• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Y'all should be more concerned with whether the Battle Frontier will be kept in hypothetical Gen 4 remake.

Even then, Pokemon Pearl was my first Pokemon. Playing a fully remade version on a goddamn console is a childhood pipe dream made real. I really hope they're considering making them.
We both know the answer to this is an absolute no. If oras couldn’t get a frontier back, shinnoh isn’t either.

Im not even convinced they’ll keep the underground at this point

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Damn, your still missed today Iwata, May you rest in piece

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I should say, despite my criticisms of DP and Sinnoh as a whole, I actually would be happy to see a remake. There are a lot of things about those games I feel could make them the strongest remakes in the franchise, especially if they improve on things like Mt. Coronet and further advance the story like in ORAS. I do understand the concern over Platinum's content after Emerald was almost entirely ignored, but I don't think those future games should be written off so easily just because of that flaw. There's potential there for a great remake, at least wait to see how they approach it before saying that it'll outright be trash for just existing.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I love how you have all those badass legendaries on the cover.

And then there is Jigglypuff, ready to **** their **** up.
“Don’t mess with the Puff”

They should make a T-shirt with that sentence.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
One possible idea they could do for DP remakes is they could still make two versions follow the plot of Platinum, but make Dialga and Palkia still version exclusives to catch in the postgame.

Dialga and Palkia being version exclusives could tie into the new postgame story similar to the Looker Files in XY/Delta Episode in ORAS/Ultra Beast Missions in SM/Rainbow Rocket in USUM where you'd have to go through some quest to catch those legendaries (which one you catch and which one the villain uses would be version exclusive), culminating in one final battle with Arceus at the end of the story much like the Deoxys battle in the Delta Episode (I think it was a genius idea to bring a Mythic like Deoxys to that story in the end, and I think it'd be a brilliant idea to apply a similar idea with Arceus for the DP remakes, especially since Arceus is heavily connected with Sinnoh lore and is the creator of the Lake Guardians+the Creation Trio).

Heck, Sword and Shield kinda did something like this already.

Sword and Shield is the first time we have the introductory games of a generation have the third legendary play a big role in the story for once instead of making that Pokemon heavily influence the plot only in the update/sequel version. Both version legendaries also appear in the two baseline games and play equally important roles. The version exclusive part about them is in the postgame where one version legendary is the one you catch while the other ends up being uncatchable and used by the villain for some purpose.

If Sword and Shield could pull this off, maybe DP remakes and future generation games could do the same.

Y'all should be more concerned with whether the Battle Frontier will be kept in hypothetical Gen 4 remake.
I have some faith that they'll add the Battle Frontier this time since we have some of the Sinnoh Frontier Brains like Thornton in Pokemon Masters.

Even without the Battle Frontier, Sinnoh still had a very good postgame: aside from the Battle Frontier, there were still those five additional routes on that island, the two towns, and Stark Mountain to explore, as well as that extra area of Victory Road you explore with Marley that leads to Route 224. There were even lots of legendaries to catch. If we do get DP remakes, I think they'll still be the first Pokemon games to have a solid postgame for once.

The entire reason they remade the first 3 generations was because it was increasingly harder to complete the National dex because those Pokemon weren't readily available in the current games. But without a national dex to complete anyway there's no need to remake Diamond and Pearl.
Somewhat relevant to that topic of the National Dex, but Sinnoh actually got the short end of the stick when it came to Dexit, in that most of the cut Pokemon for Sword and Shield were from Sinnoh. I'd argue that's actually one of the biggest supporting evidences for DP remakes at this point, since that would allow Gamefreak to release those games so that they could bring the entire Sinnoh lineup for the remakes.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
“Don’t mess with the Puff”

They should make a T-shirt with that sentence.
I heard Jigglypuff has an eight pack. That she's shredded. That she beats up legendaries at the parking lot behind the Pokemon Center.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I heard Jigglypuff has an eight pack. That she's shredded. That she beats up legendaries at the parking lot behind Pokemon Center.
Never go to the parking lot son.

The puff resides there, and it is too dangerous.

Take the other path home instead.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I would rather they go back to the drawing board and make that Pokemon warriors that was in consideration before this.
Or you do both. It’s a story and designs like conquest but you play like a warriors game

Noipoi

Howdy!
They could do like, the normal diamond pearl plot. But when you beat the game it unlocks the platinum episode where you go to the distortion world or smth

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Me, enjoying Diamond and Pearl remakes for the sake of seeing one of my childhood regions in 3D and actually having fun
View attachment 250482
But... Sinnoh was already in 3D.

This is pretty much the Pokemon fandom post-NatDex drama. Things have quieted down now, but when the next games get announced, hooooo boy people are gonna come back out of the woodwork and make it "fun" all over again.

The Pokemon fandom is straight up just the Sonic fandom now. Just lots of yelling and constant complaining, with seemingly nothing being able to make them happy.
The main difference here is that the people complaining about Pokemon have some sense to their complaints, the games havee really gotten too easy and they keep removing cool features that should have stayed. And then they delete 60% of the roster and replace it with nothing I think that one was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

Don't get me wrong, the games were never hard, but there was SOME level of difficulty in boss battles in the past games. The only fought fight I remember in recent years was Necrozma.

Even then, Pokemon Pearl was my first Pokemon. Playing a fully remade version on a goddamn console is a childhood pipe dream made real. I really hope they're considering making them.
I think we all know we ain't getting the battle frontier :(

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Yup, this
View attachment 250519

Certainly looks the exact same as this
View attachment 250520
The more I look at stuff like this, the more I think SwSh actually looks fine.

I dunno, maybe I just have low standards, but the game honestly looks great to me. It is far from as heinous as others say it supposedly is.

The main difference here is that the people complaining about Pokemon have some sense to their complaints, the games havee really gotten too easy and they keep removing cool features that should have stayed. And then they delete 60% of the roster and replace it with nothing I think that one was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

Don't get me wrong, the games were never hard, but there was SOME level of difficulty in boss battles in the past games. The only fought fight I remember in recent years was Necrozma.
I get that, and plenty of people have constructive criticism to give for sure. However, there are some complaints I've seen from others that to me come of as nitpicking ever since the 3D era, especially with SwSh.

I get that Pokemon needs to improve in some areas, but I don't think things are as doom and gloom as some believe.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

I dunno, maybe I just have low standards, but the game honestly looks great to me. It is far from as heinous as others say it supposedly is.

I get that, and plenty of people have constructive criticism to give for sure. However, there are some complaints I've seen that to me come of as nitpicking ever since the 3D era, especially with SwSh.

I get that Pokemon needs to improve in some areas, but I don't think things are as doom and gloom as some believe.
I think it looks kinda rough in certain areas, and yes the trees are kinda dumb looking, but I also don’t think it looks as abysmal as people made it out to be.

Yeah it’s no Mario Odyssey, but who cares???

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

I get that, and plenty of people have constructive criticism to give for sure. However, there are some complaints I've seen from others that to me come of as nitpicking ever since the 3D era, especially with SwSh.

The game doesn't look bad, it's that there's barely an improvement from Sun and Moon. Most of the game especially in battles looks like Sun and Moon on an emulator.

Another issue is that there's no incentive to improve if the games still sell well. It's why the games have felt mediocre for a while, game freak is giving off the impression that they don't need to try because it'll do good anyway.

D

Deleted member

But... Sinnoh was already in 3D.

I think we all know we ain't getting the battle frontier :(
100% ditto to this, the games have gotten way easier over the years. it wouldn’t even be that hard to add a difficultly setting, just scale Pokemon lvls and stats depending on the lvl. Barely takes a week, let along a month.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
100% ditto to this, the games have gotten way easier over the years. it wouldn’t even be that hard to add a difficultly setting, just scale Pokemon lvls and stats depending on the lvl. Barely takes a week, let along a month.
They managed to do something like this pretty well with BW2. I have no idea why it's so difficult to keep this feature around. Removing it was a massive failure of Gamefreaks part.

D

Deleted member

Yes, Gengar is in the roster.
Oh, that’s really cool!

I would like to see the whole roster whenever you feel it is the right time to share.

Maybe I could even share it with my friend through WhatssApp to see if he can give you feedback.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I think it looks kinda rough in certain areas, and yes the trees are kinda dumb looking, but I also don’t think it looks as abysmal as people made it out to be.

Yeah it’s no Mario Odyssey, but who cares???
Oh yeah, I'll agree it ain't up to par with BotW or Mario, but I guess I'm honestly just...fine with it because the game is still fun.

I guess I'm just not a graphics guy. Gameplay is what is most important to me, and as long as that's top grade, I can put up with just about anything. :drshrug:

The game doesn't look bad, it's that there's barely an improvement from Sun and Moon. Most of the game especially in battles looks like Sun and Moon on an emulator.

Another issue is that there's no incentive to improve if the games still sell well. It's why the games have felt mediocre for a while, game freak is giving off the impression that they don't need to try because it'll do good anyway.
From a business standpoint, I can honestly see where TPC and GF are coming from. Why fix what isn't broken? The amount of money they make on return with each Pokemon title compared to the modest budget and dev time is probably staggering.

I tend to look at both consumer side and the business side of things. Pokemon's biggest reason to stay the way it is is because it's working, especially with its target demographic of children and casual fans. Children and casual fans playing Pokemon don't seem to care if the game isn't breaking the mold and setting new standards...they just wanna play Pokemon.

It would be amazing if Pokemon moved forward and became as legendary as a video game could ever be, but looking at who develops it and other circumstances just tell me that that "BotW Pokemon" just ain't ever gonna happen. For me personally, I'm able to still love Pokemon because I realize that and accept it for what it is. Others feel differently, and that's perfectly fine! At the end of the day, ya just gotta play what you think looks fun and worth it to you.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Breaking news: A game that uses the same aetstyle as Sun/Moon looks a lot like an HD Sun and Moon.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
On the topic of National Dex being absent now, there's a thought that just crossed my mind:

Remember this little bit in the Sinnoh games? Professor Oak appears in the DPP postgame, and he is mainly there to check your National Dex progress (he also appears in that Shaymin-catching event and is also the one that triggers the Kanto birds being catchable in Platinum, but those two things are not the focus for this topic).

With no National Dex, what do you think Professor Oak's role would be in the DP remakes?

I personally think maybe they could add something like a National Dex in the postgame, but it would probably be something like an added 200 Pokemon that would not appear in the main story but would appear in the postgame (basically something similar to what was originally rumored to happen in Sword and Shield when the main leaks came out near the games' release date), and Oak could serve to check your progress for this "Expanded" Sinnoh Dex.

(In case if any of are wondering if those evolutions like Electivire, Mamoswine, and Gallade would be part of this 200 Expanded lineup, that's not how I imagine it; I'd imagine the main story would have the Sinnoh Dex from Pokemon Platinum, and those 200 Pokemon would be Pokemon that are not part of those initial 210 'mons).

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Breaking news: A game that uses the same aetstyle as Sun/Moon looks a lot like an HD Sun and Moon.
They use the same artstyle as XY though. So why don't they look the same?

Another comparison, sonic adventure, Sonic adventure 2 and Sonic heroes use the same artstyle so why do they look different? 0r all the 3DS Layton games, or Paper Mario?
Hell Kingdom hearts 3 uses the same artstyle as past games but there's an improvement there

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
If you spend all your time on message boards you’d think these were the most hated games in the world.

But then I step outta the bubble, and see thousands of people making fanart and memes and having fun.

And I know it’s gonna be okay.

D

Deleted member

On the topic of National Dex being absent now, there's a thought that just crossed my mind:

Remember this little bit in the Sinnoh games? Professor Oak appears in the DPP postgame, and he is mainly there to check your National Dex progress (he also appears in that Shaymin-catching event and is also the one that triggers the Kanto birds being catchable in Platinum, but those two things are not the focus for this topic).

With no National Dex, what do you think Professor Oak's role would be in the DP remakes?

I personally think maybe they could add something like a National Dex in the postgame, but it would probably be something like an added 200 Pokemon that would not appear in the main story but would appear in the postgame (basically something similar to what was originally rumored would happen in Sword and Shield when the main leaks came out near the games' release date), and Oak could serve to check your progress for this "Expanded" Sinnoh Dex.

(In case if any of are wondering if those evolutions like Electivire, Mamoswine, and Gallade would be part of this 200 Expanded lineup, that's now how I imagine it; I'd imagine the main story would have the Sinnoh Dex from Pokemon Platinum, and those 200 Pokemon would be Pokemon not part of those initial 210 'mons).
I wouldn’t mind that idea.

By the by, I really love your pfp.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Oh, that’s really cool!

I would like to see the whole roster whenever you feel it is the right time to share.

Maybe I could even share it with my friend through WhatssApp to see if he can give you feedback.
I can share it right now, I’m still trying to figure out a few suggestions though:
Let’s Go!:
Pikachu,
Eevee, Alolan Marowak, Melmetal
Gen I:
Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Machamp, Gengar, Meowth, Alakazam, Mewtwo.
Gen II:
Typhosion, Feraligatr, Scizor, Heracross, Granbull, Ampharos, Tyranitar, Entei.
Gen III:
Sceptile, Blaziken, Swampert, Gardevoir, Flygon, Metagross, Aggron, Deoxys.
Gen IV:
Infernape, Empoleon, Lucario, Garchomp, Weavile, Toxicroak, Roserade, Darkrai.
Gen V:
Dewott, Zoroark, Darmanitan, Golurk, Hydreigon, Haxorus, Meloetta, Genesect.
Gen VI:
Braixen, Greninja, Hawlucha, Noivern, Florges, Pangoro, Aegislash, Goodra,
Gen VII:
Decidueye, Incineroar, Bewear, Salazzle, Golisopod, Mimikyu, Tapu Koko, Pheromosa.
Gen VIII: Rillaboom? Cinderace? Intellion? Corviknight, Orbeetle? Dreadnaw? Grimmsnarl? Toxtricity? Grapploct? Dragapult? Zacian? Obstagoon?, Sirfetch’d?,

Other fighters I’m considering:

-Snorlax, Hitmonlee, Dragonite, Sandslash, Rhyhorn, Nidoking,
-Azumarill, Blissey, Quagsire, Suicine, Raikou,
-Mawile, Sableye, Cacturne, Absol, Regice
-Lopunny, Gallade, Rhyperior, Luxray, Abomasnow, Electivire,
-Emboar, Scrafty, Bisharp, Mienshao, Krookodile, Archeops, Excadrill
-Chesnaught, Heliolisk, Hoopa,
-Primarina, Zeraora, Marshadow, Poipole

Here were some changes I was considering:
-replacing Flygon with Absol, Regice, Mawile, Sableye or Cacturne
-replacing Entei with Raikou
-choosing between Buzzwole, Pheromosa, Poipole, Blacephalon for the UB rep