• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
If you really don’t think Animal Crossing is gonna be there then I dunno what to tell you
if it is there, Then Ill be happy. Probably going to be "its delayed" message like everyone likes to joke about tho
I was earlier but no more. Why be gloomy and depressed on the final day until tomorrow when you can go in with happy smiles regardless of who gets revealed given all sides have supporters. Whoever gets in is a win regardless and we simply congrats his/her supporters. :)
I mean, I can still be sad and its kinda hard for me to be happy about something I cant/dont really care about. But ill say glad yall are happy in advanced

Last edited:

Atlas2398

Smash Cadet
9:51 here, watching trihex make a dope bingo board :) can't wait to binge food and watch a direct & treehouse all day

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So the game has Captain America, Iron Man, Black Widow, Thor, and Hulk playable, alongside seemingly Hank Pym as the first free update character(?).

Here's hoping for Scarlet Witch and Hawkeye. Not expecting Doctor Strange since he's usually unaffiliated with the Avengers, or Scott Lang since they're seemingly using Pym, so hopefully those former two get added soon.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Finally caught up with the news.

The FF7 remakes look great, I wasn't sure on the gameplay when it was first revealed but they really showcased some unique things you can do with it in the new trailer and showcase. It definitely looks like it'll be a fun take on the original game and I look forward to seeing how it evolves as more information is released.
-Part 1 focusing on Midgar I expected, though I'm curious what they're going to expand on to fill out the game. The original Midgar wasn't that meaty and it doesn't take up much of the game, so they'll have to expand on it greatly to make it fill like a full area on its own.
-Not sure how I feel about them changing out all the original actors from the Compilation. The new Cloud and Barret do sound good, but up and replacing all of the previous actors after having them for years just feels odd to me.
-Good to finally see Tifa!

As for FF8 Remaster, that was my highlight of the show. I've said it before, but that's the game I've wanted to play from the series in a long time, but it's always alluded me due to me not getting into FF until late and it not being on the systems I owned. Now I'll finally be able to play it with some neat little updates added, it's definitely a day one buy as soon as it comes out.

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
For some reason, I’m already a bit disappointed in the Nintendo presentation even though it hasn’t happened yet. What exactly of what Nintendo could show would excite the gaming scene as a whole in the long run?

A single Smash character doesn’t have the sort of massive impact that, like, something like Everyone is Here has, does it?

Maybe I’m just hoping more so for something new than just for continuations of past franchises.

...Ehh, my personal disappointment will probably go away after I watch it, even if it is otherwise disappointing, there’ll surely be something that catches my attention... probably.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Well, Dragon Quest Builders 2 looked great! Aside from that though... nothing else really got me excited from Square Enix

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
For some reason, I’m already a bit disappointed in the Nintendo presentation even though it hasn’t happened yet. What exactly of what Nintendo could show would excite the gaming scene as a whole in the long run?

A single Smash character doesn’t have the sort of massive impact that, like, something like Everyone is Here has, does it?

Maybe I’m just hoping more so for something new than just for continuations of past franchises.

...Ehh, my personal disappointment will probably go away after I watch it, even if it is otherwise disappointing, there’ll surely be something that catches my attention... probably.
I have to ask, how can you be disappointed in something you have not even seen yet? I get what you mean(Though I don't feel the same way), I just don't think disappointment is the right term.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm hoping at some chance that Sakurai is either keeping it a secret and will actually reveal DLC fighters 72 and 73 or at most teases fighter 73 at the end.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Reduced size?

She's clearly wearing a sports bra.

She just looks smaller.
People are just going to draw her with bigger **** anyway.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Man imagine how much the internet would explore if said DLC fighter announced tomorrow was Porky alongside Mother 3 getting localized by Reggie who makes an guest appearance.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
HOLY **** OH MY GOD HOLY ****!

Ok, so I was thinking back to Marvel's Spider-man right? The game is great, it's amazing. And it has one big thing in it. The Avenger's Tower.

Ok, so why am I excited? Peter's comments on The Avenger's Tower is as follows:

"Avenger's Tower is so cool but they're never around to use it. I think they're somewhere on the West Coast right now. Probably surfing or something."

Now, where does the trailer for Marvel's Avengers take place? That's right. San Francisco. Right on the West Coast. It's official ladies and gentleman! Marvel's Avengers and Marvel's Spider-Man is officially connected. Marvel Videogame Universe here we come!

Don't know where the hell Marvel's Ultimate Alliance 3 would fall in though. Maybe that one isn't a part of the canon.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
I have to ask, how can you be disappointed in something you have not even seen yet? I get what you mean(Though I don't feel the same way), I just don't think disappointment is the right term.
I think my mind has attached itself to the almost certainly mistaken idea that everything in the presentation will just be about stuff we already know about, like LM3, Animal Crossing (I know we know nothing about it, but it can’t be THAT different from past games), Mario Maker 2, 3 Houses, a touch of Sword and Shield, and Smash (just one character? Is it one that we’ve talked about to death already?) So, it feels like there will be minimal surprise, even though I know that there has to be at least one brand new thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom