• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Been watching Doctor Who all day. The marathons have helped me catch up on the show and see a lot of episodes and stories I've been wanting to for a long time, now.

"Hey! Who turned out the lights?"
"I-I...can't...why can't I? I-I can't....why can't I?"

*Crackle* *Clunk*

Shroob

Sup?
"Donna Noble has left the library."

"Donna Noble has been saved."
God I loved 9-11's run.

10 had some kinda spotty episodes but he was fun as hell.

....Wish I could say the same about 12 tbh. 12 has so many baaaaaaaad episodes, and the sad thing is he has arguably one of the best episodes in the series' history.

Haven't watched 13.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
God I loved 9-11's run.

10 had some kinda spotty episodes but he was fun as hell.

....Wish I could say the same about 12 tbh. 12 has so many baaaaaaaad episodes, and the sad thing is he has arguably one of the best episodes in the series' history.

Haven't watched 13.
9's amazing, for as short as his run was.

And there's a reason why 10 is pretty much the most beloved and iconic Doctor next to 4.

Haven't seen 12 or 13 yet lol. And I really need to watch more of 11's episodes and serials. 10 and 9 are the modern Doctors I'm most familiar with right now.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
At what point does the simpsons become bad?

cuz I ain’t binging this whole thing.
The like first 15(or whatever amount aired before like (2010-2012) seasons are usually fun. Any episode before like 2010 should be nice watches, after that it started going downhill.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
9's amazing, for as short as his run was.

And there's a reason why 10 is pretty much the most beloved and iconic Doctor next to 4.

Haven't seen 12 or 13 yet lol. And I really need to watch more of 11's episodes and serials. 10 and 9 are the modern Doctors I'm most familiar with right now.
12's problem is the stories are just DULL imo.

The first season forces a love plot between his two companions that overstays its welcome and really doesn't amount to much, while also basically being forced to be the main point of every episode instead of the adventures.

There are some good episodes, but there's soo many dull episodes that are just "We're in England and something weird is happening", or experimental stuff that was clearly trying to be hip with the kids during its time(An entire episode done in found footage, for example).

I heard his run gets better near the end but, I kinda just lost interest due to how dull it was, and that's a shame since the episode Heaven Sent is considered one of the best episodes the series has EVER had..... only to be followed up by Hell Bent, which is considered one of the WORST episodes ever.

....and then they try to copy a couple of 9's episodes like Dalek and... yeah, I lost interest hard.

Rizen

Smash Legend
At what point does the simpsons become bad?

cuz I ain’t binging this whole thing.
IMO, seasons 1 and 2 weren't very good. Season 3 was rough but when it started to get good. 4-8 were it's prime. Seasons 9-11 were okay but going downhill. After that I stopped watching.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Haven't watched 13.
I don't think anyone wants to admit to watching 13 after 13 got announced.

It's second-hand embarrassment from seeing people go "woman???? no!!!!" every second, and then top it off with the same people giving every 13 episode a bad review with the same 'critique' of "woman???? no!!!!". Not a safe era for me to watch rn without seeing my feed built up with this ****.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I saw this Mafia City commercial on YouTube and it made me laugh. This dude is taking this chick on a date and the music in the background is sans. Or in otherwords, the song that plays when you meet Sans in Undertale.

Made me chuckle.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
That would've been even better if the writing weren't doo doo.

The next best thing would be having Sonic and Tails legit throw hands like in the Archie comics.

You dare bring something piqued with interest and not offer a link to save thou uncultured minds.

/s

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
You dare bring something piqued with interest and not offer a link to save thou uncultured minds.

/s

I watched that "Farewell Sonic forever?" Video. I'm not gonna lie, I kinda agree with his points. It feels like all Sonic is nowadays is making fun of the time period when they actually put effort into the franchise and making memes of the Sonic cast making funny faces.

It hasn't felt right in a long time.

...To this day I still don't understand why games like Sonic heroes and Sonic unleashed ever got any hate.
Look what I found.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The trailer for the Mario movie will either have an orchestral version of the classic Mario theme or some **** like Despacito.
You'll deal with Toads doing the Harlem Shake and you'll like it.
Part of me wonders how many people saying this will end up right and another part wonders how many people will watch it 'ironically'

Noipoi

Howdy!
Part of me wonders how many people saying this will end up right and another part wonders how many people will watch it 'ironically'
I’m watching it unironically either way cuz I’m a Nintendo fanboy.

Wether I intend to genuinely enjoy it or laugh at it, remains to be seen.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I don't go into movie theaters often as it is. If I'm/someone I know spending is spending money for me to watch a movie, it'll have to be something I give a **** about. Watching stuff "ironically" is a waste of cash.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
He did the animated stuff for Sonic Mania, helped re-designed the movie Sonic and made the Nipples the Enchilada meme. And works on Sonic comics.
hilarious how the video went from "ew, overeaction much? :troll:" to everyone in sonic agreeing with him

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
hilarious how the video went from "ew, overeaction much? :troll:" to everyone in sonic agreeing with him
I haven't seen it myself, so I can't say much on the video, I just know Tyson's got some decent influence in Sonic to some extent.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Gaming has never seen a revolution like a yellow ball in a maze.

I’m losing my ****ing mind.
We need such a character in Smash ASAP. Although don't go with the maze, maybe something like...a crude looking town?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I decided to go to replaying a game via an emulator, and it's odd that it won't properly save outside of save states. >.<

Though at the very least I should be able to test out if the Japanese version of one game has the rest of the same programming oddities as the US version.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Welp, with that Netflix series being a thing, I might as well familiarize myself with the Witcher franchise the only way I know how: taking advantage of the Steam winter sale and buying the entire trilogy even though I'm supposed to be focusing on trying to get my Switch controller to work with that SNES emulator I recently downloaded

D

Deleted member

I completely agree with this comment I found on a Youtube video about Roy’s story.

77355452-4A3C-4876-BB40-FA819B8B0883.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom