Tennant's best performances imo.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

Yes lol. 2016 was a very wack year lol. It was simultaniously very fun and very awful at the same time for me, depending on the month.

The early seasons of Modern Who are overall very good. Then there's a dip during Moffat's early time as show runner, but then things get better with Capaldi. But now they're in a dip again with s11; hopefully s12 is better.

And yes, I'm shocked lol. Normally you're more of a Papyrus than a Sans.
Shroob Shroob Wrong. Midnight is a Tennant performance, NOT a Smith one. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midnight_(Doctor_Who)

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I wonder if some people realize that not everyone who plays video games can afford to sink hundreds of hours into them.

A lot of people play games in their precious free time and they'll rightfully prefer to have fun with them instead of frustrating themselves so that they can get better at the game.

Shroob

Sup?
Yes lol. 2016 was a very wack year lol. It was simultaniously very fun and very awful at the same time for me, depending on the month.

The early seasons of Modern Who are overall very good. Then there's a dip during Moffat's early time as show runner, but then things get better with Capaldi. But now they're in a dip again with s11; hopefully s12 is better.

And yes, I'm shocked lol. Normally you're more of a Papyrus than a Sans.
Shroob Shroob Wrong. Midnight is a Tennant performance, NOT a Smith one.
You know what I mean lol.

I'm already bad enough with names irl as is.

D

Deleted member

I like hard games (I wouldn't suffer through Death Wish on A Hat in Time if I didn't) but not everyone is down for that.

What's funny to me is these people say "It's not being played as was intended!" When it's literally a feature added by the game's original creators.

And I'm like:

People want to impose their version of fun, i.e "speedrun deluxe no cheats 100% final destination fox only" without considering anything else. AKA gatekeeping

Last edited by a moderator:

Rizen

Smash Legend
IDGAF what other people do but a lot of the experience of playing challenging games is overcoming the trials. Take Dark souls 1 remastered. You go through the town for the first time. You beat this enemy and that enemy but a group gangs up on you. It's totally unfair. So you run back from the bonfire and beat the enemies a little easier then you get to the group and try something else. That may or may not work but there's always more. You get past the first group but get backstabbed. The next time you are better at clearing out the first group and avoid the back stab. You keep going and retrying all while getting a little better. After 20 minutes you're practically speedrunning through the early enemies. Then after all that trial and error you finally kick down the ladder and it MEANS something. It means you did it. You overcame countless odds and are ready to face the next grueling punishment. And you're a bad*** for it. That's the experience you can never get with save states.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom