• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I have never heard of Evangelion in my life, so that was actually coincidental.
It's not actually a direct reference and more related to how Evangelion heavily links Freudian death drive concept to maternal attachment issues.

You're welcome.

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
So I've been playing A Link to the Past on Switch recently, because I never completed my previous playthrough (I stopped in the final dungeon). But good Lord these games piss me off sometimes.

There's always some puzzle I get stuck at for ages, trying all sorts of things to figure it out, then I look online and figure out that the solution was super simple. I swear it's one of the most annoying feelings I've ever had playing a game and it happens consistently with this series.

I just find it hard to really get into this series and moments like this are part of the reason. Using guides to beat a game just takes me out of the experience, and makes overcoming challenges feel unrewarding.

Is it just me? Do others have this problem?
I've tried to get into these games time and time again, and everyone seems to love them so much, but It just isn't clicking with me. Maybe Zelda games just aren't for me.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
So I've been playing A Link to the Past on Switch recently, because I never completed my previous playthrough (I stopped in the final dungeon). But good Lord these games piss me off sometimes.

There's always some puzzle I get stuck at for ages, trying all sorts of things to figure it out, then I look online and figure out that the solution was super simple. I swear it's one of the most annoying feelings I've ever had playing a game and it happens consistently with this series.

I just find it hard to really get into this series and moments like this are part of the reason. Using guides to beat a game just takes me out of the experience, and makes overcoming challenges feel unrewarding.

I've tried to get into these games time and time again, and everyone seems to love them so much, but It just isn't clicking with me. Maybe Zelda games just aren't for me.
That's me but with Half-Life. Sometimes I'm absolutely stumped by how you're supposed to move on in an area and after I look around everywhere I search up a guide to the chapter only to find out I'm stupid and that the answer was in plain sight. For example, at one part, after clearing out the entire area of military, there is an automated door on a railway. I start to look everywhere for a switch to the door, another route like a vent, or a means to break down the wall that blocked my vehicle from moving further. I try what I thought was everything, and after getting frustrated I look up what I'm supposed to do next. Then, it turns out, I never tried to just walk up to the ****ing door, and it turns out that despite previous doors not automatically opening for Freeman, this one did. I was PISSED.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
That's me but with Half-Life. Sometimes I'm absolutely stumped by how you're supposed to move on in an area and after I look around everywhere I search up a guide to the chapter only to find out I'm stupid and that the answer was in plain sight. For example, at one part, after clearing out the entire area of military, there is an automated door on a railway. I start to look everywhere for a switch to the door, another route like a vent, or a means to break down the wall that blocked my vehicle from moving further. I try what I thought was everything, and after getting frustrated I look up what I'm supposed to do next. Then, it turns out, I never tried to just walk up to the ****ing door, and it turns out that despite previous doors not automatically opening for Freeman, this one did. I was PISSED.
I'd make a snarky comment about this but I got stuck in FF7 because I couldn't find Junon. The reason I was unable to find it was because walking into the giant cannon didn't work as I needed to be 1 step closer so I thought I couldn't go there

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I'd make a snarky comment about this but I got stuck in FF7 because I couldn't find Junon. The reason I was unable to find it was because walking into the giant cannon didn't work as I needed to be 1 step closer so I thought I couldn't go there
So we can just agree then that some of our favorite games can sometimes be carried by visually or mechanically obtuse design that over complicates things.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So we can just agree then that some of our favorite games can sometimes be carried by visually or mechanically obtuse design that over complicates things.
Oh no, this case was just me being a ******** as usual like how a good 90% of my losses as Terry aren't because I got outplayed but because I press the **** out of those buttons when I have GO, leaving me wide open cause I wanted to ask about their feelings

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
Oh my God, that's exactly how I feel. I won't lie, these moments are a bit funny to read when it's described after it happened, but in the moment it's the most infuriating thing and makes one feel unbelievably stupid.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Oh no, this case was just me being a ******** as usual like how a good 90% of my losses as Terry aren't because I got outplayed but because I press the **** out of those buttons when I have GO, leaving me wide open cause I wanted to ask about their feelings
See that's why you have to first perform the steps of the 0-death so that they have no choice but to tell you if they're okay.
Oh my God, that's exactly how I feel. I won't lie, these moments are a bit funny to read when it's described after it happened, but in the moment it's the most infuriating thing and makes one feel unbelievably stupid.
Well yeah, once they're a bit behind then they're less relevant cause at least you're past them, but in the heat of the moment where you realize you just bit your pride over a simple ****ing door, it's annoying.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Hey, peeps! I've come back home from my holiday vacation, it was nothing really spectacular about it though.

D

Deleted member

I feel the chips I ate for lunch felt really bad for me.

My trip doesn’t feel well enough to eat or drink anything and I’m sleeping way more than usual.

Dinner may have to be skipped tonight :(

D

Deleted member

That's fine. I typically find Zelda games to be slow with generic stories and uninteresting gameplay. A lot of little things that make me put the game down halfway through.

BOTW is the only one I seriously enjoyed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Any anime fans here? Been looking at Crunchyroll for half an hour and haven't decided to what to watch. Need a good recommendation.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

What anime have you already seen?
Around 30 I have seen.

Currently narrowed it down to 5 to watch.
Fire Force
Angel Beats
Fate/stay night
Anohana
Grandblue Fantasy.

My usual friend is gone off social media for a while so can't ask him for another week. Reddit is too messy. Hearing anime lovers on here might try it.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Around 30 I have seen.

Fire Force
Angel Beats
Fate/stay night
Anohana
Grandblue Fantasy.

My usual friend is gone off social media for a while so can't ask him for another week. Reddit is too messy. Hearing anime lovers on here might try it.
By Fate/stay night, you mean Unlimited Blade Works, right?

It's fun and has one of the more interesting world buildings out there. Though it's also an adaptation of a game longer than War and Peace so expect some pacing issues.

Dutch Raikuna

By Fate/stay night, you mean Unlimited Blade Works, right?

It's fun and has one of the more interesting world buildings out there. Though it's also an adaptation of a game longer than War and Peace so expect some pacing issues.
I really want to get into Fate. I love the character designs. It's what anime to start with.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I really want to get into Fate. I love the character designs. It's what anime to start with.
Yes, UBW is a good start.

It's actually the only start because other routes' adaptations are either a very old anime with a questionable direction or an ongoing movie trilogy.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Around 30 I have seen.

Fire Force
Angel Beats
Fate/stay night
Anohana
Grandblue Fantasy.

Drop crunchy roll
Get a torrent tracker like Deluge
Download MPC-HC
go to nyaa
download any anime (with enough seeders to make dling faster) from any era in the highest quality given and watch it through MPC
Enjoy
[Acebuster] Aim for the Ace! - 04 [BD 720p AAC] [69EF85A2].mkv_snapshot_08.35_[2018.08.03_15.3...jpg

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

Thats always been one of the biggest problems with Zelda puzzles, that there's only one specific solution players are expected to come to on their own.

OoT3D / Skyward Sword / ALBW all have hint systems to help players when they get stuck, but those aren't much better then using walk throughs.

That said, Wind Waker's puzzles tend to be more intuitive and follow a theme through each dungeon, which can make it harder to get stuck. Breath of the Wild has more physics-based puzzles with multiple solutions, and most of them are optional to boot. I'd recommend trying one of those two if you want to get into the series.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Hey man, how's it going?
Not well, tbh. I'm still trying to heal from the cold I have. And, I've been having massive stomach pain on and off and the runs for most of the day today. My health hasn't been good. I'm trying not to focus on it or complain, but those two things coupled together makes it hard to relax and rest with ease.

But other than that, I'm doing ok. I'm back in my home after a wonderful Christmas time with family, and right now I'm just eating some yogurt. It tastes really good.

D

Deleted member

Not well, tbh. I'm still trying to heal from the cold I have. And, I've been having massive stomach pain on and off and the runs for most of the day today. My health hasn't been good. I'm trying not to focus on it or complain, but those two things coupled together makes it hard to relax and rest with ease.

But other than that, I'm doing ok. I'm back in my home after a wonderful Christmas time with family, and right now I'm just eating some yogurt. It tastes really good.
I am also really bad right now.

I’m basically skipping dinner because lunch felt really bad for my stomach.

Dutch Raikuna

Drop crunchy roll
Get a torrent tracker like Deluge
Download MPC-HC
go to nyaa
download any anime (with enough seeders to make dling faster) from any era in the highest quality given and watch it through MPC
Enjoy
Honestly I would do that. Use Crunchyroll cause I've it on PS4 and Vita. Streaming wars crap is going to make me sail the seas eventually. Sadly governments are making it harder to do it. I know one provider (Sky) even shuts down your network if they see you on any illegal site now.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So that line about Lars and sadies ship sinking from the uncle grandpa crossover is canon now;
Also seems we have our first non binary character in the show now.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Honestly I would do that. Use Crunchyroll cause I've it on PS4 and Vita. Streaming wars crap is going to make me sail the seas eventually. Sadly governments are making it harder to do it. I know one provider (Sky) even shuts down your network if they see you on any illegal site now.
Ah that might be an issue
How are VPN's in europe? I imagine they take pirating stupidly seriously going by what I read.
Usually this shouldnt be an issue cause literally no one in japan is actively searching for IP addresses and prosecuting people for downloading decades old cartoons from across the world

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom