• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Broke: having regular stuff on your iPad’s gallery

Woke: having a gallery of Metroid and Dragon Quest 3D models from Smash Ultimate doing t-poses

F175140E-F853-4DBF-9535-62D81B5E7FEF.jpeg

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Alpharad has been busy trying to rate characters he can beat in a fight and it's funny because the comments basically point out how he, Jo, and Ellie get clapped by 99% of the characters.

D

Deleted member

The answer to your question is yes, but it has nothing to do with Hatterene, and OOPS, look at that, I tripped and dropped the conversation
That would probably be helpful.
Time to NECROOOOOOOOOO THIS CONV----

Wait, this isn't Wikia, you can't get banned for actually just talking...
https://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/f/f0/Cm_soldier_pregamefirst_rare_02.mp3

Artifacts, eh?

This reminds me of Mirrodin

Which reminds me of Phyrrexia

Which reminds me that a story thread that MtG once tried pushing was space hitler vs space lesser-hitler.
huh? I only got into MTG like a year ago(last christmas, in fact. So tomorrow is my 1 year anniversary!) and while I wouldn't consider myself a knows-how-the-lore-****ing-works guy, uh pretty sure the people(well, literal aliens) didn't really have a super-hitler-like-leader

Shroob

Sup?
Time to NECROOOOOOOOOO THIS CONV----

Wait, this isn't Wikia, you can't get banned for actually just talking...
https://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/f/f0/Cm_soldier_pregamefirst_rare_02.mp3

huh? I only got into MTG like a year ago(last christmas, in fact. So tomorrow is my 1 year anniversary!) and while I wouldn't consider myself a knows-how-the-lore-****ing-works guy, uh pretty sure the people(well, literal aliens) didn't really have a super-hitler-like-leader
Look up Yawgmoth.

The Brother's War and Yawgmoth's story is a huuuuuuuuuge rabbit hole of insanity and incredibly controversial and touchy subjects.

D

Deleted member

Look up Yawgmoth.

The Brother's War and Yawgmoth's story is a huuuuuuuuuge rabbit hole of insanity and incredibly controversial and touchy subjects.
Oh, Yawgmoth? Thought he was just that one giant beast thing that showed up once, died, then cursed a place. Didn't think he was that big of a guy.

Anyway, what format do you mainly play? Personally, I play exclusively Commander(playgroup literally won't play anything else, outside of the ultra-rare draft/Standard game)

Shroob

Sup?
Oh, Yawgmoth? Thought he was just that one giant beast thing that showed up once, died, then cursed a place. Didn't think he was that big of a guy.

Anyway, what format do you mainly play? Personally, I play exclusively Commander(playgroup literally won't play anything else, outside of the ultra-rare draft/Standard game)
I can't afford to play Magic lol. ****'s a rich man's game.

I've looked into Pauper but was swiftly told "Goblins are ass" and never looked back.

But yeah nah. Yawgmoth was a human, and pretty much a neo-nazi in ideology, The Phyrexxians are quite literally his Master Race.

MainJPW

M.T.A
I do find it interesting that Piccolo is playable from the get go, even though he straight up died early on up until mid-late Frieza arc, but Krillin remains support even though he had to pull his weight for the Saiyan and Namek arcs.

On top of that, both were team players for the Android and Cell arc, heck, everyone (except Yamcha) had a moment to shine in that arc, so I don't quite get it. My assumption is that Piccolo fought Frieza and Cell, so he got top dollar, but otherwise, no much else.
It's most definitely the lack of major 1v1 fights in the series. Same reason Yamcha, Ten, Chaoz, the boys and 18 are assists.

Piccolo had had way more big fights than all of them.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
A Goomba could kick my ass
Damn, you must be small. I doubt they can jump high enough and do a kick. Unless they're using a Kuribo's Shoe, well... your ass is ultra kicked.

What do you mean your point isn't related to actual kicking?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I do find it interesting that Piccolo is playable from the get go, even though he straight up died early on up until mid-late Frieza arc, but Krillin remains support even though he had to pull his weight for the Saiyan and Namek arcs.

On top of that, both were team players for the Android and Cell arc, heck, everyone (except Yamcha) had a moment to shine in that arc, so I don't quite get it. My assumption is that Piccolo fought Frieza and Cell, so he got top dollar, but otherwise, no much else.
Also, I lnow it was filler, but Krillin did have that fight against Imperfect Cell at the airport.

In other words, I just want him playable. I may be biased because Krillin is the best characrer, but he is like the only OG that's not Goku or Bulma to still be a main character (aside from ToP Roshi).

D

Deleted member

I can't afford to play Magic lol. ****'s a rich man's game.

I've looked into Pauper but was swiftly told "Goblins are ass" and never looked back.

But yeah nah. Yawgmoth was a human, and pretty much a neo-nazi in ideology, The Phyrexxians are quite literally his Master Race.
Dunno about not being able to afford MTG. As long as you aren't playing the cluster**** that is Standard atm, or even just exclusively Draft(aka you pay a small fee, crack some cards, make a deck, and you keep everything after you play a tournament) it tends to be fairly budget.

Hell, if you only play draft, you usually can earn your money back, if not more!

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It's most definitely the lack of major 1v1 fights in the series. Same reason Yamcha, Ten, Chaoz, the boys and 18 are assists.

Piccolo had had way more big fights than all of them.
Guess that would explain why Trunks is playable, because he fought against Cell that one time.

Yes, I know he fought Frieza too, but that was so horrendously one-sided that I don't think that qualifies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I’m 5’9.

Meaning I’m legally a manlet. Meaning a Goomba could physically jump up and kick my ass.
Huh. Not much smaller than me. I know people way smaller than that, really.

I mean, we could brings the Goombas to you by lifting them up if you want~

Shroob

Sup?
Dunno about not being able to afford MTG. As long as you aren't playing the cluster**** that is Standard atm, or even just exclusively Draft(aka you pay a small fee, crack some cards, make a deck, and you keep everything after you play a tournament) it tends to be fairly budget.

Hell, if you only play draft, you usually can earn your money back, if not more!
If I'm playing a format, I wanna play it for life, and to be at least somewhat competitive in the process.

Standard is......pepega

Modern is neat but uhhhhhhhhh yeah that's expensive

Vintage and Legacy are :omegalul:

That pretty much leaves Pauper and Commander, and not really a fan of lugging around a 100 card deck.

D

Deleted member

If I'm playing a format, I wanna play it for life, and to be at least somewhat competitive in the process.

Standard is......pepega

Modern is neat but uhhhhhhhhh yeah that's expensive

Vintage and Legacy are :omegalul:

That pretty much leaves Pauper and Commander, and not really a fan of lugging around a 100 card deck.
Being an avid Commander fan 4 life, 100 card decks seem super big, but they aren't really that bad. Just make sure you have enough space in your deck box; most cheap ones won't be big enough, and you'll need to splurge on a bigger one.

If you don't want that, Brawl is literally just Commander, but 60 card decks instead(also you can use a Planeswalker as a commander instead + it rotates out.)

Shroob

Sup?
Being an avid Commander fan 4 life, 100 card decks seem super big, but they aren't really that bad. Just make sure you have enough space in your deck box; most cheap ones won't be big enough, and you'll need to splurge on a bigger one.

If you don't want that, Brawl is literally just Commander, but 60 card decks instead(also you can use a Planeswalker as a commander instead + it rotates out.)
Yeah, I hate set rotations, that's why I play YGO.

Even if the deck I play stops being Meta, I can still play it, or worst comes to worst, use it for parts.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I hate set rotations, that's why I play YGO.

Even if the deck I play stops being Meta, I can still play it, or worst comes to worst, use it for parts.
Agree here. Set Rotatation is something I hate with a passion.

I like how Vanguard does it; There are 2 formats; Premium and Standard.

Standard is only all the cards shown in the current anime series(and it's not a set in stone rotation, will just happen at the end of the anime)

Then you have Premium Standard, which includes EVERY card, Standard-legal ones included. No weird deck building requirements here.(outside of having a super cluster-**** of a board with the G-Zone and Imaginary Gifts + Legion + literally every other mechanic)

Last edited by a moderator:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Sonic is just a ****** in a blue suit. Don't buy his games.

This just means he constantly has his entire chest and stomach hanging out like a weirdo. I thought Smash was for good boys and girls?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I just beat Celeste. On one hand, it's a well-written game (especially towards the end, when it starts addressing Madeline's depression and reason for climbing the mountain), and I could really connect with Madeline as a character, along with her sense of relief once she reaches the peak of the mountain.

On the other hand, that game is absurdly difficult and I am not going to do anything like that again if I can avoid it. I died 1580 times in the base story alone, and I didn't even try to get the Crystal Hearts, find all of the strawberries (I got 54 out of 170-ish strawberries) or find/complete the extra-difficult B-side levels (and I've read that there are C-side levels, which are even MORE challenging).

The game's got a great story, and it rewards patience and observation, but on the other hand, you need to have an extremely high tolerance for dying over and over again. (or situations where you die if you don't have insanely good timing)

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Damn missingo really is spinel holy ****. I can’t believe I didn’t think of this:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I just beat Celeste. On one hand, it's a well-written game (especially towards the end, when it starts addressing Madeline's depression and reason for climbing the mountain), and I could really connect with Madeline as a character, along with her sense of relief once she reaches the peak of the mountain.

On the other hand, that game is absurdly difficult and I am not going to do anything like that again if I can avoid it. I died 1580 times in the base story alone, and I didn't even try to get the Crystal Hearts, find all of the strawberries (I got 54 out of 170-ish strawberries) or find/complete the extra-difficult B-side levels (and I've read that there are C-side levels, which are even MORE challenging).

The game's got a great story, and it rewards patience and observation, but on the other hand, you need to have an extremely high tolerance for dying over and over again. (or situations where you die if you don't have insanely good timing)
Bro there's still 2 more chapters: Core & Farewell. Look up a guide to find the Crystal Hearts since you can just go in and grab them real quick so you can get those final bits of story.

Having beaten all the chapters, I will say the B-sides range from challenging yet fair to absolutely brutal. The C-sides are actually pretty fun since they're only 3 screens each. 7B, 7C, and 8C are all pretty difficult, but once you get to those you ought to know what you're doing.

Farewell is incredibly difficult and incredibly long, but damn is it worth it. It tackles grief just as well as base Celeste tackles depression and anxiety. I understand if you want to just watch a guide, but it hits different when you're the one who gets through it.

Have fun! :D

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Most people: GF needs to bring back the NatDex/Battle Frontier/Partner Pokemon.

Me: GF needs to bring back Rotation Battles, those cowards.

Seriously though rotation battles were so underrated. My Magic Bounce / Dual Screen / Wish Espeon was such an MVP.

...I just realized that I'm getting super nostalgic for Gen 5 foe some reason.

Shroob

Sup?
Soon, it'll be Christmas

I'll be here downing advertiser friendly beverages alone, like every year

Peace and quiet is a blessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom