• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I just beat Celeste. On one hand, it's a well-written game (especially towards the end, when it starts addressing Madeline's depression and reason for climbing the mountain), and I could really connect with Madeline as a character, along with her sense of relief once she reaches the peak of the mountain.

On the other hand, that game is absurdly difficult and I am not going to do anything like that again if I can avoid it. I died 1580 times in the base story alone, and I didn't even try to get the Crystal Hearts, find all of the strawberries (I got 54 out of 170-ish strawberries) or find/complete the extra-difficult B-side levels (and I've read that there are C-side levels, which are even MORE challenging).

The game's got a great story, and it rewards patience and observation, but on the other hand, you need to have an extremely high tolerance for dying over and over again. (or situations where you die if you don't have insanely good timing)
I'd skip out on the other **** like Farewell and Core if the gameplay wasn't your cup of tea. You're gonna be dying a lot more there than in basegame.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
You know what!? I don't care if I get nothing for Christmas and THAT'S FINAL!
I'm always having trouble deciding what to pick... (I'm getting a Gamecube after Christmas on the holidays soon.)
Edit: I'm getting a couple of presents and my mother is taking me to the shops to get more things for me.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
ARE YOU ALL READY FOR THE HOLIDAYS?!

'CAUSE I SURE AM.

I'm Mr. White Christmas, I'm Mr. Snow! I'm Mr. Icicle, I'm Mr. 10 Below! Friends call me Snow Miser, whatever I touch/Turns to snow in my clutch! I'm... too much!

..,In all seriousness, Merry Christmas, everyone. I hope the holiday's a wonderful time for all of you awesome people.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
We don't need no education

We don't need no thought control

No dark sarcasm in the classroom

Teacher leave them kids alone

HEY, TEACHER, LEAVE THEM KIDS ALONE

All in all it's just a-nother brick in the wall

All in all you're just a-nother brick in the wall

Shroob

Sup?

I can never hear that the same way again after the Feliz Navidad guy tried to sing that.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero

Silly you, I'm not a brick. I is a Kurb.
images (39).jpeg

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I just went on twitter and added every Star Wars word and phrase I could think of to my mute list so I never have to hear about it.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY! Well, Christmas Eve.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'd skip out on the other **** like Farewell and Core if the gameplay wasn't your cup of tea. You're gonna be dying a lot more there than in basegame.
Way ahead of you on that front. I've only seen a single Crystal Heart (which are apparently needed to access chapter 8), and I haven't gotten any of them. I'm happy with just beating the game and seeing the credits roll.

Bro there's still 2 more chapters: Core & Farewell. Look up a guide to find the Crystal Hearts since you can just go in and grab them real quick so you can get those final bits of story.

Having beaten all the chapters, I will say the B-sides range from challenging yet fair to absolutely brutal. The C-sides are actually pretty fun since they're only 3 screens each. 7B, 7C, and 8C are all pretty difficult, but once you get to those you ought to know what you're doing.

Farewell is incredibly difficult and incredibly long, but damn is it worth it. It tackles grief just as well as base Celeste tackles depression and anxiety. I understand if you want to just watch a guide, but it hits different when you're the one who gets through it.

Have fun! :D
Celeste clicked for me in the last two chapters, but I wasn't exactly having fun in chapters 4 and 5. (I wasn't a fan of chapter 4's mix of high winds, bouncy platforms that (in some cases) disappeared after one use, and instant death spikes covering seemingly every surface, and chapter 5's non-linear nature made progression rather frustrating) I'm not usually the type to seek out incredibly difficult games, and I find games like that to be more frustrating than fun. (though Celeste's generous check point system and infinite lives helped)

I'm satisfied with just beating chapter 7 and seeing the credits.

>Splatoon 3 is trending
>Instead of a new game, it's just a theory that was debunked like 5 minutes afterView attachment 254308
Just to be clear, was it because of this picture from Nintendo's Instagram account, which was followed up on with this one?

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Man Gremlins was such a fun film. Sure a slow burn at first but does a good job building up to the Gremlins eventually causing chaos throughout the city.

Can't wait to watch the sequel soon enough.

Can't choose between this and Critters. I think I like both equally. Gremlins is more slow paced but has bigger destruction whereas Critters is more fast pace but not as destructive but still fun never the less.

D

Deleted member

The He-Man and She-Ra Christmas Special wasn’t perfect, but really fun to watch with some cool moments!

Now I’m going to have lunch.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Merry Christmas eve my dudes.

Going out to brunch soon and will head to a Christmas eve service and Red Lobster for dinner later. Gonna be hype.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Gremlins vs. Critters should be a comic.

I'd say movie but if they were gonna do such a thing that should had been back in the 90s or early 2000s. I think its now too late for something like that as with an Gremlins 3 which also if done should had been in the 90s.

D

Deleted member

Merry Christmas eve my dudes.

Going out to brunch soon and will head to a Christmas eve service and Red Lobster for dinner later. Gonna be hype.
Basically same here, but instead of brunch and having dinner outside of our house, our grandparents are going to be looking at a house. They want to move here, and my parents are helping them along.

We're going to a Christmas Eve service too, but I hate the damn things. Our church literally just hands out candles, we sing for an hour, and we're done.
I wish I didn't have to go, but getting into an argument now(especially over my lack of faith) is def not a smart idea literally the day before christmas. So uh, see ya!

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Basically same here, but instead of brunch and having dinner outside of our house, our grandparents are going to be looking at a house. They want to move here, and my parents are helping them along.

We're going to a Christmas Eve service too, but I hate the damn things. Our church literally just hands out candles, we sing for an hour, and we're done.
I wish I didn't have to go, but getting into an argument now(especially over my lack of faith) is def not a smart idea literally the day before christmas. So uh, see ya!
My home church is meatier than that thankfully lol

Do your best to make the most of it and all. Good luck.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Merry Christmas eve, y'all

I'm curious. does your family have any fun Christmas traditions?

For example, on Christmas morning, my mother makes delicious cinnamon rolls for breakfast. Really spices up the day and gets you in the Christmas mood

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

For example, on Christmas morning, my mother makes delicious cinnamon rolls. Really spices up the day and really gets you in the Christmas mood
My family traditions involve my great aunt hosting a big party every year and inviting every family member she can think of and the people around her neighborhood. And we all watch Jingle all the way.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

For example, on Christmas morning, my mother makes delicious cinnamon rolls for breakfast. Really spices up the day and gets you in the Christmas mood
Actually, we do exactly the same thing you do. What a coincidence.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I've lately been interested in Ace Attorney. Found out there's an anime based on it. Think I'm gonna give it a look.

Also gonna get buy them on the Store on my Switch too for that matter.

D

Deleted member

Can’t be a comic book fan if you don’t post this legendary scene on Christmas:

D

Deleted member

My home church is meatier than that thankfully lol

Do your best to make the most of it and all. Good luck.
At the very least, it'll only be an hour.

Like I said, I wish I didn't have to go, but considering my situation, it's just not worth it.

The only person who formally(aka I directly said "I'm Atheist" to them) knows i'm an Atheist is my soon-to-be-10-year-old brother, funnily enough.
I'm almost certain my parents at least have a suspicion(I almost let the cat out of the bag one time on the way home from a long trip :l ) but I dunno if they actually know or not.

D

Deleted member

I've lately been interested in Ace Attorney. Found out there's an anime based on it. Think I'm gonna give it a look.

Also gonna get buy them on the Store on my Switch too for that matter.
If you end up liking Ace Attorney, I would seriously suggest to try the Professor Layton games too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom