• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
So, who do you guys think the last 2 characters are goung to be?
One of them will definitely be from Pokemon Sword/Shield. It makes sense due to how it would promote the new generation of pokemon games. It works for sales.

The other slot? No idea. As an OW fan I hope it's Tracer but that's not likely at all.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
The memes have begun.

-Removed due to censor dodging-

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
That's the dream, but it's just a cutscene. There's nothing to indicate that she'll actually be playable.

In fact it looks like she might even be going back into damsel in distress role. You can see the ground collapse underneath her, while it's it doesn't under Link. Yeah...she'll probably get trapped down there first thing when the game starts.
Really hope that isn't the case.

Zelda's frequently been a great character even when she's also a damsel in distress, but I really hope they don't retread that that role this particular time around. Aside from the fact that it'd be a refreshing change of pace, lots of folks have really wanted the chance to play as her in addition to or instead of Link. That too would be awesome.

Iridium

Smash Hero
It's Four, not Seven. That said, Four also isn't his name. His actual default name is Solo while the female version is Sofia. So yeah, we have Daisy Ridley And Solo in Smash.
Didn't know the second part.

Wonder if there is a female alt in the group?
Considering they only showed only the four of them, I believe they would add the female alts for the last four spots there.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The only one left for me right now is Crash Bandicoot...

But until then, I will finally make my dream crossover between Samus and Eight while waiting for the F4 DLC in UA3.

Also picking Banjo to help resurrect the series for people like Noipoi Noipoi or Freezerburn Freezerburn

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I did say that if Erdrick was in they better reveal a strong western character to avoid backlash with him.

And they actually ****ing did it. Good to know Nintendo has their marketing on point.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Whelp. Time to collect some souls.

• @ryumo the Zekenator , If Banjo gets in, you will marathon the entire Bubsy mainline series.
  • @Smashing Ramen, if Banjo is in, you will eat paper.
  • @Teeb147 , if Banjo is in, you will drink a shot of hot sauce. I assume the sauce in question is your choice.
  • @ShinyLegendary, if Banjo is in, you will have to change your avatar for a month on @Connorb0t2 's request. Evidence is on this.
  • Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen , if Banjo is in, you will have to watch the first two seasons of Game of Thrones.
  • @redfeatherraven, if Banjo is in, you will edit your avatar via requests from the thread

Congratulations to @TotsBS, @ShotoStar, @tehponycorn, SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 , @Onereasonanddone, and Raxxel Raxxel for joining me on this crazy and stupid bet.

Oh yeah, and @Onereasonanddone. I'll attend your funeral. Good luck with X6
I gotta admit... I did not think you were gonna get away with both of your bets.

Especially not on the same day.

But well done, my friend. You actually pulled it off.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Wanna see Game Freak do what they do best?

Here you go.
Hope your favourite is in Galar.
I expected that they'd eventually cut Pokémon, but I didn't think it'd already be in Sword and Shield. I'm fortunate enough that most of my favorites are from Gen 1-3, I don't expect many of those will be absent (every Gen 1 Pokémon will probably be there because of Let's Go), but I think it'll be a difficult pill to swallow for fans who primarily like the newer generatoins.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?
At this point, I'm 100% abso-****ing-lutely sold that one of the last 2 is a Resident Evil character.

Don't even @ me.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I see more people getting salty over Erdrick than I do with people getting hyped over Banjo.

As for my predictions for the last 2 characters: Someone from RE, and maybe another Bandai Rep? I have doubts on the last one since they didn't get another rep for DLC like Sega and Capcom did in Smash 4. Maybe Steve, but that depends on his fate.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
One of them will definitely be from Pokemon Sword/Shield. It makes sense due to how it would promote the new generation of pokemon games. It works for sales.

The other slot? No idea. As an OW fan I hope it's Tracer but that's not likely at all.
First person I've seen on this site who's actually somewhat confident about a new Pokemon. Actually, you're one of the few who still thinks we can get first-parties in general.

It's refreshing, in a way.

D

Deleted member

Accidentally posted this in the E3 thread so reposting it here

Well I guess i don’t have a choice, better make this first post count.

Hi everyone!

OK now that introductions are out of the way HOLY **** SAKURAI I LOVE YOU
Not much into BK, but seeing you post made it worth in my opinion.

osby

Smash Obsessed
All four heroes look cool, but it's kind of a bummer if they come at the price of female versions.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Wait he’s legit just called “The Hero.”

That’s weird.
Eh, I don't see that imo.

Plus, I don't think he would look better with teeths.

But really, have you seen how happy they are? That make my heart go....gneh, too wholesome.
I suppose creepy isn’t the word. Maybe... “odd.”
DK has always had retractable teeth. This is actually pretty standard, I'd say he looks cute even. I mean, just look at this Tropical Freeze render.
View attachment 227349
Seamlessly toothless.
Yeah looks better in this render.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Posted this elsewhere but I'm mentioning it here, too.

Astral Chain still looks really cool, and I am definitely going to get it if it continues to maintain my interest.

Spyro on the Switch is also extremely hype. I've been waiting for that for a while, now. Looks like I'm finally going to be playing the Reignited Trilogy, after all!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Didn't know the second part.

Considering they only showed only the four of them, I believe they would add the female alts for the last four spots there.
But Luminary and Eight don’t have female alts. We could still get Sophia and Fem-Drick, but there would have to be something else to those two.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
The one thing I do find kinda funny though...

Every leaker was saying Erdrick.

But in the end, Erdrick himself was just an alt.

No one even said Eight or Solo at all.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Wait. This one has a female version. So does Erdrick. Do Eight and Luminary have female versions?
The only DQ games where you can have a female main character are Dragon Quest III, IV, IX and X. Eight and Luminary don't have counterparts while Erdrick and Solo do.

D

Deleted member

Yo osby osby , I'm happy to see that I can finally have one of my most wanted getting into Smash and also in my avatar like you.

It will be amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom