• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Wowzer. What a ride. While nothing surprising aside from a BoTW sequel, they sure managed to pack a lot of content in it!

The Dragon Quest trailer was awesome. In terms of presentation and direction it was top notch. Impressive and interesting scenario with a cool showing of the four heroes (are they alts or echoes? I am guessing alts but you never know...) While I have no interest in the series, they certainly sold me on the idea on the moveset. The use of magic was incredibly well handled. I can't wait to use Klang, Snooze, and Kamikaze (puts Snake to shame when you literally blow yourself up!) in battle. Definite purchase for me and I didn't care about their inclusion prior.

Banjo's trailer was full of charm and wit that was reminiscing of Rare's olden days. As someone who used to be a fan of Banjo, I smiled. While his moveset hasn't sold me, Spiral Mountain looks amazing. It's what I envisioned it to be, and Gruntilda showing up is a bonus. K. Rool made the trailer for me. He was hilarious.

For the games: Luigi's Mansion 3 impressed me a lot. Looks very fun. I'm sold.
Still not digging Astral Chain. It's probably just not my thing.
Animal Crossing I am ambivalent towards as always, but it looked nice.
The 2D Zeldas look amazing - including Cadence of Hyrule which releases IN TWO DAYS. Wow!
BOTW sequel? Did not expect it. Not a big fan of open world games, but they most likely won E3 with the Banjo trailer and that announcement for most people.
Some cool ports and indie titles which I may take a gander at. Finally an excuse to own Resident Evil for myself? Played it at my cousin's and I liked it enough.

Nintendo's E3 was good due to how they directed the conference. It didn't have many new reveals, but the way they did it was something else.

On a side note, Vergeben clearly has a good Smash source and must be listened to from now on. Being skeptical is fine, but what the man says goes for me now. He's proven himself in the DLC era now, I have no reason to doubt him other than for safety measure.

I also want to point out that these two reveals are for Nintendo fans/console owners. This means that "global appeal" is less of a factor and should have less say in your predictions. Personally I think this is a small win for Phoenix as these two series have strong Nintendo origins, meaning it's entirely possible they pick him over bigger Capcom series like Resident Evil and DMC if the demand/interest is there. Not going to lie, my hopes for him went up a bit due this. From 20% to a cool 25%. I'll just hope and pray I get what I seek.

Aaaand we are finally back in the dark. No rumors, no leaks. We have no idea who to expect next and that's going to be a nice change of pace around here and other Smash communities.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
BANJOOOO amazing! And that Spiral Mountain stage :-o

After what Persona delivered in Smash, I expected nothing less. This looks so much better and more promising than the Smash 4 DLC.

YEEEEEEEEEEEES

Shroob

Sup?
Wowzer. What a ride. While nothing surprising aside from a BoTW sequel, they sure managed to pack a lot of content in it!

The Dragon Quest trailer was awesome. In terms of presentation and direction it was top notch. Impressive and interesting scenario with a cool showing of the four heroes (are they alts or echoes? I am guessing alts but you never know...) While I have no interest in the series, they certainly sold me on the idea on the moveset. The use of magic was incredibly well handled. I can't wait to use Klang, Snooze, and Kamikaze (puts Snake to shame when you literally blow yourself up!) in battle. Definite purchase for me and I didn't care about their inclusion prior.

Banjo's trailer was full of charm and wit that was reminiscing of Rare's olden days. As someone who used to be a fan of Banjo, I smiled. While his moveset hasn't sold me, Spiral Mountain looks amazing. It's what I envisioned it to be, and Gruntilda showing up is a bonus. K. Rool made the trailer for me. He was hilarious.

For the games: Luigi's Mansion 3 impressed me a lot. Looks very fun. I'm sold.
Still not digging Astral Chain. It's probably just not my thing.
Animal Crossing I am ambivalent towards as always, but it looked nice.
The 2D Zeldas look amazing - including Cadence of Hyrule which releases IN TWO DAYS. Wow!
BOTW sequel? Did not expect it. Not a big fan of open world games, but they most likely won E3 with the Banjo trailer and that announcement for most people.
Some cool ports and indie titles which I may take a gander at. Finally an excuse to own Resident Evil for myself? Played it at my cousin's and I liked it enough.

Nintendo's E3 was good due to how they directed the conference. It didn't have many new reveals, but the way they did it was something else.

On a side note, Vergeben clearly has a good Smash source and must be listened to from now on. Being skeptical is fine, but what the man says goes for me now. He's proven himself in the DLC era now, I have no reason to doubt him other than for safety measure.

I also want to point out that these two reveals are for Nintendo fans/console owners. This means that "global appeal" is less of a factor and should have less say in your predictions. Personally I think this is a small win for Phoenix as these two series have strong Nintendo origins, meaning it's entirely possible they pick him over bigger Capcom series like Resident Evil and DMC if the demand/interest is there. Not going to lie, my hopes for him went up a bit due this. From 20% to a cool 25%. I'll just hope and pray I get what I seek.

Aaaand we are finally back in the dark. No rumors, no leaks. We have no idea who to expect next and that's going to be a nice change of pace around here and other Smash communities.
This really needs to be brought to attention.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Y'know, I'm actually surprised people aren't talking more about what seems to be Zelda being playable in a mainstream Zelda game for the first time ever.

Side note, this story better involve Sidon taking Mipha's place and becoming the next Zora Champion.
We're still on a Smash Bros. forum. The reason there isn't much talk of it is because everyone's still blown away by Banjo and Kazooie's reveal. That is a big deal for Smash, Nintendo, Microsoft, Rare, and the fanbases of both Smash and B&K, especially long-time fans of either.

That being said, I hope you're right. It kinda looked like Link got captured there. Which might be permanent until a later point in the game, in turning meaning Zelda would have to step up for a different purpose and take action herself. Come on! Let us play as Zelda already!

I'd approve of more Sidon, too.

Noipoi

Howdy!
With Brave out of the way and the Microsoft rep settled, it’s a new era of speculation.

It’s a whole new word we live in!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Just what I expected. We got Luminary, a worldwide appeal character, as the face, with the rest as alts.

I also expected a generic character name due to that.

Banjo I expected since Shinobi posted. Not the order I expected them in, but that's alright.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Wanna see Game Freak do what they do best?

Here you go.
Hope your favourite is in Galar.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Y'know, I'm actually surprised people aren't talking more about what seems to be Zelda being playable in a mainstream Zelda game for the first time ever.
That's the dream, but it's just a cutscene. There's nothing to indicate that she'll actually be playable.

In fact it looks like she might even be going back into damsel in distress role. You can see the ground collapse underneath her, while it's it doesn't under Link. Yeah...she'll probably get trapped down there first thing when the game starts.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Whelp. Time to collect some souls.

• @ryumo the Zekenator , If Banjo gets in, you will marathon the entire Bubsy mainline series.
  • Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku , if Banjo is in, you will eat paper.
  • @Teeb147 , if Banjo is in, you will drink a shot of hot sauce. I assume the sauce in question is your choice.
  • @ShinyLegendary, if Banjo is in, you will have to change your avatar for a month on @Connorb0t2 's request. Evidence is on this.
  • Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen , if Banjo is in, you will have to watch the first two seasons of Game of Thrones.
  • @redfeatherraven, if Banjo is in, you will edit your avatar via requests from the thread

Congratulations to @TotsBS, @ShotoStar, @tehponycorn, SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 , @Onereasonanddone, and Raxxel Raxxel for joining me on this crazy and stupid bet.

Oh yeah, and @Onereasonanddone. I'll attend your funeral. Good luck with X6
Tag me on all these challenges! I wanna see!
Can we say that technically @Onereasonanddone didn’t technically loose because it’s not “Erdrick” it’s “The Hero”

LOOK AT THIS RENDER

Luminary looks like Marth to me. This is the price of playing swordies.
Where did these tenders come from!?!

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
THE THREE HOUSES LEAKS WERE 100% REAL I AM ECSTATIC.

Luigi's Mansion 3 is looking wonderful.

Nessa is the best name for a Galar Water Gym Leader. Nessie hype!

Both Smash trailers were amazing. Four DQ Heroes for the price of one and Banjo-Kazooie! Spiral Mountain music was a bop. Also I have to ask, who is the fourth Hero? I know Erdrick, Luminary, and Eight through general info osmosis, but I don't know who the fourth one is lol.

BotW2 is incredibly hype, and Link's Awakening remake continues to impress.

Also Chrom, Incineroar, and Simon all release on the same day RIP my wallet oof.

This may have just been Nintendo's best E3, or at least tied with 2017.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I’ve always wanted to play Banjo Kazooie but I have just really never got around to it.

Well the future is now, lads.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
When all the boys are finally back in.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Both Smash trailers were amazing. For DQ Heroes for the price of one and Banjo-Kazooie! Spiral Mountain music was a bop. Also I have to ask, who is the fourth Hero? I know Erdrick, Luminary, and Eight through general info osmosis, but I don't know who the fourth one is lol.
The fourth one is from Dragon Quest IV, but unlike the other characters who's default name is often the number, his default name is Solo while the female version is named Sofia.

D

Deleted member

THE THREE HOUSES LEAKS WERE 100% REAL I AM ECSTATIC.

Luigi's Mansion 3 is looking wonderful.

Nessa is the best name for a Galar Water Gym Leader. Nessie hype!

Both Smash trailers were amazing. For DQ Heroes for the price of one and Banjo-Kazooie! Spiral Mountain music was a bop. Also I have to ask, who is the fourth Hero? I know Erdrick, Luminary, and Eight through general info osmosis, but I don't know who the fourth one is lol.

BotW2 is incredibly hype, and Link's Awakening remake continues to impress.

Also Chrom, Incineroar, and Simon all release on the same day RIP my wallet oof.

This may have just been Nintendo's best E3, or at least tied with 2017.
He's the hero from Dragon Quest IV
download (3).jpg

Was going to pull up a bigger image form the Dragon Quest wiki, but the site is so overwhelmed with visitors it's out of service lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom