• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
HOLY **** OH MY GOD HOLY ****!

Ok, so I was thinking back to Marvel's Spider-man right? The game is great, it's amazing. And it has one big thing in it. The Avenger's Tower.

Ok, so why am I excited? Peter's comments on The Avenger's Tower is as follows:

"Avenger's Tower is so cool but they're never around to use it. I think they're somewhere on the West Coast right now. Probably surfing or something."

Now, where does the trailer for Marvel's Avengers take place? That's right. San Francisco. Right on the West Coast. It's official ladies and gentleman! Marvel's Avengers and Marvel's Spider-Man is officially connected. Marvel Videogame Universe here we come!

Don't know where the hell Marvel's Ultimate Alliance 3 would fall in though. Maybe that one isn't a part of the canon.
I interpreted that quote as just a subtle joke/nod to the West Coast Avengers comics. I guess it could've been foreshadowing though.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I interpreted that quote as just a subtle joke/nod to the West Coast Avengers comics. I guess it could've been foreshadowing though.
Yeah, that's exactly what I originally thought, but now? After seeing the trailer and having it SPECIFICALLY take place in San Francisco? I think Marvel Games is setting up a chronology. I really do. I think CERTAIN games are going to connect to each other but I think games like Ultimate Alliance and Marvel vs. Capcom fall well outside this chronology.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Well the big one is tomorrow. Oh god I'm getting excited and I shouldn't because it'll keep me up late, send help.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
HOLY **** OH MY GOD HOLY ****!

Ok, so I was thinking back to Marvel's Spider-man right? The game is great, it's amazing. And it has one big thing in it. The Avenger's Tower.

Ok, so why am I excited? Peter's comments on The Avenger's Tower is as follows:

"Avenger's Tower is so cool but they're never around to use it. I think they're somewhere on the West Coast right now. Probably surfing or something."

Now, where does the trailer for Marvel's Avengers take place? That's right. San Francisco. Right on the West Coast. It's official ladies and gentleman! Marvel's Avengers and Marvel's Spider-Man is officially connected. Marvel Videogame Universe here we come!

Don't know where the hell Marvel's Ultimate Alliance 3 would fall in though. Maybe that one isn't a part of the canon.
I literally asked if they share the same world earlier.

With MUA, we still never got that story about Galactus getting his salty runback.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So I was musing over this coming E3 Direct and, while I’m concerned about the character shown, my main concern is how they will be shown.

I can’t fathom it being a teaser trailer like Joker got without any substance but seeing that, while fun, would be a bit of a hype kill without seeing any actual content.

Then again, a trailer with actual content like what we got when Joker was finally released means we probably won’t be getting cute little teaser trailers.

So basically it’s one of those classic win/lose, win/lose situations. On one hand, we win cause we get a character and a full reveal trailer later on but we lose at it’s just a teaser trailer and we probably won’t get to see the character action. While on the other hand, we would get a full character trailer which is a win but we lose the teaser trailer which makes vague character speculation that much more better.

Last edited:

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I'm pre-writing my reactions for tomorrow.

Banjo & Kazooie: BEST GAME EVER
Erdrick: Not the best, but I understand why he's there
Ryu Hayabusa: HURRAY DARKHORSE
Doomslayer: uh...okay
Steve: *goes to sell copy of Smash forever
Another Fire Emblem character: *hangs head in shame and disgust
Master Chief: *Dies
Another Zelda character that isn't Lana/Cia: Sakurai doesn't hate Zelda after all
Sylux: BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So, Tyler Hoechlin is voicing Sephiroth in FF7R. He played Superman in Supergirl. And George Newbern voiced Sephiroth before, who played Superman in Justice League cartoon.

So what I'm getting at is that Sephiroth might be from Krypton.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Alright, I'm ready for the reveal tomorrow.
Come on Steve, I'm rooting for ya against the odds!
I'm still a bit surprised that Nintendo was so secure with their conference, usually, they're the least secure when it comes to anything.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That feeling when Akuma's gonna be the new character after all this.
Raging Demon.gif
[/spoiler

SHOOOOOUSH!!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Another Zelda character that isn't Lana/Cia: Sakurai doesn't hate Zelda after all
How about reactions to these?

Crash
Elma
Phoenix Wright

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427

I have mixed feelings about this. This is how I feel

Banjo & Kazooie: I personally don't want them
Erdrick: This is all I want
Ryu Hayabusa: Meh
Doomslayer: Seems a bit out of place, but I'd be okay with it after a while
Steve: I'd laugh and be okay with it
Another Fire Emblem character: yes please!
Master Chief: I'll pass
Another Zelda character that isn't Lana/Cia: Why couldn't it have been Lana or Cia? They look great!

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982

Steve: *goes to sell copy of Smash forever plays Smash the next day after getting over it
Another Fire Emblem character: *hangs head in shame and disgust Plays smash the next day after getting over it
Fixed some of your reactions for what will actually happen for you.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I got one am ready and hoping for a shadow drop. Regardless of who the character is, having someone new to play right away tomorrow would be amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom