• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Whelp. Time to collect some souls.

• @ryumo the Zekenator , If Banjo gets in, you will marathon the entire Bubsy mainline series.
  • @Smashing Ramen, if Banjo is in, you will eat paper.
  • @Teeb147 , if Banjo is in, you will drink a shot of hot sauce. I assume the sauce in question is your choice.
  • @ShinyLegendary, if Banjo is in, you will have to change your avatar for a month on @Connorb0t2 's request. Evidence is on this.
  • @Cutie Gwen, if Banjo is in, you will have to watch the first two seasons of Game of Thrones.
  • @redfeatherraven, if Banjo is in, you will edit your avatar via requests from the thread

Congratulations to @TotsBS, @ShotoStar, @tehponycorn, SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 , @Onereasonanddone, and @Raxxel for joining me on this crazy and stupid bet.

Oh yeah, and @Onereasonanddone. I'll attend your funeral. Good luck with X6
Jokes on you, I retired from the bets a few days ago. New job doesnt allow me much free time lately :b

I'll play Bubsy 3d someday though.
I see more people getting salty over Erdrick than I do with people getting hyped over Banjo.

As for my predictions for the last 2 characters: Someone from RE, and maybe another Bandai Rep? I have doubts on the last one since they didn't get another rep for DLC like Sega and Capcom did in Smash 4. Maybe Steve, but that depends on his fate.
Meh, dunno why people are complaining. They got their bear, we got our swordman. Some people are just stupid with their hype culture ****.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The only DQ games where you can have a female main character are Dragon Quest III, IV, IX and X. Eight and Luminary don't have counterparts while Erdrick and Solo do.
So.... what could be Luminary and Eight’s equivalents to this concept if female Erdrick and Sophia get in?

Iridium

Smash Hero
But Luminary and Eight don’t have female alts. We could still get Sophia and Fem-Drick, but there would have to be something else to those two.
Honestly not sure what they would do. Perhaps just simple color swaps for those two at the very least.

D

Deleted member

What was the deal with the hero trailer? Is it teasing new WoL content?

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So... some bad news from E3... I think Retro Studios' previous game got canceled...

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
The memes have begun.
I love this so much. I will admit though, it was rather sweet to see Steve half revert back to his true face when he realized the power of nostalgia and what this hype means.

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also calling it now, if geno’s costume doesn’t come back he’s in without a doubt. At that point DLC would be nearly perfect. If he’s in though I don’t think it’s on the pass.

I think after today mii costume theory is pretty likely

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I kinda wanted retro Erdrick instead of the newer, taller style, so that was a bit of a bummer for me, love Toriyama's old style.

Still, I'm interested in seeing how the whole spell system works in action, do you actually have to use a menu or is it just an aesthetic? Seems like a difficult thing to implement seamlessly into the game, but it has a lot of potential. That kamikaze move is the ultimate disrespect move.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wait he’s legit just called “The Hero.”

That’s weird.
No one really knew how the trailer was going to pan out? Luminary getting in Smash is cool, and Japan probably is flipping out right now. But then they showed Erdrick blacked out inbetween DQ 4's and 8's protagonist, meaning he was like a reveal within a reveal. It really goes to show how big DQ 3 and Erdrick really was if he got that much attention, even capping off the trailer with the final smash

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So... some bad news from E3... I think Retro Studios' previous game got canceled...
Maybe, however there was still that robot arm hidden in the artwork they gave Reggie. Which if it’s on official merch made by retro I would say it stands a change of happening still.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Wanna see Game Freak do what they do best?

Here you go.
Hope your favourite is in Galar.
Oof. That's all I really have to say on this. Just oof.

I guess the transition to HD was really rough on Gamefreak after all. Only the original 150 being in Let's Go should've been a red flag, but I figured by the time Gen 8 came around they'd have everything sorted out by then.

I know they're stubborn about it but I really hope Gamefreak embraces patching in content.

Shroob

Sup?
Untitled.png

I just....don't have anything else to add.

Everyone is here.

And yet, we still have 2 guests coming.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Also, to celebrate E3, there are a lot of games on sale right now in the Switch e-shop. Buy em while you can, my dudes.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Wait he’s legit just called “The Hero.”

That’s weird.

I suppose creepy isn’t the word. Maybe... “odd.”

Yeah looks better in this render.
To be fair, Erdrick is just a title for the hero, like the others.

D

Deleted member

Banjo and DQ both got into Smash, World Peace shall be achieved within the day

D

Deleted member

God, if Crash is in this pass I won't need another Smash Bros game ever again.

I would basically have everyone I wanted with him.

D

Deleted member

Also renders for Erdrick, Eight, and Solo (Warning, extremely large images)

Ivander

Smash Legend
So.... what could be Luminary and Eight’s equivalents to this concept if female Erdrick and Sophia get in?
I can see simple palette swaps working, considering Joker's school outfit only has 2 colors.

That said, Eight and Luminary do have alternate costumes.
https://www.rpgsite.net/feature/5252-dragon-quest-viii-3ds-guide-how-to-unlock-all-the-costumes
https://www.justpushstart.com/2018/09/dragon-quest-xi-costumes-outfits/
For Eight, most likely he'd get the Dragovian armor as that actually plays a role with his backstory and getting one of the different endings. As for Luminary, the Erdwin set would seem likely.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I'm off to bed after I rewatch Hero and Banjo's trailers 20 more times. It's nearly 4 am o.O

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Sooo...can we pretty please play as Zelda in BOTW 2?
You know, in addition to the sheer awesome factor that would come with being able to play as Zelda, Link being a Badass in Distress would actually be pretty funny. At least from a meta standpoint.

D

Deleted member

Now we need Agumon and someone else
Hoping for Zoe (lemme dream) but expecting Hayabusa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom