• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It's a bit of an outlier. Other games don't have weapon-breaking, or that you need to cook stuff to get any kind of healing item. It also has barely any direction(akin to Zelda 1, though that game has more structure). So keep in mind this isn't a normal experience. The core gameplay is more or less the same among typical Zelda games(give or take things like 2D, 3D, and extra unique mechanics, like Slash VS Stab). Are you trying to go for a core Zelda 3D experience, or just a core Zelda experience?
Just a core Zelda experience. I recall Breath of the Wild is basically a reboot from the original timeline too IIRC.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Imma need that Cynthia redesign
I'd just be the most hyped over the fact that my first ever Pokemon generation would finally get beautifully remade, quite possibly likely for the Switch.

Gen 4 was my first generation and Pearl was my first game, so it means something to me on a personal level. It helps that Gen 4 also introduced Luxray and it's line.

D

Deleted member

I'd just be the most hyped over the fact that my first ever Pokemon generation would finally get beautifully remade, quite possibly likely for the Switch.

Gen 4 was my first generation and Pearl was my first game, so it means something to me on a personal level. It helps that Gen 4 also introduced Luxray and it's line.
Same deal for me.

Noipoi

Howdy!

I started in gen 5 but I very quickly got my hands on gen 4, so I’m super nostalgic for Sinnoh.

To me remakes have always just been new Pokémon games. It’ll be great to finally get that feeling of “wow, I remember this!”

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Today I imagined a future where, in the midst of a Third World War and an American Holocaust, a bunch of people take the costumed identities of once famous superheroes and advanced weaponry to liberate the country and inspire the people of the world, who also begin to take up these identities and together manage to beat back the main aggressors. Many of these costumed heroes die, but are remembered in memorials at the new United Nations headquarters, which is renamed to the Justice Society in memorium.

This is the kind of thing that happens when you combine boredom, politics, and comic books.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
We’re also getting Donkey Kong Country Returns 3 and a proper Paper Mario next year.

Totally.

Fo reals guys.

Please?
View attachment 254924
I woildnt cross out a potential Paper Mario reveal next year. Given the times of release of previous games it lines up well.

Granted, that can't assure the quality of the game.

As for D and P remakes, I just want my all-powerful Arceus and Primal Dialga or something like that.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Today I imagined a future where, in the midst of a Third World War and an American Holocaust, a bunch of people take the costumed identities of once famous superheroes and advanced weaponry to liberate the country and inspire the people of the world, who also begin to take up these identities and together manage to beat back the main aggressors. Many of these costumed heroes die, but are remembered in memorials at the new United Nations headquarters, which is renamed to the Justice Society in memorium.

This is the kind of thing that happens when you combine boredom, politics, and comic books.
Today I imagined I had a gf

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Omg it would be amazing if they made special themes for each member of the Creation Trio (we already have Giratina's) and Dialga's really is just a remix of Primal Dialga ugh. I haven't played PMD but that ****ing song is amazing.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Just a core Zelda experience. I recall Breath of the Wild is basically a reboot from the original timeline too IIRC.
I don't remember story factors, but yeah, game is definitely different from the usual stuff. It's still core to a degree. A Link to the Past is one of the best options for 2D(overhead) that said. It's challenging, but generally fair. RNG won't screw you over though the enemies can be tough and it feels a bit unbalanced in how long it takes to get the Blue Tunic.

OOT is a great 3D experience. It helps you get into the overall series well, since it's a bit handholing to a degree. But if you're not new to adventure games, BOTW sounds pretty good too.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Star Vs. the Forces of Evil's 4th season sucked. I'm not even holding back anymore. It wasn't just the series finale. The majority of the 4th season was awful. It was riddled with plot holes, storylines that had set-ups that led to absolutely nowhere, relationships ending off-screen, horrendous and pitifully inconsistent characterization for Star herself, awful pacing, shipping drama that finally got out of hand and overstayed it's welcome,. terrible "villains", little to no foreshadowing or buildup, and just bad writing all around. It's an insult to every prior season of the show and virtually all of it's characters.

/endrant

Sorry, I had to get that off my chest now that I've been reminded of that.
I didn't watch it, but I've gotten enough word of mouth to know what exactly happened. Don't worry, I'm doing my best in regards to writing my stories to avoid those sorts of things. That's why I've hardly made anything I've created public.

Shroob

Sup?
Who'd a thunk scooping up cards that people were selling during panic sells at the start of Master Rule 4 woulda paid off.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Will Will Holy **** I forgot I had a stack of ****ing Gold-Rare Bahamut Sharks just sitting in my tin.
Shroob Shroob gold rare bahamut sharks are six bucks a pop at tcgplayer right now

toadally awesome runs for ****ing 18 right now though, jesus

Shroob

Sup?
Shroob Shroob gold rare bahamut sharks are six bucks a pop at tcgplayer right now

toadally awesome runs for ****ing 18 right now though, jesus
My friend played Paleo and has a full-decked out deck with 3 Toad. He doesn't really play **** anymore(And when he does he just plays BA), so I'm def lookin' at wheelin' and dealing.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Will Will Holy **** I forgot I had a stack of ****ing Gold-Rare Bahamut Sharks just sitting in my tin.
For myself, I have a bunch too. Same version. Helps I bought a lot of the Premium Gold stuff.

It'll probably rise in price closer to April 1st, when the rule change happens. But it's hard to say, since we have a new list coming out within the next two weeks. Konami has pre-hit some stuff to prevent certain combos. Like Morphing Jar #2 was hit to prevent a new FTK from popping up with Jackpot 7. I doubt Shark will matter even then, unless we get Norden back, but eh.

Shroob

Sup?
For myself, I have a bunch too. Same version. Helps I bought a lot of the Premium Gold stuff.

It'll probably rise in price closer to April 1st, when the rule change happens. But it's hard to say, since we have a new list coming out within the next two weeks. Konami has pre-hit some stuff to prevent certain combos. Like Morphing Jar #2 was hit to prevent a new FTK from popping up with Jackpot 7. I doubt Shark will matter even then, unless we get Norden back, but eh.
As is, only matters in Rogue decks, and Heroes.

Heroes are currently the only real deck that can run Bahamut+Toad, and it'll be more consistent with that Bubbleman replacement coming soon, but otherwise, there just aren't enough decks that can reliably run a Water Level 4 in the maindeck, unless you're like, Fluffals.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
As is, only matters in Rogue decks, and Heroes.

Heroes are currently the only real deck that can run Bahamut+Toad, and it'll be more consistent with that Bubbleman replacement coming soon, but otherwise, there just aren't enough decks that can reliably run a Water Level 4 in the maindeck, unless you're like, Fluffals.
A lot do run Instant Fusion for Rare Fish too, though my guess is you also meant that.

And yeah, that's why I'm not sure it'll matter much. Mermails on the other hand can easily crap it out, regardless of Rare Fish. That's just an extra way to make it easier(to say the least, Norden was also a factor).

Shroob

Sup?
I guess Shaddolls could since they got that new Level 4 that's water.

I guess.

Actually a Construct backed up with a Winda and Toad sounds horrifying rofl.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Aw DAMMIT. I'm so jealous.

I still haven't caught one in SwSh yet.
Good luck! I’ve been trying to shiny hunt in it too for various things with no luck since falinks. Until yesterday when I revived 30 arctozolt at a time and reset to get its shiny. Only took me like 15 resets totally which was really nice considering I put over 100 hours across other hunts with no results. Hopefully the luck will come to you soon and you can get it!

osby

Smash Obsessed
tfw you meet a trainwreck of a person online and you become friends because you're a trainwreck too:

1577602828375.png

Noipoi

Howdy!
It’s two in the morn

I’ve got somewhere to be in seven hours

I’m boutta write a script for a cartoon about a man who’s best friend is a rock

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I guess Shaddolls could since they got that new Level 4 that's water.

I guess.

Actually a Construct backed up with a Winda and Toad sounds horrifying rofl.
That's a deck that needs Norden back, really. Though to be fair, Paleos just can't compete without a copy of Grass. Multiple Toads will be slightly better come April, but they have no consistent way of filling their GY at this point.

Also, the problem is Toadally Awesome requires Water monsters to tribute, and Shaddolls don't run a lot of Waters. It's not just about making Toad, it's also about having good fodder. It's why it does barely anything these days, since the best decks that can even make it lack the actual fodder for its negation on average. Keep in mind OCG had 2-3 Grass, so they could make it easily with Paleos(part of why it was hit, the other way cause Shark was a thing for a while). It only recently went back to 3, among the last year. Though to be honest, they could just ban Shark and watch the whole problem go away.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Are Sidon and Kass gonna be in BotW 2?

I hope so. If not, give us more good bois, Aonuma. You can never have enough.

Shroob

Sup?
That's a deck that needs Norden back, really. Though to be fair, Paleos just can't compete without a copy of Grass. Multiple Toads will be slightly better come April, but they have no consistent way of filling their GY at this point.

Also, the problem is Toadally Awesome requires Water monsters to tribute, and Shaddolls don't run a lot of Waters. It's not just about making Toad, it's also about having good fodder. It's why it does barely anything these days, since the best decks that can even make it lack the actual fodder for its negation on average. Keep in mind OCG had 2-3 Grass, so they could make it easily with Paleos(part of why it was hit, the other way cause Shark was a thing for a while). It only recently went back to 3, among the last year. Though to be honest, they could just ban Shark and watch the whole problem go away.
OCG's just a weird format to begin with and makes me happy that the TCG is hyper conservative.

I wouldn't wanted to live in a format with 3 Maxx "C" and 3 Phantazmay lol.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
OCG's just a weird format to begin with and makes me happy that the TCG is hyper conservative.

I wouldn't wanted to live in a format with 3 Maxx "C" and 3 Phantazmay lol.
Oh, agreed. 1 Grass, sure. But Maxx "C" needs to stay dead. The new hand trap looks interesting, though. ...If it was a year ago when Links were rampant.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
BOTW baby! my personal favorite of the bunch

Odyssey can be beaten in under 2 hours and is super easy to beat (around 5-10 sittings even for an ultra-casual playthrough) so I would save that one for later.
Yeah, if you're a speedrunner...

Not sure why you even brought that up when the average player is going to sink time into the game well beyond a couple of hours.

Hell, BotW can be beaten in under an hour.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i mean the only cards im buying are Ojama ABC and some new train cards to update my train deck since level eater is banned and all that

StormC

Smash Hero
Replaying Pokemon White 2 on Challenge Mode... man, BW2 is something else. It's a game where you think "oh yeah, that's really good," but you don't realize how good it is until you replay it. The presentation, music, mechanics, content, story... it all comes together into an incredible package. I've replayed a lot of Pokemon games this year, but ending on BW2 is a very high note. This is my first time playing Challenge Mode and it really does a lot for replayability, especially the Gym Leaders which can be surprisingly tough.

While Platinum is still my favorite game, largely because it has my favorite region and batch of new Pokemon, BW2 really feels like the ultimate culmination of the design philosophy GameFreak had during the DS years. It's harder to analyze my enjoyment of it on paper because of a distinct lack of nostalgia (came out while I was in college) but every time I revisit it I just have a really, really good time. On the other hand, despite my nostalgia and love for gen 2 and its remakes, on HGSS replays the faults become more and more apparent, while the opposite happens with BW2. Gen 2 had the biggest impact of any of the Pokemon sequels, but things like leveling and pacing leave a lot to be desired, whereas even deep into the postgame BW2 is still challenging and engaging the player. It's a shame nothing released since BW2 has lived up to its potential.

I don't think it's a bad thing to enjoy something because of nostalgia though. Nostalgia doesn't have to be a dirty word. Taking nostalgia and impact into account, I'd rank BW2 and HGSS nearly the same in enjoyment and appreciation, but the more I replay them the harder it is for me to make the argument that HGSS is better as an overall package. (Walking Pokemon certainly goes a long way though!)

Also, I think BW2 does a really good job winning people over who weren't over the moon with BW. A lot of a person's enjoyment of BW will rely on how they feel about the story and focus on new Pokemon. BW2 does the smart thing by de-emphasizing the story and adding 150 old Pokemon to the region in addition to all the other great content and improvements.

Platinum > BW2 => HGSS > BW > rest is in constantly in flux but that top 4 feels pretty solid at least.

But seriously though, that music. I don't know what the composers were snorting during gen V, but I want some. Easily the best OST in the series:

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Watching episode 9 of Steven Universe Future and... Yikes. I get why they're doing this with Steven's character, but that doesn't mean I can't hate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom