• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Nolan North is literally the Tara Strong of video games when it comes to voice acting.
Both of them have more friggin' voice roles than I can count, and I really enjoy their work, so I have to agree. I, personally, love Nolan's work in Valve games, in particular.

"SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!"

"Happy Explosion Day, gorgeous!"

"The likelihood of you dying within the next five minutes is 87.61%"

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
But

But she wasn’t forced

She represented Toohless’ need to be more in tune with his dragon origins, as opposed to his relatively domestic life. She (along with Grimmel) were the catalysts in showing Hiccup that dragons needed to be separated from humans.
Eh.

That was a theme I could've gathered fron simply watching the second movie amd knowing there were more dragons and another movie.

They basically did the Butterfree story again so it was easy to see coming.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Avengers looks pretty good though. Really solid conference. I’m getting final fantasy seven for sure, might even buy the bundle as that cloud figure is sick. May even pick final fantasy 8. Avengers is definitely something I’ll get.

There was a lot of good content overall. Probably my favorite conference so far. Surprised that lost sphere didn’t show up though. Might be having trouble in development

Noipoi

Howdy!
Eh.

That was a theme I could've gathered fron simply watching the second movie amd knowing there were more movies.

They basically did the Butterfree story again so it was easy to see coming.
I mean you’re entitled to your opinion but

I strongly disagree

Incredibly so

To ridiculous degrees

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Also, not much in the way of gameplay, which is disappointing.

But that's why we got MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE 3 BAYBEE!!!

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
That was really solid. Maybe a could have had a bit less on DQB2 given it's out in Japan and not reused the same KH trailer but otherwise, great work Square.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
As someone who wasn't planning to watch Square's conference and only decided to do so 15 minutes before it started, I have to say I was very impressed.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
8/10 conference, probably the best so far. Looking forward to nintendo's, I won't be here to discuss it live though.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So Square so far had the best conference.

Step up from the FF Fishing VR simulator.

But can we discuss how Nintendo had the most secure conference so far? Think about it, Sabi bailed, VRPlant is silent, Verge doesn't know much, Shinobi only said one thing that nobody but Verge is backing (which even he said isn't guaranteed), and LeakyPanda doesn't even count.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
WAIT A MINUTE

What about Collection of Mana?

And Ms. Quiet Man?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Surprised that the Avengers is game is coming out less than a year from now. Definitely an improvement over Microsoft's conference; the FF8 remaster and the Avengers info were surprises (for me, at least), and I'll have to look into the Dragon Quest 11 trailer. (I missed some of the visuals due to going back and forth between tabs)

I missed the Ubisoft conference due to work - did anything interesting come out of that?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
NINTENDO E3 CONFERENCE ON THE HORIZON

INITIATING HYPE MODE

It would have been so easy to make her dislikeable

She’s the one coming in between this legendary friendship, why should we root for her? But they did a great job of making her and toothless adorable and showing that he belonged with her.
I'm glad they averted that picking that kind of route for the character.

For a bit I was kinda worried she'd be this really snooty and arrogant dragon who would want nothing to do with Toothless at first and he would struggle to win her heart. Instead, she took an interest in him around the same time he took an interest in her. She also just seemed to be following her own instincts and so it was hard to have issue with her when it was easy to understand and sympathize with her motives and background. Along with all that, the scenes and development the two Furies get together are too adorable and heartwarming for words.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Last Remnant is already up on the eshop.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Anyways. Anyone else plamning to pull an all-nighter until the Direct?

Cause I know at this point that's the onlt feasible way I'll be able to see it live.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The Avengers game is more muted compared to Spider-Man's visual style.

FF7R had a lot of stuff to show off and I think it stole the show.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I won't lie though, the Avengers does look really cool.

I'm just..very out of the loop on the Marvel universe and it's story and lore at this point. And the heroes are awesome but there are plenty of other heroes people are excited for or want to see that I don't know squat about. It's just hard for me to be nearly as excited as the majority when I'm waaaaaaaay behind on MCU stuff.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Wow... I dont know what happened in here to cause such an unusual start of a thread, but Id appreciate a DM explaining it in a logical way.

Stupid curiosity.

Anyway- I just got super Tony Bummed/Hyped, moved, and had an intense day at work. Not to mention saying goodbye to a good friend.

Thank goodness for Nintendo tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom