• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Hey y'all wanna see a really lame take:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

The fact there are people who actually care how others play their games really is a testament to how people take the medium too dang seriously.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

The fact there are people who actually care how others play their games really is a testament to how people take the medium too dang seriously.
Yeah, that makes no sense. You still beat the game. Just not in one sitting. There's a point to make that you "cheated" technically, and that's fair to say. But you still beat it.

Lame take indeed.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128

By that logic, merely playing a game on an emulator means not beating it even if you don't use any cheats that come with the emulator

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I'm not a Banjo fan but this reaction video still gets me feeling a little emotional every time I revisit it.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So our first AMA for next week will be:

and our second will be

if both are cool with it, expect their AMAs to drop next Tuesday and Saturday respectively

also, only 14 peeps left on the list. If nothing changes we'll get through all the AMAs by the 15th of February!

so if any of y'all who haven't participated yet and wanna sign up, now would be a good time.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
So our first AMA for next week will be:

and our second will be

if both are cool with it, expect their AMAs to drop next Tuesday and Saturday respectively

also, only 14 peeps left on the list. If nothing changes we'll be through the entire list by the 15th of February!

so if any of y'all who aren't on it yet wanna sign up, now would be a good time.
This can only mean one thing.

My time will come soon.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
The Ninth and Tenth Doctors are still my favorites at the moment.

11's been solid so far. He's got some of 10's casual and calculating dork personality and clearly shares a few quirks with him, but he's also much more full of himself and a lot more crazy. He's familiar, yet quite different at the same time.

As for a favorite episode, I don't yet have one, really.
I LOVE the early part of the revived series. 10's my favorite doctor, and I've liked him the more I've watched the show. My runners-up are Doctors 12 (Peter Capaldi) and 2 (Patrick Troughton).

My favorite story is definitely Dalek, with Eccelston. It has everything: Doctor Who lore, very interesting characters, good character development for both the Doctor and his companion, good dialogue, good action... it's the complete and total package.
Meanwhile my stomach keeps getting worse.
Have you taken meds for it yet?

D

Deleted member

Sorry to hear that. I hope you feel better soon.
Thanks.

I LOVE the early part of the revived series. 10's my favorite doctor, and I've liked him the more I've watched the show. My runners-up are Doctors 12 (Peter Capaldi) and 2 (Patrick Troughton).

My favorite story is definitely Dalek, with Eccelston. It has everything: Doctor Who lore, very interesting characters, good character development for both the Doctor and his companion, good dialogue, good action... it's the complete and total package.

Have you taken meds for it yet?
Just took one medicament, yes.

Time will tell if it takes effect.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Huh, wonder how many of the old crew back from Smash 4 leaks groups and NintenZone Social are still here, if any.
Hi, I'm an old user, who is in retirement.
Who just to came to see how things are.
I’m still here although my name was zoroarkrules25 back then

Noipoi

Howdy!
Anyway uhhhhh I don’t really have exact predictions on the next dlc characters, or even how many there are.

I’m just really feelin Doomguy, Travis Touchdown, and maybe Geno. And if there are first parties, Byleth and Toxtricity.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Anyway uhhhhh I don’t really have exact predictions on the next dlc characters, or even how many there are.

I’m just really feelin Doomguy, Travis Touchdown, and maybe Geno. And if there are first parties, Byleth and Toxtricity.
Is Toxtricity like the standout pokemon of Swoshi or something?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Well it’s my favorite so I’m kinda biased lol

It’s not Lucario levels, and I’m not saying it’s the only option. But it is one of the more prominent gen 8 monsters.
Fair enough.

I'd prefer Cinderace but I suppose another fire starter would be redundant with Charizard and Incineroar around.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Mike Matei NEVER had to use emulation for his reviews, or James Rolfe for that matter :yoshi:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Fair enough.

I'd prefer Cinderace but I suppose another fire starter would be redundant with Charizard and Incineroar around.
I mean like I said, there are others that would be cool. Cinderace, Dragapult, Obstagoon, there are tons of options. I do think Tox has a real good shot though.

...assuming there are first parties.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
How awesome would it be if Blast Corps from Rare had representation in Smash? I wouldn't mind.
1. Ramdozer
2. Backlash
3. Skyfall
4. Robotic Trio (Switch between Thunder Fist, Cyclone Suit and J-Bomb like the Poke'mon Trainer.)
5. Ballista
6. Sideswipe
All the vehicles themselves as fighters.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Anyone else playing the MHW Snowborn DLC? I just started so no spoilers.
I keep telling myself to sit down and play it but other games end up grabbing my attention. The most I've put into the base game since launch is about...20 hours, I think.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Fair enough.

I mean like I said, there are others that would be cool. Cinderace, Dragapult, Obstagoon, there are tons of options. I do think Tox has a real good shot though.

...assuming there are first parties.
I should get back to working on ideas for my Pokémon Smash game soon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom